InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Easy as 1, 2, 3... ❯ One-Track Mind ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own the personality of the Inuyasha in this story! Not that that does me any good.

.

.

Easy as 1, 2, 3…

Chapter Eleven

.

.

.

Kagome lay in bed the next morning, staring at the ceiling and thinking about her dinner with Inuyasha. It had gone so well that she almost couldn't believe it. He'd been such a gentleman! Well, by Inuyasha standards anyway.

'Could I really be starting to have feelings for him? He's such a jerk most of the time, but sometimes he can be so sweet. Maybe he cares for me more than I think, but I've been too blind to see it. Even if he did kidnap me, he hasn't done anything really bad. In fact, this has been a great vacation from shrine work!'

Her early morning inner musings were cut short by a knock on her door. A second later Sango entered with a small stack of folded clothes.

"Kagome? I brought you some clothes to wear today! You can have these while I take everything else you've worn to be washed. It's laundry day, and everyone's rooms get raided for dirty clothes."

"Thanks Sango." Kagome sat up and finally got out of bed, knowing if she didn't get moving there probably wouldn't be any breakfast left after her shower.

Noticing how quiet her friend was, Sango raised an eyebrow. "So how did last night go?"

"Actually, it went rather well."

"And that has you worried."

Kagome nodded in wordless agreement to Sango's statement.

"Is it because you're still upset over him kidnapping you, or is it something else?"

"I'm not upset at all over being kidnapped anymore, although I probably should be." Kagome admitted. "Now I'm worried that I like it here too much!"

This caused Sango to laugh, and she patted Kagome's shoulder comfortingly. "Just let things happen and see how it goes. Maybe you and Inuyasha were meant to be together. I have to admit, I've never seen the jerk work so hard in my entire life!"

"How long have you known Inuyasha? And Miroku?" The younger girl questioned.

"I've lived here my whole life, so obviously I've known Inuyasha for as long as I've been alive. My parents worked here, and several generations before them even. As for Miroku, he started working here three years ago." Sango sighed. "I haven't had a peaceful, grope-free day since."

Out of the blue, Kagome gave her friend an evil grin. "You like him, don't you?"

The only answer she got was a red-faced Sango slamming the bedroom door behind her, with Kagome's dirty clothes in hand.

"Yep, she likes him. It's just too bad she won't admit it, even to herself."

Deciding to forget about her friend's love life for a while, Kagome left the stack of borrowed clothes on the bed and headed for the bathroom, knocking first to make sure Inuyasha wasn't in there. Most likely he wasn't, because he liked to shower after he ate breakfast every morning.

"Probably so he can get to the food before anyone else and make a pig of himself." She muttered. "I hope there's some food left when I get done. If there isn't, then he'll be the first one to die."

Listening a moment just to be sure no one was in there since there was no response to her knock, Kagome entered the bathroom to get her morning shower.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

Kagome's shower had taken a little longer than she'd meant for it to take. When she finally made it back into her room with just a towel wrapped around her, the growls from her stomach were getting very insistent.

Frowning, she looked around the room. "Now where did I put those stupid clothes?" She grumbled to herself. "I would have sworn I left them on the bed!"

Kagome dug through the sheets and looked around the floor carefully, but no matter how hard she searched, she couldn't find a stitch of clothing! Could someone have come in and taken them, thinking they were dirty?

"Oh great, this is just what I need to start my day off!"

"If you're looking for your clothes," A voice called from the room on the other side of the bathroom. "Then maybe you should look in my room!"

Kagome stiffened. "Inuyasha, did you take my clothes?!?!"

"If you want them, come and get them! I'm not mean enough to throw yours out the window, so you don't have to worry about that."

"YOU JERK!" She yelled, stomping towards the bathroom. "Just when I thought you were being so nice, too! Bring me those clothes NOW!"

Inuyasha smiled, enjoying himself. Now that she was starting to like him a little, he could finally take revenge for her little stunt the day before. He felt like he'd been waiting forever to have his chance! Sometimes he just doesn't stop to think though, does he? That one-track mind is going to be the death of him some day. At Kagome's hands, of course.

"What goes around comes around Kagome!" He called back cheerfully. "If you got to see me walking around in nothing but a towel, then I get to see you. Fair is fair, so come in here and get them yourself!"

"Ohhh, you…you…PERVERT!!!!!"

"I'm not Miroku." Was his casual reply to that accusation.

Kagome gritted her teeth in frustration. "No, you're much WORSE!"

As if it was nothing but a friendly conversation, Inuyasha's voice stayed light and friendly. "I'm waiting! You know you don't have a choice. Either come in my room where only I will see you and get the clothes, or walk around the house like that where everyone can. Your choice."

Despite how unconcerned he sounded, Inuyasha could only pray she didn't pick choice number two. He'd probably freak out and kill any guy who happened to see her running around the house barely clothed like that.

Kagome knew she was cornered. She could go raid Sango's room, but more than likely someone would see her before she could get there. That meant there was really no help for it. She'd just have to go get the clothes and try to make it out without killing him.

Grasping the doorknob, she inched it open slowly, acting like she was about to face a firing squad. "I'm going to kill him, I'm going to kill him, I'm going to kill him." She chanted under her breath. Of course he could hear this with his dog demon senses.

"You can't kill me Kagome. Maim me maybe, but at least I heal fast."

That caused the bathroom door to fly open a lot faster, and a very enraged Kagome stood there glaring at him where he was casually stretched out on his bed. One of her hands was grasping the top of her towel so tightly, you'd think she was afraid he was going to try to take it from her. The other hand was flexing slowly, preparing to choke the man in front of her.

Marching forward, she headed for the end of his bed where the stolen goods lay, and grabbed them before he could have a chance to try anything else. She needn't have worried, Inuyasha could only stare at her in awe, not able to make a single smart remark.

The white towel she had wrapped around her barely covered everything important, and didn't leave a lot to the imagination. The only coherent thought the hanyou could get into his blank mind was, 'Thank God she didn't go with choice number two!'

Kagome was about the leave the room in a fury, when she suddenly paused. "Hey, wait a minute! That morning you jumped in my window, exactly how much did you see you stupid jerk?" As she spoke, her voice took on a higher pitch.

Inuyasha went completely still, and a cold dread formed in his chest. 'Oh, this is not good! I forgot all about that, it happened so fast! So now how am I supposed to answer that question without getting killed?' Not knowing how to respond, he finally opted to stay quiet and see what would happen.

The silence (and the look of fear on his face) said it all!

"YOU ARE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!" She hissed forcefully before turning to leave. Inuyasha stared dumbly at her retreating back.

A moment later, the slamming of each bathroom door could be heard as she headed back to her own room. Inuyasha stared blankly before moving to loosen the collar of his shirt. "Man, I think it got a little hotter in here. Not that I mind a bit." A slow grin spread across his face. "I might die for it later, but at least it will be with a smile."

In her own room, Kagome was still fuming! 'How DARE he do that to me! Especially after he saw a LOT more the other day! If he thinks we're even now, then he's dead wrong! I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve, and he'll rue the day he ever decided to mess with me!'

Kagome dressed while going over ideas in her mind. 'Most of the tricks I know are pretty childish though. I could put dye in his shampoo, but I don't think I could bring myself to ruin that beautiful hair.' A frown crossed her face. 'I need to think of something that won't backfire on me this time. That means it has to be simple. But what would work?'

A sudden idea occurred to her, and she smiled. 'That could work! It's a stupid trick, but how could it go wrong? The worst results would be that I'll have to listen to him curse me for a few hours while I'm trying to sleep.'

Smiling, Kagome finished brushing her hair before heading downstairs to eat breakfast.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

"Inuyasha, are you worried at all?" Miroku questioned at lunch.

"Why should I be?"

That earned him an incredulous look. "Why? After you telling me what you did to her this morning, you'd think she'd be mad. Instead, she's been so nice to you that it's scary!"

Inuyasha shrugged, rather unconcerned. "It probably just means she plans to get revenge. It's not like I can't handle anything she throws at me."

Sighing, Miroku gave his friend a pitying look. "One day Inuyasha, you will learn to fear women like you ought to. I just pray you live long enough for it to happen."

The dog demon scoffed, obviously not believing this. "What can Kagome really do to me? As long as she doesn't try to kill me, as if she ever would, then I can handle it with no problem. You worry too much, Miroku."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

.

.

.

.

That chapter was entirely based on the fact that I just KNEW that with the way he is, he would have been wanting revenge for that ever since the mooning chapter, LOL! It just strikes me as something he would do, to go and mess things up right when they are going well...