InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ Silence and Gold ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I COMPLETELY appreciate all the reviews you guys gave me^^ I'm so close to a hundred! ^^ (well, I like nice ones better than flames^^')

I think I'll faint if I do reach that though. . .

That'll be fun. I've never fainted before^^

Anyway. . . who would like Sumi, Hebi, and Maverick to show up in another ficcy of mine?

TOO BAD~ I'm doing it anyways. . .

Sooner or later. . . (yeah. . .)

~*~

Do You Love Me?

Chapter Fifteen (damn, that far already???)

Silence and Gold

By: bs~

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" Inuyasha snarled. Kouga bared his fangs.

"Believe it Inu-kurro! That's what happened." He snarled scathingly. Shippou rolled his eyes.

"I think that I'm more mature than you guys, no matter our ages." He added, looking intently at the fight that was about to break out.

Tension was high in the room, and so were tempers.

Too bad Shippou got on the bad side of both youkais who fit into the latter.

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~" he screeched as he practically flew out of the room, dodging the blows Kouga and Inuyasha were aiming for him.

"Now back to the matter at hand." Sesshoumaru spoke from the corner. Inuyasha and Kouga snarled once more at the closed door, before resuming their positions leaning against the walls adjacent to each other. "So the Shikon has, indeed, become more tainted?" he directed at Kouga.

The wolf nodded in reply and reached into a pocket on his jacket. Pulling out the Shikon no Tama, he handed it gingerly to Sesshoumaru, who in turn, held it up and inspected it.

"And I get weird feelings everytime it touches my bare skin." Kouga added, looking curiously at Sesshoumaru. "Do you?"

Sesshoumaru nodded, frowning. What on earth had the Shikon come in contact with that had caused it to turn such a shade of dark red? It was almost like the color of blood.

"Are you sure no one else has had contact with it?" Inuyasha asked.

"Positive."

"Completely? No doubts? None whatsoeve - ?"

"That's enough Inuyasha." Sesshoumaru admonished. "Where's Kagome?" he added, almost as an afterthought.

"Sango's taken her out to do the `girl thing'." Miroku said as he entered the room suddenly, causing Kouga to fall over in surprise.

"Stupid wolf." Inuyasha scoffed.

"Shut up." Sesshoumaru said before insults could be traded. "Why the HELL would she do something like that? She's KNOWS it isn't safe."

Miroku nodded. "But that's not the worst part." And he grimaced. "They've got Rei."

^.~

"What do we do now?" Kagome hissed.

"Hope Miroku wakes up soon enough." Sango whispered back, rocking Rei soothingly. She had a sword strapped on her back, and was watching the cave entrance warily. They had to be suspcious of ANY noise.

When the bees had formed a massive swarm and attacked the baby stroller, Sango and Kagome had run for it. But not before they saw what the bees were doing.

It was eating at the metal and cloth contraption with some sort of acid it was spraying. The stroller had already half-dissolved as Sango and Kagome dove into the cave.

Sango was lucky she had grabbed Rei seconds before, as well as the sword strapped underneath the board.

"Were they able to. . . do that before?" Kagome asked after a period of silence. Sango shook her head.

"I told you. They've been evolving. It's really disturbing exactly how far they are. They have MEMORIZED our scents. And they follow us around when they know we are unarmed." Sango's voice shook a little, but she regained her calm composure, or at least faked it, when Rei started wailing. "Sh. . . Sh. . . it's alright." She spoke soothingly to her daughter. Seeing Kagome's confused expression, she answered the unasked question. "She can sense if I'm distraught or not. That's what I get for marrying a priest."

Kagome smiled. It was rather cute. Seeing Sango comfort her daughter like that. Rei had her mother's raven black hair, instead of her father's tinged blue strands. Her eyes, however, were a shining violet, courtesy of her father. "She'll be the one the boys' fight over when she gets to be a teen." Kagome remarked.

Sango nodded, her face beaming. "Yeah. . . but let's hope she doesn't take after that damned lecher."

And it would have been a sweet moment, if the bees had not suddenly entered the cave.

^.~

"Which direction?" Miroku asked, stopping to turn around and face the youkais. Inuyasha pointed to the left.

"That way? You turd! It's this way!" Kouga snarled, pointing to the right.

"No, you are BOTH incorrect. It is that way." Sesshoumaru spoke, pointing directly ahead. As they fought, Miroku sighed.

Those damned canines and their inflated egos.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled, slamming his staff into the ground for effect. "Kagome, Sango, and Rei are all in grave danger. We do NOT - " he glared at Kouga and Inuyasha, who looked ashamed, "- to be wasting time like this! Shall we separate?"

"I'm going that way." Inuyasha growled, pointing to the left.

"And I this way." Kouga snarled back, matching his glare.

Sesshoumaru growled in frustration and started walking straight ahead. Miroku looked puzzled as to which one he should follow.

Turning around, he quickly chased after Sesshoumaru.

Inuyasha would be ragging on Kouga while walking and Kouga would be doing the same thing.

Sesshoumaru, on the other hand, felt talking was an unnecessary action.

^.~

"Kagome," Sango glowered, "I want you to think about your answer VERY carefully." She growled. Kagome nodded meekly. "Why the HELL do you carry bug spray around in your purse?" Sango asked, bursting out laughing.

Kagome smiled meekly. "I really don't know. It's just some paranoia I've had since I met Naraku."

Heaving her chest with laughter, Sango collapsed to the ground, holding her stomach, unable to stand any longer. "You - snort - idiot! What - ahahahah - kind of person would - snort - carry that - hahahah - extra large - bwhahaha - can of bug spray around?"

Rei sat there cutely, watching her mother with a confused face, but soon started burbling coos of happiness. Kagome couldn't help but laugh too.

Rolling on the ground, with Rei watching them, was how Sesshoumaru and Miroku found them.

^.~

"I hate you." Sumi started, but was soon cut off as Hebi gave her a menacing glare.

"Excuse her. She did not want to be here." Hebi said, sugar coating her words, as she yanked hard on the chain on Sumi's neck. Tripping forward, Sumi gave no words of protest, only a glare in Hebi's direction.

Hebi shrugged it off and turned back to the man. "So, will that be 500,000 yen?" (I'm not sure how much that is. . . a lot or cheap? Well. . . I was trying to get it across around. . . oh say. . . 10,000 dollars? I'm not really sure how the money system works in Japan. . . so. . . .)

"She's worth that much?" he asked hesitantly, looking Sumi over. Handing the money over, he quickly took the chain that led to the ring of iron on Sumi's neck and grinned. "Well. . . might as get my money's worth outta you."

Hebi's smiled wavered a little. Maverick was going to KILL her. . . .

As the man strode off, Sumi in tow, Hebi sighed and disappeared in a blue flash. . .

^.~

"What is wrong with the both of you?" Kagome asked, glancing uncertainly from Sesshoumaru's face to Miroku's.

"There is something in our prescene. Something that is not welcome." Sesshoumaru growled, steadily turning around, as if looking for the said `something'.

"FOUND YOU!" Inuyasha yelled as he leapt out of a tree, landing himself right in front of Sango.

"I DID FIRST!" Kouga yelled as he slammed into a tree as a last minute attempt to stop himself. Inuyasha snarled.

"YOU WISH!"

"HAVE YOU NO SENSES YOU MUNDANE FOOL?" Kouga snarled right back.

Sango sighed.

Miroku sighed.

Kagome sighed.

Sesshoumaru twitched spastically.

Shippou sighed. Wait. . . where did he come from? "Shippou?" Kagome said, cocking her head slightly to the right.

Inuyasha sneaked a glimpse. Gods. . . she looked adorable like that. He was roused from his thoughts when Kouga "accidentally" smacked him on the head while he was walking by.

"Oops." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Asshole."

"Idiots." Sesshoumaru snarled. "Let's get out of here. But first, where is the can?"

Inuyasha and Kouga sweatdropped. "Uh. . . Sesshoumaru. . . what did you just say?" Kouga asked meekly.

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes pointedly and glared at Kouga. "Despicable scum. The bug spray."

"Oh." Inuyasha eyes widened in understanding. That had scared him for a second. . . Sesshoumaru asking where the can was. . .

Spooky.

"I always carry an extra large around!" Kagome pipped cheerily. She was a bit unnerved, however, by the stares she got.

". . . why?"

Kagome furrowed her eyebrows in contempt at Inuyasha. "After seeing talking fleas and spiderheads, I figured it's better safe than sorry!"

Inuyasha did an anime fall. ". . . that still doesn't really explain it. . ."

^.~

As Hebi appeared, Maverick turned his back on Inuyasha and snarled at her. "Where the HELL did Sumi go?"

Inuyasha barked. "HEY! We're FIGHTING here if you didn't notice!"

"Go back to your little fight!" Hebi said sweetly, motioning her hand with a `shoo' gesture. Growling, Maverick turned back.

Swinging his ax at the ground in a swift motion, much faster than Inuyasha had thought he could wield with its extremely heavy weight, since it seemed to be made out of a heavy iron or something similar.

As the enormous ax hit the ground, a crack started spreading from it. The ground crumbled and it started heading straight for Inuyasha.

He leapt out of the way in time, but noticed that Maverick had already struck the ground again at least three times, in various areas. He had to be picky about where he landed.

Then Inuyasha realized something. They weren't random spots he was hitting. They were all headed for the tree he was on!

"SHIT!" and he leapt away, running as fast as he could. Since the tree was falling. . . and its shadow was looming over him.

Maverick smiled, watching this. "That mutt doesn't stand a chance."

Hebi `hmph'ed. "You don't have to take it out on him just because you're jealous."

Maverick scoffed.

"Jealous? Hah! Jealous of Sumi? Why the HELL would I be jealous of HER?" he leered.

Hebi only grinned. "Whoever said that you were jealous of Sumi?" Maverick scowled, pissed off that she had drawn that answer out of him. "I sure as hell didn't."

"Shut up. We still have to finish our mission. THEN we can talk about the bitch." He snarled, when he noticed that she was about to comment. Nodding, she followed him as they poofed. (cute word)

^.~

As he roughly pulled the chain off of her neck, Sumi immediately backed herself into the corner of the room. Listening carefully, she noted that there was no one out there for at least ten miles. Damn. . . this wasn't good. . . Well, it WAS night time. . . what did she expect? It was sorta his fault. . . making them walk all this way.

"So. . . bitch." He asked casually, as he set some water onto the fire burning in the center of the hut. "Why are ya so costly?"

Sumi snorted, and drew her knees up. "Because they need money. . . those greedy assholes."

Raising an eyebrow, the man did not say a word, and only went back to tend whatever he was cooking.

After awhile, Sumi's head started drooping. Her eyelids were getting so heavy and she couldn't resist closing them for a second, and leaned her head against the wall. Mm. . . so comfy.

The pillow was really soft and the blankets were - Wait.

Pillow? Blanket? Snapping her eyes open, she found herself in the bed. Looking towards the window, she saw dim rays of sunlight coming through the cloth that had been placed over it. Quickly pulling off the blankets that were on her, she sighed, seeing that she was still wearing all her clothes.

Sliding out of the bed, she quietly treded towards the door. As she placed a hand on the door's handle, she heard a loud `thump'. Turning around slowly, she came face to face with the man. "Where the HELL do you think you're going?" he growled.

^.~

"So. . ." Kagome started, breaking the silence that hovered over the group. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru had quit talking awhile ago. Inuyasha was lingering behind and Sesshoumaru leading. Kouga was walking steadily by Kagome. Miroku was helping Sango walk.

But no one answered her `so'. "Why are you guys not answering my questions?" Kagome tried again. No answer. Kagome's eyes shifted to the side and caught Sango about to talk, but to be motioned by Miroku to not talk.

"I quit." Kagome started again, but this time she turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. Inuyasha grabbed her arm as she walked by.

"Quit what?" he asked softly.

"This!" Kagome yelled, still with her back to everyone. She yanked her arm back and started walking again. "And don't worry about me! I've still got bug spray."

"Where are you going?" Sango asked.

"To someone who will ANWER my questions!" Kagome yelled.

"And who might that be?" Kouga started walking towards her, but a menacing glare from Inuyasha stopped him in his tracks.

Kagome only turned to give Inuyasha a look. It was so bad. Her face showed hurt and betrayal. It showed anger, depression. . . but most of all. . .

Hate.

^.~

Sumi sulked in `her corner' once more. Watching the man warily with her eyes half shut, he walked over and kneeled down, gazing at her.

"What?" she snapped after a few minutes.

Grinning, all he did was set a bowl of food down in front of her. "Eat. We still have LONG way to walk."

Scowling, Sumi gingerly picked up the bowl and sniffed it. She didn't detect any poisons or anything but. . . why the hell was he being so. . . nice?

Looking up, she noticed that he was watching her out of the corner of his eye. "It isn't poisoned. I don't want to carry you the whole way." He spoke as he began packing up. Noticing that he was taking the blankets, pillows, etc, she spoke.

"Did you put me in the bed?"

"Yeah, but I didn't do anything. . . inappropriate if that's what you're thinking."

"Mhpm. . ." Sumi mumbled, already chowing down the food. The man stopped for a minute and stared before going back to packing up, with widened eyes. . . "I didn't know anyone could eat so fast. . ."

"More please~" she chirped. The man stopped the pretense of packing away and just stared at her.

"S-sure. . ." and took the bowl, going to get more. "You can get as much as you want. . . I'm going outside for a minute. . ." he said drifting off. . . she wasn't even paying any attention to him. . . She had already given herself another bowl and was greedily downing the contents. . .

She could eat. . . the man sighed as he began walking towards the woods. "At least I know she doesn't starve herself. . ." he mumbled to himself.

"Yes. But is she in there by herself?" another voice questioned.

"Yeah." The man shrugged. "Why? Is that a problem or something?"

"You musn't let the girl get away."

"I know Naraku, I know."

^.~

As Maverick stepped closer to Hebi, she smiled nervously and took a few steps back.

Step.

Scooch.

Scooch.


Step. "Hebi!" he finally growled, tired of their `dance'.

"What?" she asked. Maverick could have sweatdropped. In the tone she was talking, he could practically see the halo hovering above her head.

"Where the HELL is Sumi?"

"Oh. . . I sold her!"

"YOU WHAT?"

~*~

AN: Confused?

^^

As I've said, this story is my main priority now and it doesn't seem to want to end. . .


I swear, it writes itself. I had planned for it to be a two-three chapter fic.

Now look what number I'm at.

I never planned for Rin and the ceremony. I never planned for Sumi to come in. I never planned for Hebi and Maverick to come in. I never planned for the Sumi/Maverick relationship. I never actually planned for future Rin. I never planned for future Sango and Miroku. I never planned on `Rei'. Heheh. .. that's a plot hole I gotta fix -.-; I never planned for Kouga. I never planned for the Shikon to make a reappearance. I never planned for the subplot that is happening. I never planned for Naraku's insects. I never planned for Sumi to be sold. . .

See, this story writes itself.

And it still hasn't told me how to end it. . .

Well, I know the ending, but this story doesn't seem to like it, because it won't END!

-.-; Am I making any sense?

Well. . . plan on more than three chapters. Forget what I said about this story coming to a close.

I lied.

Yet again.

Eheh. . . . who has a xanga?

I do!

My name's insert_very_sarcastic_name_here

^^

So many Inuyasha links it's not even funny. . .and the pictures. . .my god. . .

^^

tata~ bs~