InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Trusting Those You Don't ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear Diary
 
Chapter 5 - Trusting Those You Don't
 
This is my own original fanfic, though it was under my other username. Stupid me forgot the password so I can't access it anymore to upload more chapters. So I started again and tried to make it more interesting and make more fricking sense. (I couldn't even understand the damn thing and I wrote the bastard)
The great goddess Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha and all the characters associated with him. I just have the fun of twisting the characters around my pinkie. LOL.
 
Hint for reading the story, anything in italic black is Kagome writing in her diary. “Talking” and `thinking' are seen as this and Kagome or someone singing will be a different colour and in italic as well. Hope this helps with the reading.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Dear Diary,
Why did I suddenly feel safe? In the car, with Sesshomaru, I felt as though the world couldn't have touched me. Even if it tried. Something about him is making me feel safe around him, even though it was he that threatened me earlier in the day.
How the fuck does that work?
Mama and Souta were glad to see me home safely, thanking Sesshomaru until I was sure that his ears were about to turn blue and drop off. Sesshomaru (of course, being the cool fuck that he was) just waved off the thanks and bowed respectfully, saying that he would see me later. Dan was purple in the face, trying his hardest not to say anything.
Sesshomaru walked past him on the way out and they both growled.
Something between those two…
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Sleep was first on my agenda, though when Dan dragged me upstairs I knew that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon.
 
“What the fuck were you thinking?” he almost screamed as he closed the door behind us, the little click notifying me that he had locked the door, “what the fuck were you thinking Kagome? Jumping out of the car like that. Without me. How the fuck am I supposed to protect you if you do something stupid like that?”
 
“Dan,” I laugh, silently worrying why he had locked the door, “don't worry. Kaede-sama called Sesshomaru once she heard that I had run from the car. He came, found me, and bought me home. See, not a scratch on me.”
 
I spun around to prove my point.
 
“Yeah,” he sneered, staring out the window into the darkness, “I can tell you were with the fucker. You have his fucking muttermuttermutter.”
 
“Get the fuck over it Dan,” I reply calmly, heading to the door with my back to him, “he bought me home and I'm safe. That's all you should give a fuck about.”
 
The door was literally locked, tightly too. Jingling the doorknob, I sighed before heading back to Dan and sticking my hand out.
 
“Give me the fucking key Dan,” I sneer, my patience wearing oh so thin, “this isn't a fucking game.”
 
“Your right,” he sneers in reply, staring down his nose at me, “this isn't a fucking game. This is life. This is the life that you chose. You can't get in a fucking car with a youkai. Kami only knows what the fuck would fucking happen to you. I bet you would so love to be kidnapped. Maybe then you would learn.”
 
“Fuck you Dan,” I chirp happily from the window, opening it swiftly before jumping through it and walking on the rooftop carefully, “but you can stay in my room for as long as you need. Just unlock the door for later. Kay?”
 
I jump off the edge, landing on the ground with practised ease. I did this when I needed time to myself, though there were times that I had hurt myself. It was one of my favourite escape routes that were now no real secret.
 
I heard Dan calling to me from the window, unable to see me from where I was crouching. My dark clothes were perfect for this sort of stuff and right now, I wouldn't have traded them for the world.
 
Something hit me as I crouched there, something that Dan had said.
 
What the fuck was a youkai?
 
Mama's laughter was floating through the kitchen window, a low chuckle following it slowly. Sesshomaru's convertible was still at the bottom of the shrine stairs, meaning that he was the one in the kitchen with Mama.
 
I thought he left already?
 
Shrugging to myself, I started off towards the kitchen. I reached the corner of the house when I heard Dan sneering at Sesshomaru, asking him to step outside for a minute so they could have a chat. It didn't sound appealing to me, yet I heard a chair scrape against the floor and the door opening a second later.
 
Dan walked out first, making sure that he had taken a fair few steps away from the house. Probably not wanting Mama to listen to what they were about to talk about. Sesshomaru followed slowly, his steps never changing length. Dan stopped at an intersection between two trees, probably thinking that it was the best spot to try talking to Sesshomaru at.
 
I didn't see the difference between there and anywhere else.
 
“I thought you left already,” Dan sneers, arms behind his back.
 
“This Sesshomaru chooses when he leaves,” Sesshomaru bites back, arms crossing over his chest, “and no prompting from a lesser inu will cause me to hurry.”
 
“I should have known better than to leave you to walk off the grounds by yourself,” Dan replies, facing Sesshomaru with clenched fists, “but I want to make one thing clear.”
 
“What's that?”
 
“Stay away from my mate!”
 
“What?!” Sesshomaru bites back, his eyebrows crumpling together slightly.
 
“I said stay away from my mate.”
 
“She is no one's mate Dan,” Sesshomaru roars, making me cringe slightly, “she is a child. A miko child none the less. There is no way that she is ready for such things. ”
 
“She will be ripe in a few months,” Dan sneers in reply, jumping at Sesshomaru suddenly, but missing and sprawling out on the ground where Sesshomaru had previously been standing, “and I intend to mark her then.”
 
“She will not be marked by the likes of you,” Sesshomaru sneers, jumping at Dan and pinning him to the dirt, “this Sesshomaru will make sure of that.”
 
“Of course,” Dan sneers, trying to buck Sesshomaru off without any success, “the great son of Inu-no-Tashio, Sesshomaru, current Lord of the Western Lands, grows protective of yet another human bitch. What happened to the last one Sesshomaru? Refresh my memory.”
 
“You know exactly what happened to her,” Sesshomaru roars again, arm clamping down tightly over Dan's throat, making him splutter and cough suddenly, “you were there when she was murdered. You helped murder her. You shouldn't be still breathing yet by sheer luck you are.”
 
“No,” Dan gasps out in reply, “it isn't luck. If it were then I would be ruling the West instead of you. The great Lord Sesshomaru was supposed to die with his loving mate.”
 
“Do you even realise what the fuck you two are fighting about?” I scream from where I was standing, successfully gaining their full attention with my sudden abruptness, “marking? Inu-no-Tashio? Mate? Murder? Western Lord? Are you both fucking off your tree's?”
 
“This doesn't concern you Kagome,” Sesshomaru sneers, his attention returned to Dan who was yet to be released from the suffocating hold, “go back inside. This Sesshomaru and Dan have some things to discuss.”
 
“Ah,” I reply, walking closer to them in tiny steps, “but that's where you're wrong Sesshomaru. I know your talking about me, unless you know another miko child around here.”
 
“Stay out of this Kagome,” he roared, his back shaking suddenly, “you don't want to get mixed in this.”
 
Something happened next, but I cannot remember anything.
 
O.o O.o O.o
 
Waking up in bed was the next thing that I remember, my head aching so badly. I groaned and grabbed my head, wanting for everything to stop spinning. If it was like this when I stood still then I sooooo, didn't want to open my eyes and try taking a step.
 
I heard feet shuffling around on the floor near me, my eyes bolting open before I hissed in pain and screwed them shut again. Groaning in pain, I reached for something, hopefully my blanket, to pull over my head. I head a giggle from beside me before I felt my blanket pressed to my hand, clutching it and pulling it over the top of my head. I rolled over slightly, trying to stop the spinning that my head was doing. It was making me dizzy and I really wanted to throw up.
 
“Feeling pretty bad,” I heard from beside me, the voice sounding vaguely familiar, “aren't you Kagome?”
 
I nodded, and then groaned as my head spun with new force.
 
“Here,” the voice spoke softly, pushing something into my hand softly, “this will help you calm down. Meditate and clam yourself with this.”
 
Moving my fingers around the object in my hand, I tried to visualise what it would have looked like. It was a necklace, little beads hanging right around the string. In the centre, well, I think it was the centre anyway, was some kind of large jewel, roughly the size of two of my fingers when they were curled up. It was cool to touch, the surface as smooth as anything I had ever felt.
 
“Sleep,” the unknown voice urged me, lightly touching my forehead through the blanket.
 
I did.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Sorry if this chapter confuses some of you. it pretty much just explains why Sesshomaru and Dan absolutely loath each other. And that Kagome is slowly gaining sense of what the hell's going on around her
 
Read and review please
 
Angel_from_hell_17