InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Kagome Still Has the Power! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Four

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's notes: Wow, I feel stupid. In my last chapter I accidentally typed Inuyasha instead of Akki. Hehehe *sweatdrops* Guess I need a beta reader don't I?

~Chapter Four~

Akki jolted to a stop when they reached Kagome's temple. Kagome jumped of his back and stood next to him. "Akki, why did you bring me here?"

"The Tetsugia thing, this is where it is. That's what I think at least. Its in a tree." Akki mumbled, still in a slight daze.

"A tree? That's it! It has to be the one Kikyo pinned you to!" Kagome exclaimed. "This way!"

Little did they know of the person watching them from the trees.

When the two reached the woods behind the temple Kagome stopped. "Do you know which one it is? I can't tell."

"Um…" Akki bit his lip. "I'm not sure."

"Great…" Kagome sighed and sweatdropped.

"Wait!" Akki exclaimed. "Its this one! I'm sure of it!" He pointed to a tree.

"Why thank-you very much!" A voice laughed. Suddenly Sesshomaru emerged from the treetops and landed in front of the tree Akki had pointed to. Sesshomaru pushed his arm at the tree. The tree began to glow a light green color as Sesshomaru's hand went into the tree. Seconds passed then suddenly Sesshomaru screamed in pain and pulled back his arm which was now burned badly. He backed up, clutching his burned arm, then collapsed at Kagome's feet.

"Ah, Sesshomaru?" Kagome whispered and knelt down a bit to see if Sesshomaru was okay.

"Oh well looks like I get to have a go then!" Akki cracked his knuckles and head to the tree.

"Akki no!" Kagome rushed to stop him. "You won't be able to get it!"

"Why not!?" He whined.

"Because it has to be a human. It has to be me!" Kagome explained. With that she plunged her hand into the tree. Suddenly her mind went all fuzzy and her eyes went blank.

***

Kagome now saw a scene being played in her mind. She saw Inuyasha standing almost lifelessly at the well. Anguish covered his face and something dripped to the ground. `Are those tears?' She thought.

Then Inuyasha reached for the Tetsugia lying next to him. He raised it up high, then plunged it into his chest. `No!' Kagome wanted to scream. She wanted to stop him from doing such a stupid thing, but she couldn't.

Suddenly she was pushed back to reality, Akki shaking her by the shoulders. "Kagome! Snap out of it!" He shouted.

"Akki?" She gasped and pulled her arm out of the tree. She was now holding the Tetsugia in its sheath. "Here you go Akki." Kagome handed it over.

"All right!" Akki grinned and took it. He then pulled the sword out of its sheath. "This is it?" He arched an eyebrow. "It's old and rusty." He complained.

"Oh yes." Kagome nodded. "There's one thing you have to do to use it."

"What?"

"You have to promise to protect me." Kagome smiled.

"What!?"

"You heard me, the Tetsugia will only be useful if it's protecting a human life. You have to promise to use it to protect me."

"Ok then…I promise."

"Ah ah. You have to mean it." Kagome waved her index finger from side to side.

"Okay, I really mean it. I'll protect you. I promise!" As he finished saying that the Tetsugia began to glow and it grew into a huge, sharpened blade. "Awesome!" Akki shouted happily. "This is waaaaay better than the wimpy things we get in fencing. Ha!"

The two then noticed Sesshomaru slowly getting to his feet, still clutching his wounded arm. "Here! Let me help with the pain." Akki cackled as he lunged foreward, cutting Sesshomaru's arm off with the Tetsugia. Blood spattered to the ground as the arm fell down and Sesshomaru screamed.

"You!" He cried in pain. "You will pay!"

"Sesshomaru…" Kagome walked a little closer. "You're not him are you?"

"What!?"

"You're not Sesshomaru yet are you?"

"Of course I am! How dare you accuse that of me!?"

"Because, if you were really Sesshomaru you would have known you wouldn't be able to get the Tetsugia just like you just tried. You're still on the path just like Akki is! What's your name?"

"Sesshomaru! I am Sesshomaru!" With that he ran away with lightning speed.

"Well I guess we can find him later." Akki sighed and put the Tetsugia back in its sheath. "I feel a little dizzy…" He stumbled a bit then collapsed to the ground. "Akki!?" Kagome cried and ran to his side.

***

"Damn them." Sesshomaru gritted his teeth as he ran home. Soon he was at the small house he owned. "Oh no." He remembered his arm. "I can't let either of them see this." He then ripped part oh hi pant leg off and wrapped it around what was left of his arm, creating a sling so that no one would be able to tell his arm was gone. The finally he reached his house and opened the door.

"Aokai!" A small girl cried happily as she ran to Sesshomaru and hugged him tightly.

"Hello there Koaru." Sesshomaru, now Aokai smiled slightly, hiding his pain. He then looked up and saw his babysitter in front of them.

"Hello Mr. Hoshi." She nodded at him.

"Hello Kiri. Thanks again. Sorry I was out so late." Aokai apologized.

"Nah its okay. Koaru is such a sweetie, I never mind."

"Well here's your money." He handed Kiri about twenty dollars.

"Thanks." Kiri took it, grabbed her stuff and left to walk home.

"Aokai, what happened to your arm?" Koaru asked.

"Oh its nothing." He lied. "Why don't you go get changed and I'll be in your room to tuck you in in a minute?" Aokai suggested.

"Okay!" Koaru nodded and dashed off to her room.

When she left Aokai walked to his room and pulled a velvet sack out from under his pillow and took out a slim, shining shard of glass. `The Shikon Jewel is broken again. I will find it and get the Tetsugia." He smirked. He took the shard and went to a bureau and opened one of the drawers. (AN: prepare this is kinda sick…) Inside the drawer were a few arms lying there. Aokai selected one a placed the Shikon shard into it then moved it to what was left of his arm. Immediately the pieces attached and it looked as if his arm was good as new.

***

Kagome had somehow managed to lug Akki up to her bedroom and laid him on the floor. She let out a heavy sigh as she walked over to grab her phone. She quickly dialed the number Akki had given her earlier that day to his apartment.

"Hello?" Kaede picked up the phone.

"Hi, Kaede, its Kagome."

"Hello child. Did you two work everything out?"

"I think so. We found the Tetsugia too."

"That's great news Kagome!"

"Yeah, but Akki passed out after using it."

"Don't worry Kagome. He's just adjusting to using its great powers. He hasn't used in quite some time remember?"

"Yeah, well it looks like he's staying at my place for the night."

"That's fine. I'll see you two later."

"Bye." Kagome said and hung up. Next she got up and pulled Akki onto her bed and tucked him in.

***

`What a weird dream.' Akki thought as he slowly awoke in the morning. Suddenly his nose perked up. `It smells like a girl in here…smells like…Kagome!?' He shot up and saw he was lying in a girl's bedroom. That's when she spotted Kagome curled up like a ball in some blankets on the floor. "You should have dumped me on the floor you stupid girl." He whispered as he got out of bed and picked her up. He gently laid her on the bed.

After tucking her in Akki silently walked downstairs to the kitchen, where Kagome's mother was already awake, getting breakfast. "Why hello the Akki!" She smiled warmly at him.

"Uh…hey."

"Lets see, do you like pancakes Akki?" She asked.

"Yeah." He nodded and sat down.

"Hi Akki!" Souta cried happily as he entered the room.

"Um hi."

Souta lept up on to the seat next to Akki. "You know Inuyasha used to be my hero!" Souta smiled. "But then he made Kagome cry a lot. I don't like seeing my sister cry."

"And you tell me this why?" Akki wondered.

"Cause I don't you to make her cry. If you do, I don't know what I'll do." Souta nodded then left.

`Smart kid with an attitude. Great…' He thought and rolled his eyes.

"Don't mind Souta." Mrs. Higurashi informed him. "He just cares for his sister and doesn't want to see her hurt again. She went through a lot of pain after she couldn't go back."

"Oh."

***

Kagome soon woke up and joined her mother and Akki in the kitchen. "Morning!" She yawned and sat down next to Akki.

"Morning dear. Here you go." Mrs. Higurashi placed a plate with pancakes in front of Kagome. "And for Akki." She put down another plate. "Souta! Pancakes are ready!"

"I'll be there in a sec!"

"Oh come on Souta! Just get in her and sit down!" Kagome cried.

"AH!!!" Akki cried as he crashed to the ground

"Oh my." Mrs. Higurashi gasped.

"Ow…" Akki moaned in pain.

"No way!" Kagome shouted. She got down to the floor and looked around Akki's neck. "But you're not wearing the rosary!"

"What are you talking about!?" Akki demanded.

"Kaede put a rosary on Inuyasha and when ever I say S-I-T, Inuyasha would fall to the ground like you just did." Kagome explained.

"Well I ain't wearing no rosary, so why did it happen?" Akki exploded. "Ow…" He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"What is it?"

"Something on my neck feels like it's burning a bit." He explained.

Kagome lept at Akki and flipped up his black hair. "Ah ha!" She exclaimed.

"What?"

"You have a tattoo on the back of your neck! Its shaped like one of the beads on the Rosary!" Kagome explained.

"How'd I get that?"

"How should I know?" Kagome sighed.

"Kagome! Phone for you!" Souta called from the living room.

"Hm…" Kagome muttered as she stood up. "Didn't even hear the phone ring." She then left the room.

"Akki, that was Kaede." Kagome informed Akki as she walked back into the room.

"Yeah, what'd she want?"

"She wants us to go to the orphanage she works at and help out for a while."

"Not again…" Akki whined. "I don't feel like it!"

"Oh really? Well then Akki…SIT!" Kagome shouted.

"Okay, okay…I'll go." Akki grumbled and slowly got up.

Author's Notes: Yup that's it for now! Hope you like it so far! Please don't forget to review, they really keep me going! ^_^