InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Sea ❯ Set Adrift ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

--------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Sea. Originally posted July 30, 2011.
Title: Set Adrift
By Sea #5 Castaway
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 274
Warnings: Language
Summary: Kagome and Inuyasha are adrift at sea. (Castaway can mean set adrift)
----------------------------------------


“T his can't be happening,” Kagome said as she stared at her surroundings, shock setting in. The current had caught them and pulled them away from the dock and was now dragging them out to sea.

“What?” Inuyasha asked as he immediately began looking for any danger only to feel a sinking sensation as he realized how far away the shore was. How could they have traveled so far in such short time?

Beside him Kagome began searching the boat. “Nonono,” she cried as she found no oars or paddles, nothing that could be used to bring them back to land.

Inuyasha's ears flattened to his head as he picked up on her despair. “Oi, quit your whining wench,” he told her roughly. “We'll get out of this.” He was going to continue but paused when she shot him a glare that could have melted ice.

“There wouldn't be any mess to get out of if it wasn't for you! This is all your fault! If it wouldn't sink the boat I'd sit you so many times you'd need a ladder to get back up.” Kagome couldn't help but rant at him as the hopelessness of the situation set in on her.

Angry at being yelled at, Inuyasha glared right back at her. “Bitch!” he snarled, getting right in her face. “You're the one who dragged me into this boat, and the one who decided to stomp her foot, snapping the rope. The only baka I see is you!”

Kagome bit her tongue to keep from saying the word and turned her back, determined to ignore him.



Converting /tmp/php5PNFOv to /dev/stdout