InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Code Pink ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

Note: For the purposes of this fic, Inuyasha is a full demon.

Big Thank You to Onimusha. She has got to be the nicest person in the world. I wrote the first 6 chapters in one weekend and she beta read all of them and had them back with in hours. She's the greatest and there is nothing anyone can say to change my mind.

Code Pink

Chapter 1

The bright florescent lights of the hospital ceiling flashed past at a dizzying speed. Over head several faces swam in and out of focus as the pain in her abdomen blurred her vision. A strong clawed hand clasped her own as its owner whispered endearments and encouragement in her ear. She only gave a weak reply. They flashed past a pair of swinging doors into a new hall.

"Lord Inuyasha, you have to be prepped before you go in there or there might be infection." A female voice said.

"Make is quick!" The male barked back, "I want to be with my mate."

"Yes, Lord." Kagome felt a light kiss on her cheek and the hand in her own squeeze.

"I'll be right back Kagome." The hand was gone. They pushed her past another set of doors with a bang and she was looking up into many circles of light. An elderly lady dressed in surgical gown, hat and mask propped her legs up wide.

"Ok my Lady, you're fully dilated, I need you to push."

"I can't." She protested.

"Yes you can, now push!" Kagome started to protest again when two strong hands took her own. She looked up to see twin golden eyes looked down at her between a surgical mask and cap.

"I'm right here Kagome, I'll help you. Now push and breathe." Something about him gave her the courage to push through the pain. She squeezed his hands in an effort to help push harder.

"Good my Lady. Again." The woman between her legs ordered. Kagome did as she was told even as tears leaked from her eyes. The strong hands squeezed back gently even as her nails put crescent indents into the skin.

"The head is out. Come on my Lady, one more push and it will all be over."

"I can't…" Kagome said weakly.

"Yes you can!" The man over her with the golden eyes said firmly, "I know you can. Now push! One more, for me." Kagome pushed and felt a great shifting in the lower abdomen. A moment later a piercing cry filled the room. The woman between her legs stood up as she wrapped a soft blanket around a screaming mass of slightly blue flesh covered in blood and placenta. Kagome felt like laughing as she let her body relax into the bed. Inuyasha had pulled down his mask to kiss her gently on the forehead.

"I knew you could do it." He whispered softly and gave her hands another squeeze. The woman approached them with the tiny bundle of still screaming child.

"Congratulations, it is a healthy baby girl." Inuyasha released her hands in order to take his new daughter from the doctor. He sat down on the edge of the bed next to his wife and held the child close between them. She had a peach fuzz of soft black hair and two folds of skin atop her head that would be her ears. The place where human ears should have been was smooth and soft. Her screams kept her eyes shut but when they opened as she breathed they could see gold with slit pupils.

"She's beautiful Kagome, just like you."

"She has you your ears and eyes."

"But your hair."

"And your attitude. Announcing to the world she's here."

"Feh!" He replied as he placed their daughter into Kagome's arms. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple. In Kagome's arms the screams subsided and the little girl looked up at them.

"And what shall the child's name be?" Kaede, Kagome's OB-GYN, asked as she pulled her mask down. A nurse was standing near by with a clipboard and a birth certificate.

"Takara. We'll call her Takara." Inuyasha answered as he lightly ran the pad of his finger across his daughter's cheek. He smiled when she cooed.

"That is a beautiful name. Now, Princess Takara needs to be taken to the nursery for her first check up."

"What?" Kagome's eyes flew up, "I thought you said she was healthy?"

"She is Lady, but we still need to do the routine check just to make sure. It won't take any time at all. You can rest and in a day you can all go home."

"I'll take her there myself Kagome." Inuyasha reassured. Kagome nodded after a short pause and he took the tiny girl back. Kagome watched until they disappeared from sight through the swinging doors. Kaede gently pat her hand.

"We'll take you to your room now Lady Kagome. I'm sure you will want to rest after all that excitement." Kagome nodded and then involuntarily yawned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyas ha walked down the hospital corridors with his tiny daughter in his arms. She was so small, so defenseless. He couldn't help the small smile as she wrapped her hand around his finger. She didn't even have claws yet.

A slight frown replaced the smile on his lips. She was a hanyou, half-human. He was no fool. He knew that stigma would follow her for the rest of her life. Demons would look down on her and humans would never accept her demon side. Sure no one would say it out loud, she was the princess of the land after all, but there would always be whispers. There would always be those who would try to deny her the crown for what she was. They had done that to Kagome when he chose her as his wife. Some had even attacked him, though that proved to be a costly mistake.

His jaw clenched. He would teacher her, make her understand, that she was special. No matter what any one said she was his little girl and he was, and always would be, proud of her.

He arrived at the nursery to see a young blond woman waiting expectantly next to the door. She smiled at him and held out her hands for the little girl. Reluctantly he placed his child in her arms. She smiled again and carried Takara inside. Another nurse appeared and took the surgical outfit from him. She folded it neatly over her arm.

"What is the child's name my Lord?"

"Takara." He answered. The woman beamed.

"That a beautiful name. If you'd like you can stand by the window and watch." She directed him to a large window looking into the nursery room. He nodded his thanks and walked over. Inside he could see the first nurse as she pulled a tiny pink cap onto Takara's head and a small plastic ID bracelet on her wrist. The baby yawned and rubbed her little eyes. Inuyasha found himself with his nose and palms pressed against the window as he watched his little girl go to sleep.

"Which one is she?" Inuyasha jumped at the sound of Miroku's voice. Miroku was his adviser and long time friend, he also claimed to be a monk. Miroku smiled at him as the demon lord composed himself.

"That one. Her name's Takara." He replied with pride as he pointed out his daughter. Miroku nodded.

"And the Lady Kagome? Is she well?"

"Yes, she did wonderfully. And she was fine when I left to bring Takara here." Miroku nodded again.

"It would be wise for you to be there when she wakes. These ladies can care of the child. Besides, your brother has sent word ahead that he will be arriving to meet his niece and you should be available to greet him."

"Yeah." Inuyasha agreed half-heartedly.

"Don't worry Lord. She will be fine." Inuyasha nodded.

*******************************************************

When Inuyasha reached the room Kagome had been assigned she was already asleep. The room was a private one. The walled were white and the floor tiled. A small TV was high on the wall and a large window over looked the courtyard. He pulled up a chair next to the bed and took a seat.

Kagome lay asleep under the soft white sheets. Her hairline was still damp with the sweat from the birth and her skin was still slightly flushed. One hand rested on the pillow near her head. He smiled as he gently touched her face. Her skin was so soft under his fingertips.

Inuyasha wasn't sure how long he sat there watching her sleep, it only seemed like minutes but could have been longer, when the crackling of the PA system broke his thoughts.

"We have a Code Pink!" The woman's voice sounded really upset, "I repeat we have a Code Pink!" Inuyasha snorted in annoyance, just some stupid hospital code. He gave a quick glance over at his mate to find her still peacefully asleep. He went back to watching her.

The door opened and he looked up. A young and very nervous looking doctor stood in the doorway. He shifted from one foot to the next and lightly drummed his fingers on the back of his plastic clipboard. Inuyasha raised an expectant eyebrow.

"Lord Inuyasha-sama… umm… Sir, might I… umm, have a word…please?" With an annoyed snort Inuyasha rose from his chair and followed the doctor into the hall. After the door was shut behind them the man shift from one foot to the other nervously.

"Well?" Inuyasha prompted.

"I assume, Sir, Lord, umm…I'm assuming you heard the announcement a few minutes ago."

"Yeah, Code Pike or Pika or something like that." He huffed impatiently. "What about it?"

"Code Pink Lord. And umm…" He looked at his feet again, stalling.

"Is this going to take all day? I'd like to be in the room when my Mate wakes up."

"A Code Pink means a baby abduction, Sir." The doctor said quickly, "Your daughter has been kidnapped."