InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Complexities ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
This chapter is for Mumeanha
This is to make up for the times this story will make you cry….SORRY!
We're still friends…right? Hehehe!^_^
 
 
 
Portia: Nah, I hate rape in whatever form - written, drawn or otherwise. So my stories are rape-free. Don't worry.
 
AngelsRebellion: Oh, I cried when wrote the rough-draft of some of the chapters…so if you're emotional…wahhhhhh!
 
rainydays: I look forward to your reviews, thank you for being so supportive. I'll update faster now that I've gathered my thoughts (they were scattered in all directions before today, so yeah!)
 
TrinityK: Thank you. You're right, this is a rollercoaster ride. Fasten your seatbelt.
 
Meru: Girl, Kikyo is the least of my concerns…that b*tch! Anyhow, something's brewing…I can sense it…Hahaha!
 
Page 13: Hmmm…a lot more changes….
 
elenecala: I just love how you somehow read my thoughts...but let me see…Kikyo is just a speck in the drama part….the struggles are more internal.
 
BiggestInuyashaFANever: The drama part I couldn't help…but I'm a fan of happy endings…so far…Hehehe!
 
inukaggrrl06: Chels, have you found waldo yet? Kidding. Have you read my email? Update! The cliffie is killing me.
 
Ryo-Truesdale: Thank you for reviewing. Welcome back to the fold. Hehehe!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 25: COMPLEXITIES
 
 
 
 
“Should we tell them we know?” Mr. Hirohito asked his wife as they watched Inuyasha and Kagome watching television. They had purposely invited Kagome to the manor to check if what they felt almost two weeks ago was true.
 
“No, it's cute how they thought we don't know…” Mrs. Hirohito replied watching Inuyasha playing with Kagome's hair absentmindedly as the girl lay her head on Inuyasha's chest. “Who would have thought watching television is romantic…” Mrs. Hirohito whispered.
 
“Where was Inuyasha when we lectured the boys that parents know when their children choose their life mates?” Mr. Hirohito asked his wife sighing.
 
“Tai, we both know the boys have mastered the art of pretending to listen to any of our lectures…” Mrs. Hirohito replied.
 
“And I thought I was such a brilliant father…”
 
“You are brilliant, darling…”
 
“Ah but my lectures went unnoticed…”
 
“Tell any parent about that and they'll laugh at you.” Mrs. Hirohito said.
 
“What did Kagome's mother say?” Mr. Hirohito asked.
 
“She was not so thrilled, I mean Kagome's just sixteen but she knew something was up when she woke up in the middle of the night and peeked inside her daughter's bedroom and saw Inuyasha sleeping there in Kagome's bed…”
 
“These kids, they could just have asked us and make their lives easier.” Mr. Hirohito said shaking his head. They knew all along that Inuyasha had been sneaking to Kagome's house every night to sleep there.
 
“Pull some strings and get Inuyasha a license.” Mrs. Hirohito advised.
 
“I already did, I'm accompanying him to get his picture taken next week.” Mr. Hirohito replied.
 
“Oh, our baby has grown so fast…” Mrs. Hirohito said getting misted-eyed.
 
“Ah, but my son has such fine taste…” Mr. Hirohito chuckled looking over at the pair.
 
“I know….”
 
“Here they come,” Mr. Hirohito cautioned his wife and they arranged their faces in what they assumed were innocent-enough expressions.
 
“So, how's school?” Mr. Hirohito asked and Mrs. Hirohito rolled her eyes.
 
“Don't mind your father. Kagome, Inuyasha, come sit here.” Mrs. Hirohito said tapping the wide space beside her and the teenagers complied.
 
“So,” Mrs. Hirohito started and stopped, suddenly unsure of where to start.
 
“So?” Inuyasha asked. “What is it, Mom?”
 
“Oh, how's school?” Mrs. Hirohito asked and Kagome refrained from raising her brow while Inuyasha arched his.
 
“School is school. Kagome and I are partners in most projects and laboratories so it makes them more fun…” Inuyasha replied his brow furrowing.
 
“Good.” Mrs. Hirohito said nodding at the teenagers.
 
“Okay, and you called us here to ask about that?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I was about….”
 
“Your mother and I would like to us you and Kagome about your ma—“ Mr. Hirohito stopped as Mrs. Hirohito elbowed him sharply.
 
“It's just that we miss Kagome, darling and we'd like to know how she is.”
 
“Oh,” Kagome said smiling at the Mrs. Hirohito. “I'm great, Ma'am. Thanks for asking.”
 
“Such a beautiful child…” Mrs. Hirohito said touching Kagome's hair.
 
“Mom, you're weird today.” Inuyasha remarked and Mr. Hirohito laughed.
 
“We're just excited Inuyasha.” Mr. Hirohito said looking at his son fondly.
 
“About what?” Inuyasha inquired.
 
“About you growing up…”
 
“You still are not making sense, Mother.” Inuyasha said as Mrs. Hirohito signaled the maid hovering near the door to come in.
 
“Madame, Miss Kikyo is here to see you.”
 
“She is?” Mrs. Hirohito asked looking at her husband.
 
“Let her in.” Mr. Hirohito said and Kagome suddenly felt uneasy. Inuyasha pulled her close and nuzzled her neck much to Kagome's embarrassment. She lightly slapped his hand and looked meaningfully at his face.
 
“Duh!” She whispered making him realize that they're not alone.
 
“Sorry.” He whispered back.
 
Kikyo walked in and smiled charmingly at Mr. Hirohito. She walked towards Mrs. Hirohito and kissed the woman's cheek.
 
“Kikyo, what a pleasant surprise.” Mr. Hirohito said smiling at the young girl.
 
“Uncle Tai, always so charming.” Kikyo said as she sat on the chair beside him.
 
“What brought you here, Kikyo?” Mrs. Hirohito asked pleasantly although she never really liked the girl and her efforts to toy with Inuyasha did not go unnoticed by her.
 
“I was just in the neighborhood.” Kikyo said, her gaze lingering on Inuyasha and Kagome.
 
“Is that so?” Mr. Hirohito asked.
 
“Actually, I have something very important to tell you Uncle Tai, Auntie Izza…” Kikyo said, a smile visible on her lips and Inuyasha's blood boiled. Kagome held Inuyasha's hand fast looking intently into his eyes.
 
“Are you okay?” Kagome leaned against Inuyasha as she whispered.
 
“Yes,” Inuyasha replied as he inhaled her scent. Mr. Hirohito watched the young couple's reaction, smiling at how Kagome seemed to sense Inuyasha's unease.
 
“Something important to tell us?” Mrs. Hirohito asked Kikyo bringing them all down to the present.
 
“Yes, Auntie but I would rather talk to you and Uncle alone as it's a family matter.” Kikyo replied glaring at Kagome.
 
“Well then, if it's a family affair, why are you here?” Inuyasha asked, bristling at what Kikyo implied, “Because I don't remember you being a member of this family.”
 
“Inuyasha…” Mrs. Hirohito warned but she felt proud at how Inuyasha took it as a personal offense when Kikyo slighted Kagome's presence. Kikyo felt herself blush and she quelled the urge to stomp her foot. Wait till your parents know about you and Kagome asshole!
 
“Okay if that's what you want…” Kikyo replied smiling a little and Kagome felt a throbbing in her head.
 
Damn this witch, she's going to tell on us.
 
“I had a juicy, little discovery last week…” Kikyo started and felt like laughing when Inuyasha frowned, his hands fisted on top of his lap.
 
“Okay, continue…” Mr. Hirohito said, he could feel his son's youkai straining to come out. Kagome seemed to feel it too as she gave up all pretenses and proceeded to take both Inuyasha's hand in hers….
 
“Don't, baby. Look at me…” Kagome whispered as Inuyasha's eyes flickered red.
 
“Are you okay, Inuyasha?” Mrs. Hirohito asked with concern as she heard her son's growl.
 
“Oh, someone's guilty…” Kikyo said, her eyes laughing. “Are you scared with what I'm about to tell your parents, Inuyasha?” She taunted. Big mistake. Kagome stood up and grabbed the older girl's neck lifting her off the floor completely. Her blood hummed in her ears as her aura flared.
 
“Who gave you the permission to toy with my man, Kikyo?” Kagome snarled as she watched Kikyo futilely grasping at her hand. “Pathetic!” Kagome said as she let Kikyo go, the girl landed in an awkward heap on the floor.
 
All three Hirohitos looked at Kagome with awe as Kagome looked at her bare hands. Okay, that was weird…Kagome thought. I lifted her up as if she weighed nothing. Kikyo coughed and wheezed on the floor and Mr. Hirohito stood up to help the girl to her feet.
 
“Did you see what she did to me, Uncle Tai? She's a freak!” Kikyo yelled.
 
“Enough Kikyo. You are not to insult our guest. If you have something important to tell us, now is the time.” Mrs. Hirohito interrupted.
 
“Her!” Kikyo shouted pointing a finger at Kagome, “She's mated to Inuyasha! They're mates!” Kikyo finished as she rubbed her neck.
 
“Is that all?” Mr. Hirohito calmly asked.
 
“What do you mean, is that all?! They're mated!” Kikyo yelled, shock apparent in her features, she was not expecting this kind of reaction.
 
“And?” Mrs. Hirohito asked the hysterical girl.
 
“And….” Kikyo trailed off.
 
“See, it's nothing of your business if they are.” Mrs. Hirohito replied looking at Kagome who seemed to have developed a permanent blush.
 
“But…” Kikyo tried again.
 
“Kikyo, my sons' love and sex lives does not concern anyone especially those who are not part of this family. If Inuyasha and Kagome are mated like you claimed them to be, we would know. Parents know when their children have chosen life mates…” Mr. Hirohito said and Kagome swallowed hard while Inuyasha looked grim.
 
Okay, Inuyasha. So you forgot to tell me that your parents would know…you baka! Kagome thought as she stared at her lap.
 
Oh shit, they know? Kagome's going to skin me alive… Inuyasha said as she watched Kagome stare at her lap.
 
Mr. Hirohito watched the teenager's reaction and sighed.
 
“And so far, we know that nothing of such importance happened yet.” He said and it was almost comical to see Kagome breathed a sigh of relief while Inuyasha grinned. Ah, my son is an idiot sometimes.
 
Wait, nothing of such importance?! Does he mean, I'm not Inuyasha's life mate? This is all a fluke?! Wait till I get my hand on that baka! Kagome thought playing with the hem of her skirt furiously. Inuyasha sensed the change in Kagome's demeanor. What now? He thought as he scooted nearer Kagome.
 
“Kagome…?” Inuyasha called.
 
“Later.” Kagome replied and Inuyasha swallowed. He knows just what `later' really means.
 
“What do you mean nothing of such importance happened yet? You mean to tell me they're not mated?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Why Kikyo, did you see them at it?” Mrs. Hirohito interrupted and Kikyo blushed.
 
“They…Inuyasha said…..I thought…..” Kikyo stammered.
 
“Well, you thought wrong…” Mrs. Hirohito replied sternly. She was concerned of the rumors Kikyo would stir at Midoriko High. A rumor that would probably upset Kagome.
 
“But…”
 
“Is this your important news?” Mrs. Hirohito cut in.
 
“Ummm…”
 
“Leave now, Kagome and I need to talk.” Mrs. Hirohito said and Kikyo blushed furiously.
 
“Yes, Auntie.”
 
“And Kikyo…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“I would really appreciate it if you don't start false gossips. You were the only one who actually thought that Kagome and Inuyasha are mated and if chitchats about this turn up at Midoriko High, we would assume it was you who spread it. We don't mind actually, but Kagome's family would and it would hurt her and in return, it would hurt my son. You know how much I love my sons.” Mrs. Hirohito declared, her eyes not leaving Kikyo's pale face.
 
“No, Auntie. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions…”
 
“That you did…”
 
“I have to go Auntie, Uncle Tai.”
 
“Say hello to your mother for me, Kikyo. Drive safely.” Mrs. Hirohito said smiling at the departing girl. She turned to Inuyasha and Kagome and almost laughed. They looked so grim.
 
“Inuyasha…?”
 
Here it goes…Inuyasha thought.
 
“What made Kikyo say something like that?” Mrs. Hirohito finished.
 
“Mom…” Inuyasha whined and Kagome wrinkled her nose.
 
“Did you do anything to her?” Mr. Hirohito, who had been just observer minutes ago, spoke.
 
“I turned full demon on her…” Inuyasha replied.
 
“You what?!” Mr. Hirohito asked.
 
“She was about to hurt Kagome and I turned full demon but I don't remember exactly what happened, I sort of blacked out.” Inuyasha replied looking at his parents' concerned faces.
 
“How were you able to revert it?” Mr. Hirohito inquired.
 
“Kagome called me back.” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Kagome did?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And this happened only once?” Mr. Hirohito asked and the teenagers blushed like crazy.
 
“Well, there was this one instance…” Inuyasha said, suddenly getting engrossed with their beige carpet's intricate design which he traced with his foot.
 
“What were you doing then?” Mrs. Hirohito asked looking at one red face to another.
 
“We were…” Inuyasha started and Kagome felt like crying. “We were talking…” Inuyasha finished lamely.
 
“Talking?!” Mrs. Hirohito asked.
 
“You turned full demon while talking?” Mr. Hirohito asked in puzzlement.
 
Kagome and I were talking, Dad.” Inuyasha said, his ears twitching. Mrs. Hirohito raised her brow as Mr. Hirohito caught on.
 
“Oh, you were talking.” Mrs. Hirohito said finding it hard to hide the amusement in her voice.
 
“You were making out?” Mr. Hirohito asked and Inuyasha hissed as Kagome covered her face.
 
“TAI!” Mrs. Hirohito admonished her husband.
 
Someone do me a favor and kill me now. Kagome thought as she felt the sofa shift. A second later, she felt Inuyasha pull her to her feet.
 
“We're leaving Dad, Mom. I don't know what's with the line of questioning but I don't want you embarrassing Kagome like you're doing now.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Inuyasha…don't…” Kagome whispered.
 
“We're not embarrassing Kagome, we're only asking questions. Things would have been easier if you came to us.” Mr. Hirohito sighed.
 
“I'm not embarrassed at all, Sir. Well a bit…but I'll live.” Kagome said smiling at the older man.
 
“Very well, I'm sure Inuyasha will be able to explain things to us. Kagome, feel free to visit us anytime.” Mrs. Hirohito said standing up too and grasping Kagome's hands.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome simply said.
 
“You're always welcome, dear.”
 
“We're going.” Inuyasha said after his mother kissed Kagome on the cheek.
 
“Bye Mr. Hirohito, Mrs. Hirohito.”
 
“Bye, Kagome.”
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“What's happening, Tai?” Mrs. Hirohito asked her husband after Kagome and Inuyasha left.
 
“I'm not so sure…”
 
“Inuyasha turned full demon twice and he was not aware of both incidents, he claimed to have blacked out…”
 
“I'll look into this, don't worry…”
 
“Is it because he's a hanyou?”
 
“Izza…”
 
“What's wrong with my son?”
 
“I'm sure nothing is wrong…”
 
“Don't lie to me, I can feel it when you lie…”
 
“I don't want to cause you more worries…”
 
“I'm his mother, it's my right to worry!”
 
“Very well… Inuyasha is a half demon, meaning he has human and demon auras…”
 
“Tell me something I don't know!”
 
“Darling…”
 
“I know he's hanyou, he's my son!”
 
“Inuyasha's demon blood causes the transformation, it takes over when he is threatened or when people he loves are threatened or when it simply want itself to be known.”
 
“If his demon blood is causing it, why doesn't he remember?”
 
“His demon blood is stronger, Izza and it totally takes over…”
 
“Is this a good sign?”
 
“No,”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Unlike Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha's body and mind are not built to withstand such transformation…”
 
“What do you mean unable to withstand? He's both demon and human, he should be able to take it!”
 
“Izza, inside Inuyasha are demon and human halves fighting for dominance. When the balance is unshaken, he remains a hanyou, but when his demon blood takes over, it becomes too much for his body which is half human, that explains the blackouts.”
 
“You knew about this and you didn't tell me?”
 
“I knew it would happen but not this soon…”
 
“What do you mean not this soon?”
 
“I know he'll have to face this phase, when and why, I didn't know but I was hoping it would be much later. As Inuyasha gets older and stronger, he'd able to endure the transformations.”
 
“So what happens now?”
 
“As he transforms, a human part of him dies as his youkai tries to get out and remain out.”
 
“Until he won't be able to come back to us…” Mrs. Hirohito finished, her tears flowing.
 
“Izza…”
 
“Do something!”
 
“I will talk to the council tomorrow and ask them about this.”
 
“I can't wait for tomorrow, I want you to do something now!”
 
“Izza, calm down…”
 
“How can I calm down? You're telling me that as Inuyasha transforms more and more, he becomes less and less of what he is, I'll be slowly losing my son and you're telling me to calm down!”
 
“Inuyasha's transformations are emotion-based and so far all we know is that both transformations happened with Kagome. It's possible that his youkai half recognizes Kagome as its mate and comes out to protect her.”
 
“And…”
 
“So, all we have to do is assure that Kagome remains safe for the youkai to stay hidden…”
 
“This is not making sense to me, are you saying that my son has two selves? Human and youkai?”
 
“No, he does not. To maintain the balance, he should strengthen his human and youkai form and Inuyasha has not undergone any training that's why his youkai surfaces every time to protect him. If he's strong enough then it would cease…”
 
“I want him trained tomorrow…” Mrs. Hirohito said as she stood up.
 
“Izza…”
 
 
“I don't care, Tai. I will not lose my son like that…”
 
“Very well, I'll have everything arranged.”
 
“Thank you.” Said Mrs. Hirohito as she left the room.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
Hmmm….Tell me what you think. I'm setting the stage for the drama.