InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Tell A Soul ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~ Apparently all of you want to know what's going on, so here we go. Btw, I changed Inu Yasha's dad's name to Inutaishio. It's fixed in the last chapter.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two

~The next day~

A large dark red room was lit by many lamps, adding shadows to make it more mysterious. In the middle of the room stood a raven haired woman in a blue maid's uniform with her hair pulled back by a hair clip. Her ice cold eyes were focused on the large youkai standing at the other end of the room. 'So this is him. Bastard.'

"You must be Kagome, Sachi-san's daughter."

Kagome didn't answer, but continued to glare at him, biting her tongue in order to keep her mouth shut. 'I'm doing this for Souta. That's the only reason.'

"It's a shame what happened to your mother. I know you must be very worried about her."

"You don't know what's going on in my mind. What happened to Sachi shouldn't have happened in the first place. Now if you don't mind, I'd rather just come and do the job she's supposed to."

The Mononoke Lord was indeed surprised by that outburst, especially how she had said the woman's name instead of calling her 'mother'. 'So what Sachi has told me is true.' Shaking that off, he nodded at the girl. "Very well. You can start with the bedrooms for now. Sango-san here," Inutaishio gestured towards another maid off to the side, "will assist you whenever you have any questions. Is that alright with you, Kagome-san?"

"It's Higurashi-san and I don't believe I shall be needing any help." With that, Kagome gave a slight bow and quickly left the room, heading for the maid area to retrieve her supplies. She could tell that other girl… Sango was following her. With a quick turn on her heels, Kagome came face to face with this slightly older girl with brown eyes like her own. "Look, no offense or anything, but I don't need any help. Sachi has been working here far too long for me not to pick up anything. Now if you excuse me, I have work to do."

The other woman seemed slightly annoyed. "Well, far be it for me to welcome you. Apparently we were all wrong to assume you'd be nice like your mom."

"Sachi is nothing like me and I hope never to become her." Before Sango could say anything more, Kagome grabbed her things and went off to the third floor where the bedrooms were.

Sango just stood there, dumbfounded. "Well, welcome to the Mononoke Manor."

~Third Floor~

Sunlight filtered through the blinds and into sleepy eyes of a certain hanyou. Blinking a few times, Inu Yasha finally stretched his arms over his head when he heard a slight humming coming from right outside his door. Curious, he looked towards his door to see the knob turning. Ever so slowly, Yasha saw a girl about his age walk in wearing a maid's uniform. 'She doesn't look familiar. Could she be new? Wait… could that be Sachi-san's daughter? What was her name again?'

The girl apparently didn't notice him, so Inu Yasha ducked a bit more into the covers, deciding to observe her.

"Stupid family. Should have figured they'd all be slobs. Bet they've never really worked a day in their lives. Bastards."

The hanyou raised both eyebrows up in shock after hearing the new maid say such things. 'Who the hell does she think she is?!?' Choosing that time, Inu Yasha lifted his head in the direction of the girl, who currently had her back to him. "Actually, my father worked hard to build up his company."

The raven haired girl spun around to glare at the boy in the bed. "Really? And I suppose you just use whatever he gives you instead of working for it yourself."

That got him angry. "I've worked before, for your information."

"Why do I find that very hard to believe?"

"Believe what you want, wench, but I know what I have done in my life."

"Don't you dare call me a wench, dog boy."

That's it. Inu Yasha rose out of the bed and marched over to her, anger all over his face. "Watch what you say to me. Do you have any idea who I am?"

An evil smirk played on her face. "Yeah, daddy's little hanyou son. Now ask me if I give a damn."

"Get the hell out of my room, wench!"

"Make me, bastard! And my name is NOT wench! It's Kagome! Ka-go-me! Higurashi-san to you!"

"Like I give a damn, bitch! Get the hell out!"

"I'd be glad to, but I have a job to do and no spoiled brat puppy is going to keep me from finishing it! Besides, it's already noon, you lazy ass mutt!"

"What your point?"

"Get your ass out of bed and do something! Damn, I never thought you'd be this lazy." Kagome rolled her eyes and reached for her supplies, but Inu Yasha wasn't going to let her get off this argument that easily.

"What the hell is wrong with you, bitch? Are you always this bitchy or are you just PMSing?"

With that, Kagome whirled around and slapped him right across the face so hard, a nice bright red handprint was left as evidence. "You stupid bastard! Who ever taught you manners obviously failed miserably!"

Oh, the hanyou was seeing red at the moment. "For your information, girl, your mother basically raised me since I was eight."

"Oh, Sachi raised you? Now I understand. Stupid bitch raised a bastard."

Kagome didn't even have time to react. Inu Yasha had slammed her into the wall with almost all of his strength. Her surprised eyes looked directly into his royally pissed off amber ones. He had his arms on either side of her so she couldn't get away. "Never, EVER call Sachi-san that!"

Her bravery came back at that moment, and before she could stop herself, Kagome fired back at the enraged hanyou. "I'll call her what I damn well please! You're the one that has no right to talk, you or your asshole father! Now let me go and finish up my work so I don't have to be here any longer than I already have!" With that, she shoved his arm away, took her supplies and left the room, leaving the angered and confused silver haired boy behind.

Inu Yasha stared at where the girl had left, completely shocked. 'That little bitch! What the hell was she talking about anyway? Well, now I know how to act around her. Gomen, Sachi-san, but this is something I have to do. No one talks about you that way. Not while I'm around.'

Kagome, on the other hand, went about her business, cleaning up the rooms, sweeping and mopping the floors, basically doing what the average maid does. When Kagome finished her work, it was about four in the afternoon. She had worked through her lunch period and had finished before anyone else. After wiping away some sweat from her forehead, Kagome picked up her things and put them in the closet where all the supplies were kept.

Before she could reach for her own personal belongings, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she sighed. "What do you want?"

"Who said you could leave, wench?" Inu Yasha smirked at her, causing her to glare at him.

"Listen, your highness, I did my part and that's all I need to do. Now, I'm doing what normal people do by going home."

"You're supposed to stay until we dismiss you."

"Like I give a shit. I have other things to do than to cater to your every whim. Later, dog boy." Kagome rolled her eyes as she stepped out the back door, Inu Yasha going after her.

Reaching out, he grabbed her arm and spun her around to look at him. "Listen here, wench. Whether you like it or not, you are employed here, which means you have to do everything the heads of the manor say, which includes me. Now, you're going to go back inside and clean up that one room you left undone." As he was speaking, Inu Yasha was dragging her back to the house and to her supplies, causing the other maids, including Sango, to look over in confusion.

The raven haired girl had had enough. With a great jerk of her arm, she got out of his grasp and immediately glared at him. "For your information, I don't officially work here, so I don't give a shit. You fire me, you fire Sachi. I'm only doing this to support Souta and that's all! Now, leave me alone, you pathetic excuse for a demon, or I will call the police and file harassment charges against you and your family! And don't think I won't because I, unlike that bitch, have no emotional ties to this family. It would do me great pleasure to see you all get what you deserve! Now, unless you have anything else stupid to say, I'll sadly see you in two days." With that, before he could say anything, Kagome stormed off for home.

The entire maid area was silent, staring at where the little scene too place. No one said such things about the Mononokes. What could have caused this girl to say such things? In truth, Inu Yasha had no idea. 'What could have caused her to hate us this much?' Still very confused, he decided to go to someone who might actually know what's going on. Turning on his heels, Inu Yasha went straight to his father.

~Following Kagome~

The door flew open as an enraged nineteen year old stormed into the room, causing the woman on the couch to sit up straight. "What happened?"

Kagome turned to her birth mother and glared. "I have never met anyone so lazy and arrogant in my entire life! They are just as I pictured them."

Sachi sighed. She had figured it would be a tough first day. "Kagome, sweetie, just get to know them. I'm sure there was just a misunderstanding. Once you get to know them, I'm sure you'll just fall in love with them all."

An icy glare was shot her way. "What, and end up like you? I'd rather die than betray everything I hold dear. Look where it got you, Sachi. I'll never EVER become you, not if I can do something about it."

There was nothing she could say. Sachi looked at her daughter with pain in her eyes, but she knew it would do no good. Kagome hated everything about her and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I better get started on dinner. Did Souta come home?"

A sigh came from the elder woman. "He said he would be home by dinner. Just leave the window open and he'll come."

Without a word, Kagome went into the kitchen and began preparing dinner, leaving Sachi to collect herself before her son returned. Both she and Kagome tried to put on brave faces around him, sparing him from their problems, but deep down she knew he knew. He never said anything, but that was for the best. 'As long as he doesn't know everything, this is alright for now.'

~Mononoke Manor~

"Father!" Inutaishio looked up from his papers and smiled at his son. "What is it, Inu Yasha? I was just going over some plans for you birthday celebration next month."

The hanyou walked right up to him. "I have something to ask you. Why does that wench hate us so much? And why does she despise Sachi-san?"

A deep sigh left the youkai's mouth as he put his papers onto the desk before him. "Inu Yasha, I can't tell you that. It is something only Kago- Higurashi-san can reveal."

"So you do know why that bitch is acting this way?"

"Watch your mouth! Sachi-san would highly disapprove of what you say about her own flesh and blood."

"Yet that girl can call her a bitch?"

"Let is be, my son. Some people just can't change. I suggest just trying to either be her friend, or stay out of her way. There's nothing else we can do."

This angered the hanyou. "You could yell at her or something! She has no right to disrespect me or our family!"

"Enough!" Inutaishio rose from his seat to stare down at his son, who knew well enough to keep silent. "I will not dishonor myself or Sachi-san by getting involved in a personal family matter, nor do I expect my son to. Let it alone, Inu Yasha. That's final." He didn't wait for the young silver haired man to reply, but instead turned back to his papers.

Inu Yasha understood the matter was closed. "Yes father." With that, he bowed slightly to show his respect for his decision, then left the room.

Inutaishio looked up to see if he had really left, and when he was sure his son was out of hearing range, let out a huge sigh. 'Oh Sachi. I knew this day would come soon, but I will do everything I can to prevent it. I will do all I can to keep it silent, but if I know my son, he will find out soon. How will he act, I wonder. The same as young Kagome? If so, I fear the days that come.'

~Third Floor~

There was a small knock on the door as Inu Yasha looked up from his book. "Come in."

The door slowly opened in a female walked into the room. "Well, that was certainly something. What do you think was up with her?"

Shaking his head, Inu Yasha answered her. "I don't know, Sango, but that's where I need your help. I want you to become friends with her. Girls tend to stick together."

Sango sighed and sat at the edge of his bed. "I'm not sure I like this girl. I mean, Sachi-san is the sweetest person I've ever met, becoming like a second mother to me as well, but I can't imagine her raising a daughter like that. Something big must have happened."

"I have a feeling it's linked to what happened five years ago."

"What did happen?"

Shaking his head, Inu Yasha gazed out the window. "Sachi-san never spoke of it, but it was obvious something was wrong."

Suddenly, Sango rose to her feet and made movements towards the door. "I'll do all I can, Inu Yasha, but I can only do so much."

"Arigatou, Sango." With a quick nod, Sango was out the door, leaving our favorite hanyou to his thoughts. 'What happened, Sachi-san?'

~*~I know, another cliffhanger. I think I'm getting pretty good at them, don't you? Just remember, if you kill me, you never find out what happens next! Ah HA! I live for another day.

I'll will start answering questions in the next chapter, but quick thanks/shout out to the five that have reviewed thus far: fishie02, Robin5791, Millia (who's Amber-Rae?), firegal777, and Kesperlis. And a quick shout out to my "beta reader" Kiiroi Kotori!!! I didn't get to show this to her though, since she was asleep, but I'll probably fix whatever mistakes I have later. Ja ne!!!!~*~