InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Sea ❯ Alone ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

--------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Sea. Originally posted July 30, 2011.
Title: Alone
By Sea #8 Desert Isle
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Introspection/Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 256
Summary: Kagome also reflects on her feelings.
----------------------------------------


Kagome stared out at the ocean, not really seeing it. Inuyasha had given up trying to get her attention and with how quiet it now was she might as well have been alone on a deserted island. Her anger had faded earlier, at least at Inuyasha. Inwardly she was berating herself.

'Why did I have to say all that? Threaten him like that? Am I really that bad a person?' she wondered. She knew that  it wasn't his fault, at least not all of it. As he had pointed out, she was the one who had tried to hide in the boat and her actions caused it to fall, not him. What right did she have to take her anger and frustrations out on him?

'He makes me so mad but that isn't any reason to treat him the way I do. Why does he even stay with me when I constantly 'sit' him?' The answer came to her immediately. 'Because he needs me to see the shards.' At that thought she felt even more alone, as if her desert isle had grown larger, further separating her from anyone else.

A tear managed to slip down her face. 'I love him and I treat him so badly. I'm a horrible person.' As more tears threatened to fall she felt strong arms gently grasp her by the shoulders and turn her around. Her eyes met a golden gaze as a clawed hand gently wiped away her tears. Staring into those eyes, she didn't feel so alone anymore.



Converting /tmp/phpBnQFFT to /dev/stdout