InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Code Pink ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FF.net

Squeakyinuears: No, I don't mind being called Emy, it beats ED anyway. You don't mind Squeaky do you? Yeah, I know Sess is a bit OOC, but everyone else is also, so I guess it fits. For the purposes of this story Sess and Rin have yet to have kids. As for Takara… let me put it this way: I am the author and therefore all-powerful with in the boundaries of this story, and I don't like the idea of small children getting hurt. But she is away from her parents at a very young age and in the hands of someone who obviously isn't playing with a full deck.

Sarah: Hey! I'm glad you like the story. No, by my standards this story isn't that long, but I think it turned out ok.

MM.org

Lil'Inu: That is one of the best thought out guesses I've seen so far. But how will it pan out…

Applejacks: I assumed Naraku would be everyone's first guess, and as of this moment I will choose not to comment on who is responsible. You're right in the fact that Kagome will not be happy about all this.

To all my other reviewers: Thank you for reading and keep guessing, because I'm not telling and the answer is in the last chapter.

Code Pink

Chapter 4

"Did you hear?" a girl asked in a hushed whisper.

"Hear what?" her friend replied in the same almost silent tone.

"Lord Inuyasha and Lady Kagome's newborn daughter was kidnapped."

"By who?"

"They don't know, but I don't want to be in their shoes when the Lord get a hold of them. I hear he's angrier then a wasp demon."

"Yeah I bet. Can't say I blame him though." The two girls walked off down the street still chatting about the most resent event of the times. News had spread quickly through the city once the Captain of the Guard had personally shown up to shut down all exits to the city. As the girls passed an alleyway they failed to notice the one standing in it. In fact everyone on the street overlooked him. As the street cleared a pair of green eyes opened. They looked right and left quickly before their owner seemed to melt out of the wall. The nightshade brick pattern of his skin faded and a young kitsune stepped on to the street.

Shippou looked up the street and down before letting the transformation take over his body. His flowing red hair shortened and became a soft brown, emerald eyes flashed and turned a sky blue. His lean form gave way to a stockier build and his claws, ears and demon marks gave way to human looking skin. Transformation complete he headed off down the street keeping close to the wall. As he walked he took a pack cigarettes and lighter from his inside jacket pocket. He lit one and put it in his mouth. Shippou hated smoking, but it masked his scent and was readily available.

He made his way to around the corner, past a few bars and other seedy places, and across the street. The disguised demon stopped out side a club that resembled the head of a dragon, with a red carpet tongue and a door at the back to the throat. Unwanted patrons were kept at bay by the velvet rope strung between the teeth dragon's lower jaw. Shippou walked pointedly up to the bouncer. The man sneered back at him and grunted something about not wanting 'his type'. Shippou snorted and flashed the man a card printed with Inuyasha's seal and signature. He couldn't help the smirk when the bouncer turned a milky shade of white before fumbling to hurriedly let him in.

Shippou glanced around as he entered. There were billiard tables in semi-neat rows each under a dingy ceiling light. Patrons sat in booths and on stools as they nursed strong drinks. Over in the far corner he could see a fight going on as men gathered to place bets on the outcome. The large dance floor was packed to busting with patrons, several looking too into the music to notice anything beyond the people they were grinding against. A haze of smoke clouded the room. Shippou dropped his cigarette to the ground and squished it under the toe of his shoe. With out a word he moved to the back and into a booth.

Across from him sat a man, a demon more precisely, with long black hair and cold brown eyes. His hair was pulled into a braid that rested on the seat. A lightening bolt pendent hung from his neck. He gave Shippou a mere glance before tipping back his beer.

"Was wondering when you'd get here, Shippou." He muttered in a low, cold voice.

"Then you know why I'm here, Hiten." The fox shot back, just as warmly.

"Yeah, but it's ganna to cost you." Shippou made a face and pulled out his wallet. After a minute he dropped a few bills on the table. Hiten pulled them towards himself and frowned.

"This information is worth a lot. Fifty bucks ain't ganna cut it."

"I'm in a bit of a rush. It's all I got on me." Shippou growled. Hiten snorted.

"Not my problem. Come back when you have some real cash." Shippou didn't move, but instead raised a cool eyebrow.

"Really, could have sworn other wise. I mean with that cute little stunt your dumbass brother pulled a while back. The lord is nothing short of irate right now, I'm sure he could use an outlet." Shippou stood to leave when he hand clasped his wrist. He turned to see a pale Hiten staring at him.

"Please." The demon almost whimpered. Shippou made no reply but took his seat again. Hiten looked around as if someone might have seen his moment of weakness, before pulling out a pen and paper. Shippou waited as he wrote out his information. Then with a last glance around he folded the paper and slide it across to the fox demon. Shippou picked it up and opened it. After a minute he folded it up again.

"Is that everything?"

"Yes." Once assured, Shippou took out his lighter and set the paper on fire. The two demons watched it burn to ashes. No one in the room noticed.

"The lord will be grateful for your cooperation." Shippou stood a left. Hiten snorted his doubt and took to nursing his beer once again. The bouncer fumbled with the rope again as he passed. Shippou turned down the street and disappeared into a disserted alleyway. Just as he let his disguise down a dove landed on his shoulder. He glances at it to see a piece of paper tied to its leg. He pulled it off and shooed the bird away. After reading it, he burned this paper as well.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<Flashback>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Shippou." The young fox demon turned to look at the approaching demon lord.

"Yes Lord Inuyasha?" He asked with a respectful bow. Inuyasha had found him and taken him in when he was still very young. Shippou had been returning the favor ever since with his… special talent. When Inuyasha reached him, he looked around then pulled him into a disserted room. Shippou gave him a look.

"I need something that will impress a girl." He said in a low voice. Now Shippou was really looking at him.

"Isn't impressing girls Miroku's department?"

"No groping girls in Miroku's department. Finding things it yours."

"Ok, so just go down to the jewelry store and get her something shiny."

"She's not that kind of girl."

"Meaning…?"

"A show of wealth isn't going to impress her."

"Ok, what are you looking for." Shippou's demeanor turned serious.

"Something beautiful and simple, but not something you'd see just anywhere."

"Got it." Shippou nodded before blending into the room seamlessly. Inuyasha waited for the door to open and shut on it's own before he sighed.

"I hate it when he does that."

Three hours later found Inuyasha sitting in a room as his parents, brother, and Rin planned the wedding. The announcement had been made three weeks ago and ever since it had been nothing but wedding this-wedding that. As far as Inuyasha was concerned it was all a great bore. He was no good at planning weddings, but he did find some comfort in the fact that neither his brother nor his father looked delighted or were overly helpful. Rin and his mother, however, were practically giddy.

The door opened and shut of its own accord and every one looked up. Shippou made himself visible as he bowed.

"That's creepy." Inutashi muttered.

"Forgive my intrusion lords and ladies, but I wish to have a moment of Lord Inuyasha's time if I may." Inuyasha nodded and rose from his chair. He heard his father and brother both mutter something like 'lucky bastard' as he passed. Once in the hall he led Shippou to an empty side room.

"What'd you find?" Inuyasha asked nervously as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Shippou smiled slightly and wondered what kind of girl could make the usually confident demon a nervous wreck. The fox demon reached in to his pocket and pulled out his prize.

"Simple. Beautiful. And totally one of a kind." He said as he placed it in Inuyasha's hand. It was a necklace. The chain was little more then a single silk thread. On it were evenly spaced white rocks, angular, flat, and polished. In the center was a stone the size of a large marble. It was a soft rose pink and glistened in the sunlight.

"Shippou, you are amazing."

"I know." The young fox replied.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ;<<<<<<<<End Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>