InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Falling All Over Again ❯ Kagura Returns ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling All Over Again

~Selene Serenity~

Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: I don't own IY. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's Notes: Hey everyone! Well It's time to get Sango and Miroku into the mix a bit more don't you think? Well don't worry they will, well at least Miroku. Please read and review!

~Chapter Eight~

Akki stood with Koto, Shimu and Kit, holding Kagome in his arms. "Akki! Wake her up now!" Shimu cried.

"What's the rush? She just passed out." Akki replied.

"No, she hit her head a couple times, she may have a concussion. If so we have to keep her awake." She informed him.

"Oh, right." Akki nodded and nudged Kagome a bit. "Kagome, Kagome wake up."

"Uh…not now Akki. I'm tired. I want to sleep." Kagome grumbled, half awake.

"No, stay awake!" Akki shook her.

"Okay, okay." Kagome sighed. "What is it?"

"We're taking you to the hospital." Koto replied.

"I don't need to go to the hospital." Kagome informed them all as she struggled to get out of Akki's arms.

"I don't care Kagome, we're taking you anyways, just in case." Shimu said firmly.

"Oh all right." Kagome sighed and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "But I can at least walk." She began to walk, but her legs gave out and she collapsed. Luckily Inuyasha was right behind her and caught her before she fell. "Or not…" She blushed.

***

Kagome sat up in the hospital bed, her family and doctor standing next to her. "Well Kagome's fine. She does have a concussion, so she'll need to rest for a while, make sure she doesn't hit her head and I'll give you a prescription for some painkiller. Go to the desk just outside and schedule a follow up appointment in about a week." With that the doctor left the room.

"Okay Kagome, we'll go make the appointment, you get ready to leave." Mrs. Higurashi smiled at her daughter. "Come on Dad, Souta." She said to Kagome's brother and grandfather, and the group left the room.

Kagome sighed and pulled the covers off her and stood up. Just as she did Shimu, Koto, Akki and Kit entered the room. "Mama Kagome!" Kit cried and lept into her arms. "Are you okay!?"

"Yes, I'm fine Kit." Kagome giggled.

"Kagome, we wanted to let you know that we're going to try." Shimu stated.

"Try to what?" Kagome starred at the three standing before her.

"What she means is we're going to try our best to remember everything. We want to help you in every way we can." Koto replied.

"That's right, so don't go risking your neck in battle! You don't have to do everything by yourself." Akki added. Small tears began to form in Kagome's eyes. "And no crying!!!" He growled.

Kagome gave a watery smile and wiped away to tears. "Thank-you, everyone. You don't know what this means to me!"

"No, but maybe someday we will." Shimu smiled.

***

"Hey, Koto, look it's Kagome and Akki!" Shimu pointed at the gates of their school. She raised her hand up and waved to them.

"Hi!" Koto cried to them and waved as they drew nearer.

"Hello!" Kagome smiled, while Akki grumbled some kind of greeting.

"What are you two doing here?" Shimu wondered.

"We thought we could go out for something to eat." Kagome suggested.

"There was no `we' involved." Akki pointed out. "It was just you."

"Well, the more time we spend together, the more memories you guys may regain." Kagome said knowingly.

"That's right." Koto agreed. "As long as you're paying…"

"Koto, you never had money in your past life, you think I was going to believe you had it now?" Kagome giggled.

Koto shrugged and sighed. "Well how was I supposed to know that?" He smirked.

***

After they had eaten the four decided to go to a movie before going home for the weekend. When the movie was over it was getting dark, so Akki was forced to wear a baseball cap to hide his protruding ears. As the neared Shimu's house, so they could drop her off, Akki began to sniff the air. "Someone's here." He said.

"Who?" Kagome wondered.

"Someone not good." He replied. "And they're coming closer."

Shimu began to shiver. "Something feels weird? Do you feel it?" She bit her lip lightly.

"Yeah." Kagome and Koto agreed. "Akki, we better get out of here.

"Well, I'm glad to know you haven't lost anymore sense since we last met." A female voice rang through the area.

"That voice…" Kagome tried to figure out where she had heard it before.

That's when a woman walked out from behind the house they were next to. "Now, will you four submit easily or do I have to fight with you?" Kagome looked the woman over. She was pale with thick black hair cropped up into a bun. She was wearing a white and magenta dress and in her hand she held a fan.

"Kagura!" Kagome gasped. "All a matter of time I suppose."

"Exactly." The woman agreed, an evil smirk on her face. "And by the look on your face, I take it your not going to give up easily."

"Damn right we won't!" Akki shouted and unsheathed the Tetsusaiga and ran at her. Kagura laughed and dodged the attack easily.

"Pathetic. You need to master that silly sword all over again, just as I had to master my wind powers once more. But I don't plan on giving you the chance!" She brought fan up, and then brought it back down, along with a forceful wind that pushed the four to the ground. She then lifted herself into the air and looked down at the four. "Lets see, enie, meanie, miny, mo." She laughed and pointed at them, her finger landing at Shimu. She released all of them from her winds, but then used the same wind to push Akki and Kagome on to the road. As they flew back Akki caught Kagome and took most of the crash.

"Akki are you okay?" Kagome asked as she stood up.

"Yeah, lets hurry and get back." Akki jumped up.

Meanwhile Kagura was now holding up what looked like a spear and pointed it at Shimu, who was once again being held down to the ground. "HELP!!!" Shimu cried desperately, trying to move. Koto, being the nearest person, ran towards Shimu just as Kagura released the spear. He covered Shimu's body with her own and the spear landed, in the dead center of his right hand. He screamed out in pain as it punctured his palm, then fell off Shimu, and landed on his back, next to her.

"KOTO!" The other three shouted and ran to him, Shimu now free. Above Kagura was laughing evilly. "Well, I must be going now!" She shouted and her giant feather appeared, whisking her away to who knows where.

Koto had managed to get on to his knees and he was panting heavily, sweat dripping from his forehead. "No…no, not again!" He muttered over and over.

"Koto!" Shimu shouted and knelt down beside him. "I'm sorry! So, so sorry!" She noticed him holding his hand tight in a fist. She reached out to touch it and examine the wound.

"Don't touch it!" He barked and pulled his hand back. Shimu gasped and gazed at Koto's face as he starred down at his hand.

"Koto! Koto she didn't! She couldn't have!" Kagome cried and joined the two on the ground, Akki standing behind her.

"Yeah…she did…damn." He muttered softy. "I need to get to Kaede right away."

Kagome blinked at Koto and thought for a moment. `Kaede? How did he know?' She thought. "All right." She nodded. "Can you walk on your own?" She wondered.

Koto stood but began to collapse again. Shimu held him up from his side and smiled at him. "Let me help you please?" She asked.

Koto nodded. "Yes, but we need to get there quickly. Walking won't cut it…" He pointed out.

"Akki…" Kagome gave Akki a puppy dog pout.

Akki rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah." He sighed, "I'll take you guys let's go."

***

In a few minutes the group was at Akki's apartment. He let the three down and the walked in, Shimu still clutching to Koto's arm. "Kaede!" Kagome called out. "We have a BIG problem!"

"What's the matter?" Kaede asked as she entered the room. She immediately spotted Koto clutching his hand shut as if it was the hardest thing he had ever had to do. "Oh dear…" She sighed. "Koto, Kagome, come with me. Akki and Shimu you better stay out there. Shimu looked shocked that Kaede knew her and Koto's names and reluctantly let go of Koto's arm.

Kagome and Koto then followed Kaede into the kitchen. "Sit down," Kaede offered. "Kagome, Koto…or should I say…Miroku?"

Author's Notes: So…. nice cliffhanger huh? I wonder what's happened to Koto? Well I suppose it's a bit obvious but oh well.