InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ Sinful Desire ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
This was written for the iy_themes community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “Sin” and the limit was 250 words.
 
 
Title: Sinful Desire
Rating: T
Word Count: 250
Type: Canon; takes place during Chapter 558 shortly after Kagome's return
Summary: InuYasha would like to have Kagome to himself
 
 
Sinful Desire
 
Even if the others were totally oblivious, InuYasha could tell Kagome was somewhat distressed. For that matter, so was he.
 
She'd returned a few hours ago, making him the happiest he'd been in years. But before he could take her in his arms and show her how much he'd missed her, all the others had shown up.
 
And they didn't seem to realize they'd worn out their welcome.
 
He saw Kagome glance at him again while Sango chattered nonstop and Shippou bounced up and down, vying for attention. Miroku at least was trying to keep the twins under control. Finally, unable to stand it a minute longer, he swooped the miko off her feet and ran.
 
“I wondered how long it would take him,” Miroku commented as he grabbed the kitsune by the tail. “No, Shippou, you stay here if you want to keep your hide.” Noticing the glare on Sango's face he added, “InuYasha has waited a long three years for her return. We need to respect their privacy. Let's go home.”
 
 
The hanyou had not stopped until he had reached his favorite spot overlooking the valley. He set Kagome down, unsure of her reaction now that they were finally together.
 
“Is it a sin that I wanted to be alone with you?” she asked. “They're my friends, but… my heart opened the well to bring me to you.”
 
“I…” he choked, unable to find the words. Instead he drew her into his arms and hesitantly, he kissed her.