InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ The SingStar Competition ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners. I do own Derek, Dan & Melissa (Inuyasha's girlfriend) though.
`Please Don't Stop The Music' - Rihanna
`Loneliness' - Westlife
`Siberia' - Backstreet Boys
`See You Again' - Miley Cyrus
`Are You Ready' - Three Days Grace
`Who Knew' - Pink
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 26 - The SingStar Competition
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kagome's POV
 
It was nice after yesterday. I was released from the hospital nearly straight away, only having to promise the doctors that I would come back after a few days so they could see how everything was going.
Inuyasha stayed with me for most of the day, not wanting to leave my side. Things had started to heal after everyone walked in, seeing us kiss.
I blushed just remembering it.
I was glad I did it, not regretting it the slightest.
Inuyasha and I had started talking again, me answering any questions that he asked about the day in Japan. He was happier to know that I didn't blame him of anything, hugging me tightly as he sat with me.
Now that it was the day of the SingStar thing, I had to be careful. No one could know that it was me or else I would be stuffed.
Kaede had sent some of my old guards over from Japan, explaining the deal to them about me going to sing at the school. They all understood that I would be singing at my cousins' school, meeting them at the front gate at 11ish.
This gave me enough time to get to my first classes and get ready before everyone got out for lunch.
I packed my normal school bag quickly, leaving it to the side of my bed before I grabbed a smaller bag, packing in clothes, make up and a beret for when I had to go on stage.
Hopefully no one would notice it was me.
 
O.o
 
I walked to school with Kikyo and Souta, giving them a tally sheet for them to get people to do. I wanted to know what people wanted to hear, rather than sing them a song that they didn't know or didn't like. They were both happy to do it, racing in to school and starting straight away.
I put some up around the halls as people began arriving, watching them flock over and put the songs they wanted. I didn't bother looking cause I would see them later. The principle had already promised that he would collect them for me later in the day when everyone was in class.
Dan was going to drive to the school in the limo, carrying the guards and me to the school when it was time. I would meet Mama around the corner from the school so I could go to the hotel that we had booked to cover the story we had set for my `visit' to America, and so I could get ready.
So far the media had bought it. And that was a good thing.
I walked out to the oval, knowing that some of the others would be there already. Kikyo, Souta and myself had deliberately left later than normal, wanting more people to get to school so we could have them do the tally sheets.
I waved to Sango and Rin who were sitting at the table, looking at one of the tally sheets that Kikyo had bought over with her.
“Which one do you think Kagome?” Sango asks me, as I get closer, moving to sit down with them, “Right Back in the Water or All I Have I like them both but I can't choose.”
“Well,” I say, winking at Kikyo when Rin and Sango weren't looking, “I'm sure that if there is enough votes for more than one song then Miss Higurashi will probably sing more than one. So out down for them both. No one in going to notice anyway.”
“What are you going to put down for Kagome?” Rin asks as Sango hands her the sheet, “there are so many to choose from.”
“I've already voted,” I tell them, stretching out slightly, “and I wont be here to listen to her sing either.”
What?” they both yell at the same time. “Why not?”
“Mama booked me in to go to see the doctor again about this,” I say as I point to my side, “she wants to make sure that it isn't getting infected or anything. And she forgot about the thing today so she booked it for today.”
“That sucks,” Rin whined slightly, passing the paper back to Kikyo after she tallied All I Have. “We were all going to get up and sing.”
“I'm sure that I will be able to see it later,” I say with a smirk, “Sesshomaru and Souta have promised to tape the whole thing for me.”
“Why Sesshomaru-sama?” Rin asks with a slight blush.
“He offered,” I say with a shrug, shouldering my bag as the other two did after hearing the bell, “and anyway, I think he wanted to come see you again Rin.”
Sango and I laughed as she turned a bright pink.
Today would be fun.
 
O.o
 
The day flew passed really quickly.
Inuyasha was in my Science class, sitting with me. Derek was sitting across the other side of the room; Mel (Inuyasha's ex) was with him. Both of them were glaring at us as we held hands, me slightly leaning on him when we both finished our work early.
We talked softly through the rest of the lesson, Rin and Sango forgetting all about Japan and acting like nothing had ever happened.
It was good.
Next was Music with Miss Allen, and when I handed her the note that Mama had written to her to let her know that I had a `doctor's appointment, she smiled and winked at me, knowing the real reason.
The lesson was easy. We were supposed to be learning how to play guitar. Miss Allen made us sit in a circle so we could all see what she was doing.
Growing bored, I stood and moved my chair away, knowing that everyone else was watching me anyway.
The teacher asked me to play and I did.
No one bothered looking at me again after that.
 
O.o
 
I left a little early, walking quickly to the principal's office to let him know that I was leaving. He nodded to me and stood, getting ready to go around and collect all those tally papers from this morning.
I rush outside, meeting Mama at the corner and getting in. we drive to the hotel quietly, both knowing that there was possibly going to be media there.
We were right as usual.
They swarmed the car pretty much straight away, barely giving us enough room to get out.
“Come on guys,” I yell over the top of all the questions, “I really need to get moving. I gotta be at the school in 20 mins. Let me in the hotel thanks.”
They got out of the way eventually after I had to answer a few questions. We ran up to the elevator and went to our room, getting ready as quick as I could.
Tight dark blue jeans accompanied a mini tank top that was almost the same colour, covered in glitter. My shoes were blue converses and the beret was made so it would sit over one of my eyes. My hair was down and in the small time that Mama had it was slightly curled. Eyeliner and eye shadow was the only make up to be on my face.
Mama walked me downstairs, and waved to the guards that were coming to the school with me. Their black suites were all the same, earpieces sitting in their ears.
I ran up and hugged Meg, one of the guards that had been with me through almost every thing. She smiled and hugged me back. She was not like the rest of the bodyguards. When she was happy she smiled, and when you talked to her you could have a proper conversation instead of just getting two words from her.
She was cool.
“Damn you've grown Kags,” she said when we were in the limo, away from the rest of the media, “you look good though.”
“Ta Meg,” I say back with a smile, moving some of the hair out of my way, “and you always were the one to be different with the uniform, huh?”
She smiled as she touched the small purple piece of cloth sticking out of her jacket pocket, seeming surprisingly proud of it.
We laughed the whole way to school, joking and remembering some of the times that we had together.
It took a little while before we reached the school. I was thankful for it.
 
O.o
 
There was a giant group of people standing outside the front of the school, waiting for my arrival. I laughed as they all screamed at the same time, trying to lean over the teachers that formed a human barricade to get an autograph.
I laughed and grabbed one of the books that was extended towards me, signing it quickly and doing the same for a few more before I got to the door. Everyone was trying to follow me and I laughed again, watching as they all struggled to get close to me.
Meg was watching me with high suspicion, knowing that something was up. I shook my head, letting her know that I would tell her later if I could. She nodded back, knowing what I meant.
Walking down the halls, I passed Kikyo and nodded to her, knowing that she would meet me in the staged area. The principal was walking in front of Meg, showing us the way to go.
Even though I already knew the way.
We got there eventually and I walked up to the stage, watching everyone crowd in around it.
“Heyya people,” I say into the mike, listening as people begin to quieten slightly, “how ya all going? Having fun at school?”
I get plenty of responses, all mushing together to create one loud scream. I laughed into the mike, turning back to Meg, and giving her the thumbs up. She had a set of headphones on her head, being the one to control the music levels.
“Now,” I say again, turning to the crowd, “I do believe that you all voted for the songs that you mostly wanted to hear. Would that be right?” more screaming, “So how about we start with something new that hasn't been released yet? What do you all say to that?”
they all screamed a yes, instantly getting closer to the speakers and getting ready to dance to the music.
I walked back to Meg, handing her my iPod and going through till I found the song that I wanted.
The beat was just about to start as I noticed Inuyasha standing at the side of the stage with Miroku, Sango, Rin and Sesshomaru. I handed the mike quickly to Meg and went to the side of the stage, lying near the edge and whispering into Sesshomaru's ear.
He smirked and nodded, gathering the other four and leading them to the side of the stage, straight up to where I was now standing with Meg.
“I need some people,” I started, making sure that they could hear me, “to dance with me. You guys wanna do it?” They nodded, looking eager. “alright then. You two,” Sango and Miroku, “please dance together and you two,” Sesshomaru and Rin, “do the same. Are you right to dance with me?” I asked Inuyasha.
They all nodded, Sesshomaru looking quite content.
“How will we know how to dance?” Sango asked as Miroku moved closer to her.
“Listen to the lyrics,” I shrugged, turning back to the stage and grabbing Inuyasha's hand, dragging him forward with me. The others followed, eager to hear the song.
Meg started the music as soon as we were all out in front of the crowd.
 
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
I grabbed Inuyasha's hands, placing them on either side of my waists and started to sway, watching as the others began to follow the beat and out example. Sesshomaru and Miroku were close to Rin and Sango, making both girls were a slight blush until they got into the beat.

It's getting late
I'm making my way over to my favourite place
I gotta get my body moving
Shake the stress away
I wasn't looking for nobody when you looked my way
Possible candidate, yeah
Who knew
That you'd be up in here looking like you do
You're making staying over here, impossible
Baby, I must say your aura is incredible
If you don't have to go, don't

Do you know what you started?
I just came here to party
But now we're rocking on the dance floor, actin' naughty
Your hands around my waist
Just let the music play
We're hand in hand, chest to chest and now we're face to face
I turned around to face Inuyasha, the other couples doing the same and getting in right close. Inuyasha was looking at me with some look in her eyes, almost like he was trying to recognise me. my head was screaming from him no to as we continued dancing, me still singing.

I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music
I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
Please don't stop the, please don't stop the
Please don't stop the music

Baby are you ready cause it's getting close
Don't you feel the passion ready to explode?
What goes on between us no-one has to know
This is a private show

Do you know what you started?
I just came here to party
But now we're rocking on the dance floor, actin' naughty
Your hands around my waist
Just let the music play
We're hand in hand, chest to chest and now we're face to face
Inuyasha's eyes still burned as we stepped away slightly, giving me the air I needed to keep singing. The song was nearing its end now and I could see that the audience all loved the song, dancing around the floor with friends, boyfriends or girlfriends, seeming like they were purely having fun.
That made me smile harder.

I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music
I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music

I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music
I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it
Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music
I wanna take you away
Let's escape into the music, DJ let it play
I just can't refuse it
Like the way you do this
Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
Please don't stop the music
 
The music ended and everyone was clapping obviously enjoying the song.
“How was that?” I yell into the mike, slightly breathless, “did you like it? Should I put it on the next album?”
Everyone screamed yes, clapping and whooping as I stepped back and handed the mike to the principle that began announcing for the competition to begin. Rin was the first to go, wanting to get it over and done with.
 
Loneliness
Is always looking for a friend
It found me once
And it has been around since then
Loneliness
It never waited by the door
It sweeps right through
And it will never be egnored
Why, why was I chosen
Why am I left without
 
She was looking at Sesshomaru as she sang, leaving him staring back up at him with an absolute look of awe. Her voice was that of an angel and I'm pretty sure that Sesshomaru was thinking about her being a demon was a bonus.
 
The love of my life
The love that I need
The love that they say
Is in life for free
The love of my dreams
The love that I want
Loneliness knows me by name
 
Loneliness
Knows everything I keep inside
My endless thoughts
In the silence of the night
Loneliness
Is the one who made me see
Ain't nobody else
Who can make a change from me
Why, why was I chosen
Why am I left without
 
The love of my life
The love that I need
The love that they say
Is in life for free
The love of my dreams
The love that I want
Loneliness knows me by name
 
This is more
That would be the vacant space
The cried out tears
And the never-ending maze
Oh I have found
What only loneliness
 
She opened her eyes and bowed, handing the mike back to me. I grinned at her and patted her on the shoulder, letting her go down to the others. Everyone was shocked when Sesshomaru pulled her into a hug, whispering something in her ear that made her smile and blush a little.
“Well that was awesome,” I said, turning my attention back to the crowd, “who wants to go next?”
“I do,” Derek says from the stairs, looking me straight in the eyes.
I roll my eyes to myself, knowing that he was going to try getting me back or something stupid like that. I handed him the mike and stepped right away from him, nearly laughing as he tried to come closer.
Meg stepped forward quickly, standing off to my side slightly. Derek backed off once he realised that Meg was giving him a warning.
His music started as he turned back to the crowd, raising the mike to his lips.
 
When you come back I won't be here.
She said and gently pulled me near.
If you want to talk, give me a call.
And no, it's not your fault.
I just smiled and said let go of me.
But there's something I just gotta know.
Did someone else steal my part?
She said it's not my fault.
 
Then my heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
Cause its all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too.
 
I was drifting in between
Like I was, on the outside looking in
In my dreams you are still here
Like you've always bin.
Ho yeah
 
My did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
Cause its all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too
 
I gave myself away completely
But you just couldn't see me
Though I was sleeping in your bed
Cause someone else was on your mind
In your head
 
When I got back, she wasn't there
Just a note left on the stairs
If you want to talk give me a call
 
Heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
Cause its all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too
 
I tried not to laugh as the principal went and grabbed the mike, announcing for the next person to come up.
Sango shrugged and headed up, grabbing the mike and clapping at the crowd, thanking the principal for being `the same dull person that you always have been'.
The crowd roared with laughter as the principal went beetroot red.
 
I got my sights set on you and I'm ready to aim
I have a heart that will never be tamed
I knew you were something special
When you spoke my name
Now I can't wait to see you again
 
The whole time that she was singing, she was pointing to Miroku. He was smiling up at her, watching her.
 
I've got a way of knowing when something is right
I feel like I must have known you in another life
Cause I felt this deep connection when you looked in my eyes
Now I can't wait to see you again
 
The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about
Felt like I couldn't breath
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Lesley said "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can't rest till then
Woh woh I
I can't wait to see you again
 
I got this crazy feeling, deep inside
When you called and asked to see me tomorrow night
I'm not a mind reader but I'm reading the signs
That you can't wait to see me again
 
The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about
Felt like I couldn't breath
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Lesley said "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can't rest till then
Woh woh I
I can't wait to see you again
 
I got my sights set on you and I'm ready to aim
 
Sango continued to stamp her feet to the beat, throwing her head around as the song neared the ending. She was still smiling, looking down at Miroku who was bouncing along to the beat with the rest of the crowd.
 
The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about
Felt like I couldn't breath
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Lesley said "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can't rest till then
Woh woh I
I can't wait to see you again
 
Woh woh I
I can't wait to see you again
 
A few more people sang after that, listeing as the bell signalled the end of lunch. Sighing, I grabbed the mike and turned to the audience whom were all slowly shuffling along, taking their time to leave.
“Howz about you all turn around,” I say into the mike, getting their attention again, “and help me here.”
They all looked at me as I walked over to the principle that was standing at the edge of the stage, standing before him as everyone crowded around the stage again.
I knelt down and looked up at the principal.
“Please can we stay here sir,” I whine into the mike, listening to the kids all laugh and kneel as well, “we promise that we will keep singing. Or I will anyway.”
There was a chorus of `pleases' coming from the crowd as all the kids got on their knees and begged basically. The principal looked down at me with a smirk and nodded, giving me the okay. I laughed and stood, letting everyone get up again.
“Looks like I get to stay from a little longer,” I say with a laugh, listening to the crowd go off. “Now who wants to sing for me?”
Inuyasha was pushed onto the stage, sent stumbling towards me. Meg stepped up instantly, making sure there was no threat. I waved her down, handing Inuyasha the mike and stepped back, giving him the stage.
“lets go guys,” he yelled into the mike as soon as the music started, “you all know this song.”
Everyone immediately begins to dance around, jumping up and down and singing along when Inuyasha started.
 
You'd said we'd never get this far
You said your words, we've played our parts
Said your two cents now
now It's my turn
So, sit down, shut up
Are you ready?

So, you think you know how this story goes
Are you ready for this?

Sit down, are you ready for this?
Shut up, are you ready for this?
Stand up, are you ready for this?
Restrain
Are you ready?

I thought you'd never come this far
I thought your words meant something more
Said my two cents now
It's your turn
So stand up and scream
Are you ready?

So you think you know how this story goes
Are you ready for this?

Sit down, are you ready for this?
Shut up, are you ready for this?
Stand up, are you ready for this?
Restrain
Are you ready?

Are you ready?
Are you ready for this?

Sit down, are you ready for this?
Shut up, are you ready for this?
Stand up, are you ready for this?
Restrain
Are you ready for this?
 
He bowed at the end; handing the mike back to me and listening to everyone go off. I smiled as everyone slowly calmed down, letting them scream until they were done.
“Now that,” I said, pointing down to Inuyasha “was good.”
Everyone laughed as they continued to come up, singing and getting a huge clap for it. It wasn't till the bell went to signal that it was lunch that everyone realised how much fun they were really having.
“Who wants me to sing another song before this has to end?” I yell into the mike, listening to the crowd go off.
The music started up for another one of my songs, listening as everyone screams.
 
You took my hand
You showed me how
You promised me you'd be around
Uh huh
That's right
I took your words
And I believed
In everything
You said to me
Yeah huh
That's right
 
If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them up
Cause they're all wrong
I know better
Cause you said forever
And ever
Who knew
 
Remember when we were such fools
And so convinced and just too cool
Oh no
No no
I wish I could touch you again
I wish I could still call you friend
I'd give anything
 
When someone said count your blessings now
For they're long gone
I guess I just didn't know how
I was all wrong
They knew better
Still you said forever
And ever
Who knew
 
Yeah yeah
I'll keep you locked in my head
Until we meet again
Until we
Until we meet again
And I won't forget you my friend
What happened
 
If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out
Cause they're all wrong and
That last kiss
I'll cherish
Until we meet again
And time makes
It harder
I wish I could remember
But I keep
Your memory
You visit me in my sleep
My darling
Who knew
My darling
My darling
Who knew
My darling
I miss you
My darling
Who knew
Who knew
 
Everyone was screaming by the end of it, clapping like crazy and jumping up and down.
“And now you are all stuck with me till later,” I say as I step off the stage, into Sesshomaru's arm.
“What are you doing Miss Kagome?” Sesshomaru hissed as he drags me away from the stage and closer to Meg, letting her know that I wasn't being threatened. “If you stay too long than some of the youkai may sense the similarities in your scent with the same girl at this school.”
“Good,” I say, and push him off slightly, “because I want them to. If it takes them a while them great, if they find out today them oh well.”
I follow Sesshomaru and Meg as they lead me to the small hill at the back, to Rin and Sango. Sesshomaru went straight to Rin's side, going to sit behind her so she could lean on him. I stood there with a smile on my face, laughing at the fact that they hadn't realised yet.
“Do you guys care if I change something quickly?” I ask Rin and Sango, those two being the only ones there yet.
They shake their heads, probably wondering why I wasn't being snobby and stuff.
“Now you two have to stay quiet now,” I say as I lift my arms up, making it seem like I was doing things, “and no screaming. You have to promise me that because I trust you.”
“Sure,” Sango says, looking at Rin quickly and pulling a face, “Now what are you going on about?”
I pulled my arms down and took off the stupid beret, pulling my hair back off my face. Even them I could see that they were realising who I was, their mouths hanging wide open. Sango tried to stutter out something while Rin just sat there with her mouth wide open.
I laughed quickly, letting my hair fall again and pulling the beret back on, seeming like nothing had happened.
And in my eyes, nothing had.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't hurt me.
I know that this is really long (like 15 pages long) but I could have made it longer. I used a lot of different songs because I didn't have the right ones. Who knows, if I find the right ones then I'll probably re-do this chapter…
Anyways. I hope you guys like it.
If not, plz say so and I'll try changing it.
And let me know how the whole fanfic is going. I don't know if I'm dragging it out too much… I hope I ain't.
Anyway R&R plz
Bloodthirstynekoyokiagirlxd