InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: As always, please review. And thank you to the people who already do!
 
 
 
 
 
**********
 
 
 
 
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Fifteen
 
The table went silent. Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha had fixed all of their attention on Kagome.
 
“I know you guys think that I've been acting strange lately,” she said, twirling a fry in her fingers.
 
“And are you going to tell us why?” demanded Inuyasha.
 
She popped the fry into her mouth and nodded, “But I am going to warn you guys now. This story sounds beyond crazy…so whether you believe me or not, you have to promise me two things.”
 
“What are they?” asked Sango.
 
Kagome took a deep breath, “One: you will not breath a word of this to anyone. And I mean nobody! This is really important and I can't trust anyone else knowing. I need your word on this.”
 
“I promise I won't tell anyone,” said Sango and Miroku in unison. Everyone turned to Inuyasha.
 
“Keh, who would I tell?”
 
“Promise me,” she said flatly.
 
“Okay, okay, I promise.”
 
“The second promise is that you will not send me to an insane asylum, guidance counselor or anything related to that.”
 
Sango and Miroku chuckled, “No fear of that,” said Miroku.
 
“I'd never do that,” Sango said.
 
“I already promised I wouldn't tell anybody, so how could I send you to those places when I can't repeat whatever it is that you're going to tell us?”
 
At that, Kagome laughed, “Good point.” Her mood went serious again.
 
She sighed, “It all started Thursday night, just after Yasha and I finished our school project. Somebody I knew a long time ago showed up. His name was Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Sesshoumaru?” asked Inuyasha with a peculiar look of of confusion on his features.
 
“Yes, do you know him?” Kagome asked with her heart pounding.
 
He didn't say anything for a moment, “I probably do, it's not a very common name. My brother's name is Sesshoumaru.”
 
Kagome gasped, “Can you do me a favor and ask if he knows someone named Kagome?”
 
“Why did you guys go out or anything?” Inuyasha asked with an annoyed expression.
 
“Oh please. He's too old for me and it seems like he has no personality.”
 
He looked at her with a funny expression, “Yeah, I know what you - ”
 
“Guys! Focus!” Sango said.
 
“Sorry Sango,” Kagome said, feeling embarrassed. “Anyway, Sesshoumaru received some news. He told me that Kuro - you guys know him?” she asked quickly.
 
Miroku shook his head but Sango nodded, “He's not the nicest person in the world Miroku. Continue Kagome.”
 
“Sesshoumaru told me that Kuro has a plan to destroy Japan with a nuclear bomb next Thursday,” she blurted out.
 
Sango's eyes widened. Miroku, however, looked skeptical.
 
“I don't know. There seems to be something wrong with this story. Why would this Kuro guy want to blow up Japan, I mean, wouldn't he be destroyed too?” he asked logically.
 
“Keh, I believe it. Kuro seems to be obsessed with death. He's tried to kill Kagome before,” Inuyasha added.
 
Sango clapped a hand to her mouth, “Oh kami-sama. Why didn't you tell the police? Why didn't you tell me?”
 
Kagome gave her an apologetic glance, “Kuro told me that his dad has a lot of power, it wouldn't matter if a thousand people had witnessed his attempt to kill me, he'd still get off scot-free. And I didn't want to worry you. Yasha knows because he saved me,” she said smiling at him.
 
“It was no big deal,” he muttered, looking away.
 
Miroku looked a little shaken by what she just said but he continued, “Kagome how well do you know this Sesshoumaru guy? Is it possible that he is playing a prank on you?”
 
Without hesitating, Kagome told him no. “He has done some bad things in his life but I don't think he has ever lied or told a joke. He doesn't have a sense of humor! He would never lie, much less about something so serious.”
 
“But then, why does he want you to deal with it? Why can't he call the police or something? And how does he know in the first place?” asked Sango.
 
Kagome shook her head, “He said he wants me to deal with it because he doesn't want to. He can't call the police because he doesn't have any evidence, and plus, Kuro is immune to the law remember? And for your last question, he wouldn't tell me. All I know is, this is for real and I have to stop it, with or without your help.”
 
Inuyasha jerked his head toward her, “So you're asking us for help in stopping a crazy psychopath from destroying Japan next Thursday?”
 
“Well…yeah. I don't think I can do it by myself.”
 
Inuyasha grinned, “Sounds like fun!”
 
“I believe you Kagome,” Sango said sincerely, giving Inuyasha a weird look.
 
“I do too,” added Miroku.
 
Kagome beamed, “Thanks you guys. So, now that you know everything, what are we going to do?”
 
Silence.
 
“That's what I thought,” she muttered.
 
“Well Kagome, why don't you tell us some things about Kuro and what he said to you when he…um, attacked you,” Sango said hesitantly.
 
“I was there, he didn't say anything useful,” Inuyasha said.
 
“All he said was that his father is one of the richest men in Japan, something about a large software company, I think.” She paused. “Oh yeah and he said that he was connected with all of the right people, but I don't see how that is going to help us…”
 
“Hello, what have we here,” said Miroku with a big smile on his face. While Kagome, Sango and Inuyasha had been chatting, Miroku had been poring over the daily newspaper that someone had left at their table.
 
“What do you have there Miroku?” asked Sango curiously.
 
“See for yourself,” he said, pushing the paper toward her.
 
“Celebrity Gives Exclusive Interview About Upcoming Gala Party,” she read incredulously. “I can't believe you! Thinking about girl celebrities at a time like-”
 
“Just read it,” he said, looking deeply offended.
 
Sango complied and after a few minutes she looked up, “It's just what the title says, an interview about a big party that is coming up.”
 
“A big party with some of the biggest names in Japan. A party that Kuro's father and Kuro are bound to get invited to.”
 
“I don't get it either,” said Inuyasha.
 
Miroku sighed, “Look at the date.”
 
Sango, Kagome and Inuyasha all leaned over the paper.
 
Next Thursday.
 
Kagome gasped, “Oh my…that's the place! That's where Kuro is going to launch his bomb!”
 
Miroku nodded grimly, “And you know what that means.”
 
Inuyasha nodded, “We have to get into that party.”