InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ In Your Arms ( Chapter 51 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Thank you friends for reviewing…this chapter is for you.
 
 
Lilly McFadden, DeadlySoulCaster, Portia, rainydays, kittycat925, LadyWolf,InuyashasBiggestFan, AznxPurity, TrinityK, baka_juju2000, page13, monk-miko, 0oStandinOuto0, Meru,Elenacala, ShikonNoKouken, Braden, Acheronlover, EbonyQueen2015, KarKar, inudewaruika, Akina315, mirim87, Angle54, Nomina, Ochiko, inukaggrrl06
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 51:IN YOUR ARMS
 
 
 
“Hey…” Inuyasha whispered coming behind Kagome who was absentmindedly stirring a cup of ramen.
 
“Hey, good morning.” Kagome smiled as she turned her head to receive his kiss.
 
“What are you thinking?”
 
“Nothing…”
 
“You seem distracted for a while now…”
 
“I'm thinking about the final exams and the debate tournament…” Kagome lied. I'm thinking about how long I have to make you remember…
 
“Do you want me to ease your thoughts?” Inuyasha whispered as he begun kissing her neck.
 
“To define insatiable is to define you…” Kagome said as she turned to face him. He smiled as she gently touched his face, her heart breaking at the contact.
 
“Hon, what is it?” Inuyasha asked as Kagome suddenly hugged him.
 
“I'm just happy you're here, that's all.” She said as she valiantly tried to hide the sadness in her voice.
 
“I'm always here…” Inuyasha replied hugging her fiercely.
 
“I know…”
 
“What's troubling you?”
 
“You would just laugh at me…”
 
“Try me…” Inuyasha said and Kagome leaned away from him to extract the necklace once again.
 
“Don't you remember this?” Kagome asked.
 
“I do…”
 
“You do?”
 
“You showed me this before, remember? When your friends came over,” Inuyasha said and frowned when Kagome sniffed and closed her eyes. “What is it?” He asked as he again enfolded her in his embrace.
 
“Just hold me…” Kagome said and Inuyasha complied.
 
“What's bothering you?”
 
“I don't want to lose you…” Kagome murmured against his chest.
 
“You won't lose me…”
 
“Inuyasha, I'm scared…”
 
“I'm just here…”
 
“I'm scared to lose you again…”
 
“Hon, you'll never lose me, you never lost me…” Inuyasha said cupping her face in both his hands.
 
“Okay…” Kagome replied tearfully.
 
“Stop being sad, okay? It hurts me to see you sad.” Inuyasha said kissing her forehead.
 
“I love you…” Kagome said.
 
“Not as much as I do…” Inuyasha replied.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Kagome, what is it?” Sango asked with concern as she sat beside Kagome in the restaurant.
 
“I'm a mess…” Kagome replied, dabbing her tears away.
 
“Kags…”
 
“I'm going to lose him, Sango…”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Mama told me I have less than a month or Inuyasha would permanently forget about us…”
 
“What?!”
 
“Yes, how sick is that?” Kagome replied and fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.
 
“I feel so bad for not remembering too…” Sango said forlornly.
 
“No, don't….it's nobody's fault…” Kagome said hastily as she saw Sango's face fell.
 
“I wish I could remember…”
 
“We don't know what triggers these memories so don't feel bad…”
 
“What do you plan to do?”
 
“I've done everything…”
 
“You told me you remembered because his youkai called you…”
 
“Yes,”
“Can't you do the same thing and call his youkai?”
 
“I tried that too…”
 
“Okay…” Sango said, her face sad.
 
“I'm sorry for burdening you with my problems…”
 
“What?! We're friends, we're like sisters and you're apologizing?”
 
“I just feel so lost…”
 
“I would if I were in your place.”
 
“Thank you, Sango.”
 
“It's nothing, I wish I could be of more help. How is Inuyasha?”
 
“Lovable as usual…” Kagome replied with a smile.
 
“How your face shines when we talk about him…”
 
“I love him, what can I say?”
 
“Then fight for him…stop this crying already. Inuyasha won't remember if you swamp him with tears.” Sango joked and Kagome laughed.
 
“You're right…”
 
“If you've done everything, then the rest is up to him…”
 
“But I can't help but think that there's something I haven't done yet…”
 
“Come on girl, don't be too hard on yourself…wait!” Sango said her eyes twinkling mischievously, “Have you tried fucking his brains out?” She asked laughing at her own joke.
 
“Yes actually…” Kagome replied with a straight face.
 
“You did?! Darn, I thought that would work…” Sango answered grinning.
 
“It's more of him fucking mine…” Kagome retorted as an afterthought and Sango's jaw dropped.
 
“You're not kidding? You actually slept with him?!”
 
“Sango, I was fifteen minutes away from being sixteen when we mated…” Kagome replied rolling her eyes.
 
“Gods, I really, really really need to remember…never thought your life was exciting!” Sango said, practically jumping off her seat.
 
“Really Sango, lessen your caffeine intake…you're way too hyper.”
 
“What else is there to remember, come on tell?”
 
“A lot…”
 
“Like?”
 
“It would take us the whole year…I have an attic-full of pictures, let's talk about my past this semestral break…” Kagome said.
 
“Okay, I'm so excited…I hope Inuyasha remembers by then…”
 
“I hope so too…” Kagome replied.
 
“Come on, cheer up!”
 
“I feel happier already, honest…”
 
“You'll make it through this, Kags, have faith in him…”
 
“You're right…let's go…Inuyasha is waiting for me.” Kagome said standing up.
 
“I can't believe you were mated at fifteen…” Sango said shaking her head.
 
“Fifteen minutes away from being sixteen…”
 
“Still…sheesh…I never realized, Inuyasha was that fast…”
 
“Demon reflexes…” Kagome said and they looked at each other and laughed.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Kagome pushed away from the wall as the elevator door opened. She fumbled with her key and let out a surprise shriek when her dorm room door opened suddenly.
 
“Inuyasha?” She called gently as she took her shoes off. All the lights were out but she saw that the light in his bedroom was open. What is it now? She thought as she walked towards his bedroom.
 
“Baby…” She called again as she pushed his door open.
 
“Surprise…” She heard him whisper from behind her as his arms went around her.
 
“Hey…” She said.
 
“Are you feeling better already?”
 
“Yes…” Kagome replied.
 
“You are? Why?” Inuyasha joked.
 
“I talked with Sango…”
 
“I'm jealous, I'm supposed to be the only one to make you feel better…”
 
“You make me feel better and you make me feel tired at the same time…” Kagome teased.
 
“I tire you out?”
 
“Does it make you feel manlier if I say yes?”
 
“I'm glad…”
 
“That?” Kagome asked.
 
“That you're okay…”
 
“I'm glad too…” Kagome replied.
 
“We were supposed to eat out but you arrived late so I cancelled our reservation.”
 
“I'm sorry…” Kagome said.
 
“Stop apologizing already…I feel like an ass everytime you say sorry when you've done nothing wrong.”
 
“I'll cook dinner then.”
 
“Ah, that's the surprise…” Inuyasha said as he placed a large handkerchief before her eyes.
 
“What's this?”
 
“Just go along with it…”
 
“You're not thinking about some kinky sex, are you?” Kagome kidded.
 
“Hmm…now that you've mentioned it…”
 
“Inuyasha!”
 
“Kidding…may be later…” He whispered and laughed when Kagome stepped on his foot. Inuyasha guided her outside and her curiosity was piqued when she heard him close the main door.
 
“Where are we going?” She asked as he guided her hands towards a steel railing.
 
“So impatient…” he commented laughing softly. “Careful, that's a ladder, climb slowly…don't be scared, I'm behind you…” He instructed and Kagome obeyed.
 
“Where are we exactly?” She asked, shivering in the cold wind and felt grateful when Inuyasha draped a jacket over her.
 
“Just a little more…” He murmured as he guided her to walk a few steps. “Ready?” he asked and Kagome nodded. She blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the light.
 
“Surprise!” Inuyasha said and Kagome looked around her. Her eyes misting over at what she saw. They were at the rooftop of the dormitory and the place was alight with candles inside glass jars. Rose petals were everywhere…
 
“Roses remind me of you…” He whispered in her ear and Kagome's tears fell.
 
“Hey, stop crying…” He said smiling at her as he wiped her tears away with his palm.
 
“You're so damn romantic, it's killing me…” Kagome smiled through her tears.
 
“I made us our favorite dish…” He said as he guided towards a table with a white table cloth over it. “Dyarann!” He said as he uncovered the bowls and Kagome laughed when she saw ramen in them.
 
“Our favorite dish…” She said giggling.
 
“Dance with me…” He said and Kagome looked around.
 
“There's no music…”
 
“Who needs it? I sound better…” He replied and Kagome raised her brow as Inuyasha pulled her into his arms. “I don't now what's going on inside that beautiful head of yours but I'm just here…I won't leave…He said as they began to sway.
 
“What if…”
 
“Shhh…” He said as he tucked her head below his chin.
 
 
If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?
 
Inuyasha whispered kissing her nose…

If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?” He sung taking her hand in his.
 
“Ah, stop…” Kagome said as more tears came.
 
“I told you I sound better…” He said grinning as he kissed her on the mouth.
 
“I love you…” Kagome whispered.
 
“Not as much as I do…” Inuyasha replied.
 
“Not as much as I do…” Kagome said and he hugged her tight as he continued to sing softly for her. Only for her.
 

If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?
If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?


I never know what the future brings
But I know you are here with me now
We'll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with
…”
 
 
“Why are you crying again? Is my voice that bad?” Inuyasha asked as Kagome sobbed.
 
“No, I'm just one overly-dramatic fool…go on…” She said as she tried to smile at him.

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?
 
 
Kagome was crying so hard now she was trembling and Inuyasha held her. Pausing in his singing as he kissed her tears away.
 
“Hon…I'm just here…”
 
“I know…I'm sorry for ruining your performance.” Kagome replied as she smiled at him, smoothing his bangs off his face.

I don't know why you're so far away
But I know that this much is true
We'll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with
…”
 
 
Inuyasha smiled at her as he brought her hand to his lips…
 

And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray in you're the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life
…”

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today
'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right
And though I can't be with you tonight
And know my heart is by your side
…”

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms
…”
 
 
Kagome clapped loudly when he finished.
 
 
“You like it?”
 
“I love it…” Kagome replied.
 
“Are you happy enough to eat now?” He asked and she rolled her eyes.
 
“I wasn't sad…”
 
“Oh, those tears weren't real?” He replied as he kissed her again.
 
“I love you too much to make a rebuttal…” Kagome said and Inuyasha laughed.
 
“Tonight is special so we're taking wine with our ramen…” Inuyasha added and Kagome laughed. “I love your laugh…” He said as he hugged her to him.
 
“Just my laugh?” Kagome ribbed.
 
“I love how you wrinkle your nose when you're annoyed, I love how you chew the end of you pen when you're thinking hard, I love how you play with my hair when you're awake and you think I'm still sleeping, I love how you whisper you love me even in your sleep…” Inuyasha said and he held her.
 
“You're making me cry again…” Kagome whispered back and she heard him chuckle.
 
“I even love how you cried when we watched The Lion King on HBO,” Inuyasha murmured kissing the top of her head.
 
“Okay, I admit I'm one overly emotional female…” She said sniffing.
 
“I love how you scream my name when we make love, I love how you fuss over me even though I pretend to get irritated with the attention, I love how you fit perfectly in my arms as though you were made just for me to hold, I love you kisses, I love your touch, I love your temper even…”
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“I love you so much it's making me corny….” He said smiling at her.
 
“You're not corny…”
 
“I love you…” He whispered before dipping his head to claim her lips.
 
“I love you…” Kagome replied when they parted for air.
 
“I am yours as you are mine…mate…” He said affectionately and Kagome felt her breath hitch.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
If You're Not The One is by Daniel Bedingfield. Ah, nice song…if someone's going to sing it a capella forme like Inuyasha did, I'd marry him right away, no questions asked (hahahaaha!). Anyway, review…