InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Sea ❯ Quiet Contemplations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Sea. Originally posted July 30, 2011.
Title: Quiet Contemplations
By Sea #7 Reflections
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Introspection/Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 242
Summary: With Kagome ignoring him, Inuyasha is left to reflect on what brought them to this point.
-------------------------------------


Inuyasha sighed and contemplated how they had gotten to this point. Why couldn't things ever be simple? All he had wanted to do was see her, make sure that she was alright. And now they were trapped in a small boat, far away from land and Kagome was refusing to speak to him.

With nothing else to do he turned his mind over the day's events. Could he have prevented this mess? Shaking his head he decided 'Not really.' The only way to have prevented it would have been if he had stayed in his time. And he couldn't do that.

He frowned in thought. 'Why couldn't I have stayed away?' he wondered. Why had he felt such a need to see her? He knew she was safe in her world and would have returned the next day, so why had he felt such a strong urge to see her? Maybe if he could figure that out, he would also be able to figure out why he was never able to say the right thing to her.

Inuyasha's frown deepened as he reflected on his feelings. He cared for Kagome, wanted to protect her, even when she didn't need it. He felt that way with all of his friends, just not as intense. For Kagome, this need to protect her was even more intense than his need to protect Kikyou. At that thought his eyes shot open and everything fell into place.



Converting /tmp/phptXLFi0 to /dev/stdout