InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I have a few people who have asked me to email them when I update. If you want an email notification, just let me know in a review. Please review!
 
 
 
**********
 
 
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Fourteen
 
Kagome opened her eyes slowly and rolled over on her bed. She turned sleepy eyes to her alarm clock, 10:04AM.
 
Her eyes shot open. She hurriedly got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.
 
“Morning Mama!” she said, as she rushed around the kitchen.
 
“Where's the fire dear?” Ms. Higurashi asked casually. She was making delicious-smelling omelets at the stove.
 
“Its Sunday. I have to go back to school tomorrow and I wanted to visit Kaede, Koga and Ayame.”
 
“Oh I see. Are you going to be gone all day?”
 
“Probably until dinner,” she replied, throwing some things into her yellow backpack.
 
The phone rang.
 
“Kagome can you get that? My hands are full,” said Ms. Higurashi, chopping up some peppers.
 
“But I have to go!”
 
“Please.”
 
Kagome sighed and put the phone to her ear, “Hello?”
 
“Hey Kagome.”
 
Kagome nearly dropped the phone, “How did you get my number?”
 
“The phone book,” said Inuyasha smartly. “What's your problem?”
 
“Oh nothing…I was just surprised. Anyway, what's up?” she asked, getting over her surprise of the phone call.
 
“Miroku gave me a call a few minutes ago. He wants the four of us to hang out at Wacdnald's tonight. He's calling Sango right now, do you want to go?”
 
“What time?” she asked, mentally rearranging her day schedule.
 
“Miroku said around six-thirty.”
 
“Sounds great, I'll be there,” she said. “Talk to you soon Yasha.”
 
“Bye Kagome.” He hung up and she followed suit.
 
She grabbed her backpack and ran out the door, My schedule for today just got a lot tighter…
 
“Bye Mama!” she called.
 
She rushed outside and into the old well house. She sat on the edge and jumped in. The familiar blue light surrounded her as she fell through the time passage to the feudal era.
 
**********
 
Kagome walked quickly to the village. She marched up to Kaede's hut and knocked on the door. The old miko was at the door a few moments later.
 
“Kagome,” said Kaede with a smile.
 
“Hi Kaede,” Kagome said, smiling in return.
 
“Well, don't just stand out there! Come in!” She ushered Kagome inside. “I was just making some stew, would you like some?”
 
“I'd love some!” she exclaimed. Her stomach growled, reminding her that she hadn't tasted her mother's yummy omelets.
 
Kaede poured some soup into a bowl and handed it to her, “Kirara is out playing with some of the village children. What brings ye here Kagome?”
 
“Well, I have a free day and I thought I'd visit you, Koga and Ayame,” she replied.
 
“I'm glad ye did. So, how are Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku?”
 
“Oh they're fine,” Kagome said. “We are going to get together tonight.”
 
“And have ye found out what they are yet. Ye know I told ye that they are not reincarnations.”
 
Kagome sighed, “I know and no, I haven't found out what they are yet.” She paused, “Kaede, I have some bad news.”
 
“Oh?”
 
Kagome grimaced, “Naraku has been reincarnated.”
 
**********
 
Kagome heaved a sigh as she made her way toward her friends' graves. Kaede had confirmed that Kuro was the reincarnation of Naraku when Kagome told her about it. Kagome had also told her about Kuro's plan and how Sesshoumaru was the one who told her. Kaede didn't have any ideas on how to stop Kuro; they were both very worried.
 
Kagome bowed her head as she kneeled at her friends' final resting places.
 
“I'm so afraid…I have to fight Naraku again, but this time I have to do it without help. You guys have no idea how much I miss you. I wish you could be with me right now…”
 
She wiped her eyes and picked four blue flowers. She picked up the old dried flowers and replaced them with the fresh ones. She kissed Inuyasha's flower and whispered that she loved him.
 
Kagome stood up and waited for Koga. He arrived mere minutes later.
 
“Hey Kagome, how're you doing?” he said, grinning at her.
 
“I'm doing alright. How're you? How's Ayame?”
 
“We're both fine, are you in a hurry? Do you want to visit?” he asked.
 
“Of course I do!”
 
**********
 
“Kagome!” greeted Ayame.
 
“Hi Ayame! How's the pregnancy going?” Kagome asked, giving her a hug.
 
“Ugh. This little `bundle of joy' loves to practice its kicks on my stomach!” she growled but she was smiling. “Another six or seven weeks to go!”
 
“You must be so excited!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“I can't wait! Not being fat anymore will be an added bonus.” She said grinning.
 
Kagome glanced at her watch: 5:57PM. She hadn't realized how much time she had spent talking to Kaede. I'm gonna be late…
 
“I'm sorry but I have to go. I'll visit again soon.”
 
“Sure Kagome, It was great seeing you again,” Koga said. He squatted down, “I'll take you back.”
 
**********
 
“Hi guys! I'm sorry I'm late!” Kagome said when she spotted her friends in a corner booth.
 
Sango waved it off, “No big deal, its only ten minutes.”
 
“And you said I was late all the time?” said Inuyasha, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Hey!” Kagome said. Well there's another thing in common, both Inuyashas hate when I'm late.
 
“All right, all right,” said Miroku. “Kagome, Sango ordered you a cheeseburger and fries, but you can get more if you want.”
 
“No, no that's perfect,” Kagome said. “Thanks Sango.” Kagome forked some money over to Sango.
 
“So Kagome, what was your story about?” asked Miroku.
 
“Oh…it was about…that legend I told you about,” Kagome replied nervously.
 
“Maybe we could read it some time,” he remarked casually.
 
“Maybe…”
 
Inuyasha was looking at her oddly. Suddenly a memory flashed into her mind.
 
“Kagome, you know whatever it is, you don't have to do it alone. Me, Sango, Miroku…we're your friends, you can trust us.”
 
…Maybe I don't have to do this alone. Maybe my friends can help me. I don't have anything to lose by telling them. I can trust them.
 
“You guys, there is something I have to tell you.”