InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Countless people have emailed me, asking what Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha are since, I can assure you, they are not reincarnations. I already have a plan for them but I would really like to hear what you think they are.
 
 
 
 
**********
 
 
 
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Nineteen
 
Kagome panicked.
 
Yasuo scowled at the security guards. “This is Akemi, I think I know my friends,” he said sarcastically.
 
One of the security guard looked at him hard. “This is Akemi? Hardly. I was just speaking with Miss Matsushita. I was called to the front foyer because the man with the guest list was convinced that he had just let Miss Akemi in,” he explained.
 
“However, this time the real Akemi was there,” the second man chimed in. “She had identification, her agent and her date with her.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to speak but she didn't know what to say. Her voice would betray her anyway.
 
Yasuo still looked doubtful. He turned to Kagome. “Tell these idiots that you are Akemi.”
 
The security guards bristled at being called idiots. “Look over there Mr. Yasuo,” one of them said, pointing a short distance away.
 
Yasuo turned and saw the raven-haired singer looking confused and speaking with her agent. He paled.
 
One of the security guards smirked. “I rest my case.” He turned to Kagome. “Enough stalling, lets get going.” He took her cuffed wrists and began strolling towards the back doors.
 
They hadn't taken more than three steps when a cool voice said, “That is enough. Release her.”
 
Kagome's heart stopped beating; the voice didn't sound very friendly and the men's firm grip on her prevented her from turning around and seeing who it was. If she could have, she would have put her hands together, got on her knees and started praying that the voice didn't belong to Kuro.
 
She could feel one of the hands relax its hold on her wrist.
 
“S-Sir, but this woman has come to this party uninvited and she impersonated a singer and sh-she lied to this young man and the man with the guest book and - ”
 
“Are you questioning my demands? I very clearly told you to release her,” the voice continued calmly. “Now take those cuffs off and return to your posts or I will have you thrown out.”
 
“Y-Yes sir,” they both stuttered sounding utterly terrified.
 
Kagome felt hope deflate from her heart. Who else could invoke this much fear in these security guards? Kuro was the son of one of the most important men in Japan! Of course they would fear him too.
 
It's all over for me. I just hope Inuyasha and the others won't get caught. I hope they can save Japan.
 
That was her last thought before her wrists fell to her sides, free of the cuffs. She took a deep breath and turned around.
 
A man with long black hair and dark, cold eyes looked back at her. He was wearing an expensive suit and he looked very tall and distinguished.
 
Great, she thought sarcastically. Instead of Kuro, she had to deal with his father.
 
She kept her eyes locked on his, waiting for him to make the first move. She could feel Yasuo watching them a few feet away.
 
Kazuo took a step toward her. Kagome flinched but forced herself to keep her feet rooted to the floor.
 
He took another step forward, and another, and another until they were mere inches apart. He leaned down and whispered, “You have to be more careful.”
 
Kagome nearly gasped at the familiar voice. “Sesshoumaru? Is that you?”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded slowly and Kagome breathed a sigh of relief. In this day and age youkai could not just walk around in their true form. Of course Sesshoumaru would have a concealment spell. “I thought you were…Kazuo Ito.”
 
Sesshoumaru ignored her. “So, you have found the whereabouts of the bomb,” he stated quietly, glancing around the room.
 
Kagome started to get angry, “It would have helped if you had given me more information or better yet, got rid of it yourself!” she whispered loudly. “You know where it is! You know everything about it! So why can't you get rid of it yourself? You do know that I might fail and everyone in Japan will die, you included!”
 
Sesshoumaru looked bored. “Are you finished?” Kagome thought for a second before nodding. “Good then get going. You are wasting time and I need to make sure that your other friends don't get themselves arrested.” Without another word, he strode off.
 
Kagome watched him go. He knows that I have friends with me? What else does he know?
 
“So,” Yasuo said from beside her. “You know Lord Sesshoumaru?”
 
Lord? Kagome thought. “Um yeah, we met a long time ago.”
 
Yasuo looked impressed, “I'm surprised you weren't invited. Knowing someone that famous should make you famous too.”
 
Kagome turned shocked eyes to him. “You're not mad that I impersonated your friend, Akemi?”
 
He shook his head. “Nah. I've really enjoyed talking to you Miss…”
 
“Kagome,” she said. “Just Kagome.”
 
As soon as she said that she mentally groaned. What if Kuro came by to talk to Yasuo? She immediately banished this worry. Kuro was in the attic with his bomb, he wouldn't be down here all night.
 
“Well it was great talking to you Kagome,” he said. “I had better go chat with Akemi now before she gets mad at me for talking to her look-alike.”
 
Kagome laughed, although she thought of Kikyo when he said that. “All right, bye Yasuo,” she said to Shippo's reincarnation.
 
“Hang on for a second,” he said, taking out a pen and paper. He feverishly wrote something down, folded it and put it into her hand. “That stays with you only,” he said seriously.
 
Kagome nodded. He grinned and walked over to Akemi and her date.
 
Walking toward the stairs, she opened the little piece of paper. There, in messy writing, was the message:
 
`Kagome. It's hard to find real friends when you're a celebrity. However, you seem really good-hearted and down-to-earth. Hope to talk to you soon. Yasuo.'
 
At the bottom of the paper was an email address. An email address that fan mail was not sent to. She was sure that the media didn't know about this.
 
Wow…Shippo that's a lot of trust you have in me.
 
Smiling, she tucked the little piece of paper into the top of her dress and escaped up the stairs unnoticed.
 
 
**********
 
Kagome was on the third floor by now. She looked around at the fancy doors and vases on hallway tables and she tried to focus on an attic door. She kept walking down the hallway.
 
Kami-sama! Any of these doors could lead to the attic! Which one is it? Which one?
 
She made her way to the end of the hallway and stopped. On the second floor, there had been a long hallway with doors across from each other and at the end there was a wall with a giant vase in front of it.
 
However, there was no giant vase here. There was another door in its place.
 
Kagome swallowed and reached for the door, praying that it wasn't locked. Her gut was telling her that she had reached her goal. She grasped the shiny gold doorknob and pushed the door open.
 
She peeked inside and saw a wooden staircase leading up to another door. Kagome sighed and began to ascend the steps. The next door was nowhere near as fancy as the first one. It was made of fake wood that was peeling and the doorknob looked old and rusty. She turned the knob and stepped into the attic.
 
A dim light greeted her, along with boxes and chests. It looked like a typical storybook attic. Kagome moved around quietly, not wanting to alert Kuro.
 
“Well, well, well. If it isn't Kagome Higurashi.”
 
Kagome turned to her left and saw Kuro sitting calmly on a chair. Next to him there was something that looked like a stubby silver rocket that was twice his height long and two feet taller than her. She had found it; this was the nuclear bomb.