InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Family Ties ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: So here it is as promised, but I miscalculated the length of this chapter and so the honeymoon and promised LEMON will be in the following chapter which if all goes as planned should be posted on Monday, but there is a small LEMON for a splash of citrus flavor. Sorry about that, but I hope you will enjoy this chapter in any case.

We are definitely entering the home stretch here and as it is I have six more chapters laid out and waiting to be typed up. Depending on the length their could possibly be seven but I would say no more than that before this story is finished and I will be moving on to completing Unfettered.

Let me say how excited I am to have broken 100 reviews. I know that's not a lot compared to the thousands some people get, but it is the most I've gotten so far. Thank you to those who took the time to review and please feel free to do so again.

Also this fic was nominated for IYFG 4th quarter best romance Inu/Kag and my fic Unfettered was nominated for best serial. I doubt I'll win, but I'm still really excited that someone thought my stories were worth being nominated.

Now on with the story...

~ * ~

Kagome stood looking at herself in the full-length mirror in her mother's room. Ayumi stood on one side of her and Asami on the other. They both helped her into her wedding kimono. While it was not as elaborate as some, it had sentimental value and was beautiful in its own right.

All three women looked at the door when a soft knock was heard. Asami left her daughter's side to see who it was. She was met with a very pretty young woman, with kind brown eyes.

“Please forgive me. My name is Kigaimori Rin. I knew Kagome a long time ago and father, Sesshomaru-sama, asked me to bring her a gift for the wedding.” the woman said.

“Rin-chan?'' Kagome questioned. “Is it really you, the little girl that was always following Sesshomaru?”

Rin smiled. “Well, I haven't been a little girl for a very long time, but yes. I am flattered that you would remember me.”

“Of course I do.” Kagome replied. “Please come in. Rin this is my mother, Higurashi Asami and one of my closest friends, Sato Ayumi.”

“A pleasure to meet you both.” Rin offered. “He asked me to present you with this obi, since you and InuYasha had no go between and he is your mate's only family.”

Kagome took the beautiful strip of fabric. “Please express to him my gratitude. Now I don't suppose you would be willing to tell me who my other mystery wedding guest is.”

Rin laughed. “Yes, father does like his secrets. I was told not to tell you, but... Let's just say a bit of a rebellious streak is something that rubbed off on me from my mate.”

“So it's your mate then that is coming?” Kagome pressed.

“Yes, but he will be sitting with your family today.” Rin replied. “He has missed you greatly.”

Kagome considered her words and then gasped. “You can't mean... Shippou!”

“He will be pleased to hear that you are excited to see him as he is to see you.” Rin told her. “And you even guessed it so father can't be upset that I told you. Well, I should leave you now so you can finish getting ready and go make sure that father and Shippou are not tormenting Uncle too badly.”

Kagome was still in shock at learning that she was going to get to see Shippou all grown up, so much so that she didn't even notice as she was urged into a chair so her mother and Ayumi could work on her hair.

~ * ~

“Damn it all.” InuYasha growled. “Can't I get a fucking break? What do you want Sesshomaru? Didn't I see enough of you last night? And... No, hell no. Not him.”

“What not happy to see me?” The tall red haired man asked, bright green eyes sparkling with the same mischief they had when he was a child.

“The kitsune and I came to bring you a gift.” Sesshomaru announced. “Rin has taken the obi to your mate as is tradition and for you, a hakama. I am told that it will match a haori your mate made for you.”

InuYasha took the folded fabric. “Yeah... The one she made me for when the bouzo an Sango got married. She's wearing her kimono to the reception. I was going to wear my fire rat... But Kagome would probably like this better, you think?”

Shippou shook his head and laughed. “I never thought I'd live to see you worrying about which outfit to wear.”

InuYasha swiped at the fox youkai with his claws and growled.

“Father, Shippou, I thought I told you not to tease him.” A female voice said sharply. “And you are one to talk. How many outfits did you try on before selecting that one. Ten?”

InuYasha smirked. He was almost sure he recognized this woman's scent, but more than that he knew her tone. “You must be his mate.”

Rin laughed. “What gave it away?” Her laugher quieted. “It is good to see you again Uncle and might I complement you on your bride. She looks absolutely radiant.”

InuYasha blushed a little. “Keh... She always looks beautiful.” He muttered and then blushed more deeply as Sesshomaru and Shippou smiled at him. He had gotten used to being able to mutter and not be heard.

“Come on you two.” Rin said. “I ran into the priest on the way up here and he said that we should take our seats. I think young Souta is bored sitting alone.”

~ * ~

Jii-chan knocked lightly and opened the door. He took one look at his granddaughter and tears welled up in his eyes. He knew his son would be proud of the woman she had become and the man she had chosen. He was only saddened that she had grown up and was no longer a little girl, but perhaps he would see his great-grandchildren soon.

“It is nearly time to begin. Ayumi I need you to assist me in the final preparations.” Jii-chan said.

“Of course Ojii-san.” Ayumi replied. “You look beautiful Kagome.”

The two left together and Kagome looked to her mother. “Is it normal that I'm nervous? I mean this is just a formality. InuYasha and I... This won't change anything.”

Asami smiled at her daughter. “It's perfectly normal dear. No matter the bond you already share this is still a big day for you, one for making wonderful memories and renewing the vows you have made to each other. I'm so proud of you darling and I know your father would be as well. InuYasha loves you. He is a good man and you could have chosen no better. Now are you ready to become a wife as well as a mate?”

Kagome nodded and her mother placed the ring of vibrant red flowers on her head, slipping the veil through the back so that one it was no longer covering her face it would hang behind her.

She had forgone the traditional horns and hair ornaments that usually made up the bridal headdress. For some reason it didn't feel right to her to wear the horns that represented jealousy of her mother-in-law even if covering them was to show her obedience.

She could never deny a woman who had managed to love her son so well that a badly mistreated little boy had still managed to grow into a man like InuYasha; One with such an amazing heart. No, InuYasha's mother deserved every ounce of the great love he held for her and Kagome would never debase something that sincere and amazing with and emotion as petty as jealousy.

“All right.” her mother said with a sniffle. “My baby is all grown up...” the older woman wiped away her tears. “You look lovely. Ayumi will come get you when it's time. I love you.”

“I love you too mama.” Kagome replied, forcing herself not to cry and ruin the little makeup she had put on.

~ * ~

The Goshinboku was in full bloom and occasionally a few petals would rain down upon them. Sesshomaru sat with his mate, Yurimei, and Rin on one side and on the other sat Asami, Souta, and Shippou.

InuYasha stood at the base of the sacred tree, which had witnessed both the best and worst moments of his life, and stood as a connection between their two worlds, waiting for his mate to join him. He thought it more than fitting that they would be joined, even if only in the human way, under this tree. The place of their meeting and the place where Kagome had brought him back to life.

Ayumi stepped outside first, blocking Kagome from his view. The he saw her. Gods, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. No, she was more than that and it occurred to him that Rin's description had been much more fitting. She was radiant.

Kagome shone with such light, the light of a truly pure spirit. It radiated from her with a blinding intensity and took his breath away.

She stood beside him and he prayed that no one would notice his trembling hands as he lifted her veil. After all he was not supposed to feel so many emotions, be so nervous, during this human ceremony which could not hope to compare to their mating bond.

“I have spoken with the bride and groom and it is their wish that all present, are as they were born so that there will be no secrets before the Kami as these two families are joined.” Jii-chan announced.

Jii-chan looked at Sesshomaru in his dark blue suit, who nodded in acknowledgement. The tai youkai was the first to remove the ring concealing his demonic features. Kagome noticed as Shippou did this as well. InuYasha was the last and she smiled brightly as his furry ears appeared.

Her hanyou smirked when her eyes traveled to the top of his head. “Always the ears...” he whispered.

Kagome blushed a lovely shade of red, but continued smiling.

“Now I will perform the ritual purification, with it in mind a valuable lesson this old man learned from his grandchildren. Purity has little to with blood or body, that it is the spirit, or the heart of a person, man, youkai, of hanyou that matters.” Jii-chan paused smiling fondly at his granddaughter.

After the ritual and because InuYasha and Kagome wanted to speak for themselves, Jii-chan read the commitment vows, which the couple signed. Ayumi stepped forward and poured the sake for the san-san-kudo.

Once that was done Jii-chan spoke again. “The bride and groom would now like to say a few words and exchange rings.”

InuYasha took a deep breath and picked up the ring that had been placed on the alter. He forced himself to see only his mate as he took her hand. “I thought a long time about what I wanted to say, and I'm still probably going to mess up, but I guess it just wouldn't be me if I didn't.”

Quiet laughter was heard from Kagome as well as the others gathered, knowing well that the hanyou's admission was the truth.

“I can't promise you that I won't ever say something stupid and hurt you, or that I'll never make a mistake, but I can promise that I'll always take care of you, and that no one will try harder than I will to make you happy.”

“For a long time I thought that a small round stone had the power to grant my greatest wish, and in a way I was right, since it brought you to me; A stubborn, clumsy, reckless, absolutely amazing, strangely dressed human wench, who freed me from an eternity in darkness and then healed my soul with the power of her heart.”

“I don't know how you've managed to forgive me for all the pain I've caused you in the past and all the tears you've shed, but I do know that I'll always be grateful, and that I'll spend the rest of our lives together trying to make it up to you. You gave me a home, a family, a place to belong, and most importantly your love. I love you Kagome. You really are everything to me.”

Neither InuYasha or Kagome noticed that all the woman present were in tears. They were too lost in each other, too caught up in the other's gaze. It was if they were the only two people in the world. InuYasha reached up with both hands and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

After a long moment Kagome picked up InuYasha's ring. “From the very beginning it was always my greatest hope that it was fate that drew me through the well, that it was because we belonged together.”

“You have been my best friend and protected me as you do all those around you with a strength that is unrivaled and a fierceness that is unmatched. We spoke once under the stars... Both of us caught between two worlds, a part of neither...”

“But belonging to both.” InuYasha finished.

Kagome nodded. “I thought I had it all figured out, but I missed the most important thing. It doesn't matter which world we belong in or if we belong at all because as long as we're together then we'll always have a place to belong with each other.

“I promise you my love and devotion, and my loyalty and respect for the whole of our lives. I love you InuYasha and I'll always be right here by your side.”

Jii-chan's voice was quiet as he completed the ceremony. “I challenge one of you among us to claim that you have not witnessed or to contest the sincerity or the depth of love these two share.” Of course no one spoke. “Now if all of you would come forward, we will drink to the joining of two families brought together by fate, bound together by love.”

Ayumi poured the sake and they all drank together.

“May the Kami bless you both.” Jii-chan finished.

Kagome smiled up at her hanyou with tears in her eyes and he wrapped his arms around her. Their lips brushed once before they met again in a tender kiss. There was much laughter and talking going on around them but the couple didn't notice any of if as they stood together foreheads touching, in a comfortable embrace.

Asami quickly took several pictures of the couple and gave them a few minutes before approaching them. “Are you two ready to change and head to the reception?”

Kagome and InuYasha stepped apart and looked at her. “Yes, mama.”

“All right then. I'll just go grab your other things and we'll meet you there. Taisho-san informed me that there will be a car waiting for you.” Asami told them.

~ * ~

Kagome closed the door to her room and turned to her husband. With nimble fingers she began to remove his clothing, allowing her hands to brush whatever skin she could reach.

“Kagome... What are you doing?” InuYasha asked.

“You didn't think I was going to wait for the honeymoon after those beautiful things you said, did you?” Kagome replied, finally able to push all the clothing off his upper body, revealing his chest.

She leaned forward and nipped at him lightly, kissing her way down as she began to untie his hakama. InuYasha pulled her to her feet.

“We can't do this now.” He said regretfully. “We'll be late.”

Kagome ignored him and stripped off her kimono, leaving her only in her undergarments. “InuYasha the bride and groom can't be late. It's not like they can start without us.” A small pout settled on her lips. “Don't you want me?”

He growled and the smirked. She squealed as he pounced on her knocking her back onto the bed. It didn't take him long to remove the last of their clothing. As he entered her slowly, he held her hands above her head, their fingers locked together.

They held one another's gaze. Both unable to look away and neither wanting as they moved together toward completion. InuYasha rocked into his mate, each thrust deliberate, every movement meant to convey his love for her.

Kagome moaned into his mouth as he kissed her deeply. They fit together perfectly, matched in every way. A complete joining of hearts and minds, bodies and souls. His soft insistent growling urged her closer to her release, and when she shuddered beneath him it was with his name on her lips.

InuYasha kissed his mate roughly as she tightened further around him and he spilled himself inside her. He placed several gentle kisses against her lips before leaving her.

They dressed quickly, Kagome in the blue flowered kimono she had made for Sango's wedding, including the obi given to her by Sesshomaru and InuYasha in the gifted hakama and haori Kagome had sewn for him and then headed down the long stone stairs to the waiting car.

~ * ~

They were greeted by applause and well-wishers and they entered the reception hall. Since they were a little late they went straight to their seats at the head table and the meal was served. Kagome looked around realizing that she didn't know about half the people in attendance, but knew it was because Sesshomaru had provided them with a list of youkai and important people that would have see it as an insult not to be invited, because of his position.

After the meal Kagome and InuYasha cut the cake so that desert could be served. Once that was done it was time for the speeches. By the time jii-chan, Asami, Souta, Shippou, Ayumi and Sesshomaru had all spoken Kagome was dabbing at her tears.

Then of course the new couple took to the floor for the first dance and both were surprised as Rin took up the microphone and sang beautifully as they moved around the floor.

Sesshomaru watched his younger brother and his mate dance. Several meters away he heard a young woman mimic a retching sound. He stepped nearer and watched her closely.

“She's pregnant, you know?” the young woman said scathingly, not realizing that she was talking to a youkai who could not only tell that Kagome was not pregnant, but also knew that even if she was, they were mated and so it was irrelevant. “That's the only reason he's marrying her. I mean she didn't even finish high school. Taisho-san and I shared a very intimate moment at a carnival and Kagome found out so she trapped him before he could ditch her. Her family is really poor so of course it's because of his money...”

Sesshomaru crossed the room with purpose until he reached the mother of the bride, hoping she would know the name of this human.

“Higurashi-san, there is a girl several tables over dressed in a very distasteful red dress. Do you know her?” He asked.

Asami looked around and frowned. “Her name is Takashi Eri and I had hoped that she would choose not to attend. She said some terrible things to Kagome not too long ago. I told her that if she couldn't refrain from doing so that she should consider her invitation a mistake. Why?”

“It seems she did not heed your words.” The youkai replied. “I will see her escorted out personally.”

With barely a nod of his head Sesshomaru was joined by two of his personal security team. They stood on either side of Eri and Sesshomaru spoke. “You will come with me at once.”

The girl looked up at him. “Who are you to say such a thing?”

Sesshomaru's lips turned up in a dark smile. “I am the owner of this hotel and brother of the groom. Gentlemen, please help this young woman to a more private area so that we may speak more freely.”

Eri gasped as she was dragged from the room. Sesshomaru reassured people, who turned to see what the commotion was, when he proclaimed that she was not an invited guest. He then left to deal with the one who would think to speak ill of his family.

The tai youkai wasted no time. He backed Eri up against the wall and towered over her. His hand struck the wall beside her head her eyes darted over and up to look at it. With the same dark smile he dug his claws into the marble and dragged them down gouging the stone. He was pleased to see that it had the desired effect as she began to tremble and fear invaded her scent.

“Listen closely. If I hear that you have spoken one word against either my brother or his wife from this point on what I have done to this wall with my bare hand will seem like a lovers caress when compared to what I will do to you.” Sesshomaru told her, his voice low and chilling. The acrid tang of urine reached his sensitive nose. “Do you understand?”

“Yes, please...” The girl squeaked.

“Now leave. You are never to set foot in this establishment again.” He finished and backed away just enough to let her slip by him. She ran from the room and he returned to the party.

InuYasha met him at the door. The tai youkai's eyes scanned the dance floor and he saw that the miko was currently dancing with the kitsune. “I heard there was some sort of problem.”

“I have dealt with it. Do not concern yourself.” Sesshomaru told his brother.

“I ain't concerned. Just tell me what happened.” InuYasha pressed.

“I do not allow anyone to speak dishonorably about any member of my family.” Sesshomaru explained. “I heard one of your wife's guess spreading vicious lies about you and your situation, so I had her removed.”

“It was that bitch... Eri, wasn't it?” InuYasha asked. “Where the hell is she?”

“As I said I took care of it. She will not bother you or your wife again.” Sesshomaru informed him.

InuYasha surveyed his brother with a serious expression “You didn't hurt her did you? Kagome... No matter what she wouldn't have wanted that.”

“Be at ease. She left unharmed though I will have to have the carpets in that room thoroughly cleaned. It would seem that her bladder is as weak as her character.” He offered.

InuYasha laughed. “You made her piss herself. That's great. She shouldn't have been talking shit about Kagome.”

“InuYasha.” Kagome called headed toward him. “Mama wants to dance with you and Sesshomaru, you're mine. You two didn't really think you could get away with standing over here looking so serious did you? We're supposed to be having a good time. Now come on.”

She took one hand from each of them in her own and pulled them with her out onto the dance floor.