InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Acting Like It ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Hey guys! Don’t got a lot to say right now, so...

-Punishment of the Inu/Tryst - Yep, chained. Lol, I’m actually a little surprised you’re reading this story considering it’s mostly just an offhand story. I think I actually started writing it as a way to get off of the writer’s block I had for WMTM and it kinda elevated from there. ^_^ Anyway, I’m really glad you like it (even if it took you all day to read ^_^) and don’t think Inu and Sess are too far OOC. Inu Taisho? Revived? Well that is definitely an interesting idea. I have thought of Sesshomaru reviving Inu Taisho before, but not in association with this story. Huh. Well now you’ve gone and given me another idea to contemplate. ^_^ Although, if I think about it, that might not work out too well since (according to the third movie anyway) Sesshomaru wants to defeat his father, and would likely just end up killing him again... But then again, he is supposed to be trying to kill Inuyasha and in turn is comforting and sheltering him, so I don’t know... maybe it will work... ^_^

-elenacala - Lol, well I’m glad I could help you with your sleep. ^_^ I actually have no real idea where this will go myself so I can’t help you out much there... it’s always just as big a surprise to me as it is to everyone else. ^_^ However, i’d love to hear any ideas you have. I’m not necessarily saying they’ll be used, but you never know, they could help inspire me. ^_^

-pokiepal - Lol, well I would hope it’s an original story considering that the plot for the first chapter was developed mostly because I was unhappy with the number of Naraku capturing Inuyasha just as a pet/slave/thing without raping him out there. Anyway, I’m glad it has intrigued you since that is all I’ve really set out to do. Intrigue and hopefully impress my readers. ^_^ And don’t worry about the number of reviews, I’m fine with it. There have been less before than this... Just as long as some people are enjoying it! ^_^ -- oh, and I suggest you move back a little on your seat-- if your chair falls over and you hit your head and wind up in the hospital, how are you ever gonna continue reading the story? ^_^   ~*~   Acting Like It

Amaya stopped in her tracks, catching sight of the two inu demons.

At first she was more startled at Inuyasha’s appearance in general, what with his black hair and round ears, and had instantly tensed at the idea that Sesshomaru now knew of Inuyasha’s transformation date. She herself had not known it until now, but she was not necessarily a potential threat to the hanyou. She would not kill him after all her work just to get him free.

However, the longer she stood staring at the two oblivious youkai, the more she absorbed of the peaceful and relaxed aura around them, until it began to take hold on her as well, and a slow smile began to spread across her lips.

From what she knew, the two brothers had always had a great hate and loathing for each other, and now here they were, curled up on the ground, oblivious to the world around them, just waiting for the time to move again.

She wasn’t even aware exactly how long she had stood there staring at the two, only that when she had arrived there it had still be dark in the moonless night of the new moon, and now the sun was painting streaks across the ground.

She started slightly, an moved to take a step forward, then stopped as the sun’s rays reached the two sleeping youkai, and she watched as they touched Inuyasha, seeming to paint his hair pale silver as they spread up his body. Human ears disappeared, and his dog-ears returned resting on his head, both drooping slightly to the side in sleep, his eyes fluttering slightly as he pressed closer against his brother.

Amaya smiled, her eyes slightly wide, and shook her head, stepping toward the two inu’s, and drawing Sesshomaru’s sharp gaze toward her. It seemed he hadn’t been asleep, but neither had he been aware of her presence, and he looked up at her now, a faint tint of red flickering into his gaze momentarily, before flickering out just as abruptly.

‘Ohaiyo gozaimasu, Sesshomaru.’ She said, not bothering to hide her smile as she flicked her gaze over the still sleeping Inuyasha. She took in the narrowing of Sesshomaru‘s eyes and the fact threat in them that anything she might say next could possibly get her killed, before risking it all and saying ‘It seems the little hanyou has warmed up the cold castles of the Western Lands.’ Her smirk grew as Sesshomaru gave a low growl, cutting off when Inuyasha’s eyes fluttered again and his body tensed noticeably.

Sesshomaru forced his anger down and relaxed his body, trying not to waken his brother while he gazed up at the sorceress.

‘Why are you here?’ He asked, regaining some of his normal indifference. The hanyou had him off-balance, and he didn’t like it.

‘I merely came to check up on Inuyasha, to see that he was still alive.’ She said coolly, and Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed at the blow to his honour. It was a serious one indeed if someone accuses you of being untrustworthy enough to kill someone you’ve taken into your care.

‘That doesn’t explain why you are skulking around in the middle of the night. You could have just as easily made this “check-up” during the reasonable hours of the day.’

‘It is day, Sesshomaru, or had you not noticed that your brother has changed back and the sun is shining in your eyes?’ She asked, taking a few steps closer. ‘And no, I could not have made this “check-up” as we are dubbing it as easily during the “reasonable hours of the day”. I have been busy ever since I left the hanyou in your charge, I have been busy with the humans and Naraku and other things that are not yet of your concern.’ She said, eyeing Inuyasha’s sleeping face again. All her words were true: She had been busy keeping the ningens calm, especially Sango and Kagome, who were incredibly worried and relieved at the same time to learn that Inuyasha and Kohaku were now in Sesshomaru’s care. Neither seemed to trust the demon lord not to kill them, and that was the main reason she was here: to ease their hearts. Even if she did not trust the demon Lord, she knew that he had enough aristocratic honour not to kill those in his charge. Inuyasha and Kohaku were alright. For the moment.

Yet she had never suspected to find Sesshomaru holding Inuyasha in such an intimate embrace, never expected him to... act like a brother. The Lord had been less than pleased when she had announced that Inuyasha would have to stay with him, and yet here he was, holding the sleeping Inuyasha protectively against his chest while he had slept through his transformation. She had seen the flash of red in his eyes when she had approached, and she knew that, had she been coming from behind, Sesshomaru would have undoubtedly killed her.

That fact alone would be enough to relieve any tension or worries of him killing his brother at least: He was so protective over the young hanyou, he was ready to attack any living thing that approached, friend or not.

She cocked her head thoughtfully as Inuyasha’s face scrunched up for a moment into a frown, and then relaxed and smoothed out again. ‘He is very peaceful right now.’ She said, causing Sesshomaru to look down at his brother, his face instantly softening some. ‘I have never seen him so relaxed before, not even in sleep in the Miko’s care.’ She said, and Sesshomaru seemed slightly surprised at this.

‘He was very reluctant to sleep at all. I am surprised.’ Sesshomaru murmured quietly. ‘He has been asleep most of the night though.’ He paused and stared at Inuyasha’s eyes, which were moving rapidly under their lids.

‘He is dreaming.’ Amaya said, and Sesshomaru stared more intently at his brother, as though searching for something. Inuyasha’s face contorted again, an expression of pain this time, and he whimpered, his head thrashing to the side.

Sesshomaru’s own eyes narrowed slightly as he shifted, tightening his arm around Inuyasha’s body, and leaning down to whisper something into Inuyasha’s ear that her human ears could not pick up. The cat-like ear flicked back, then forward, and Inuyasha whimpered again, his hand reached up toward Sesshomaru’s face, causing the demon lord to instinctively pull away. Inuyasha’s hand closed around air, and he whimpered again, his face darkening, as his lips moved softly. ‘Sesshomaru.’ He whimpered quietly, and Amaya raised an eyebrow, while Sesshomaru looked slightly startled.

‘He’s calling for you Sesshomaru.’ She said, making sure her challenge was evident in her voice, in her next words. ‘Will you go to him?’

Sesshomaru looked up at her, eyes cold, then back at his troubled brother, whose eyes still moved rapidly, and whose hand was slowly curling into a fist and moving toward his chest in a protective manner, as though someone was trying to attack him and he was weakly trying to defend himself.

Sesshomaru’s hand moved to meet it, and he gently wrapped his own elegant fingers around that of his brother’s. Inuyasha tensed and stilled, his eyes cracking open after a minute, blinking in confusion, a trace of fear from whatever dream assailant had been attacking him lingering in the honeyed depths, before focusing in on his brother’s face.

‘Sesshomaru?’ He asked quietly, his voice full of confusion, as he glanced down at their clasped hands. Amaya decided this would be a good time to leave, since she had not even planned staying this long in the first place. She cleared her throat loudly, drawing both hanyou and youkai’s gazes to her.

‘I take my leave.’ She said quietly as Inuyasha stared at her in shock, and Sesshomaru in icy contempt.

She turned to walk away, then paused and looked back at the two brother’s whose eyes were still fixed on her.

‘Inuyasha, you have nothing left to fear, Sesshomaru will take good care of you.’ She said gently, before turning and continuing on her route, leaving a stunned silence behind her as the two brother’s contemplated what had just happened, and the seriousness of what she had just said, even as both realised for the first time that she was telling the truth.

Sesshomaru would protect and look after him.

And Inuyasha would let him.

Because somehow, when the universe had suddenly decided to spin rapidly out of control, it had become natural. It had become right.

And that made everything else that they had been through silly and insignifigant, because it was right. They were brothers, after all.

And the time had finally come that they were acting like it. ~*~  

Glossary

Inu - Dog

Hanyou - Half-Demon

Youkai - Demon

Ohaiyo gozaimasu - Good Morning

Ningen - Human

Miko - Priestess  

A\N: *sighs* another WAFF chapter. I really gotta stop this...