InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Choices ❯ Interlude 1 - Back in the Feudal Era ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Choices - By Foxfire79
 
Disclaimer: Blah blah, don't own InuYasha. Rumiko Takahashi does. Its 4.51am, do I really feel like writing a disclaimer? Not really, but here goes. I don't own any of the trademarks used in this story. If I did, I'd be a billionaire. Or an astronaut. Or both. Anything's possible.
 
Other stuff I don't own, but I'm sure I will one day!
A Corvette
An Apache Helicopter
McDonalds (the entire chain)
 
That's good enough. I think I covered everything else in my 500 other disclaimers. Hope lack of sleep isn't going to brain my damage…
 
 
Interlude 1 - Back in the Feudal Era
 
Kaede's hut:
 
Kagome tossed and turned in a fitful sleep, but she couldn't seem to wake herself up. She mumbled something unintelligible and rolled over, nearly squashing Shippo.
 
“Kagome, get off me, I can't breathe…” Shippo mumbled, unable to wake up completely himself.
 
“Lewis Carroll…” Kagome muttered, rolling off the unfortunate fox demon cub.
 
“Sure, fine, whatever…” Shippo yawned, snuggling back into her neck.
 
Sango heard the fox demon's utterances and struggled to get her bearings. It still seemed to be the middle of the night, if the moonlight filtering in through the door/curtain was anything to go by. Kaede was a slumbering mound in one corner of the hut, Kagome and Shippo seemed to have resettled, and Miroku was lying in the other corner nearest to the door.
 
“Mi… Miroku… Are you awake?” Sango yawned as she attempted to speak. The sleeping monk didn't even twitch. Normally he'd be springing to action, especially at the sound of Sango's voice. Sango attempted to sit up, but was immediately hit by a wave of dizziness. This wasn't right…
 
“Miroku… Miroku, wake up…” No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't raise her voice above a whisper. Something is definitely wrong here…She rolled onto her stomach, and crawled over to where the monk was lying. She lifted her arm to try and shake him, but was overcome with the urge to sleep once more… Sango collapsed across Miroku's chest and fell once more into a deep slumber.
 
**** **** **** **** ****
 
The Bone-eaters Well:
 
Kareru sat by the well, Kilala curled by her feet enjoying a lovely backrub from the girl. When InuYasha had leapt through into Kagome's time, time in the feudal era had slowed to a near halt. This was how the wish granters made sure that the person had enough time to explore all the options of their wish. It was also why most wishes were granted at night, while most people were asleep and wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
 
Kareru could feel the pull of sleep calling to her as well. After all, she was only a child herself. Kilala yawned, and curled herself into a tighter ball. After following InuYasha, rescuing two people from a roaring river, and taking a trip with two riders to the bone-eaters well, she was pretty worn out. She laid her chin across her twin tails, and gently fell into a deep sleep.
 
“Rest easy, Kilala. You'll be needed when InuYasha comes back. There is more for him to see, and we'll need your speed to see it all before the dawn.” Kilala purred in her sleep.
 
Kareru perched on the edge of the well. She kicked her feet. She hummed a little tune. She tried to whistle. She attempted to count the stars. It was all to no avail. Her eyelids started to droop, and she slipped to the ground beside Kilala, snuggling into the little cat demon.
 
“What could possibly go wrong if I decided to have a little sleep while InuYasha is in Kagome's time? He'll be over there for ages - I may as well just… rest my eyes… for a moment…” Kareru was soon breathing deeply and evenly. She had forgotten that she needed to be awake for InuYasha to pass back through the well to return to her.
 
**** **** **** **** ****
 
Kareru jerked awake, waking up Kilala in the process. The twin tailed cat mewed at her inquisitively, then stretched her back and each of her legs out. Kareru also stretched, then looked around herself in alarm.
 
“Oh dear.” She looked down the well. Nothing seemed out of place. She looked up at the sky. It was still night, which was to be expected. Beside the well, a cricket was trapped in mid-air, half caught in the slowed time and half not. Kareru plucked it from the air and set it on the ground. It hopped away at normal speed.
 
“Poor little thing…” Just then, she and Kilala both heard a voice float up from the well.
 
“Kareru! You'd better let me back through this time!” Kareru and the cat both looked down over the lip of the well, and saw an angry, black haired boy staring back up at them.
 
“I'm back… Now to fix this mess!” Kareru blinked down at him.
 
“So it didn't work out then?” Inuyasha clambered out of the well and glared at her.
 
“In a word, no.” Kareru clasped her hands in front of her, and looked up at him.
 
“Tell me what happened…”
 
**** **** **** **** ****
 
End of `lude 1 - its 6.15am now. Don't ask why I've been awake for 24 hours, just make sure the writing makes sense and please review.
 
Mad World 2 (Kind of Funny, Kind of Sad) will be uploaded after I get up to seven reviews - I finished writing that at about 4.15am - I was on a roll!
 
Thanks to Crimson Dawns Dragon for being my 5th reviewer!
 
I think I'm going to go to bed now - the sun's coming up!
 
Foxfire79
catherinehgreen@gmail.com