InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ A Knight in Shining... Firerat? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise.
 
This was written for the First Tweak community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “wish” and it was required to be a drabble (300 words or less).
 
Title: A Knight in Shining… Firerat?
Author: doggieearlover
Genre: Canon, Drama
Rating: T
Word Count: 300
Warning: Language
Characters: InuYasha/Kagome and Jii-chan
Summary: Jii-chan makes a wish on Kagome's behalf.
 
 
A Knight in Shining… Firerat?
 
“I know my granddaughter has a destiny to fulfill. I pray for her to have a strong, handsome young man to help her, and to protect her. Please, keep Kagome safe and grant my wish. Jii-chan was praying to the kami of the Higurashi shrine. It was the day after Kagome's fifteenth birthday. According to Souta, she had been pulled into the well by a monster and hadn't been seen since.
 
Two days later, he was once again inspecting the well at Souta's insistence. “But we've looked in here many times,” he protested as he turned on the flashlight. He was startled as he heard, “Souta! Jii-chan!”
 
They helped the disoriented girl out of the well. She had been so scared and was so glad to be home that the old priest decided to seal the well with sutra. After all, he wasn't really certain time traveling was what he had in mind. Kagome would just have to wait for another time and destiny for her knight in shining armor… “What the…”
 
The shoji was thrown back with a loud “thwack!” and a white-haired man dressed in red was standing in the doorway. He was handsome, he was young, he was… hanyou?
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome said softly. “How?”
 
“Through the well! Who said you could fucking leave?” the irate hanyou demanded.
 
“It was sealed!” Jii-chan insisted.
 
“These? They don't work,” InuYasha commented as he plucked one off of his clothing and grabbed Kagome by the arm. “Come on. We have to fucking go right now.”
 
He was only stopped momentarily by her mother wanting to rub his ears.
 
Jii-chan sighed as he followed them to the well house. “This really wasn't what I had in mind. Not only is he rude and violent, but did he have to have dog ears?”