InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Sporting Change ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear Diary
 
Chapter 3 - Sporting Change
 
This is my own original fanfic, though it was under my other username. Stupid me forgot the password so I can't access it anymore to upload more chapters. So I started again and tried to make it more interesting and make more fricking sense. (I couldn't even understand the damn thing and I wrote the bastard)
The great goddess Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha and all the characters associated with him. I just have the fun of twisting the characters around my pinkie. LOL. Natalie Bassingthwaighte sings `Someday Soon' as well
 
Hint for reading the story, anything in italic black is Kagome writing in her diary. “Talking” and `thinking' are seen as this and Kagome or someone singing will be a different colour and in italic as well. Hope this helps with the reading.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Dear Diary,
Shit I wish I could get it out of my head. That fucking song brought back all those goddamn memories that had been successfully hidden. Why the fuck did they have to be brought back up? Why couldn't the past just stay buried in the fucking past? It would make life so much easier for every fucking body.
It took me a while to get out of that room, away from the prying eyes of Sesshomaru. He had been watching me with interest through the whole of my song, watching as the tears fell and slide down my face. I couldn't picture what I looked like with my eyes closed, but I knew that when I opened them, the room would probably be empty.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
And I was right.
 
Opening my eyes, I saw that everyone had already left, leaving the room so I could have my piece. In a way, I was thankful for that, though in another, I wished that Kohaku had at least stayed. He would have been able to calm me down. He would have been able to give me a hug, make the memories go away.
 
But the fucking prick had left already.
 
Growling to myself, I wiped my eyes, leaving the studio after I put back the music. It was a silent trek back to my dressing room, my eyes never leaving the ground in front of my shoes. It was interesting to watch the changes in tiles, the change from carpet to tiles. Something that I wouldn't normally notice.
 
My room was near silence when I got there, the light buzzing of the heater being the only sound that could be heard. It was a little unnerving, but I didn't give a shit right there and then. I just wanted to get away from here now.
 
Wiping the stray tears from my face, I grabbed my bag, making sure that my phone, iPod and wallet were in there before I threw it over mu\y shoulder and walked out, not even bothering to look around as I walked into the hall. Maybe I should have, though I know that I probably wouldn't have bothered to walk out if I did.
 
Sesshomaru was standing in the hall, leaning against the wall opposite to my dressing room door. His foot was flat against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest as his chin rested on his chest. His hair was flopped forward, creating a curtain of silver around himself. It was almost like he was an angel or something, surrounded in such innocent looking colours. Normally, I would have stopped and stared for a little, fascinated by a man that could look like that.
 
But Sesshomaru was a different story. He scared me something fierce and it took all the willpower that I had to not slam the door and lock myself in the room. No. I was going to be the adult that he couldn't be, closing the door gently behind me and walking away with my head held high. Each step that I took further away from him, I could feel his eyes scrutinizing me, the hairs on the back of my neck rising.
 
Hearing him chuckle next to me, I whipped around, lashing out suddenly at his sudden closeness. I landed a bow, the back of my hand and the side of his arm colliding together. I screamed slightly, out of shock more than anything else, as I realised how close he really was.
 
“Fuck off Sesshomaru,” I scream, taking several steps backward as I got ready to bolt down the hallway in front of me, “just fuck off already.”
 
“This Sesshomaru just came to see if you were safe little miko,” he sneers, his eyes narrowing to slits as he looks over me quickly, “though if you are going to be like this all the time than this Sesshomaru will leave.”
 
“Just fuck off,” I sob, closing my eyes and trying my hardest to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall suddenly, “fuck off.”
 
I bolted down the hall quickly, not bothering to open my eyes or look and see if anyone was in front of me. I heard Kaede and Kohaku calling out to me, their voices filled with worry and sorrow as I sped past them, heading out to the car park. The doors opened for me, Dan standing on the other side. He was the unlucky one that I barrelled into, catching me against his chest without flinching. His arms closed around me swiftly, allowing me to burry my face in his chest as he picked me up gently, carrying me to the car and putting me in my normal seat. He hurried over to the driver's side and gunned the engine just as Sesshomaru stepped outside, watching as Dan sped off. I could see him shaking his head as he saw me in the car, a puff of smoke proving that he had sighed at us before we were gone.
 
O.o O.o O.o
 
Somehow Dan had calmed me down, driving in circles as we neared the shrine. It wasn't that I didn't want to go home, I just didn't want Mama or Souta to see me like this. They both thought that I was the strong little warrior that never shed a tear. And around them I didn't. So I didn't want to reck my hard earned reputation.
 
Dan flicked through the radio channels, trying to find something that would cheer us both up. Though he didn't say anything about it, I knew he hated it when I was upset. He was always trying to make me happy again, and he always succeeded.
 
But today, he needed to be cheered up as much as I did.
 
His fight with Sesshomaru wasn't being mentioned, and neither was the bruise that was up and coming on his cheek. My guess is that they had a real brawl, though Dan wasn't about to admit to it.
 
“And here is one of the famous hit singles that Higurashi Kagome has released this year,” yelled the radio host into the mike, fake clapping being heard straight afterward.
 
I groaned, listening to the beginning of one of my songs.
 
“How is it that everyone loves this song?” I groan, covering my flaming cheeks with my hands as I shook my head, “I don't even know what I was on when I wrote the fucking thing.”
 
“It is catchy Lady Kagome,” he laughs, bopping his head along to the beat as it reached the chorus.
 
Someday soon
You're gonna catch that dream you've been chasing
Someday soon
They're gonna write your name in the sky
All you need is just to believe it
You know you're my hero
You're gonna be a star tonight
 
I laughed, listening to Dan's singing. He had a deep voice, defiantly not something that I would have tried doing for any of my songs. I couldn't go deep but high pitched was my specialty.
 
Take a step
One moment
Closer to the magic
It's just one heartbeat away
Don't give up
Embrace it
Breathe it in
Believe it
You know the way
 
Dan pulled up in front of a store as the song reached its end, turning off the engine suddenly. He looks at me, waggling his eyebrows before opening his door and sticking a foot out.
 
“What are you doing Dan?”
 
“Aren't you going to get the normal junk for Master Souta's soccer match tonight?” he asks me, turning back to me with a slight frown, “you normally have to remind me but I remembered today.”
 
“At least one of us did,” I sigh, looking in the back of the car with a quick glimpse, “give me a sec to at least get out of this fucking uniform. God only knows how many pap's are hanging around here.”
 
“Good point,” he replies, getting out and closing the door to give me a little privacy.
 
I climbed into the back carefully, knowing that someone would notice something if the car moved while Dan wasn't in it. The car windows were tinted enough that I didn't need to worry about anyone peeking in while I was changing, and I had learned a long time ago to keep a spare set of clothes in the back.
 
Unbuttoning the school shirt with on hand, I rummaged around under Dan's chair for the little suitcase bag. It was the one that stored the clothes in it, so I was right. Eventually finding it, I dragged it up to the chair next to me and shrugged off the school shirt before slipping a black button-up shirt up my arms. Buttons were done up and the school's skanky uniform skirt was replaced with a denim skirt that didn't reveal the world when you bent over.
 
`But just in case,' I thought to myself as I pulled on tights underneath, not wanting the media to publicise the underwear that I was wearing if they happened to get a snap of the fucking things.
 
Happy with what I was wearing, I stashed the bag back under the chair, knocking on the window so Dan could open the door for me as I pulled on my black shoes again. He smiled at me, offering his hand to help me out as I stepped out. I smiled back at him, wiggling my eyebrows at his slightly to get him laughing again.
 
He walked beside me, always ready to pounce on anyone that got too close. Hurrying into the shop, I went straight to the back, grabbing a handful of chocolate blocks and some of the bottles of `V' that my brother and his team loved so much. I guess that I could agree a little, though I didn't even get half the buzz that he did. Must have been something to do with the blood heading to his head.
 
I snickered to myself, grabbing Dan and myself a normal drink before heading up to the counter to pay. A young girl was behind the counter, rubbing her eyes vigorously as she saw me.
 
“Can you get Rang for me please?” I asked, voice dripping with fake sweetness as I began piling my stuff on the counter.
 
She nodded before running off, obviously thinking that something might come from it. I heard her exclaim loudly in the office that I was at her counter, shrieking slightly before being cut off. Rang came out a few seconds later, a warm smile on her face.
 
“I suppose that I should know better than to leave the young ones at the counter at this time, shouldn't I?” she chirped at me, bowing slightly before scanning my items. “Last game for the season tonight?”
 
“You should,” I replied, grinning evilly, “and it's the semi final tonight. Gotta keep them all energized and such.”
 
“they'll be doing cartwheels and stuff by just looking at this stuff tonight,” she replied, tyring to tease me about how much I had there, “and you two will finally be joining them.”
 
“What you talking about?” Dan grins at her, scooping up the bags that had already been packed, “We are the ones that eat healthy. We would never join those little rascals.”
 
I sneezed out suddenly, earning a look from Rang. “Sorry Dan, but I think I'm allergic to your bullshit.”
 
I ran from the store, throwing the money on the counter top as Dan thought about it for a second, Rang already on the floor in fits of laughter. I always made her job interesting, coming up with smart arse comments like that and bolting for it before Dan figured out what I said.
 
But, then again, normally I would have to wait at the car for him.
 
He came out a few seconds later, nose in the air as he came to the car, pretending to ignore me. He unlocked the car and stuffed our small hall in the back before climbing in the front. I climbed in as well, grinning at him as he continued to try ignoring me.
 
“Come on Dan,” I mutter, sitting awkwardly in my chair so I could face him, my grin slowly fading, “you know that I was joking.”
 
“I know Kagome,” he sighs, hand reaching for my shoulder and squeezing it lightly before drawing it back to the steering wheel, “but you need to stop running from me. Anything could have happened if you had gotten too far away. Then Lady Higurashi would have my head on a platter.”
 
“True enough,” I whispered, turning back to face the front and falling silent. There was nothing to say between the two of us, both turning away from the other and sitting in silence until we reached the shrine.
 
Dan stopped at the bottom of the stairs, letting me get out quickly with my school bag and the bags filled with Souta's teams' stuff. Normally, Dan would have at least walked me up the stairs, but today he just drove off, heading to one of the sheds that were reserved for the cars. Dan lives on the shrine grounds, just a little away from our own house. Mama had tried persuading him to just move into our spare guest room when he first started working for us, and when he right out refused, she had a small house built just to the left so that he was always close.
 
I had paid for the fucking thing of course.
 
But having Dan around all the time was totally worth it.
 
Sighing to myself, I went up the stairs slowly, counting them like I did when I was bored.
 
50
 
51
 
52
 
53
 
54
 
55
 
56
 
57
 
58
 
59
 
60
 
Finally reached the fucking top.
 
The light was on in the kitchen (even though it was only late afternoon) meaning that Mama was already getting dinner ready. Probably wanting for the rest of us to eat before we all headed off to Souta's match. Souta was in the front yard, doing drills for his soccer game later. He was the team captain and was so very proud of himself for earning the title. He was the one that got the whole team motivated, telling them that the drinks and stuff were from him and not me.
 
That was annoying.
 
“Hey sis,” he calls over the gap, waving at me quickly before doing his drills again.
 
I laughed at him before heading inside, taking my shoes off at the door. Mama called out to me from the kitchen, asking me to go help her set the table and get it ready for an early dinner. I called back, letting her know that I would be there in a minute.
 
“Did you go and get more stuff for your brother's game?” Mama asks, passing me an apron before handing me some of the vegetables to wash, “you do know that they are only really looking forward to your goodies each week?”
 
“that's cool,” I laugh, turning the tab on and lightly scrubbing the potato in the sink, “it means that I'm always gonna have someone there to talk to. Someone that doesn't wanna know me just because of my famousness.”
 
“People like talking to you for who you are Kagome,” she replies, eyes never leaving the onion in front of her, “it is just that they are enthralled by the spotlight and think that they can get their thirty seconds of fame that they think follow them when they are your `friends'.”
 
I hated it when Mama could hit the nail on the head like that.
 
O.o O.o O.o
 
We ate a small meal, no one really hungry at the time that we were eating. Souta wanted us all to get there early, for us all to have to suffer for an hour as his team trained under his command. I laughed at him, telling him to get real cause none of his players would be there anywhere near that early. Mama just smiled and agreed to take us that early, quickly ringing Kohaku and Kaede to invite them along with us to the game.
 
Dan was already parked around the front as we all walked out of the shrine, a smaller and less obvious car this time. Mama and Gramps didn't like driving around in the limo so we had another, smaller car. It barely fitted everyone in and more often than not I would have to sit in the middle with Souta and Dan's arms wrapped around me in some way, shape or form.
 
Today was one of those examples
 
Souta was to the right of me, squashing himself with the giant bag of shit for the game that he had to keep with him. Dan was to my right; arm wrapped around my waist was I was angled towards Souta. My knees were bumping Souta's and my head was resting against Dan's shoulder. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable position that any of us had been in… but anyway.
 
Souta was trying his hardest not to laugh at the awkwardness that was radiating from Dan and myself.
 
I death glared him. At least I did the best I could whilst hiding the blush that was currently renting and living on my cheeks.
 
Dan just chuckled at us both, hand resting lightly against my hip.
 
His breath was fanning lightly against my cheek, my hair brushing past with the breeze. It sent a shiver down my spine, though, thankfully, the car stopped then and we all tumbled out, gasping for the fresh air.
 
Or I was anyway.
 
Souta was already running off to the field that he and his team normally occupied, waving frantically to the players that were there already. I smiled to myself, knowing he would rub being wrong in my face after the game. But for now, he was distracted by throwing the different shirts at all his people, puling the soccer balls out of the drawstring bag they were in and throwing them out before running out and doing some drills with his team.
 
“Souta-sama is a good player,” Dan mutters beside me, hoisting my backpack filled with goodies over his shoulder as we slowly walked over to the field, “and he may get somewhere with this.”
 
“I hope so,” I muttered under my breath, knowing that he would be able to hear me, “because I really don't want to be the only one that gets all the attention. I may act like I love it, but every now and then, I need a fucking break so I can breath.”
 
“Talk to Kaede-chan,” he chirps lowly, not wanting anyone to overhear our conversation, “she may be able to do more than others think.”
 
“And that's the part that scares me,” I reply truthfully, plonking myself on the grass next to the goal post, waiting for Souta to ask me to be goalie for a while like he sometimes did, “I don't know if I want to ask Kaede about leaving. I don't know how she will take it, even though she has always supported me in whatever it was that I did.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Hope you are all liking the story so far. Hopefully it'll egt more interesting and more productive over the next little while cause everything is pretty much hit the pins top and refuses to move. But that's a good thing.
 
Read and review please
 
Angel_from_hell_17