InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ One More Obstacle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.


Title: One More Obstacle
By Land #5 Roadblock
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 281
Summary: They finally face the youkai. One more obstacle in their quest to restore the jewel.
Warnings: Language and minor violence
--------------------------

They passed through the illusionary wall easily and there it was. The youkai stood before them, no where for it to run. Inuyasha smirked as he saw that the only weapon it held was a large club. An obstacle but not much of one, not for him. He drew Tessaiga from its sheathe. “This'll be easy enough. Where's the shard?”

Kagome peered at the youkai carefully. “In it's forehead,” she replied.

“Hand over the shard and I won't hurt you,” Inuyasha called out.

The oni merely raised it's club and bellowed in response.

“Suit yourself,” Inuyasha said as he lunged forward. The oni was merely one more obstacle, one more roadblock for them to overcome on their quest.

Kagome watched worriedly as Inuyasha parried the oni's strikes with Tessaiga before attempting his own. She frowned as Tessaiga merely glanced off of the oni's thick hide.

“Damn it! His skin's too thick!” Inuyasha snarled as he leaped away from the oni, back towards where Kagome stood. He raised Tessaiga in front of him.

Kagome frowned as she took in his stance in the dim light provided by her flashlight. Her eyes widened in realization. “Inuyasha, no!” Too late.

“Kaze no Kizu!”

The attack roared forth and she heard the oni bellow in pain. After a moment she carefully opened her eyes to see that the oni was dead and the cave hadn't collapsed on top of them. She turned to face a smug looking Inuyasha as he re-sheathed his sword. “Baka!” she cried. “You could have brought the whole cave down on us!”

“Feh, quit your whining and go get the shard.”



Converting /tmp/phpHE8iia to /dev/stdout