InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Somebody please tell me what a doc. Label is or I'll never be able to post stories on ff.net. Thanks for all of the reviews, you guys are awesome. To those of you who don't review…do you hate my story that much? It has to be okay or else you wouldn't have read this far. Even one word reviews are great! Lol.
 
 
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Eighteen
 
“I can't do this,” Kagome whispered to herself.
 
From the hill that they were standing on, Kuro's mansion loomed as a bright silhouette against the night sky. Limos were pulling up and handsome men were escorting women in fancy dresses through the grand doors.
 
Sango and Miroku didn't here what she said but Inuyasha looked at her oddly.
 
“Okay, here's the plan,” Miroku started, “I am going to go to those doors, quickly flash my ID and I should get in there no problem. Five minutes later, Sango approaches, tells the guy at the front that she is Hanako and goes inside. Try not to make eye contact. Five minutes later, Kagome will do the same as Sango and five minutes later, Yasha will do the same as me. Clear?”
 
Inuyasha and Sango nodded confidently.
 
“Good, as soon as we get in there, we have to begin searching for a place that Kuro could keep his…project. Avoid mingling at all costs.”
 
“Says the person who gropes every girl he sees,” Sango muttered under her breath. Kagome grinned at her.
 
“Okay here I go,” he paused, “Sango my dear, I pray we shall meet again soon.”
 
Sango whacked him, “Get going, we don't have all day!” It might have been Kagome's imagination but she could've sworn that Sango was blushing.
 
Kagome anxiously waited five minutes before telling Sango that it was her turn. Sango nodded and disappeared down the hill. Kagome saw her pause before walking inside. She let out a breath that she hadn't realized she'd been holding.
 
A few minutes later Inuyasha said, “Its your turn Kagome.”
 
Kagome looked at the house and her knees gave out. Inuyasha caught her right before she hit the ground.
 
“Kagome! What the hell is wrong with you? If you get that dress dirty you'll never get in.”
 
“I can't do this!” she yelled, “I can't! It's just like last time!” she shrieked, losing control of herself.
 
“Kagome, look at me!”
 
“Like last time!”
 
“Kagome, LOOK AT ME!!” he roared.
 
Kagome did and saw…fear? Worry? “I…I…I'm - ”
 
“Kagome, what the hell did you mean by last time?” he demanded. “There's something you're not telling me.”
 
“Inuyasha!” She threw herself at him and wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him for all it was worth. “Inuyasha, I can't let it happen again! Kuro is just like Naraku!” As soon as she said it, she mentally slapped herself.
 
She tried to pull away but Inuyasha wouldn't let her go, “Who is Naraku?” he asked slowly and deliberately.
 
“He was…the one who killed Inuyasha…and my other friends,” she said softly, tears coming to her eyes.
 
“You mean your other friends died because of this bastard?” Inuyasha asked angrily.
 
“Yes,” she whispered. “They were like Sango and Miroku. I feel like…like history is repeating itself,” She held him tighter and buried her face into his shoulder; she knew this was embarrassing him but she was so afraid. “I don't want to lose you too.”
 
To her shock, his arms relaxed their grip on her shoulders and he embraced her gently. “Don't worry Kagome, I'm not going to die.”
 
“You better not or else I'll kill you,” she said, smiling despite herself.
 
She held onto him a few moments longer, blushing pink, before pulling away. “Why don't you want people to know your real name?” she blurted out of the blue, “I almost slipped up a few times!”
 
He almost fell over in shock at her change in attitude, “Kagome, now is not the time.”
 
“Oh come on!”
 
“No,” he said firmly, giving her a slight push, “Hurry up before Akemi beats you to the door.”
 
She sighed in exasperation, “Okay, you win for now, but don't think I'm giving up on this!” With that, she grinned at him and set off to the grand doors.
 
**********
 
“Name please,” said the clipboard guy in a bored voice. He didn't look at her.
 
“Akemi Matsushita,” Kagome said confidently.
 
He glanced up at her. “Oh, Miss Matsushita, my granddaughter is a big fan of your work, could you sign this for her?” he asked, thrusting a piece of paper under her nose.
 
So much for not making eye contact.
 
She smiled graciously and quickly wrote the singers name down, not trusting her voice to ask what his granddaughters name was.
 
“Thank you, thanks. Go on in,” the man said, babbling like and idiot. Kagome actually felt bad that his granddaughter wouldn't get a real autograph. She walked inside.
 
What she saw took her breath away. There was a grand staircase with a red carpet on the stairs, a majestic chandelier hanging from the ceiling, an impressive buffet and a dance floor on white marble. People were everywhere, talking and laughing. In short, the place was the most beautiful place that Kagome had ever seen.
 
It's hard to believe what's going to happen here.
 
Kagome tried to focus; she wasn't here to mingle, she was here to stop a dangerous threat. She wondered where Sango and Miroku were.
 
She realized that she was standing in the middle of the dance floor with a dazed expression on her face. She flushed and made her way over to the food table.
 
Okay, Lets think. I am Kuro. I am going to launch a nuclear weapon tonight but I don't want anybody to mess up my plans. Where would I hide the weapon?
 
Kagome's eyes snapped open. The attic! All houses had one and it was guaranteed that no guests would venture up there. Kagome smiled, it was time to go up.
 
“Hello there, Akemi.”
 
Kagome mentally groaned but she pasted a smile on her face and turned toward the person who had spoken.
 
There, grinning at her, was a young male with shoulder-length ginger hair, tied fashionably with a blue ribbon. He was toned and about three inches taller than her.
 
It was Shippo's reincarnation. Kagome was absolutely positive.
 
Kagome bit her lip to keep her jaw from dropping. When she composed herself she smiled charmingly.
 
“Hello, how are you?” She felt to stupid to ask for his name. She was sure the real Akemi already knew it.
 
“I'm fine. Did the guy at the front ask for an autograph for his granddaughter too?” he asked grinning.
 
Kagome laughed. “He sure did.”
 
Shippo's reincarnation shook his head. “I asked what his granddaughter's name was and he started stuttering, and saying things like, `Oh Yasuo, she doesn't need a personalized autograph; just your name is fine', I think he just wants something to sell on Ebay.”
 
Kagome laughed again, no longer feeling bad about the autograph. She imagined him trying to sell her fake autograph on the Internet. She knew his first name now, Yasuo. From what she heard from her friends, he was a great singer and he wrote music for teens. Kagome thought he was roughly a year or two older than her.
 
“So are you having fun?” she asked.
 
Yasuo made a face and she laughed. “Nah, just a bunch of wealthy people trying to look impressive.”
 
Kagome was surprised at how down-to-earth he was and how easy it was to talk to him. He and Akemi must be very good friends.
 
“Tell me about it,” she replied, rolling her eyes.
 
He looked at her curiously. “You know Akemi, you seem kind of different tonight - ”
 
He was cut off by a deep voice. “Miss, you have to come with us.”
 
Kagome turned around and saw two big security men. One of them handcuffed her hands together behind her back.
 
This can't be happening!
 
“What's going on?” asked Yasuo, alarmed.
 
“This woman is not Akemi. She was not invited and she is not allowed to be at a party of this nature. Miss, you are under arrest.”