InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dog and Dragon ❯ Little Assassin ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They had made it back to the castle just in time to properly welcome the heir to the West into the world. Muck from the swampland they had trekked through still clung to the Dog Lord’s hakama as he held his son in his arms, gently running his thumb over the moon on his forehead.

“He has taken after his mother,” the Dog said with a smirk.

The Dragon approached father and son, tentatively looking over his friend’s shoulder and at the newborn heir. Ryuukotsusei’s eyes went wide as his friend turned around and deposited the pup into his arms. Dragon and pup looked appraisingly at each other for a few moments, after which the pup reached up and grazed the Dragon’s neck with his sharp little claws.

The few nursemaids in the room gasped, but the Lady of the West leaned back and laughed to herself. A small trickle of blood trailed down into Ryuukotsusei’s kosode.

“He’s an assassin,” Ryuukotsusei said, wiping the blood from his neck. “Even so soon after birth.”

“So he is,” the Inu no Taisho said, giving a laugh as his son reached out to tug on his father’s long hair. “And so he shall be named.”

“And what, exactly, will we call him?” the Lady asked.

“Sesshoumaru,” the Inu no Taisho proclaimed, the name rolling proudly over his tongue.

“Aristocratic assassin. How,” Ryuukotsusei said, dodging another swipe of infant claws. “Appropriate.”