InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever Yours
Chapter Thirteen
 
Kagome woke up with a pounding headache; her phone call to Hojo had not gone well. She had simply said that she had an extra ticket to her ceremony and asked if he would like to come along.
 
As she predicted, he had been overjoyed and commented that it was about time that they actually went somewhere together. He made it sound like he was the only one invited! To top it all off, he offered to treat her to ice cream afterwards to celebrate.
 
Kagome sighed; Today is the day his fantasy ends.
 
**********
Kagome walked into the massive hall where the ceremony would be held. Her family had hurried off to get seats, leaving her to find her way alone.
 
“Hey Kagome!”
 
Kagome saw Inuyasha jogging over to her.
 
“Yasha! What are you doing here so early? The ceremony doesn't start for 45 minutes!”
 
“That's early?”
 
“Well, for you it is.” She said matter-of-factly.
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” he asked fiercely.
 
“When we were doing that school project you showed up late on the first day.”
 
“I already told you that I was there watching you talk to yourself! Name another time!”
 
“How about when…”
 
They argued for another half an hour. All the while, Kagome was grateful to have someone to take her mind off what was to come with Hojo.
 
“Well, I better head backstage.”
 
“I'm starving, is there any vending machines around?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, “I'm sure there is one near the backstage area, you want to come with me? Try not to trip and fall on the stairs Mr. Clumsy.”
 
“I'm not clumsy!” he insisted as they walked up the stairs.
 
“Yes you are, you fell flat on your face twice,” Ah, this subject never gets old. In her quietest voice she whispered, “Sit boy…”
 
CRASH!
 
“See? You just proved my point. Anyways, I gotta go now, if you see Sango and Miroku, tell them I said hi.” She darted toward the door labeled `Reward Recipients'.
 
“Get back here, Kagome!”
 
I really have to be careful with that spell; he is definitely on to me now.
 
**********
“And this last award is a very special one. Judges received thousands of entries for this contest category, Tokyo's Best Overall Fiction. This category's prize money was the most rewarding. 130 000Y.”
 
The announcer paused dramatically, “Please give a huge round of applause for Miss Kagome Higurashi and her story A Feudal Fairytale!”
 
Kagome walked out on stage greeted by thunderous applause. She smiled softly at the audience and accepted her certificate and check from one of the judges.
 
“It was a privilege to read it,” he whispered.
 
Kagome smiled and thanked him. She gave one last smile to the audience before walking off stage.
 
**********
“Kagome, I'm so proud of you!” said her mother said hugging her.
 
“Great job, sis.”
 
“Well done,” said her grandfather.
 
Kagome beamed at them, “Thanks!”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Sango!”
 
Sango gave her a warm hug, “You must be really talented to get the Tokyo's Best Overall Fiction Award, do you plan to be an author when you grow up?”
 
Kagome laughed, “ I'm pretty sure that was a one time thing, Sango, the idea for the story just sort of came to me one day.”
 
That's not technically a lie; the idea to write the story just sort of came to me one day…
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Ayumi!”
 
Ayumi gave her a quick hug, “Eri, Yuka, Hojo and I are going to Wacdnalds to celebrate, you're coming aren't you?”
 
Kagome looked at her mom. She smiled and nodded, “We'll wait for you back at home, be there by dinnertime.”
 
Kagome smiled at her and then turned to Ayumi, “Sure, I'm going to bring some other friends too, okay?”
 
Ayumi looked surprised but she nodded, “Sure Kagome,” then she added in a whisper, “You have to tell Hojo, really soon! I don't know how much longer I can see that happy, luckiest-guy-in-the-world-smile on him!”
 
“I know, I will,” she muttered. “You guys go ahead, I'll catch up.”
 
Ayumi nodded and hurried off.
 
“Hey Kagome! Any chance of using that money of yours to buy me a chocolate explosion sundae?” came a voice from behind her.
 
“No,” she said simply. “You can buy your own.”
 
“Aw, come on - ” said Inuyasha.
 
She grabbed him by the sleeve and dragged him to the spot that Sango and Miroku were talking.
 
“Ice creams anyone?” At Inuyasha's bewildered look, she added, “Oh come on, I was kidding! You don't think I'm that selfish, do you? Of course I'll pay!”
 
**********
“Hey Kagome! Over here!”
 
Kagome saw Eri waving frantically from a large booth. She waved back.
 
“Okay guys, lets sit over there, I want you to meet some old friends of mine.”
 
They walked over to the booth, “Hi guys! I want you to meet Yasha, Sango and Miroku,” she said, pointing to each of them in turn. “And this is Eri, Yuka, Ayumi and Hojo.”
 
Miroku knelt by Ayumi, “You are such a beautiful woman, would you consider bearing my children?”
 
He was answered by a hit to the back of his head, courtesy of Sango.
 
“Don't mind him, he's okay most of the time but keep an eye on his hands,” Sango said, while glaring at Miroku.
 
“Oh Sango - ”
 
A pretty waitress interrupted him, “Are you ready to order?”
 
Miroku instantly turned on the charm, “Would a beauty like you consider -” Sango slapped him before he could continue.
 
Kagome wasn't paying any attention, she was watching Hojo. He was looking at Inuyasha oddly, not knowing what to make of him. Now or never…
 
She stood up, “Hojo can I talk to you?”
 
He instantly smiled, “Of course Higurashi.”
 
She sighed and led him to a spot away from the booths. Time to get this over with…
 
“Um Hojo, it was really nice of you to buy me a car-”
 
“It's at my house if you want to come and pick it up,” he said grinning.
 
“Hojo, I can't accept it,” she said more forcefully, “I-I'm not interested in you like that.”
 
“But…why? Do you already have a boyfriend?”
 
“I don't…but I did. I'm sorry, but I can't go out with you Hojo. Ever.” Without another word she strode back to the booth and took a seat beside Inuyasha.
 
“What was that all about?” Inuyasha asked, glaring at her.
 
Without batting an eye, she grabbed her bowl of ice cream and said, “Don't be jealous, he's just a friend.”
 
Ignoring his protests that he was not jealous, she thought about Sesshoumaru's words.
 
Enough goofing around, I have a job to do. I'm the only one who can stop Kuro and I'm going to do it.