InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Tell A Soul ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Author's note will be at the end.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three

A loud beeping noise awoke the sleeping raven haired girl. Clicking the accursed alarm clock off, she threw back her blanket, stretched, and began getting ready for her day. Looking out the small window, Kagome noticed it was definitely early, judging by the fact the sun was not even up yet. Yawning, she got up, took a quick shower, then changed into an old pair of jeans and a regular t-shirt. She didn't have much to choose from anyway.

Running towards the kitchen, she made a quick breakfast and left the extra food in the oven that she had to kick to make work. Writing a quick note about the food, Kagome grabbed her ancient yellow backpack and ran out the door.

~Somewhere else~

A loud beeping noise sounded throughout the large room, causing the silver haired hanyou to stir slightly. With incredible speed, the offending sound was silence as soon as it smashed into the opposite wall. Grumbling, Inu Yasha dove deeper into his nice warm covers, deciding to sleep longer.

There was a knock at his door, which he chose to ignore. Too bad for him, the door swung open and someone walked in. "Inu Yasha, your father wants to see you."

Grumbling was all the person received, indicating the hanyou was insisting on more sleep. Sighing, the woman walked over and ripped the covers off the boy, then took a step back for when he lashed out, which he did. "What the hell?!?"

Sango sighed again and glared at him. "I told you. Your father wants to see you… now."

"Tell him five more minutes…" A glare from Sango gave him the message that his extra sleep was not going to be allowed. Grumbling yet again, Inu Yasha got up and made moves to change. "Umm, I'll be there in a minute. You can leave now, unless you want a look." That smirk quickly came off his face while he ducked out of the way of a flying alarm clock that was aimed at his head.

"Next time, I won't miss." Sango quickly left the room, leaving the hanyou to change.

When he finally came out of his room, Inu Yasha followed Sango to his father's office. The older youkai looked up and smiled at his son. "Good morning, or should I say afternoon?"

Confused, Inu Yasha looked over to the maid who just rolled her eyes. "It's noon already, Inu Yasha-sama."

*Sweatdrop*

Coughing a bit, the hanyou looked at his father. "What did you want to see me about?"

"Right. I thought I should inform you we shall have a visitor in about a week. Your mother's friend, Haruko-san , is leaving Japan for about two months and can't take her child with her."

Dawning came upon the hanyou. "Wait… you don't mean that little runt of a fox demon… Shippou?!?"

A small smile formed on Inutaishio's face. "Glad to see you remember him. He certainly remembers you."

"Damn it, father! Why do I have to get stuck with that brat for two months?!?"

"Watch your tone with me! We are doing her a favor in honor of your mother. Behave yourself."

Inu Yasha bit his lip and nodded. "Hai, I'll do my best not to disgrace myself and this family."

"Alright. Now, why don't you go do something?"

Seeing as he was being dismissed, Inu Yasha sighed and left the office, heading back to his room. 'Go do something? Jee, that sounded real positive.' Suddenly, for some unknown reason, he remembered what that wench had said.

"Get your ass out of bed and do something! Damn, I never thought you'd be this lazy."

Shaking his head, a growl came from his throat as he reached his room. 'Stupid bitch. I do stuff!' Sighing, he turned the knob and walked in to see what a mess his room really was. "Keh, it's summer. I'm allowed to be lazy. It's like a rule or something."

After laying on his bed for a grand total of five minutes, Inu Yasha was completely bored. "Damn it! Why am I so bored?!?" Sitting up, he looked around the room. It really was a perfect place for a pig.

"Stupid family. Should have figured they'd all be slobs. Bet they've never really worked a day in their lives. Bastards."

Growling again as that wench's voice filled his head again, the hanyou got up. "I'll show her." With that, he started picking up all the garbage and clothing on the floor, putting everything where it needed to go, which surprised Sango greatly, who was watching him as she had the door creaked open a bit. 'I never thought I'd live to see the day Inu Yasha would clean up his own mess. Or maybe I am dead and this is heaven?' Looking around her and seeing her cleaning supplies and the big room she had to clean, Sango sighed. 'Nope. This would have to be hell instead.'

~Later that day~

A great sigh was heard as the door swung open and the raven haired girl walked into the house, yawning. "I'm home. Souta? You here?"

"Up here sis!"

"Can you deal with ramen for dinner?"

"Only if it's beef!"

"Sure." With that, Kagome dropped her backpack and walked into the kitchen, putting the water in the pot and placing it on the stove. Turning the knobs, she got it to the one she desired, then lit the match, placing it so the gas would hit it. The fire jumped and she readjusted the temperature. Placing the pot onto the correct burner, Kagome went over and practically fell into the chair. 'Can't…move… too…tired…'

"Kagome! Water's boiling. Want me to throw the noodles in?"

"Thanks Souta."

The boy looked around the counter top, puzzled. "Where's yours?"

A sigh escaped her lips. "I'm not eating tonight. Not hungry."

Souta looked at his sister and sighed. He knew she was lying. She probably hadn't eaten all day. She was always doing that, not eating so that he could. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate it, but she needed to eat too. Sure, they didn't have much money, but it was enough to keep food in both of their stomachs. Why did she always give to him instead of keeping things for herself?

He sighed. "How was your day?"

Kagome yawned. "It was long. I'm going to head upstairs and finish up my stuff so I can go to bed. You need anything?"

Souta shook his head. "Mom's sleeping on the couch. Kaede came by before with some herbs and stuff."

Taking a moment to make sure she didn't say anything negative, she nodded. "Let her be. It must be… difficult. Night, Souta."

"Night oneesan." Kagome smiled at him, then left the room, grabbing her backpack and walking up the stairs. After dropping off the heavy yellow bag, she grabbed some pajamas and headed into the bathroom for a shower. Her day had seriously been long, but nothing she wasn't used to. At least she could sleep in a bit tomorrow. Then it hit her. 'Damn it! I have to go work for them in the morning. I hope they choke on a giant hairball and die.'

Unable to enjoy her shower anymore, Kagome turned off the water and got out, grabbing a towel and drying off. Putting on her pjs, she walked into her room and pulled out a book, opening it and getting comfortable on the bed.

Souta came to look in on her around three in the morning to see his sister had just recently fallen asleep. Smiling, he walked in and moved her books to the side, pulling the blanket over her so she wouldn't catch cold. Silently, he left the room to let his sister sleep in peace.

~*~I know, it's a filler chapter, but it makes sense to the story. Trust me on that. This is basically to give you a hint of what Kagome's life is really like. Don't know when I'll update next, but let's answer your reviews…

fishie02- you're on the right track. It'll come out eventually.

Robin5791- lol. I love how you get into my stories so well. Not even close with the engagement thing. Sorry.

Ravioli- good ideas there. You'll just have to wait and see.

That's all for now. Ja ne!!!~*~