InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I have the autographs of the voice actors of Miroku and Inuyasha! Kirby and Richard! My friend got them for me at a convention. I'm so happy! They even wrote my name and a note!
 
I have the best reviewers in the world! Thank you guys so much! It really does make me update faster when you review.
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Sixteen
 
“Okay Miroku, spill. Right now,” Sango said, giving him a threatening look.
 
Kagome knew why she was annoyed. Miroku had called each of them the night before, not long after their dinner date had broken up. He had told them that he knew a way to get into the party and he would let them know the next day, during lunch period.
 
“Yeah, Japan is going to be destroyed in less than two weeks and you'll `tell you at lunch tomorrow'?” Inuyasha grumbled, seemingly quoting a part of his phone conversation with Miroku.
 
“I'm with Sango and Yasha, tell us!” Kagome added.
 
“Relax, relax,” Miroku said. “I did as much research on the party as I could before I called you guys-”
 
“As much as you could? Hardly. Ten minutes after I got home, you called,” Sango said.
 
Miroku looked at her. “I told you I got as much information as I could, the party hasn't happened yet. There isn't going to be information in every direction.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Good point,” she said.
 
“You were saying?” Inuyasha prompted.
 
“Right. I called you guys as soon as I got enough information and here is what I found out.”
 
He pushed some papers toward Kagome.
 
“I got those off of some Internet sites, some celebrity obsessed Internet sites. It mostly shows a few of the famous names that are invited and the place.”
 
“Wow, aren't they afraid that some obsessed fans will crash the party or something?” asked Sango.
 
“Security is really tight,” Miroku said, shaking his head.
 
“Then how the hell are we supposed to get in there?” Inuyasha exclaimed.
 
“Yasha, shh,” Kagome whispered, looking up from her sheets. “I knew we shouldn't have discussed this during our lunch period, what if someone overhears us?”
 
“Relax Kagome, the tables aren't exactly stuck together. And its Monday, most people are in the library doing the homework that they didn't do on the weekend.”
 
Kagome laughed, “I used to spend all of my lunch hours in the library last year, I didn't make it to school too often so I had to get as much done as I could.”
 
Sango looked at her curiously. “Yeah, I heard you were sick all of the time last time and you would only make it to school for major tests and stuff. Usually when people get sick, they mysteriously get sick on test days.”
 
Kagome laughed nervously, “How about that, huh?” She quickly changed the subject. “Say, Miroku, what exactly am I looking for? I don't know Kuro's last name, so I don't know if he's invited or not. It's going to be a lot of work getting in there in the first place so we should make sure we have the right place.”
 
“Well then, we have to find out his last name don't we? Sango, Kagome and Yasha, you are all in his class, one of you volunteer to take the attendance to the office or something.”
 
“Hey that's a pretty good idea,” said Inuyasha, looking impressed.
 
“It is,” Kagome agreed, looking back at the papers.
 
“Can I take a look?” Inuyasha asked, looking bored.
 
Kagome pushed the paper toward him. He flipped through the first couple of pages without reading them. Then he paused.
 
“Miroku, why do you have these two celebrities highlighted?”
 
“Oh I forgot about that. I guess I should tell you guys my plan to sneak in to the party.”
 
Sango and Kagome snapped to attention, “Tell us!” they demanded.
 
“Okay. You see these two names?” he asked, tilting the paper toward them.
 
Kagome leaned forward. “Akemi Matsushita and Hanako Suzuki,” she stated.
 
“Yes, they are our way in,” Miroku said.
 
“I don't follow you,” Sango said, sounding confused.
 
“Yeah, Akemi is a famous singer and Hanako is a famous actress. How are we going to get in touch with them? Why would they help us?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Let me talk, Hanako is very similar to Sango as far as looks go. Same thing with Kagome and Akemi.”
 
Sango and Kagome looked at each other. “You know, I think he's right,” said Kagome thoughtfully.
 
“Yeah,” Sango agreed. “With a little makeup and hair styling, you could be Akemi's double.”
 
“Yeah, same with you and Hanako,” Kagome said.
 
“That's great, but Miroku! What about us?” said Inuyasha.
 
“What about us?” Miroku asked, looking confused.
 
“We need to get into the party too!”
 
“Right, right. I was thinking that we could go as security guards.”
 
“What?”
 
“You know, make a fake ID, find a uniform, sneak in…”
 
Inuyasha grinned, “Cool!”
 
Miroku nodded with a faint smile. “Now we just need one of you to confirm that Kuro is going to this party. Here is the guest list. Compare the last names with Kuro's last name.”
 
“No problem,” Kagome said.
 
“Good luck,” said Miroku, as the bell rang.
 
**********
 
“Okay, I need somebody to take the attendance down for me.”
 
Kagome, Inuyasha and Sango shot their hands into the air.
 
This has got to work; there are three of us. There is a good chance she'll pick one of us.
 
“Miss Saito, you can take the attendance down.”
 
Kagome let out a sigh of disappointment. Next to her, Inuyasha was doing the same.
 
Sango, however, jumped up with a grin on her face. She made her way toward the Sensei's desk.
 
Kagome grabbed her sleeve as she walked by. “What are you doing?” she hissed.
 
Sango gave her a strange look. “She picked me. My name is Sango Saito.”
 
Kagome flushed. “I'm sorry. I didn't know your last name.”
 
Sango smiled. “It's okay.” She headed up to the front desk, with the guest list hidden in her pocket.
 
I can't believe that I didn't know her last name…
 
**********
 
Fifteen minutes later, Sango returned. She made her way to Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
“It's him all right. His name is Kuro Ito, his father's name is Kazuo Ito. Not only Kuro invited, his father is hosting the party.”
 
Inuyasha snickered. “His father's name means Man of Peace, how appropriate,” he said sarcastically.