InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Record Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear Diary
 
Chapter 2 - Record Time
 
This is my own original fanfic, though it was under my other username. Stupid me forgot the password so I can't access it anymore to upload more chapters. So I started again and tried to make it more interesting and make more fricking sense. (I couldn't even understand the damn thing and I wrote the bastard)
The great goddess Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha and all the characters associated with him. I just have the fun of twisting the characters around my pinkie. LOL. Britney Spears owns `When Yours Eyes Say It', as well.
 
Hint for reading the story, anything in italic black is Kagome writing in her diary. “Talking” and `thinking' are seen as this and Kagome or someone singing will be a different colour and in italic as well. Hope this helps with the reading.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Dear Diary,
Sitting in my private room in the studio. Ran into Kaede in the halls and was told to go clean up. She makes it sound like I was rolling around in the dirt or something like that.
A guest is here somewhere. Kohaku was warning me about him. Long, ankle length silver hair and golden eyes. We both agreed that he was someone that we would both be keeping an eye on while he was around.
Shit, hanging on…
 
~.~ ~. ~. ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~ ~ ~.~
 
He was standing in my doorway as I looked up, noticing him in the huge mirror that Kaede had installed into my change room all those years ago. He was wearing some sort of designer suit, looking like it was tailored to fit. His long hair was hanging down around his ankles, slowly swishing from side-to-side as the breeze from my fan swung past. He was inspecting his nails when I saw him, looking out of the corner of his eye at me, giving me a quick preview of his eyes.
 
Molten gold.
 
“Well,” he murmurs, leaning further against the doorway, “looks like Lady Kaede really was right when she said you had potential. Dangerous potential.”
 
“What are you talking about?” I sneer, turning to face him as he walked in the door, my back going ridged as… something rolled over me. “Who the fuck are you?”
 
“My, my, my,” he sneered in return, stopping an arms length away from where I was now standing, “looks like Kaede wasn't lying when she said that you had a little bit of attitude.”
 
“Oh really,” I comment back, sarcasm dripping from my voice, “well then, it looks like Kaede knows when to tell another baka about me then.”
 
Something snapped within him. It must have. Next thing I knew I was being dangled in the air with a hand wrapped lightly around my neck. I gasped, not because I was short of breath or because he was squeezing my neck, but because of the shock that someone had actually laid a hand on me in a threatening way.
 
No one touched me.
 
Ever.
 
“Put me down freak,” I scream at him, hands coming up to wrap around his wrist to try and pry his hands off, “put me the fuck down.”
 
“Not until you learn,” he sneers at me, bringing me closer to his face so I had to look him in the eye as I continued to struggle, “how to show proper respect for someone of my status.”
 
“Put her down Sesshomaru,” Dan screams as he runs into the room, arms catching me as I was dropped, “Fuck. What makes you think you can manhandle her like that? Just because you (muttermuttermutter).”
 
“Shut it Dan,” the other guy growls out, successively getting Dan to shut up, “you have no business coming between us.”
 
“Yes I do Sesshomaru,” he growls in return, wrapping his arms tightly around my back and under my knees, as if he was getting ready to run suddenly, “this is what I do. I protect Lady Kagome from people like you.”
 
“How dare you?”
 
“What is the meaning of all this?” Kaede asks, voice crisp and clear over the growling that was escalating from both males, “Kagome-chan, what is happening here?”
 
I couldn't bring myself to answer her. Something in the room was seriously wrong and something was making my throat constrict so much that I could barely breath. Dan's arms were still wrapped protectively around me, keeping as much of myself touching him as he could. His chest was vibrating as his teeth were bared, trying to keep the other guy, Sesshomaru, at bay.
 
“Put her down Dan,” Kaede speaks lightly, walking further into the room and touching Dan's arm lightly, “she needs to learn were her limits lie as do ye Sesshomaru.”
 
“This Sesshomaru will not be insulted by some spoilt brat,” he snaps as Dan places me gently at his side, supporting me with an arm around my waist as I my legs quivered, “nor will this Sesshomaru stand to be threatened by one of his own.”
 
“We may be the same,” Dan sneers back, eyes never leaving Sesshomaru's, “but since you and that bitch hurled me from court, I found something more useful to do. Something that I would be appreciated in.”
 
“Come Kagome,” Kaede whispers lightly, wrapping her arm around me as Dan removed his, “it is time that ye and I left.”
 
“But Kaede,” I squeaked out as the door closed behind us as we stepped into the hall, “what is going on? What were they both talking about? How do Dan and that creep know each other?”
 
“They will explain things,” she mutters, hobbling down the hall on her walking cane, “when they both believe that ye are ready to learn. Before that time, I am not able to voice anything to ye.”
 
“Kaede,” I moan, trying to get her attention again, “why does it feel so wrong here? Something is going on and I don't like it. It makes me feel seriously sick.”
 
“Ye must push the feelings away Kagome,” she replies as she continues to hobble down the hall, heading to the kitchens and to where her grandson was, “for now. They will be there until you satisfy ye curiosity. Only then will they go away.”
 
We walked through the door together, continuing to walk across the room until we reached the small bench and stools that were opposite the fridge. Kaede sat on her specialised chair, raising the height so she was able to sit comfortably against the bench top. Kohaku, her grandson, began instantly to make her a cool drink, making sure that it was the same as she always had.
 
Kohaku was a year or two younger than me, though no one would have been able to tell if he stood next to me. He and I were the same height, and after years of denying that we were either dating or related, we had finally given up trying to correct everyone. His dark brown hair was tied back in a small ponytail that sat in the nap of his neck while the loose parts hung as curtains around his cheeks. His light green eyes were always alight with emotion, making him as easy to read as a book.
 
“Kagome-chan, Kaede-baa-chan,” he welcomed us both, bringing over cold drinks before hugging us, “I thought you were busy recording the new songs already.”
 
“Not quite Kohaku,” I laugh out, taking a small sip of my lemonade and leaning on the bench lightly, “we still have to wait for the `guest' to finish his little talk with Dan.”
 
“What talk with Dan?” he asked curiously, bringing over some small biscuits before sitting on a stool over the other side of the bench and taking a sip of his own drink.
 
“The one they are currently having in my dressing room.”
 
“The one that was previously in your dressing room,” Sesshomaru mutters as he breezes through the door, looking at me down his nose, “and even so, it was none of your business what we were doing little miko.”
 
“It is when you are in my dressing room,” I countered, looking at him in the corner of my eye.
 
A growl was his only reply as he went through the door again, giving me an evil look as he left. Kaede sighed beside me before going on about how I was going to have to start being nicer to my guests and how important this one was blah blah blah. It was all just going in one ear and leaving through the other almost instantly. Kohaku and I were pulling faces at each other every time Kaede wasn't looking, trying our hardest not to both piss ourselves laughing.
 
If I could have picked an exact moment for time to stop and keep that time running forever, it would have been that exact moment. Just the three of us, laughing and joking around.
 
`Or at least Kohaku and I are,' I thought to myself, biting my lip to stop laughing at Kohaku's face, `Kaede is just off in her own world and ranting to herself again.'
 
O.o O.o O.o
 
Kaede eventually finished her rant, looking between Kohaku and myself as we just grinned and tried to look innocent. Something that neither of us was.
 
We all wondered down to my recording room after a little longer, Kohaku coming with us as we locked up the kitchen. It was his job to run it, and he loved it, even though he complained about one thing or another every day. It was just one of his routines for each day.
 
Sesshomaru was already in the studio as we walked in, pacing backwards and forwards with his side to us as he continued to chatter away on a phone. He was speaking quite fast, and Kohaku just looked at me, grinning evilly as I walked past him and into my recording area. The soundproof walls were something I was always grateful for, being able to come here any time and just relax. It was like my own retreat, my own little hide away. Only Kaede and myself had the key to get in and even then Kaede hardly ever used hers.
 
I walked straight over to the stand, picking up the songs that were already on the stand. New ones mingled with old ones, just sitting in this one huge pile.
 
“Which one Kaede?” I asked into the mike, knowing that she would want me to sing one of the older ones for Sesshomaru.
 
“Any ye choose,” she replied into a mike, nodding at me as they all sat down to listen.
 
`Of course,' I muttered in my mind, rolling my eyes at them as I shuffled through the list.
 
No.
 
No.
 
Maybe.
 
No.
 
No.
 
This one.
 
Pulling one of the sheets from the pile, I quickly went over to the small stereo that was in the corner of the room. It was sitting atop a small cabinet that was lined with shelves. Each shelf was filled with a CD; each holding the instrumental beats for a song. Normally each shelf was sorted in order of the year that they were released; yet there were times that they had been moved around by someone. It was shitty, but it was the sort of thing that I had to put up with.
 
Flicking through the releases from last year, I was looking for one of the hits that had a hidden meaning, like most of the songs that I wrote. But this one was written by one of the best friends that I had, who was no longer alive. Tia was the best friend that any girl could have ever wished for, and it was devastating to Kagome and everyone that knew her when she was killed in a car accident. Her whole family was in the car when it happened, though only Tia and her little brother Mikel were the only ones who didn't make it through.
 
She had written the song to her boyfriend at the time, trying to tell him about how she truly felt. She had given the song to me the day before the accident, coming in to the studio with me to help record it. She was so… I don't even know how to describe it. She knew the exact way that the song was supposed to sound. She had showed me exactly how to pitch it, playing the keyboard while I attacked the guitar. I sang the most part, though made me sing the majority of the song.
 
Putting the CD in the stereo and grabbing the remote, I walked back to the mike that was in the centre of the room. If I was recording I would have dragged over the stool that was normally in that spot, but for today I just grabbed the headphones off the hook and pulled them on quickly. Pushing the play button on the remote, I swayed along to the music, remembering how Tia and I had planned to make Dane, Tia's boyfriend, listen to the song. It was that day, that horrible day of the accident, that she and her family were coming to meet me at the studio, that we were going to show him th song.
 
I began to sing to the slow, steady beat of the song as it began.
 
I love to hear you say that you love me
With words so sweet
And I love the way with just one whisper
You tell me everything
And when you say those words
It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard
It was just the two of us, sitting in the small recording studio that I was in now. I had deliberately made sure that the studio was deserted, knowing that there was no way that Tia would sing if anyone was around to hear her sing. At first, she was really shy, finding loopholes she didn't have to sing. But I got the better of her.

Chorus:
But when your eyes say it
That's when I know that it's true
I feel it
I feel the love coming through
I know it
I know that you truly care for me
'Cause it's there to see
When your eyes say it
Don't you want Dane to hear how well you can sing, I tried to con her, knowing that she wouldn't be able to resist the thought that she would be giving this to Dane the next day, don't you think that he will so proud that you were able to stand here with me, sing with me and play out the song that you wrote for him? Don't you think he will be so flustered, listening to the words that his very own girlfriend wrote for him and release with their best friend?

I love all the ways that you show me
You'll never leave
And the way your kisses, they always convince me
Your feelings run so deep
I love the things you say
And I love the love your touch conveys

Chorus:
But when your eyes say it
That's when I know that it's true
I feel it
I feel the love coming through
I know it
I know that you truly care for me
'Cause it's there to see
When your eyes say it
It was fun to listen to her laugh, listen to her sing me how the song was supposed to be. The video camera had been on in the corner the whole time, recording the last moments that we had together as best friends.
 
Nothing was able to replace the time that we had spent together, the last full day that she spent here. It was almost like it was meant to be like that, leaving good memories for us to spend together, for me to hold good memories of us both. It was like we were supposed to spend more time together, try to stop the accident from happening.
 
Or maybe it was that way so that the accident did happen. I don't know and for as long as I lived, I didn't want to know. nothing was more painful than that day.

But when your eyes say it
That's when I know that it's true
I feel it
I feel the love coming through
I know it
I know that you truly care for me
'Cause it's there to see
When your eyes tell me
I know they're not tellin' lies
They tell me
All that you're feelin' inside
And it sounds so right
When your eyes say it, say it

And the words that say take my breath away
No song ever sounded so sweet
I love every word that they say to me

Dane had never forgiven me for that day, refusing to talk to me when he learned that I had spent Tia's last day with her instead of him. He even told me that he didn't want to talk to me again after the funeral, wanting to forget the sadness that I caused by reminding him. I understood and smiled at him, letting him know that it was okay. I was fine.
 
Inside I was dying when I had to give him the song, the one that his girl had written for him. he refused to listen to the unedited version I had made just for him, of just Tia singing. I had to use all the parts that she had sung to teach me, melding it together with the music we had done. It was hard, but seemed harder when he didn't listen to it.
 
But when your eyes say it
That's when I know that it's true
I feel it
I feel the love coming through
I know it
I know that you truly care for me
'Cause it's there to see
When your eyes say it

But when your eyes say it
That's when I know that it's true
I feel it
I feel the love coming through
I know it
I know that you truly care for me
'Cause it's there to see
When your eyes tell me
I know they're not tellin' lies
They tell me
All that you're feelin' inside
And it sounds so right
When your eyes say it
 
I couldn't wipe the tears that had fallen away in time, knowing that Kohaku, Kaede and Sesshomaru were able to see my moment of weakness, the moment that my memories had seeped forward to reveal its ugly head. I felt like throwing something at the glass, preferably at the exact spot the Sesshomaru was sitting at so he would be hit by it.
 
But I knew that I couldn't. It would be rude. Like I give a fuck.
 
I sighed, staying standing where I was.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Hope this chapter was long enough for you all. It was… interesting would be one way to describe it… to try and get out. I don't know. It took a little longer than I hoped it would.
 
Anyway, please read and review and let me know what you think. I'm seriously interested to hear from those that like the last `Dear Diary' and see which one you enjoyed the most. I don't know.
 
Just review please.
 
Cheers guys.
 
Angel_from_hell_17