InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Heart's Song... ( Chapter 48 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
I was under the influence of Card Captor Sakura's sleep card when I typed this chapter so please call my attention for any mistakes…plot and characters' indecisiveness not included. Hehehe!
 
 
Thank you for those who read and left reviews…you just brighten my day effortlessly…
 
 
And oh, welcome back, Portia!
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 48:HEART'S SONG
 
 
 
 
“Oh, crap that was nasty…” Kagome complained pinching the bridge of her nose as her head throbbed painfully.
 
“Remind me that Jose Cuervo is not our friend….” Sango moaned referring to the bottle of tequila they downed last night. They felt bored and decided to get drunk though at first Kagome pointed out that it's a school day but her debating powers were vanquished by Sango who pointed out that their two-timing men never cared if it's a school day, holiday or a weekend to two-time them. So their tryst with a 1000-ml bottle they aptly called Jose Cuervo started which had Sango singing until the occupants from the apartment across theirs knocked telling them rudely to keep the noise down, which in turn made Kagome snap at them sighting laws and sections in the Japanese Constitution which had the three men backing away in haste.
 
“What time is it?” Kagome croaked hating the dryness in her throat.
 
“Eight in the morning…” Sango replied and they both looked at each other in alarm, they both have classes at eight thirty that day - Kagome's was Legal Management and Sango's was Social Science and Society.
 
“CRAP!” Kagome yelled as she hastily sat up bumping her head against Sango's who made the same move.
 
“Ouch!” Sango said rubbing her head as Kagome ran towards the bathroom cursing softly. She yelped when cold water assaulted her senses but continued wanting desperately to shake her headache away. She was done bathing in five minutes flat and was running out of Sango's apartment, with Sango behind her, ten minutes after.
 
“I don't want to die yet!!!!” Sango yelled as Kagome swerved and maneuvered the car in full speed.
 
“Me too!” Kagome yelled back, her wet hair whipping around her.
 
“So quit driving like you're flirting with the angel of death!!!” Sango said and sighed with relief when they parked with a screech at Tokyo University's student parking lot.
 
“Fuck, I'm going to be late!” Kagome cursed colorfully as she grabbed her bag at ran forgetting about Sango and her car.
 
“Hello! Should I wait here and watch your car until your classes are finished?” Sango yelled and Kagome turned around.
 
“Sorry sorry…” She muttered as she pushed the button to put the hood up and locked the car.
 
“It's okay, we still have four minutes…” Sango said running a hand through her hair.
 
“You're right but still…
 
“Bye friend!” Sango interrupted kissing Kagome's cheek and they both ran towards their classrooms.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha drummed his claws against his desk as he waited for his lecture to finish. He and Miroku agreed that they shouldn't get too drunk because they both have classes the following day. He glanced at his wrist watch impatiently.
 
“Hirohito!”
 
“Sir.” Inuyasha replied standing up.
 
“You will represent our section in the upcoming chemistry quiz.” His adviser said.
 
“Okay.” Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders and the professor smiled. Shit, end this class already, I have someone very important to yell at…He thought thinking about Kagome.
 
My bitch is jealous. He smiled softly thinking about how Kagome punched Kikyo's face. And she's so beautiful when she's angry. Inuyasha flipped the back of his notebook and started to sketch Kagome's face painfully detailing every planes of her face.
 
Did you eat breakfast today, hon? I miss you. He sighed remembering how Kagome often skip breakfast every Wednesday because of her early class.
 
“Who's that?” His seat mate asked.
 
“My wife.” He replied not looking at the nosy guy.
 
“What? I'm going to be your wife I might as well practice being a hostess and a hostess always has the manners to invite people into her home no matter how disgusting they are…”
 
My wife who punched an old crush's face and ran off to sleep over her friend's house. Inuyasha thought grimly.
 
“She's a beauty…” His seatmate said again and Inuyasha quelled the urge to break the man's neck.
 
“I know and I'm an extremely jealous demon so quit staring.” He said and smirked when the nosy guy leaned away from him. Only I have the right to stare at her.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
“Higurashi!” Kagome nearly moaned when her professor, Mr. Toro Kagaku, called her name.
 
“Sir.” She said standing up holding on to the back of her chair.
 
“Are you ill?” Their teacher, who also happened to be their debating coach, asked with concern.
 
“No sir.” Kagome replied feeling queasier that she's standing up.
 
“Good, we need your witticism, charm and chutzpah for a debate with Tokyo Institute this Friday.” The professor said and Kagome frowned.
 
This Friday, Sir?” Kagome asked. Friday? That's two days from now! What the hell?
 
“Mr. Ryuki Tadaka, Tokyo Institute's debating coach, an old ….classmate…of mine issued the challenge last night.” Mr. Kagaku said with a shake of his head. “He actually thought The Tokyo University debating team would not accept the challenge! How preposterous!” He said slamming his hand on top of the table to stress his point.
 
“Okay.” Kagome said as she desperately felt like sitting down, the classroom slowly spinning before her eyes.
 
“So, I want my Best Debater to be in her best form, understood?” Mr. Kagaku fondly told Kagome and she nodded numbly.
 
I'm going to die She thought grimly as she started to sweat even though their classroom was air conditioned. She tried to write down notes and gave up the attempt when her sign pen's felt tip broke because her fingers trembled badly.
 
“Are you okay?” Eri asked as their class was dismissed.
 
“Yes,” Kagome said trying to smile at the other girl.
 
“You looked pale…” Yuka added holding Kagome's arm.
 
“And your hands are cold and clammy…” Ayumi said squeezing Kagome's hands.
 
“I'm okay, don't ---“Kagome had started walking and stopped, her lids falling heavily against her eyes…
 
“KAGOME!!” She heard her friends' scream her name and she was felt herself being hoisted into someone's hard chest. Oh, definitely a man. She thought as she tried to tell her friends that she's okay but was suddenly lifted off the floor.
 
I should open my eyes. She thought uncomfortably not liking how the man was intimately grazing her thighs as he carried her bridal style. Inuyasha is going to kill you. She thought and snorted weakly. Who gives a damn what he thinks? I do, damn him. She jerked when the man carrying her pressed his lips against her temple. Okay, buddy…you're taking advantage.
 
“Where are you taking me?” She whispered as she made an attempt to open her lids and closed them again when they felt too heavy.
 
No answer.
 
“I hope you're smart enough not to take advantage of me because I'm so going to kick your ass…” She added and panic started to grip her heart when the man opted not to reply again.
 
“Besides my boyfriend is going to kill you, he's rather jealous…he's half demon you know…” Kagome mumbled. He's half dog demon would cute fuzzy ears…
 
“I hope you're referring to me or else I'd really be jealous…” Kagome's eyes snapped open when she heard Inuyasha's voice.
 
“No, it's not you so quit assuming.” Kagome retorted as Inuyasha gently put her on her feet, with an arm around her waist, he opened the passenger door of his car.
 
“Ah, still feisty…”
 
“And I'm not talking to you!” Kagome said immaturely.
 
“Okay,”
 
“I have a car…” Kagome stated blandly as Inuyasha pushed her carefully inside.
 
“We'll come back for it later.” He said as he strapped her seatbelt on.
 
“I still have one more class…” Kagome protested weakly leaning against the soft, leather seat and closing her eyes again when nausea swept over her.
 
“I'll talk to your professor tomorrow and ask Eri's notes for today's lecture.” He replied quietly as he maneuvered the car out of the parking lot. He glanced worriedly at her noticing how pale she looked.
 
“Let's buy something to drink, I'm thirsty…” Kagome said turning to look at Inuyasha.
 
“Okay.”
 
“I think I'm going to die…” Kagome moaned.
 
“I'm here, I won't let you…” Inuyasha said reaching for her hand. “That's just one nasty hangover.” Inuyasha said and Kagome laughed.
 
“How did you know?”
 
“I could smell it, Kagome.”
 
“That's gross…” Kagome said wrinkling her nose. “Wait, you mean I stink of liquor all this time?” She asked.
 
“No, just demon sense…”
 
“Oh,”
 
“Sleep, I'll wake you up when we're home…”
 
“Okay...thanks…” Kagome said and Inuyasha squeezed her hand. I'll take care of you, don't worry. He thought and smiled gently when he felt her squeeze his hand back.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Hon…we're here…” Inuyasha whispered in Kagome's ear and she opened her eyes sleepily.
 
“Five minutes.” She mumbled closing her eyes again and Inuyasha laughed.
 
“Kagome, you're in my car, not in my bed.”
 
“So noisy in the morning.” Kagome said covering her mouth to yawn. “I'm in your car.” She stated blandly looking around her.
 
“You noticed?” Inuyasha grinned taking her hand to help her out.
 
“Thanks.” Kagome said walking ahead on him.
 
“Wait up!” Inuyasha called running to keep pace with Kagome.
 
“I don't have all morning Hirohito so hurry.” Kagome said not stopping until Inuyasha tugged at her hand. “What?” She asked arching her brow when he crouched low.
 
“Hop on…” Inuyasha said offering his back to her.
 
“I'm too old for a piggy back ride…”
 
“You didn't think so when you got drunk before.” Inuyasha quipped and Kagome looked around the almost abandoned parking lot.
 
“Everyone's attending their classes, Kagome don't worry.” Inuyasha said and Kagome moved behind him to wrap her arms around his neck.
 
“This is uncomfortable.” Kagome said after a few seconds.
 
“Put your legs higher or wrap them around my waist.”
 
“What?!”
 
“Kagome…we've been in that position before…” And you were even naked. Inuyasha sighed as he felt her follow his instructions. He gripped her thighs and carried her to the elevators.
 
“I think `m going to throw up…” Kagome stated.
 
“I don't mind…”
 
“Put me down…”
 
“No,”
 
“I can't hold it, I really am about to throw up.”
 
“And I don't mind being covered in your puke.
 
“Will stop talking about it? I'm queasy as it is!” Kagome complained and sighed when they reached their floor. Inuyasha opened their dorm room quickly without letting go of Kagome. He shouldered his bedroom open and laid her on his bed. Without missing a beat, he took her boots off, her sweater came next and Kagome opened her eyes glaring at him.
 
“Are you stripping me naked?”
 
“No but I admit the idea is rather tempting now that you've mentioned it.”
 
“I'd like to sleep in my own bed,” Kagome said sitting up.
 
“Fine.” Inuyasha replied as he carried her towards her bedroom and gently laid her on her bed.
 
“Thanks.” Kagome said unclipping her hair as she turned on her side. She felt the bed shift and assumed that Inuyasha stood up to leave. She was shocked however when an arm and a leg draped over her.
 
“Er…”
 
“Let me sleep here with you…”
 
“Why?”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Because you have your own bed?
 
“I like your bed better…” Inuyasha said kissing her head.
 
“Wanna swap?” Kagome asked sarcastically.
 
“I like it better because you're in it…” He whispered and Kagome's heart skipped a beat. Darn, he's doing it again…
 
“I want to take a bath…” Kagome said turning as she lay on her back.
 
“Why?”
 
“I feel hot…”
 
“I can help…” Inuyasha said and Kagome pinched his nose.
 
“You perverted hanyou!”
 
“What? I was talking about preparing you a cold drink…” Inuyasha said laughing. “I didn't know you're green-minded, Kagome.” He teased and Kagome blushed as she turned on her side, giving him her back.
 
“Whatever.”
 
“Do you want me to help you…?” Inuyasha teased again.
 
“Fine,” Kagome said vowing not to fall for his double-meaning innuendos again.
 
“You have to face me…” Inuyasha whispered in her ear and she shifted again to face him.
 
“Now what?” Kagome asked and her eyes widened when Inuyasha slowly tugged at the buttons of her blouse.
 
“I thought you were…going to prepare me a drink!” She said accusingly as she felt creep from her stomach to her chest.
 
“I changed my mind…”
 
“I still want to take a bath…” Kagome stated breathlessly.
 
“Later…”
 
“No, I want to take a bath now.” She said as she tried to sit up but Inuyasha was faster and he moved on top of her pinning her underneath him.
 
“Inuyasha, stop…please…”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because…”
 
“For a debater you're rather vague…” He teased as he nipped at her throat gently.
 
“Remind to train debating with someone nipping my neck…”
 
“I could be your partner…”
 
“Please stop…”
 
“I can't…”
 
“You can…”
 
“But I'd rather not to…”
 
“Stop!” Kagome said pushing him off her. “You can't just fuck me senseless every time you do something wrong!”
 
“You call what we do fucking? Try rutting, I would be more impressed!” Inuyasha yelled back, getting off her and sitting at the edge of her bed.
 
“What is this then, tell me…because we've bee going around in circles for a long time I'm getting dizzy!”
 
“You're the one who's going around in circles, Kagome. It was always you, no one else.”
 
“Sure…” Kagome said standing up.
 
“Yes I met Kikyo last Sunday when I bought you the rose, we had coffee, and she told me it was for old time's sake, nothing happened!” Inuyasha said as he pleadingly looked at her.
 
“I'll take my bath now…” Kagome said her hand on the door knob.
 
“If our places were reversed I would have taken your word against anybody's, I would have believed you…no questions asked. Why can't you do the same, Kagome?” Kagome sighed as she listened to him; she carefully turned the door knob and headed to the bathroom.
 
She leaned her head against bathroom's white, tiled walls, her head spinning at the turn of events. It's obvious that Inuyasha wants her but something inside her despised it. She hated the idea that their relationship now is based on pure lust. But is it? I fell in love with him even before I remembered us being mates, is it possible that he loves me now?
 
She sighed again, her shoulders drooping as tilted her face up against the soft sprinkle of water. She heard her mother's voice in her head…
 
 
“Life is not as complex as you see it Kagome, if staying with him hurts then leave if leaving hurts more then stay, it's that simple. You have to realize now what you want and work around it, never mind what he wants because it the end it will you who'll face the music of the tune you chose.”
 
 
“Mama is right; it's now time to face the music and dance.” She said aloud as she rinsed her hair.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha lay on his bed closing his eyes as he listened to Kagome's movements. He inhaled deeply and almost groaned as the sweet scent of jasmine and roses drifted to his nose.
 
Trust me, Kagome. That's all I ask. He thought sighing with defeat as he imagined her getting dressed readying for her nap. He took his clothes off and changed into a pair of boxer shorts and white, cotton shirt. Yawning, he fell back into his bed and promptly fell asleep…
 
 
He was walking quietly down an abandoned park, his heart aching over something he does not remember. He clenched his fist to take control of his heartbreak and loosened his grip when he felt something break in his hand. He was holding a single red rose. He felt his eyes burn with unshed tears at the sight of the rose but he held himself.
 
He was about to turn on his heel to leave when the air brought the scent of someone awfully familiar…
 
“Someone's here?” He thought as he tried another sniff. “Someone is here, someone I know.” He closed his eyes as he hungrily drunk from the familiar warmth that enveloped him.
 
“I know her, who is she…? He thought as he let his feelings guide him towards the source. He quickened his pace knowing that something wonderful is waiting for him and then he heard her voice…she was singing…
 
He moved closer and that's when he saw her, she was by the swing, eyes closed and singing. His heartbeat stopped at the sight of her bathed in the moonlight. He stepped on a twig and she immediately stopped.
 
“Who's there?” She called and he felt like his feet were not his own as they carried him close…closer to her.
 
“Don't come near…” She said and he could smell the nervousness around her but still he walked towards her, his heart racing…he was unable to stop.
 
He watched in amazement as a pink glow surrounded her and for a minute he was scared but he continued to move forward, he had to see her. He bravely stepped inside the pink glow and felt its comforting warmth enveloping him.
 
“Inuyasha?” She asked and his heart jumped to his throat as his name sounded from her lips.
 
“Sing for me…” He said and he stepped nearer to look at her face and was disappointed because the trees threw shadows in his path, shielding her from his sight.
 
“Huh?” She seemed taken aback with his request.
 
“Please…” He pleaded as he sat on the swing beside hers. Her head moved to glance at him and he heard her sigh softlyHe listened as she sang and he felt his spirit lift at the sound of her voice…
 
 
Inuyasha turned to lie on his back and slowly opened his eyes. Weird dream… He thought as he got up to fix himself something to eat but the song played over and over in his head…
 
 
Let me sleep
For when I sleep
I dream that you are here
You're mine
And all my fears are left behind
I float on air
The nightingale sings gentle lullabies
So let me close my eyes…
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
R E V I E W
 
Wait for the next chapter entitled… Wait Forever