InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: School has started and there is lots of homework so updates will be limited to every two weeks. I promise that this story will be finished. I love it too much to abandon it.
 
**********
Forever Yours
Chapter Seventeen
 
Several days had passed since Kagome and her friends had discussed how to get into the party and it was now the eve of the big day, Wednesday. School was over. As always, Kagome was walking home with Inuyasha.
 
“Kagome, you've been really quiet today. You barely said a word at lunch,” said Inuyasha.
 
Kagome gave him a Look. “What do you expect? Tomorrow I'm going to sneak into a party and stop a nutcase from launching a nuclear bomb! You do know that I've never done that before right? What if one of us gets hurt? I'll never forgive myself if something happens to you, Sango or Miroku.” She knew she was getting panicky but she couldn't help herself.
 
They were at the base of her shrine, right in front of the stairs. Inuyasha grabbed her shoulders and spun her so that she faced him. “Kagome, you need to calm down. I can't promise that nobody is going to get hurt but you are not going to stop him all by yourself.”
 
She sighed and started to climb the steps with Inuyasha at her side. “You're right…by the way, I meant to ask you a long time ago…does your brother, Sesshoumaru, know anybody named Kagome?”
 
“No. I asked him but he has never met anyone with your name.”
 
“Oh,” she said.
 
Well really, what did I expect?
 
They reached the door. “Do you want to come in?” Kagome asked.
 
“Got any food?”
 
Kagome laughed. “I'm sure we have something you'll like.”
 
“Let's go in then!” he said, bounding inside.
 
Kagome followed him. “Just go and look in the cupboard over the stove, that's where we keep snacks and easy-to-make food,” she said. “I'm going to call Sango and Miroku, I kind of want us to all be together before…”
 
“We crash the party?”
 
“Well, yeah.”
 
“You seem really convinced that we're going to die - Ramen!” he shouted, pulling the instant noodles out of the cabinet.
 
“You like that stuff?” Kagome asked, while being reminded of another Inuyasha…
 
“I love it!” he exclaimed as Kagome picked up the phone.
 
**********
 
“Thanks for coming over guys,” Kagome said, opening the door.
 
“No problem Kagome, I was hoping we'd all get together tonight,” Sango said, stepping inside.
 
“I couldn't agree more,” added Miroku.
 
Kagome led them to the kitchen and flopped down into a chair. Inuyasha was stuffing his face with his third bowl of Ramen.
 
“Where's your family?” Sango asked.
 
“Mama and Grandpa went to Souta's `End of the Year Summer Festival.' I told her that I didn't want to go because I had a lot of work to do. She thinks that it's for exams.”
 
Sango and Miroku nodded. “It all feels so unreal, I mean, what is happening,” said Sango thoughtfully. “I am going to be Hanako tomorrow…oh damn!”
 
“What!” Kagome cried in alarm.
 
“I'm going to be Hanako and you are going to be Akemi…but what if the real Hanako and Akemi get there first? They will be marked off on the sheet and we'll never be able to get in!”
 
“So we get there early,” Inuyasha said obviously.
 
“We don't want to get there too early or we'll just be hanging around looking awkward and people will get suspicious,” said Miroku reasonably. “We have to time it perfectly. Usually the singers and actresses arrive an hour and a half to two hours late, so we'll just go slightly before that.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Do you and Yasha have your security uniforms and fake ID's?”
 
“I got the uniforms from a catalog, it's the same type that National Tokyo Security wears. Yasha, did you make the ID's?”
 
Inuyasha nodded and grinned. “These days, if you have a computer you can do anything!”
 
Kagome gave him a hard look. “But I hope that not everyone makes fake ID's as entertainment.”
 
Sango laughed. “Relax Kagome you're stressed.”
 
“No I'm not!”
 
“So are we going to school tomorrow or should we just skip?” Inuyasha asked casually.
 
“And leave Kagome to do nothing but stress herself out? I don't think that's a very good idea,” Miroku told him.
 
“Hey!”
 
**********
 
“That's a really nice dress. Definitely something Akemi would wear,” Sango said approvingly, as she gently lined Kagome's eyes.
 
Kagome was wearing a long, strapless, pale blue gown with a white sash around the middle. “Thanks, I bought it for graduation. I know we don't graduate from high school for another year but when I saw this I knew I wanted it.”
 
“Yup, exactly a year till we graduate. In a week we finish eleventh grade - You're all done,” she said snapping her makeup case shut.
 
Kagome and Sango stood in front of the mirror in Kagome's room. “I hope I did okay with your makeup Sango, I don't have much experience with the stuff.”
 
“You did fine,” Sango assured her.
 
Her dress was similar to Kagome's but it was black with a pale pink sash around the waist. Hers also had spaghetti straps. When she bought it the weekend before, she explained that she didn't want Miroku to `accidentally' pull it down. Kagome had laughed.
 
“My mother thinks that I'm spending the night at your house studying for exams so she, Souta and Grandpa took the opportunity to visit some relatives. I just hope that she doesn't try to call me at your house.”
 
Sango nodded to say she understood.
 
An impatient knock sounded at the door. “What's taking you so long? You've been in there for two hours!”
 
Sango rolled her eyes, “Calm down Yasha, you can't rush the process of turning into a celebrity.” Kagome giggled, she was starting to feel calm again, almost like they were double dating to a very formal -
 
Stop right there! Don't even think it! Inuyasha Takahashi is not my Inuyasha. I know it, Kaede knows it, Sesshoumaru knows it, now stop thinking about it!
 
Kagome lightly shook her head to rid herself of these thoughts (not wanting to ruin her hair).
 
“Relax Yasha, we're practically done and we'll leave soon. Go make yourself some Ramen.”
 
Silence. Then the sound of Inuyasha thudding down the stairs. Kagome laughed.
 
“Shall we leave?” asked Sango, putting on a silly accent.
 
“We shall,” Kagome replied giggling.
 
They stepped out of the room and saw Miroku leaning against the wall. When he saw Sango, his mouth dropped open. He walked over to her and said, “Sango, would you bear my - ”
 
“Don't even say it or I will knock you unconscious and you won't get to come,” Sango threatened.
 
Miroku shut his mouth.
 
“I'm going to go make sure Yasha doesn't rid us of our Ramen stock,” Kagome said smiling.
 
“Okay,” said Miroku, speaking for the both of them.
 
Kagome walked carefully down the stairs to see Inuyasha almost finished with his first bowl of Ramen. He looked up, saw her and started choking.
 
“Inuyasha! Are you okay?”
 
“Water!” he gasped. Kagome fetched it for him and watched him frantically drink it.
 
“I didn't think I looked that bad,” she said trying to make a joke.
 
“You don't,” he assured. “I've never seen you dressed up before, you look…nice,” he said awkwardly.
 
Kagome blushed as Miroku and Sango entered the room.
 
“It's time to go,” Miroku said.