InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Illusion ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

--------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.


Title: Illusion
By Land #4 Mirage
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 286
Summary: Kagome continues to believe that they have gone the right way despite Inuyasha's protests. What does she discover as she looks deeper?
Warnings: Language
------------------------------

Kagome continued to stare at the dead end before them. Something just wasn't right about this situation. Now that they were closer she knew that the shard was just ahead of them, she could feel it. Everything pointed to it. But how to get to it. She began looking around, trying to see if they had missed an entrance to a smaller tunnel.

Behind her Inuyasha finally rose up. “Damn it wench! What was that for?!” When she ignored him to continue her search, he growled and flung his hands into the air. “Keh! This is a waste of time! It's a dead end! Come on, we gotta go pick another tunnel before that bastard manages to get away with the shard.” When Kagome continued to ignore him he reached out and grabbed her shoulder, spinning her around to face him.

Kagome snapped at his manhandling. “Osuwari!” She glared at him. “No Inuyasha! This is the right way, I'm sure of it! The footprints lead here and I can sense the shard just beyond this wall. There has to be a way in.” To emphasize her point she slapped the wall. Or tried to. Kagome stumbled when instead of hitting the wall, her hand met empty air. “What?”

Inuyasha had risen just in time to see her hand pass through the seemingly solid wall. His golden eyes lit up. “An illusion!” A smirk graced his face as he cracked his knuckles in anticipation.

Kagome whirled to face him. “The youkai must have created this mirage, this illusion, to keep us from finding him. Told you I was right.”

“Keh. Let's go wench. We've got a shard to collect.”



Converting /tmp/php9HFMmG to /dev/stdout