InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Wait Forever ( Chapter 49 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Thanks to those who reviewed.You guys give me great inspiration. I hope you'll love this chapter as much as I do…
Meanha,my Dad says Thanks for the card and my Mom says thank you for being my friend…
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 49: WAIT FOREVER
 
 
 
 
The Tokyo Debating Team watched as Tokyo Institute's Debaters' Circle marched inside the auditorium. Kagome clapped her hands to welcome the guests who were in matching black suits.
 
“Wow, they even brought their band with them…” Akemi, a third year pre-law student, whispered in Kagome's ear.
 
“Yes, what an entrance…” Kagome agreed and her eyebrow arched when she saw Kikyo, bearing pompoms and with a slightly-swollen face, in the crowd. Damn, I did that to her, now I'm going to feel guilty…Kagome thought.
 
“Don't mind that bitch, she deserves it.” She heard Sango's voice from the seat behind her and she turned around to give her friend a hug.
 
“How did you know I was thinking abut her?” Kagome asked.
 
“Kags, I know you like the back of my hand and I know that ugly bitch over there came by to specifically ruin you…” Sango replied.
 
“Thanks friend, by the way, where's Miroku?” Kagome asked, she had known the two patched things up yesterday and she was truly happy.
 
“Somewhere with Inuyasha to give him moral support…”
 
“Moral support?”
 
“He's our year level's representative to the Chemistry Quiz Bee this afternoon.”
 
“He is? Why didn't he tell me?”
 
“Because you two were not exactly talking to each other?”
 
“I waited for him last night but I guess he came home late and I fell asleep…he left early today.” Kagome explained.
 
“Don't let him go, Kags…he deserves a second chance.”
 
“Sango, he's the one not talking to me…”
 
“You know how guys are, when you tell them you want space, they give it to you…they're such idiots most of the time, they don't know how to read between the lines…” Sango said rolling her eyes heavenwards.
 
“I don't know…may be he gave up?”
 
“And you're just going to let him?”
 
“Since when did you become Inuyasha's fan?” Kagome teased.
 
“I'm not kidding, girl…”
 
“We'll talk later, I think we're about to start…” Kagome said as the sound system echoed.
 
“Okay, good luck.” Sango said giving her friend a quick peck on the cheek.
 
“Thanks.”
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Inuyasha watched as Kagome went up the stage amidst a thunderous clap after her name was called. He had known about her debate from Miroku and decided to watch…from afar. He had tried to stay away from her thinking that's what she wanted and he contented himself with sneaking into her room in the middle of the night lying next to her just to hold her.
 
“She's going to melt if you stare harder…” Inuyasha turned his head to grin at Miroku.
 
“I'm not staring…” He said.
 
“And I'm not married.” Miroku retorted.
 
“She's pushing me away.”
 
“She's not, in fact I know that she's waiting for you to come to her.”
 
“I'm right before her but she doesn't seem to see me.”
 
“She sees you alright, Inuyasha…”
 
“Then how come…”
 
“Kikyo is a sore spot for Kagome.”
 
“I know, it's like they know each other….”
 
“They do…” Miroku stated and something about his voice made Inuyasha turn to stare at him.
 
“Is there something you're not telling me, Miroku?
 
“No,” Because you have to know about it on your own…
 
“I don't know what to do with her…”
 
“She doesn't know what to do with you too…”
 
“What?!”
 
“Inuyasha, if you're confused, Kagome is too. She's not a love and romances major, you know so this thing between you two is also of new to her besides you're not helping by seeing that Kikyo who's now busy making faces at Kagome.” Miroku said and Inuyasha craned his neck and saw that Kikyo was indeed making faces.
 
“What the hell did I see in her?” He asked as he watched the older girl whispering to the girl beside her pointing rudely at Kagome.
 
“Don't ask me, I may be a lecher but I won't fall for that kind of cheap trash.” Miroku said.
 
“Don't rub it in.” Inuyasha said and he trained his gaze on Kagome who stated her case totally ignoring Kikyo.
 
“If Sango were in Kagome's place now making that speech, she would have scalped that girl for making faces at her.” Miroku said shaking his head.
 
“Well, let's pray that for Kikyo's sake, Sango didn't see her.”
 
“She did, look…” Miroku said as Sango calmly walked towards one of the teachers and pointed at Kikyo and her companions. Inuyasha and Miroku watched as Kikyo's group was apprehended and thrown out of the small auditorium while Kagome was summing up her speech.
 
“Your wife plays dirty…” Inuyasha grinned watching Sango moved back to her seat.
 
“She does and she makes up dirty too…” Miroku replied smirking.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome saw what Sango did and she mouthed the words `Thank You' when their eyes met. Sango just grinned and shrugged. Kagome was pissed but she'd rather strip naked in front of everyone than give Kikyo the satisfaction of seeing her riled.
 
“Good argument.” Akio, Kagome's teammate whispered as soon as she sat down.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said smiling.
 
The debate lasted for more than an hour and Kagome had to admit the Tokyo Institute debaters were good too, although as Akio pointed out, not as good as them and proved his point when their team won with Kagome bagging the Best Speaker award this time.
 
“Congratulations!” Someone called from behind and Kagome turned around and came face to face with Kouga.
 
“Kouga! Why, thank you.” Kagome replied graciously as she shook Kouga's extended hand.
 
“I know you were good but not this good.” Kouga said and Kagome forced a smile as she tried to extract her hand from Kouga's tight grip.
 
“Thanks…” Kagome said. “But I need my hand back, your grip is cutting its blood circulation…” She said as she jerked her hand away.
 
“Always so witty…” Kouga said not getting the hint.
 
And you're always so slow. Kagome thought as she tried to look around for Sango.
 
“Girl! You were great!” Kagome sighed when she heard Sango's high-pitch squeal.
 
“Thank you! Where have you been? I almost turned the place upside down for you!” Kagome teased and the girls laughed jovially.
 
“Saw some good-looking guys, I had to take a closer look.” Sango replied grinning naughtily.
 
“No wonder Miroku is always on the lookout, you're quite restless for a wife.” Kagome said totally forgetting about Kouga.
 
“Erm…” Kouga cleared his throat.
 
“Oh, hi.” Sango said, her gaze lingering over Kouga.
 
“Hi, Sango.”
 
“Didn't know you made it to Tokyo University too.” Sango said as she shook Kouga's hand.
 
“I was surprised too.” Kouga replied good-naturedly.
 
“Well, it's good to see old classmates. Anyhow, we have to go…” Sango said taking Kagome's hand.
 
“I was thinking of inviting you two out for coffee or…” Kouga said as he tried to catch Kagome's eye.
 
“We can't, we have dates…” Sango replied smiling as she started to walk away with Kagome in tow.
 
“See you around, Kouga.” Kagome said happily waving at stupefied man.
 
“I…Wait!” Kouga said and Sango rolled her eyes before stopping.
 
“Can I get your cell phone number, Kagome?” Kouga asked and Kagome frowned, not exactly excited with the idea.
 
“Oh, that's too bad because Kagome lost her cell phone yesterday, didn't you, Kags?” Sango turned to face Kagome.
 
“Yes, I did. In fact I'm beyond everyone's reach temporarily…” Kagome said and tried to look sad.
 
“Oh,” Kouga said staring from one woman to another. His perusal of Kagome's face however was interrupted when a shrill ring issued from inside of Kagome's bag. Kagome's eyes widened momentarily and Sango, smooth as usual merely shrugged.
 
“Don't mind taking my cell phone out of your bag, Kagome, that's only my husband, he can't stand being away from me for even a moment.” Sango said squeezing Kagome's hand.
 
“Okay,” Kagome grinned and turned to Kouga. “We really have to go, Miroku is already calling Sango's cell phone and we're to meet him for a quick snack.” Kagome smiled apologetically as she pulled Sango with her.
 
“Can I visit you at the dorm some time?” Kouga called again.
 
“Not likely, I'm rather busy so I'm rarely home.” Kagome replied without turning to look at Kouga. She raised her hand and waved as she and Sango continued to walk.
 
“Talk about dense…” Sango whispered as soon as they were out of Kouga's demon hearing range.
 
“That guy is dense personified…” Kagome whispered back nodding in agreement.
 
“We should hurry and eat as fast we could as Inuyasha's chemistry quiz starts at five this afternoon.” Sango said looking at her watch that says four thirty P.M.
 
“I'm still a little pissed that he didn't tell me about it.”
 
“Come on, stop being pissed already, you didn't tell him about today's debate but still he came….”
 
“He did?”
 
“Gods, you're such a baka. Are you sure you're a pre-law student?” Sango teased and Kagome laughed.
 
“I didn't exactly scan the crowd for a sign of him when I gave my speech you know…” Kagome replied defensively.
 
“You're being too harsh on him…”
 
“I'm not, Sango.”
 
“You're practically letting the guy run around in circles…”
 
“I'm not!”
 
“You are, Kagome. Look, girl, we both know you love this guy, what's with the I'll-let-you-go-and-I hope-you're-happy-with-her act? That's so not you!”
 
“It's not an act, I want him to decide.”
 
“And you're not helping him decide by being difficult.” Sango replied as she pushed open the cafeteria door.
 
“I'm not being difficult.”
 
“Do you want him?”
 
“Of course…” Kagome replied as they both got themselves lunch trays from the rack.
 
“Kagome, Congratulations!” Someone called and Kagome turned and smiled.
 
“Thanks.” She said before choosing baked macaroni from the food racks.
 
“If you want him then don't let him go…” Sango continued as if they weren't interrupted.
 
“I'm not letting him go…” Kagome replied.
 
“Good, because that would be a stupid thing to do…”
 
“What caused this change of heart? Two days ago, you were singing at the top of your lungs about hunting two-timing men down and shooting them dead…” Kagome kidded.
 
“Miroku was rather persuasive…”
 
“I'm not going to ask what kind of persuasion he used on you but I have an idea that it had nothing to do with talking…”
 
“Smart girl…” Sango replied grinning roguishly and Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Really, you're the horniest couple I know…” Kagome said.
 
“Horniest?! How blasphemous coming from a goody two-shoes like you!” Sango said as she acted scandalized.
 
“You should take up Theatre Arts you know, you'd be a big hit…”
 
“You think so…I should start managing my fans this early.” Sango said as they scanned the cafeteria for a vacant table.
 
“Sango, Kagome!” Eri called and both girls walked towards where Eri, Yuka and Ayumi sat.
 
“Wow… we have a friend who's a celebrity…” Yuka teased as students, mostly men, come to their table to congratulate Kagome.
 
“I should start framing our pictures and having those little post-its you're so fond of leaving just in case…” Eri seconded.
 
“So, how does it feel to be this popular?” Ayumi asked and laughed when Kagome wrinkled her nose.
 
“Stop, you're making our friend blush…” Sango joined in the teasing and Kagome glared at the giggling girls.
 
“Kagome, can I ask you out for coffee tonight?” A boy, about Kagome's age asked which had Eri, Yuka Ayumi and Sango giggling some more.
 
“Ummm…” Kagome said looking at the boy stupidly.
 
“It's Hachiro by the way…” The boy announced airily and the four other girls in Kagome's table burst out laughing.
 
“What's so funny?” Hachiro asked Sango who was nearest him.
 
“You have not introduced yourself and you're already asking our friend for a date? Come on from what planet are you planet of the dumb?” Sango replied and the other girls laughed harder.
 
“I'm not asking you.” Hachiro said harshly and Eri, Yuka Ayumi and Sango stopped laughing for a while as they looked at each other and started laughing again soon.
 
“Stupid girls…” Hachiro said before turning around to leave.
 
“You girls are crazy…” Kagome said smiling at her friends.
 
“We just saved you from what we deemed was a horrible date…” Sango replied acting hurt.
 
“And this is what we get…” Eri said sighing sadly.
 
“I'm hurt.” Yuka added, her face twisting in fake agony.
 
“What an ungrateful friend you are!” Ayumi said and all four girls began sobbing as Kagome looked at them with alarm.
 
“Hey…” She said and stopped when she spotted Sango's grin. “I'm so going to kill all of you!” She said as she stood up with arms akimbo.
 
“Ah ah, wait…Sango said holding her hand up as she answered her cell phone. “Yes darling…it's about to start…okay…we'll hurry…” Sango said and snapped her phone close. “We have fifteen minutes,” Sango told Kagome meaningfully who suddenly felt queasy.
 
“Okay, let's go.” She said standing up.
 
“Where are you going?” Eri asked both girls eyeing the untouched food on their trays.
 
“Love calls!” Sango replied waving at them.
 
“We'll let you go if it's for love!” Yuka replied waving at the girls' retreating back.
 
“Let's meet at Stone Free tonight…it's acoustic night! Ayumi yelled and Sango turned around to nod.
 
“See you there!” Kagome yelled back as she and Sango ran.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Miroku watched as Inuyasha talked to his coach. There were five contestants from five different levels and Miroku smiled seeing that Inuyasha wasn't fazed at all while the other competitors were busy leafing through books. Kikyo had wished Inuyasha good luck earlier batting her eyelashes flirtatiously and Miroku controlled the urge to ask the older girl if there was something in her eye.
 
I'm just glad Kagome or Sango didn't see that or she'd lose her eye for good. Miroku thought looking at his watch.
 
“Excuse me handsome, is this seat taken…?” Sango asked and Miroku grinned.
 
“These seats are supposedly for my wife and our friend but you can have them.” He replied and Sango bopped him on the head playfully.
 
“Lecher…” She fondly whispered in his ear.
 
“Quit it, you two.” Kagome said getting nervous looking at the podium with uniform desks and seats.
 
“You look pale, we should have brought our food with us.” Sango observed as Kagome tried to bite her lip to give it more color.
 
“I'm okay,” She replied but in truth she was nervous - nervous for Inuyasha. This is weird, I don't get nervous before any debate and now I am because he's in a contest. She thought as she watched him. As if sensing her, Inuyasha turned his head in her direction and smiled. She smiled back giving him the thumbs up sign.
 
“They're so sweet…” Sango cooed gripping Miroku's arm.
 
“You're so in love with them.” Miroku replied.
 
“No, I'm in love with you…” Sango kissed her husband on the cheek who grinned widely at what she said.
 
“I'm in love with you too…” Miroku whispered and Kagome cleared her throat.
 
“What?” Sango asked.
 
“You guys are so corny.” Kagome replied as she watched Inuyasha make his way towards them.
 
“You came.” He said.
 
“Yes,”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“No problem.” Kagome replied as Miroku and Sango watch the exchange with rapt attention. Inuyasha noticed this too and he turned to face them.
 
“Go on, go on…don't mind us…” Sango said grinning.
 
“We have the best seats, we should have brought popcorn along…” Miroku teased acting as if they were watching a movie with Inuyasha and Kagome as the leads. Inuyasha rolled his eyes before he turned his attention back to Kagome.
 
“I have to go…” He told her.
 
“Okay, break a leg…” Kagome replied and she turned to face her two friends with a frown. “You people are so immature!” She hissed and stopped and when she was hauled abruptly off her chair. A squeak barely made it out of her mouth before Inuyasha's lips touched hers for a deep kiss.
 
“For good luck…” He whispered tucking a stray hair behind her ear before tweaking her nose leaving her standing there gaping at him.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Sango was still squealing long after the kiss and the contest was finished. She was jumping excitedly up and down raving about how romantic Inuyasha was and how Kagome's gaping mouth could have caught flies.
 
“It was like from a romantic movie, the lead actor turned to walk away and changed his mind then walked back to give his lady love a soul-shattering kiss!!” Sango cried, her face flushed with utter excitement.
 
“And you, you were gaping like an idiot!” Sango added.
 
“Thanks for the vote of confidence.” Kagome said.
 
“Did you see the look on Kikyo's face…it was priceless…” Sango sighed melodramatically as she clutched both her hands to her chest.
 
“Miroku, you should enroll your wife in a drama school and make money out of her acting capabilities.” Kagome remarked as they reached the parking lot.
 
“Oh come on girl, don't tell me you weren't touched by that kiss?”
 
“Whatever…” Kagome replied, she could already feel heat creep to her face.
 
“Why can't Inuyasha come with us to Stone Free?” Sango asked her husband with a pout.
 
“He has to talk to his coach for their preparation for the upcoming inter-university quiz.” Miroku replied.
 
“The seniors were shocked when he won…” Sango said and Kagome couldn't help but feel proud of his victory.
 
“Yeah, they were…” She replied. “Where are you guys parked?” She asked the young couple.
 
“Lot G…”
 
“Okay, I'm in lot D…”
 
“Meet us at Lot G then and we go to Stone Free together…” Sango suggested and Kagome agreed.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Stone Free was specially crowded and Kagome, Miroku and Sango were glad to find seats not too far from the stage. She messaged Eri, Yuka and Ayumi while Sango asked the waiter for an extra table and four more seats.
 
“Where are they?” Sango asked and Kagome opened her cell phone when she felt it vibrate.
 
“They're on their way.” She replied reading Yuka's reply.
 
“Don't look but the bitchy freakyzoid is two tables behind you…” Sango said and Kagome took her compact powder out and scanned the area behind her through the small mirror.
 
“Small world.” She said closing the compact powder after she saw Kikyo laughing with a group of friends.
 
“Is she following you?” Sango asked.
 
“Who knows she might be in love with me and not with Inuyasha all along.” Kagome joked and they all laughed.
 
“Your charm is out of this world, Kagome.” Miroku teased.
 
“Yes, it is…great…there's Kouga.” Sango said frowning a little as the wolf demon made his way towards their table.
 
“Hi, Kagome!” He greeted enthusiastically.
 
“Hello…” Kagome greeted back.
 
“We only need Hojo and yours and Inuyasha's love pentagon is complete.” Sango smirked as soon as Kouga left.
 
“I'm hungry, let's order already.” Kagome said as she scanned the menu. Twenty minutes later Eri, Yuka and Ayumi arrived raving about the cute bartender they saw earlier.
 
“Boyfriend material definitely!” Yuka shrieked.
 
“Mine.” Eri declared and the two other girls glared at her.
 
“Says who?” Ayumi challenged and Kagome wondered aloud why all her female friends are boy crazy.
 
“Because we don't have a sexy, silver-haired, golden-eyed roommate to satisfy our hunger...” Ayumi explained naughtily and elbowed Kagome who wrinkled her nose.
 
“Let's eat.” Kagome invited as the waiter placed the pan-fried chicken before her. She didn't see the wicked gleam in their eyes as she concentrated on her food. She was busy chewing on a chicken wing when someone covered her eyes.
 
“Sango, it's not funny…” Kagome sighed as she continued to chew.
 
“It's not me, here feel both my ands…” Sango said touching Kagome's hand.
 
“Whoever it is, I'm not laughing.” Kagome said again and heard the girls sniggered. “Come on, guys!” She groaned putting her spoon and fork down on her plate.
 
“Three guesses….” Ayumi said giggling.
 
“Yuka?”
 
“No,” The girls chorused.
 
“Eri!”
 
“No,” They said again.
 
“Fine. Let me guess…Brad Pitt?” Kagome asked sarcastically.
 
“Close.” Inuyasha replied removing his hands from her eyes and sitting beside her.
 
“Okay, does that make me Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?” Kagome mumbled as she tried to calm her racing heart.
 
“That makes you, Kagome.” He said smiling fondly at her and Kagome felt herself melt. Okay, I'm going to have indigestion with that smile. She thought as she watched Inuyasha eat from her plate.
 
“I'm hungry.” He said as he sliced a piece of chicken and fed it to Kagome.
 
“Then you eat.” Kagome said as she opened her mouth.
 
“Awww, that's just too sweet!!!” Eri cooed staring with glazed eyes as Inuyasha continued to feed their friend.
 
“Enough already, you're making us jealous…” Eri complained loudly. The other's orders arrived and they all ate. Ten minutes later, the girls excused themselves from the table to retouch.
 
“I forgot my toothpaste!” Eri pouted.
 
“Here.” Kagome said giving the tube to Eri as she brushed her teeth.
 
“You guys are so in love…” Sango remarked and the other girls nodded readily.
 
“When's the wedding?” Ayumi asked as she applied mascara on.
 
“What wedding?” Kagome asked with arched brow as she brushed her hair.
 
“Come on, tell.”
 
“I don't know if we're together.” Kagome sighed as she looked at her face on the mirror.
 
“What?!” Yuka asked staring at her.
 
“We weren't okay before tonight so I don't really know where we are at this point…”
 
“Gods, you baka! That's a fine man out there, don't let him wonder around without a leash!” Eri said and Sango agreed.
 
“That's what I told her.” She said.
 
“Enough, let's go back.” Kagome stated as she stashed her things back inside her bag.
 
 
When they got out of the comfort room, they were greeted with catcalls and whistles and they stared at each other questioningly.
 
“What happened?” Yuka asked the man standing near her.
 
“Some wild girl is singing and flirting on-stage.” The man replied with glee and the five friends pressed for a closer look and saw Kikyo singing and gyrating.
 
“Doesn't she know that Friday is acoustic night?” Eri asked frowning at the sight.
 
“She does but she just doesn't know what acoustic means…” Sango replied and Kagome giggled.
 
“What song is that?” Yuka asked the other girls.
 
“Rumors by Lindsay Lohan.” Kagome replied tapping her foot to the beat. Trust Kikyo to sing Rumors on acoustic night. Kagome thought and she couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled from inside her.
 
“Let's get back to our table.” Sango said pulling Kagome with her and the others followed. When they reached their table, Miroku was desperately holding back his laughter and Inuyasha looked like he swallowed something bitter.
 
“We're back!” Sango said kissing her husband on the lips as the other girls settled into their seats. They watched as Kikyo walked seductively towards their table and drape a arm around Inuyasha.
 
“That was for you…” She said huskily and Sango snorted. Kikyo chose to ignore her as she pressed herself closer to Inuyasha. Kagome pretended not to notice as she had difficulty holding back her laugh.
 
“Thank you, Kikyo for that umm….hot…performance…our very first performer for Stone Free's Friday Acoustic Nights…” The host said and Kagome purposely dropped her bag so she could duck under the table. She was soon followed by Yuka and Eri.
 
“Is she really stupid?” Yuka asked.
 
“Why is she flirting with your boyfriend?” Eri inquired.
 
“Shhh…” Kagome said as she tried to control her giggles.
 
“Kagome…” She heard Inuyasha's voice and she hesitantly returned to her seat. “Are you okay?” He asked her with concern.
 
“Yes, of course.” Kagome replied.
 
“I didn't know she'd come over…I…” Inuyasha started to explain and Kagome squeezed his hand.
 
“It's okay…” She said and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I mean…”
 
“Really, it's okay…” Kagome said smiling at him as she turned her attention back to the host.
 
“Any more performers for the night?” The host asked and a lot of names could be heard as friends yell their friends' names.
 
“It doesn't work that way, the person must come up the stage on his or her own.” The host said over the microphone and Inuyasha shocked everyone when he stood up.
 
“Whoa…” Sango said as they all watched Inuyasha walked up the stage.
 
“That's more like it.” The host said smiling as Inuyasha stood beside him. “Inuyasha, right?” The host asked and Inuyasha nodded.
 
“So what song is it going to be, Inuyasha?” The host asked.
 
“It's an original composition…” Inuyasha replied and the crowd clapped appreciatively.
 
“Wow…is it for a girl?” the host asked and the crowd whistled.
 
“Yes,” Inuyasha replied as he took the guitar handed to him by one of the bar's staff.
 
“Is she here?”
 
“Yes,”
 
“Well, what are we waiting for…let's give a round of applause for Inuyasha!” the host announced and the bar erupted into cheers as Inuyasha cleared his throat.
 
“This song is for you Kagome, my you're being extraordinarily dense…so here I am and I hope this time you'll understand…” Inuyasha said smiling at Kagome who was blushing furiously but bravely holding his gaze. Good, I have your attention now. He thought as he strummed the guitar.
 
 
 
Standing on the great divide
I feel the sudden need to fly
Underneath the open sky
And the river down below
 
I can keep on running now
I can keep on cheating death and yet somehow
It all ends up the same
And I don't wanna be the one who's blamed
Can't you see that I don't really have a choice at all
If only for the taste of flight
I'd gladly take the fall
 
 
 
So I say I love you
I don't wanna wait forever just to say
I need you
Doesn't even have to matter
If it really matters anything to you
 
 
I'd gladly take this ride
As long as you are there on the other side
I'm not making sense at all
Of making sense of it all
So when I can I'd take a chance
I'm diving in
If you need me I would die
To feel alive again
 
So I say I love you
I don't wanna wait forever just to say
I need you
It doesn't even have to matter
When I say I love you…yeah
 
 
I'm falling like I've never done so before
I'm flying against the wind and here I go…ohh…
 
So I say I love you
I don't wanna wait forever just to say…I need you
Doesn't even have to matter when I say
I love you
So what I can
I'd take my chance
So I say I need you
Doesn't even have to matter when I say
I love you so
I need you
It doesn't really matter
If it really matters anything to you
I love you…
 
 
 
The crowd stood up and clapped as Kagome's tears fell. She watched as Inuyasha removed the guitar's strap from his shoulder and slowly walked towards her.
 
“So,” Inuyasha said watching as more tears fell from Kagome's eyes.
 
“Gods help me I'm so in love with you…” Kagome replied and Inuyasha closed his eyes as he dragged Kagome protectively to his chest.
 
“I'm so in love with you too.” He whispered before hungrily kissing her.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
 
My birthday was last June 5th(thanks Meanha for remembering) so please do me a favor by downloading `Wait Forever' by Gary Valenciano (Inuyasha's song)from the albumRelevance. It would only take you five to ten minutes to download depending if you're using cable or dial up. This song ties beautifully with the story and I promise you you'll love it. This song is beyond beautifully…it's almost spiritual. Thank you guys in advance.
 
 
And please review…
 
 
P.S.
 
 
Lilly McFaden:The song in Inuyasha's dream is `Dream of Me' by Kirsten Dunst (yes, the actress from Spider Man)… the dream sequence is from a scene in Chapter 4 entitled Dream of Me…