InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Here to There ❯ Enter Kikyou ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

READ THIS: If u guys wish to go and read ahead with the story, this story is already posted to chapter 16 in fanfiction.net. All you have to do is go to www. Fanfiction.net, then when you get to the home page, go to search. Look under the pen name KNE. I just decided to start putting it in mediaminer.org, so please leave a comment thank you!

Chapter 2- Enter Kikyou

"Kikyou!"

Kagome immediately dropped Inuyasha, making him fall face forward onto the ground.

"Screw you," Inuyasha muttered and stood up, rubbing the side of his ear. Then he faced Kikyou who stood watching them in shock. "Kikyou!"

Kikyou cleared her throat once more and managed a weak smile.

"Hey sweetie," she said kindly and walked over to plant a kiss on Inuyasha's cheek. Inuyasha hugged her back and she rested her head on his shoulder. Kagome sweat dropped and focused her attention on the ceiling and toed the ground.

'How could they do that stuff in the middle of the hall?' Kagome thought. Kikyou and Inuyasha finally pulled away. She gave Inuyasha one sweet smile and then snapped her head over to Kagome.

"Oh, hello Higurashi," she said flatly. Kagome gave her a sour smile and nodded her head.

"So what are you doing out of class?" Inuyasha asked turning his back to Kagome. They went on whispering which pissed Kagome off dearly. The one thing she hated the most about Inuyasha, was his horrible and nasty girlfriend Kikyou.

For one thing, Kikyou's skirt was probably two sizes too small and practically showed her underwear when she walked. Her hair was always so perfect and the worst thing of all, she was a snobby bitch. Kagome sighed and held her hands behind her back while Inu and Kikyou chatted along. Everyone in school thought Kikyou and Inu were the perfect couple. Both were rich, popular and dumb.

"So I'll see you at lunch?" Kikyou asked, giving him a seductive smile. Inuyasha nodded and planted a kiss on her creamy lips.

"Yup."

"Sit with us today," she said, grabbing a hold of his arm and squeezed it, which made Kagome wanted to puke. Okay, so she was a suck up.

"I dunno," Inu said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sure, why not!" Kikyou giggled and pulled away from him.

"Buh bye!" she waved and winked, then turned to Kagome and her innocent look faded. She snorted and turned away, leaving Inuyasha and Kagome still in the hall. Kagome crossed her arms over her chest.

"Can she be anymore fake?"

"Geese Kag, can you give the girl a chance?" Inu leaned against the wall once more and rested his head back.

"I think over six months is enough of giving her a chance," Kagome walked towards the door to the classroom. "I mean at least I try to be nice to her."

"You call that trying?" Inu asked. "You practically wanted to skin her alive."

"Well, my intentions are none of your concerns. I'll see you in class," Kagome opened the door and hurried in.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Stupid girl," Inuyasha muttered and pushed off the wall using his leg. He walked towards the door and into class.

LUNCH HOUR!!!

Inuyasha grabbed his tray from the counter and hurried over to the table where Kag, Sango and Shippo sat.

"Hey guys!"

Sango looked up from her food and frowned.

"How the hell did the two of you make up so quickly?" she asked. Kagome shrugged and continued drinking her coke. She finished the can and set it down.

"Inu gave in."

"What the hell do you mean I gave in? You were all sad and crying."

"Crying? What the hell are you talking about?" Sango shook her head, what had she just started. The two were up at each other practically ready to wrestle each other to the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Kikyou called out waving at him from her table. Inu looked away from Kagome and smiled at Kikyou. He looked back at Kagome and stuck out his tongue.

"Forget you, I'm getting away!" he picked up his tray and walked over to Kikyou's table where all the popular guys and girls sat.

"Hey Yash!" a few of the guys called.

"Hey!" Inu sat down next to Kikyou, who immediately hugged him.

"Hun, I need to talk to you about something," Kikyou said. Inu nodded and stuffed a fry in his mouth.

"What about?"

"Me and the girls, agreed that you shouldn't hang out with Kagome," she said, looking at her friends who nodded with her. Inu laughed.

"What the hell are you talking about Kikyou, Kag's my friend," he said.

"Well, you have us. You would only be losing one friend," Kanna said, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Nah," Inu said, suddenly feeling irritated by this.

"Actually, I think that Higurashi chic is pretty hot," one of the guys spoke up.

"Yeah, she looks pretty without even trying, unlike you Kikyou who wears a thousand pounds of makeup a day." The guys at the table began speaking about Kagome. Kikyou's eyes turned to slits and she stood up.

"Oh my god! Inuyasha, Kagome is poor! She doesn't even deserve to say your name!" Kikyou shouted.

"I don't give a shit about that crap," Inuyasha growled.

"Inuyasha! Do you see what she wears besides the school uniform? Sweatshirts, jeans and jerseys!" Kikyou yelled. "She has the worst fashion any one could ask for!"

"I kinda like it when girls wear clothes like that.." A guy started, but Kikyou smacked him across the head.

"Shut up Onigumo!" she yelled. Inu shook his head.

"Kikyou, what do you expect me to do. March up to Kagome and tell her that our friendship is over?" Inuyasha glanced over at Kagome who was smiling and talking with Sango and Shippo.

"Yeah, or you can sent email. You don't exactly have to do it face to face.."

"Easier said then done. Forget about it!" Inu continued eating his fries. Kikyou frowned and looked at Kagome. For one thing Onigumo was right about Kagome being pretty without even trying. She never wore makeup and she always put her hair in a messy ponytail, but no matter what she was perfect.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What do you think they're talking about?" Sango asked glancing over her shoulder and looking at Kikyou's table.

"I don't know and I don't care! Clothes and crap, I guess," Kagome said, poking her fork into her potatoes.

"Why don't you ever go and sit with them? I mean Inu sits there once in a while," Sango said. Kagome laughed and slammed the table with her hand.

"Sango, I don't exactly loath Kikyou, you know. I would rather die than eat lunch with that witch and her five little shadows."

"You should at least try to be friends with her.." Shippo said, licking his lollipop.

"Shippo, what are you talking about? You hate Kikyou as much as we do."

"Yeah, but she is the girlfriend of Inuyasha."

".and I don't really care. What Inu does on his own free time, is none of my business. He can let Kikyou ruin his life.." Kagome stood up and threw out her trash, passing Kikyou's table. Kikyou shot her a dirty look and Inu didn't even look up from his meal. Kagome shrugged and continued walking.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome dumped her books in her bag and walked out of the school doors. The place had pretty much cleared up since school was over. Kagome figured that everyone had run directly to the baseball field to see the game. She decided to stop by just to see how the team was doing.

Sure enough, everyone was holding up signs and calling out Inuyasha's name. Kagome tried to look through the crowd but it was way too much. Kagome jumped off the bleachers and made her way down the street, when she heard someone call her name.

"Kag!" Inu called out, running with his bat still in his hand. Kagome smiled.

"What's new?" she asked.

"Are you staying?" he asked. Kagome shook her head.

"Gotta study," she said, lifting her backpack.

"C'mon, don't you wanna warm up with us. You always do!" Inu said, tossing her the bat. Kagome shook her head and tossed the bat back.

"Not today Inu. I gotta get out of these clothes and study," she said.

"C'mon Wench!" he yelled. "Just come watch for one minute!" he yelled. Kagome stood up straight.

"Inu! I told you no! God!" she turned around to walk away.

"Fine, what ever. What kind team spirit person are you?" Kagome stopped walking and turned around.

"Inu, this is the only game I'm missing. Don't be so greedy!" she shouted. Inu growled and slammed the bat to the ground.

"Then are you coming to the pool party at Kikyou's house after the game?" he asked. Kagome raised an eyebrow.

"What do you think?" Inuyasha swore and turned around.

"You really do have a god damn problem with her. Why the hell do you have to be like that, bitch?" he asked. Kagome's jaw dropped.

"I'm sorry if I don't get along with your girlfriend Inu, but I think I can choose who I want to befriend," she said.

"Yeah whatever, maybe Kikyou was right about you," Inuyasha muttered and turned around to walk away. Kagome's heart practically stopped.

"What did she say about me?" Kagome hissed, making Inuyasha stop walking.

"What's it to you?"

"Oh, shut up Inu and spit it out!" Kagome yelled. "What did that bitch say about me?" Inuyasha's eyes flashed red and he walked up to Kagome.

"Don't talk shit like that about her!" he yelled. Kagome's mouth dropped.

"What!? It's not me; it's that witch that you call a girlfriend..."

"You're just mad because you can't match up to her." Inu looked up and saw the fresh tears coming from her eyes. "She's rich and beautiful and you're.."

".poor and a tomboy." Kagome whispered, finishing his sentence. Inu froze and his face turned white.

"No Kag, that's not what I meant."

"Then what else did you have to say? Do you really care that much about money?! God, you're really one of them!" Kagome turned around, not letting Inuyasha see a tear slide down her cheek.

"I wasn't going to say that.."

"Save it!" Kagome threw her backpack over her shoulder and started running. "Why do you always have to cause us to fight? Can't we just live one day without an argument breaking out?"

"Kagome!!" Inuyasha shouted as she ran down the street.

"I can't believe I let him get me mad," Kagome said, wiping her eyes with the back of her hands as she approached her home. She took a deep breath and put her best smile on before entering her house.

"Hi Aunty!" she said cheerfully. Her aunt looked up from the magazine she was reading and smiled.

"Hi Kagome, how was school?" she asked, setting the book aside and standing up.

"It was fine," Kagome said. "I gotta go study though."

"Hmmm.."

Kagome hurried to her room and dumped her books over her bag. If she wanted to study abroad she had to get really good grades, either that or money. Kagome snorted at the thought of money. Stupid Inuyasha and his girlfriend! It wasn't entirely his fault. If Inu really cared that much about status he and Kagome would have been the biggest enemies out there.

Kagome was the girl next door who lived with her aunt in a small tiny house and Inu was the one with the successful rich brother who had the biggest company in Japan and was basically the richest person out there. But it was strange that Inu had actually become her best friend, besides everything.

Everything was fine until Kikyou came. She wasn't exactly what you call smart, but all it took for her to capture Inu's heart was a simple smile, and he came crawling like a baby. Kagome sighed and picked up her notes. She fingered through the pages, but her mind was kept afar.

Kagome knew she was nothing compared to Kikyou. For one thing, she hated shopping and Kikyou obviously loved it. She wore high heels and mini skirts while Kagome would throw on jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt. If Inuyasha were to choose between losing his best friend and losing his girlfriend, he probably wouldn't even hesitate to run to Kikyou. Kagome wasn't exactly just a nerd. She was actually really athletic, being the captain of the softball team and being started on the soccer team. Kagome lifted her head and smiled sadly then shook her head. She had to study for her history test and tried not to worry.

Kagome separated her books and looked through he piles, throwing old notes aside.

"Where's my history book?" Kagome stood up and looked under her bed then searched through the piles of books again. It was no where in sight.

"Where can it be?" Then it hit her. She remembered chucking the book at Inuyasha this morning when he had lost his temper. It was still probably lying in the pig-style room of his under his blankets and dirty laundry. Kagome groaned then stood up. She made her way out her door and downstairs, seeing her aunt ready to start dinner.

"Where you going Kagome?" her aunt called out.

"I'm running over to Inu's to pick up something!" Kagome yelled, sliding her feet through her sandals and hurrying out the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kikyou giggled as she and Inuyasha hurried into his room and shut the door quietly. Once everything was clear she burst out laughing.

"I don't think anyone saw us," she whispered. Inu laughed and sat down on the bed, throwing some dirty clothes off. Kikyou smiled and walked over to sit on his lap. She leaned over and kissed him, her wet hair draping over them. She pulled away and smiled.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," she said, seductively and picked up a towel. "Wait for me." Inuyasha smiled like a little boy and nodded. She winked at him and walked into his bathroom and shut the door. Inuyasha sighed and fell back against the bed.

"Hell ya!" he whispered and then sat up once again. His hair was still wet from the pool party, which he and Kikyou had left earlier and snuck into his mansion. He stood up and walked to the window, kicking his clothes away. He practically shouted when his feet met something hard.

"Owwwww!" he yelled and fell on his but, holding his toe. "What the.." He pulled out a huge history book from the lump of clothes.

".hell is this doing here?" he tossed it onto his dresser than stood up. "Damn toe," he whispered and walked to the window. It was bright and sunny, perfect for a pool party. Kagome was probably home studying her ass off right now. Inuyasha shook his head. They always got into fights and for some reason this time she went crazy.

She really did hate Kikyou, and he knew that. He also knew how much Kikyou hated Kagome. Everyday he would see the two practically kill each other by just sending of death glares. But, no matter what, Kagome never asked him to dump Kikyou or leave her, even though she criticized her. Kikyou on the other hand complained and asked every single day since they had gone out. But he would never do that. Kagome was his best bud. She was the only person who played baseball with him even after dark.

(FLASHBACK)

"Ya hold the bat like this!" six year old Inuyasha yelled at the little Kagome trying to catch a butterfly. "Kag! Will you forget the flying thingamajigure and listen to me!"

Kagome sighed and tugged on her braided pigtails, then crossed her arms over her chest.

"What do you want?" Inu nodded in satisfaction and handed her the plastic bat.

"Now I'm gonna throw you the ball and you have to hit it. Keep your eye on the ball and.."

"Yeah, yeah, just throw the ball!" Kagome said, holding the bat. Inu narrowed his eyes and held the baseball mitt and the ball.

"You ready?"

"Hurry up!" Inu growled. She was really pissing him off. He pulled his arm back and threw as fast as he could directly at her. He smiled, "Lets see that wench get this."

There was a loud crack and Inu watched as Kagome's plastic bat and the ball collided. His jaw dropped as the ball sailed into the sky and over a tree.

"I hit it Inu! I hit it!" Kagome dropped the bat and ran with her hands in the air. Inuyasha still had not recovered from the shock that she had not just hit it, but had actually hit it over the tree that he had never been able to do. Kagome danced around him giggling and singing.

"Kag, don't be so conceited! You were lucky!!" Kagome stopped laughing and looked at him.

"What does conceited mean?" Inu growled again.

"It means, you're bragging!" Kagome sighed.

"You're just jealous," she turned around and walked back to the flowers where she had been chasing the butterfly.

"Jealous?! I can hit that ball that far anytime and anywhere!" Inu shouted. Kagome picked a tulip and looked over her shoulder.

"Oh yeah? Than try it!" she said.

"I can't! I have no one to throw me the ball!" he yelled, picking up the plastic bat. Kagome smiled than giggled.

"I'll throw it," she said. Inu snickered.

"Yeah right, you throw like a baby girl," he said. Kagome grinned even wider and then bent down to pick a ball up. She tossed the tulip aside and laughed.

"Let's see about that."

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Inuyasha smiled at the thought, and that was the last time Kagome ever picked flowers again. After that it was all about sports and baseball. The two wrestled and fought constantly and than when they got older, they practically counted on each other. They walked each other to school, fought bullies together, and studied together. Of course, it was more Kagome doing the reading and Inuyasha sleeping.

Kag was not only tough, but she got along with everyone. She didn't know it but she was pretty popular herself. Inu laughed to himself and itched the back of his head.

"What are you laughing about?" Kikyou's voice broke his thoughts. Inuyasha spun around and faced Kikyou wearing nothing but a towel.

"Hey Kikyou." he said, coolly. Kikyou smiled and walked up to him. She grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled him into a kiss.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome waved at the security guard who opened the gate to Inuyasha's home. She smiled and hurried up the stone sidewalk that led up to the front door. She knocked on the door and shuffled her weight to her left foot. The large oak door opened and the butler stood, smiling.

"Ah.Kagome-chan! Good afternoon dear," he said.

"Hi Myouga! I know Inu's still at the pool party, but I left something in his room and I was wondering if I can run upstairs and grab it." Myouga smiled and nodded.

"I'm sure master Inuyasha won't mind. After all it's just you Kagome-chan." Kagome smiled, and stepped inside while Myouga moved aside for her.

"Thank you Myouga. I'll be down in a few." Kagome sprinted up the steps like she usually did and then down the hall towards Inu's room.

"Now where did that bozo put my book?" Kagome asked herself. She reached for the doorknob and stepped into the room. "Since I threw it at his head, it should be near his bed..."

Kagome looked up and her eyes widened. There she was, standing in the doorway and watching Kikyou in nothing but a towel making out full force with Inu on the bed.

REVIEW!REVIEW!REVIEW!REVIEW!REVIEW!!!

I'm gonna be gone for a while, so it'll be hard to update, but I'll try my very best! What do you think of the first two chapters?