InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Can We Keep Him!? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

Chapter Five

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha…*sniffles* please don't copy or steal.

Author's notes: Whee! More reviews! I'm glad everyone's enjoying the fic so far!

~Chapter Five~

"I can't believe I got stuck working here again!" Akki grumbled.

"Oh get over it. Can't you be happy knowing you're doing some good in the world?" Kagome sighed.

"Of course not." Akki replied. "I mean I don't even get paid!"

"That's why it's called volunteering." Kagome pointed out.

"But I didn't volunteer! You and Rikou forced me to do this!" Akki protested.

"Ah well. We're already here." Kagome sweatdropped as they entered the building in front of them.

"There you are!" Kaede greeted them. "Akki, why don't you show Kagome where all the children are?"

"Yeah, sure whatever." Akki nodded and walked to another room with Kagome following. When the entered the next room there were lots of children of all ages running around and playing.

"Awwww Their all so cute!" Kagome squealed.

"I don't see what's so overly exciting about them." Akki noted.

"Too bad for you." Kagome crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I'm going to meet some of them." With that she walked off. As she left Akki sighed and sat down in a corner of the room.

Kagome walked all around the large room, observing all the kids. A couple kids were rolling a ball back and forth. A few older ones were playing a card came, and a lot of them sat around coloring. That's when Kagome spotted a small boy sitting in a corner alone, playing with a top. `He looks lonely.' She thought and walked over to him. She got down on her knees when she reached him and he looked up at her with wide, bright green eyes, some off his bushy red hair getting in his face. (AN: hmm wonder who this is…)

"Hi there." Kagome smiled. "What's your name?"

"Um…I'm Kit. Kit Sune." (AN: I know, not very original…)

"Hey Kit, my name's Kagome Higurashi." Kagome extended her hand.

Kit placed his small hand in her larger on and the shook hands. "How come you're not playing with the other kids?" Kagome asked.

"Cause none of em want to play with me." Kit explained.

"How come?"

"I don't want to tell you." Kit pouted. "Cause then you'll leave too."

"Why do you say that? It can't be that bad."

"Do you promise not to laugh, or scream or anything?"

"I promise." Kagome assured him. `Now that I can look at him up close, it's possible that this could be Shippo. Looks just like him, but would it really be that convenient? Well this should prove it.' She thought.

"Okay…" Kit said hesitantly closed his eyes. He seemed to be concentrating very hard. Suddenly his ears began to grow pointier and a tail began to grow from behind him. `It is him!' Kagome smiled widely.

"Oh no! See You're going to laugh at me!" Kit whimpered.

"No Kit! Its not that." Kagome told him. "I just was thinking maybe It'd be a good idea if the two of us went to go get some ice cream together."

"Really!? You mean the tail doesn't freak you out?"

"Nope, not one bit. I actually think it's cute!" Kagome smiled and stood up, offering Kit to get on her back. He climbed up and smiled. "You know what? I've got paws too."

***

"Rikou! Where the hell did Kagome go!?" Akki shouted.

"Akki, please calm down. Kagome simply went to get some ice cream with one of the children. A Kit Sune I believe."

"And she just left!?"

"Well you were just sitting in a corner sleeping, I don't blame her." Kaede sighed. "When are you going to learn?"

"Learn what!?"

"To be nice."

"I'm nice!"

"Oh you are? An example please?"

"Um…well, that was that time when…or when I…" Akki thought back.

"That's what I thought." Kaede smirked. "Now if you miss her that much why do you go find her?"

"I don't miss her!!!" Akki exploded.

***

"Mom! I'm home!" Kagome slid the door open and walked into the temple. "And I have a friend."

"Oh is it Akki again?" Souta burst into the room. Instead of seeing the tall dog boy he spotted a little fox boy around seven years old. "Oh, guess not."

"My, who's this Kagome?" Mrs. Higurashi asked as she walked into the room.

"Mom, this is Kit. I've been taking him around town today. He's an orphan at the orphanage Kaede works at."

"Ah I see. Kit, would you like to join us for dinner?" She offered.

"You bet! The junk at the orphanage is awful! Good food would be a nice change!" Kit laughed.

"Kagome why don't you go set the table. Dinner should be done soon."

"Yes Mom." Kagome nodded and went to set the table.

"Hey Kit, you like video games?" Souta asked.

"You bet! I haven't played in a while though I never get a turn at the orphanage. They don't really like me that much there."

"I don't see why. You seem really nice." Souta pointed out.

Kit pointed at his tail and ears. "That's why." Kit grimaced.

"Ah, that no big deal, with Kagome as a sister, I see all sorts of weird things. Believe me, you're not the weirdest!" Souta laughed. "Come on let's play! I just got the newest Tekken!"

"All right!" Kit excitedly agreed.

***

"This was so yummy!" Kit exclaimed after dinner. "Thanks Mrs. Higurashi!"

"Thank-you for the complement Kit." Mrs. Higurashi smiled as she cleaned up.

"Come one Kit, we can play some more now!" Souta ran into the other room with Kit following.

When they left Kagome and Mrs. Higurashi cleared the table and washed the dishes. Kagome was cleaning off a plate when she sighed.

"What's bothering you dear?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.

"Well it's Shippo, I mean Kit." Kagome replied. She paused for a moment. "He's really miserable at the orphanage, and he's really dear to me. I want to take care of him. I really want to adopt him."

"But Kagome, you're not old enough."

"I know, I know. I just wish…"

"Kagome, here's an idea for you. How about I'll adopt him. Then when you feel you're ready I'll give custody over to you."

Kagome's eyes widened as she looked up at her mother. "You'd, you'd really do that for me!?"

"Yes, for you and Kit. He seems to like it here very much. Why don't you go bring it up with him? I'll finish up here."

"Thank you so much Mom!" Kagome smiled and gave her mother a hug. "I love you!" With that Kagome left to go talk to Kit.

"Hey Kit, could you stop playing for a minute, I need to talk to you."

"Okay." Kit agreed as he paused the game, much to Sota's dismay.

Kit and Kagome walked outside and stood just outside the kitchen door, "Kit would you like to have a mom?" Kagome asked.

"You mean, you!?" Kit's eyes widened.

"Well, not my mom wants to adopt you until I can take care of you on my own."

"So you will be my mama someday?"

"Yes."

"Can I still call you mama?"

"Um…I don't see why not."

"So you mean I'll live here!? I won't have to stay in the orphanage?"

"Nope, this will be your home now." Kagome smiled,

"Yeah! Thank you mama Kagome!" Kit cried and hugged Kagome tightly.

***

Akki climbed to Kagome's bedroom window with ease. It was about eight in the morning and Kagome had some explaining to do. He crawled into her room and kneeled on her bed. He then took her shoulders and shook her roughly.

"Ah! Akki! What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Kagome cried as she woke up.

"I'd like to ask you the same thing!" Akki retorted as he stopped shaking her, but still held on to her shoulders.

"Sleeping, and I was planning on sleeping some more, so do you mind leaving me alone!?"

"Feh, I mean yesterday! You just disappeared!"

"Akki, come on, I just want to sleep!"

"Well I'm not gonna let you!"

"Oh yeah? Well then I have no choice. Sit!" Kagome cried, forgetting Akki was holding her.

Akki collapsed on top of her, they're bodies pressed together. "Uh…" Both blushed.

"Heh, that was a bit stupid of me…I forgot you had my shoulders." Kagome stuttered.

"Yeah… well…you should have thought about that!" Akki barked.

"Um…mama Kagome, what are you doing?" Kit said from the next to the bed.

"Ah!" Kagome yelped and pushed Akki of the bed and on to the floor. "Nothing, Kit. It's nothing!" She blushed while Akki moaned in pain on the floor.