InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fortune of Dreams ❯ Th Rise of a New War Lord ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Hehe~~ like my last chappie? Oh, and sorry about the limey bits, but it's like if I don't included them, in the future chaps, you won't know what I mean when I write something so………I hope you were terribly disturbed………Anyway, did everyone have a wonderful Valentine's Day? I didn't, I had to go to English tutoring~~ XD XD XD

Chapter 5 - The Rise of a New Warlord

It was a rainy day at the city of Tokyo, where Kagome and Inutaishou resided in a prison city. (AN: Okay, try this image. A city, kinda dirty, a wall surrounding it and all, spikes at the top...etc.) Looking out the window, a bird was flying here and there, but never out of the sight of the window. Kagome place some plate of rice on the windowsill, slowly, the bird flew down and began to eat the rice. Kagome smiled at the bird. Somehow, the bird seems to know her emotional face. After its little meal, the bird flew into the house and rest beside Kagome on the table. There, it chirped a melodious tune. Suddenly an idea came to Kagome's head.

`I can write a letter to Sesshoumaru!'

It was like as if the bird heard Kagome's mind and jumped closer to her and tried its best to tell Kagome that it was willing to take a letter to the Western Lands.

"Huh~?" Kagome thought, `Can this bird read my mind or something?' The bird jumped around on the table. "Inutaishou-sama, I think I got an idea we can contact Sesshoumaru!"

~~~~*~*~~~~*~*~~~~*~*~~~~

"Kagome, where are you?" Sesshoumaru said out loud. He had missed her terribly for the last whole month. Where would the abductors have taken her? He looked down on to the necklace she left behind and the one she gave him.

"Sesshoumaru," Lady Yumoko's voice came through the door. "There will be no help to worry soo much."

"You have no idea," Sesshoumaru said to his mother, when he had finally found love, it was taken away from him. Why? WHY? "I was finally able to show my feelings towards her the first time and now…..she's kidnapped!" He threw his hands in the air frustrated.

"You're not alone in the suffering." Yumoko said to him, calmly. Understanding that his mother was missing his father and worried over the two brothers and Kagome was a little too much.

"I'm sorry, it's just that it's soo frustrating." Sesshoumaru tried to calm down. In the past month, Sesshoumaru had missed having Kagome's very being near him and her scents of blue berries surround him. (AN: Hey, has anyone smelt a blue berry flavored pen before?? It's soo nice! I think blue very/vanilla is sweet unlike lavender………it's more a herbal sweet smell………) Without her, he felt, empty.

Suddenly, a little black bird came in through the window and landed on Sesshoumaru's table.

"What is that thing doing in here?" Sesshoumaru said as he looked at the fluffy bird. (AN: It's a long distance you know, image, fly from Tokyo to Osaka! And the wind...!!)

"It's a letter."

Yumoko slowly untided the letter on the bird's leg, as she began to open the letter, suddenly she grasped. Sesshoumaru heard her and then smelt the air.

`Father and Kagome's scent?!' And turned around. It's from the letter! Father sent a letter? Could he be with Kagome? "Mother! It's from………"

~~the letter~~

To my dearest wife and sons,

I'm am sorry for you to worry about me but I'm afraid I can not return, I'm am taken a prisoner by, I don't know who, but I can write this one letter now and not sure whether I'll ever get the chance again, so listen carefully, Sesshoumaru MUST become the new Warlord of the Western Lands for I am unable to do so. I'm sorry for only being only to write so little but Kagome also has some word to say to Sesshoumaru in the other letter. Please, don't worry about me and help our son to become a formidable Warlord.

With all my love,

Inutaishou

~~~End Letter~~~

"Looks like there is a letter for you, from Kagome."

Sesshoumaru quickly snatched the letter from his mother. His heart jumped at the sound of his love's name.

~~Kagome's letter~~

Dear Sesshoumaru,

I'm sorry, for disappearing like that, but it isn't what I wanted, to be kidnapped. It seems like you father has fallen over the same spell that was cast over you too when we were in the forest, only that he still has no youkai ability.

I miss you soo much, please, listen to your father's advice, become the new Warlord, it is your destiny in the future if not now anyway, then come and search for us, I know of your family tradition but I don't care because I know that in your heart, I will always be there and that is all I need. This will be my only request till you find me again, please! Do it for our reunion.

Miss you, love you,

Kagome

~~End letter~~ (AN: Sorry, I just don't like writing long letters unless necessary... :P)

"So what is you decision?" Yumoko asked her son as he finished reading Kagome's letter.

"I decide as father wishes, and get back Kagome and father." Sesshoumaru said determinedly.

"You know what it means don't you?" Yumoko asked him seriously, "To become a Warlord, in our family tradition, you must have a wife or going-to-be wife with you," she recited. "Which in your case, Kagome is not with you currently."

"But I do not wish to be bonded with another but Kagome! I do not wish to have a second wife!" Sesshoumaru shouted as he realized what he would have to do, but then remembered Kagome's word in the letter.

I don't care because I know that in your heart, I will always be there and that is all I need.

"Kagome..." Sesshoumaru said, almost as if he wanted to cry in sadness and confusion. "What am I suppose to do?"

"What would Kagome want you to do?" Yumoko asked him.

"To follow my destiny."

Yumoko nodded and agreed with his decision.

"Well my son, we have lots of work to do before you can become the Lord of the Western Lands." She said and then she noticed the bird was asleep on the table. "That bird must have had a long journey. Let is rest for a while here and then maybe we can try and write a letter back."

~~~~*~*~~~~*~*~~~~*~*~~~~

"Inutaishou-sama, would you like me to get that for you?" Kagome asked as him as he tried to do some washing.

"Yes, please. I never new that this kind of work was this hard until now." He said to her, wiping his forehead slick with sweat. Kagome only smiled.

"This is how you do it." Kagome showed him. Grabbing hold of the fabric and ran it down the bumpy board, just touching the water and pull it up again.

"How did you learn to all this? I mean this servant work and all the other skill you know, like the cooking and this laundry?" Inutaishou asked her, amazed at her human talent.

"Well, I'm not really the daughter of the Eastern Lord." Kagome began the story, which got Inutaishou thinking. "I was an orphan before I was adopted to work in the Eastern palace at the age of four. I used to do this kind of things all day. It was until I was around seven or eight, Lady Higarashi decided to adopted me as her own daughter. So, instead of becoming a maid, a became a princess, which an unbelievable story for most people." Kagome told Inutaishou, who was listening to every word, it's been a little hard since he was used to hear every little detail. "And that is how I learn all the other skills that were considered to be learnt by ladies. Playing instruments, painting, you know what I mean." Kagome laughed slightly.

"I never new." Inutaishou said, it seemed to tragic to never really have real parents. "Have you ever wondered where your real parents were?"

"Actually, I used to think of that quite often and I would think how my life would be if I wasn't an orphan, but I since my life living with you and your family, I have begun not thinking about it because I like it just the way it is now, I like having Sesshoumaru as my husband and l know that in his heart, there is always a place for me and that is all I need." Kagome finished doing the washing. "Here you go, all done."

"You're fast."

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~


(AN: Okay, just to tell you, the way Kagome and Inutaishou lives is like normal people in normal cities, but the thing is that they are put into a city that is used only for prisoners and other the like...etc, some business people are there too, they survive by themselves and Kagome earns money by washing people's clothes and a day time restaurant job~ ^^.)

By nightfall, Kagome was sitting by the window again, almost every night, she sat near here, it reminds her of her time with Sesshoumaru in the forest one month ago, and made her think of their reunion in the future, ever so slightly blushing at the thought.

"Please Sesshoumaru, find us soon."

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Another two months has past and the preparation for Sesshoumaru to become the new warlord has finally come to an end and the ceremony was about to take place.

"Are you ready?" Sesshoumaru's mother asked him.

"Yes." He replied sternly.

>
>
>

Time had past by, but too slowly for Sesshoumaru's liking and it was already nighttime, and this time tomorrow, he would have a second wife, not really what he wanted but it was the family tradition and it was something he couldn't change that.

The sound of the rooster's morning cry was heard.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, are you awake?"

"Yes, you may come in." Sesshoumaru gave the servant permission to enter his room. This procedure reminded him when he first married Kagome.

"You should get dress my lord. Time is passing very quickly." The servant told Sesshoumaru when she saw his lord wasn't moving much.

By lunchtime, everything was going at the right pace, guests arriving and the bride is yet to come. Sesshoumaru was just standing in the crowed, doing...nothing.

(AN: Sorry about this part, I just don't know what to write at the moment, kinda hard to think of something but, I'll try my best….eck, that's hard, for this part that is...)

`Why does it seem that time seems to go twice as fast as normal?' He questioned himself.


"Would you like a drink my lord?" a servant came up to him. Sesshoumaru just waved him away, not in mood to do anything.

"THE BRIDE HAS ARRIVED!!!" Someone shouted into the castle.

`And it's an misadventure for me.' Sesshoumaru thought.

~><><><~

"I'm am glad to announce that Lord Sesshoumaru and Lady Yumiko are husband and wife."

Then a loud cheer from everyone in the room. Inuyasha however was standing in a quite hallway. Just in the same mood as Sesshoumaru, feeling...sorry for him (AN: okay, sorry isn't really the word to use but I can't think of another at the moment!). This family is definitely getting more and more complicated.

~~

The feast went on, lots of laughter and happiness, yet Sesshoumaru left none of that. It was just...loneliness. Time begun to slow down, second by second, it passed by slowly.

"Would you like to drink some more my lord?" the servant asked Sesshoumaru (AN: is it me or what? Why do the servant as that question?).

A silent nod was the only answer. Why was he drinking so much? Not sure, maybe because there isn't anything better to do, or maybe he's unhappy.

It was a sudden when he found himself bathed in the rays of the sun, a new day. A warm body was against his skin, the smell of a woman. `Kagome?!'. He wished. It happens to be his `new wife'. How did they end up doing `it' when he completely doesn't remember? He must have drunk too much.

He held his head as he slowly sat up, a hangover.


There, some ginger tea, it helps to get over the hangover.

"Kagome..." Sesshoumaru whispered into the morning sky.

"Sesshoumaru?" the youkai woman beside him began to wake up.

"Go back to sleep." Sesshoumaru told her. "It's still very early." Yumiko nodded and went back to sleep again.

Out in the corridor, Sesshoumaru began to walk to the dinner room for some breakfast. Suddenly, the day after his and Kagome's wedding came back to his mind. He had been soo cold, uncaring. It only made him feel more regretful and sad about his actions towards Kagome.

"I will find you Kagome, not matter how long it would take me." He promised to himself determinedly.

AN: Oooo!!! Hehehe~~ like it? Anyway, wow! My record, two chapters in one month!! Ha!!! So…review! review! review! And a little spoiler below, don't have to read it if you don't want to!! And oh yeah! Another, the part of his memory of Kagome giving him ginger tea, I forgot to type that onto chapter 2 before now but I have added it in again (don't worry about reading it again, it's very, very short.).

>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>&g t;>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

.

.

.

Coming up!:

Chapter 6- Kagome's worst Nightmare!! :

A little about Kagome and Inutaishou's life in Tokyo.

A misadventure befalls someone

Chapter 7 - It's time to go home.

Kagome and Inutaishou return to the Western Lands!!

Kagome meets Yumiko

.

.

.

>

>>

AN: Gomennasi to those who felt the `coming ups' were bad, okay, but I don't wanna give too much away now do I? It'll spoil the fun!!! Haha *cackles*~~