InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Kimiko ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kimiko

8:88:888:88:8

Kagome sighed as she looked over her shoulder at the castle that was growing quite small. InuYasha had decided it was better to leave before Sesshomaru had awoken, and Kagome had left Rin a note apologizing before she left with InuYasha. He was running quite fast, and she gave up on trying to take in everything that was whirling past. InuYasha peeked at her with a frown. "Is everything alright?"
 
She blinked. "Wha---Oh, I'm fine."
 
InuYasha didn't look like he believed her, but he let the subject drop. Shaking his head as she laid her head on his shoulder, he slowed down a little and began walking instead of running. "We're almost there."
 
She had stayed silent, allowed her eyes to drift close and she uttered a soft sigh, her breath fanning over InuYasha's neck, causing goose bumps to erupt on his skin. He tightened his hold on her, speeding up a little bit. She had fallen asleep soon after, and InuYasha walked with care, careful not to wake her. She had been working so hard, doing all she could, and InuYasha was worried that she was trying to fill a void that had long disappeared, was trying to be someone that had died in his heart a long time ago . . .
 
Shaking his head, he continued walking. Refusing to believe for an instant that she was trying to be . . . . That she was trying to take the place of . . . it was completely unbelievable, and it hurt InuYasha to know that someone as beautiful thought that she would have to be someone else in order for her to have his heart. From the first day he saw her, he knew it was fate. He was rude and mean to her because of his past life, and she was his best friend, loved him for what he was. She didn't try to change him, didn't want him to be anything other than what he was right then. In many ways, she reminded him of his mother.
 
Flinching when she stirred a little, he slowed down temporarily, holding her tighter when she tightened her legs. Snorting, he smiled as he approached the waterfall. She lifted her head against the sound of the water, smiling weakly as her dull eyes brightened slightly. "Can I take a little swim?"
 
InuYasha scoffed. "Right, like I'd let you catch a cold, now of all times? Dream on, wench."
 
Kagome reached forward and took hold of one of the small appendages on his head. "Please? Just for a couple of minutes. I won't take a bath, I just want to swim."
 
"You can dip your feet in the water. And if I feel up to it, I'll let you swim." He said, his voice taking on a low tone and a rumbling erupted from deep in his chest. Kagome giggled and rubbed the other ear. The growling intensified, and she giggled again. "Stop that!"
 
"Stop what?"
 
InuYasha flicked them out of his grasp, only to have her grab them again. "That!"
 
She giggled again and left them alone as he carried her to the cave. "I don't know why you won't let anybody play with them."
 
"Because, wench," He sneered. "It's annoying."
 
"R-i-i-i-ght. Like I'll believe that and you just purred."
 
"I don't purr."
 
"Then what was that, Mr. Kitty?"
 
"Oi!"
 
Kagome giggled as he set her down; planting his head on his hips as he gave her a pointed, pouting stare. "Oh, Kitty wants some milk."
 
He snorted and stomped out of the cave, grumbling about 'ungrateful, grabbing wenches'. Pulling her bikini out of the bag, she quickly changed clothes, pulling her hair into a high ponytail. She swayed a bit, hoping she didn't have bags under her eyes, and happily stalked outside, watching as InuYasha tugged off his haori and plunging into the water. She sighed happily, watching as he resurfaced and stretched, floating on the top of the water with relaxation. Kagome walked over to the edge of the water and waved. "InuYasha!"
 
He took one look at her, gave a very dog like whine, and went under the surface of the water. When he reemerged, his face was beet red and his jaw was dropped.

8:88:888:88:8

InuYasha hated to admit it, but he loved when she grabbed his ears. But hell would have to come and slap him around a couple of times before he told her that. But when she came outside in that white bikini, he could have had a heart attack. She had every curve, every detail that he could only imagine when he was dreaming, and the top of the bikini was a little snug and revealing---too much for his eyes to handle. She came outside, completely not realizing just what she would do.
 
Trying to stay on the surface again was a hard thing to do. Especially when Kagome resurfaced next to him. "I . . . I can ask Sango to make you some pants to wear to go swimming."
 
He snorted. "Keh! Like I'd want some of those! I'm only going swimming to make sure you don't drown, idiot!"
 
He whined when he looked at her. She was completely wet, half clothes, and gorgeous. Three things that didn't settle with a mate seeking hanyou. "Oh . . . okay then. I'd just thought that maybe . . ." She shook her head quickly, and without another word, went back under the water.
 
'Now what the hell did you do that for?'
 
'She was too close . . . scent to strong . . . too relaxing . . .'
 
'Why do I have to suffer for your idiocy?'
 
`Whatever just keeps your hentai thoughts to yourself? Kagome . . . Kagome doesn't deserve that, alright? She's a respectable woman now, the strongest miko in the whole world. She deserved to be respected.'
 
'What? Just because you want to mate her, we're defiling her? Look at her, fool!'
 
InuYasha turned his head slightly she was under the waterfall, her hands clutched to her chest; her eyes close and her mouth open slightly. She was smiling softly, her breathing soft and easy.`Okay . . . she's beautiful.'
 
'You're going to regret this! She's everything you've ever wanted! Everything . . . everything you wished Kikyou was at some point! Why do you just want to pass her up? Why would you let her go?'
 
'Because . . .' InuYasha said as he dove back under the water. 'I can't do for her what some other person could do. I'm just a half-breed, remember. She's pure . . . too clean . . . too perfect. I just can't.'
 
'Then give her to Sesshomaru then. That's basically what you're saying, you know that right?'
 
She gasped softly as she felt a cold and slightly heavy object being pushed down her finger, before InuYasha's soft lips kissed her delicate flesh and he brought her hand to his face, pushing her palm on his cheek, shuddering as the heat from her touch transferred to his skin, leaving him scorched and burned. "Take this as a promise . . . I'll never hurt you. . . "
 
Sesshomaru held up his hand to silence InuYasha. His eyes flashed with anger, rage, and for a moment, InuYasha thought they were pleading. "Leave the miko with me. I promise you she shall live her life to the fullest and be happy. You do not deserve one like her. . . ."
 
'You promised her you'd never hurt her, and you promised her you'd protect her. Yet treating her like this . . . when you gave her the vow of the youkai, to protect her meant physically and mentally. How can you say you'd never hurt her when you can't protect her from yourself . . . your words?'
 
'I . . . I . . .'
 
'Think about it. If you want her to be happy, you are going to have to do some serious changing. No doubt Sesshomaru told her something when she sneaked out of bed last night. Do you want him to win? Do you want him to steal the most cherished thing you have?'
 
'No . . . I won't let him.'
 
'Than make her happy. Change yourself for the better of her . . .'
 
'. . . . Kagome,'
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha and waved softly. He smiled back, and waded over to her. "Are you alright? I think we should get you dried off."
 
She frowned sadly, but it quickly disappeared as she smiled brightly at him, falsely, painfully. "Alright, let's go."
 
She allowed him to lift her up and carry her to the cave. She allowed him to drape the towel over her shoulders, and she allowed him to pull her close, the water from his body wetting her all over again. Her breath caught in her throat, and she felt dizzy for a moment before he led her over to the fire. "And . . . I think I'd like you for to make those pants you were rambling about, wench."
 
She giggled and hit him in his arm softly. "I don't ramble."
 
She shuddered when he tossed her another towel, the fuzzy warm clothe hanging over her head and shoulders. InuYasha laughed as he began shaking the excess water off, causing her to shriek and hold her hands out to try and stop the water from reaching her. InuYasha smiled smugly. "Sorry about that. I didn't see you."
 
Kagome stuck her tongue out at him. "Oh, I forgot. Dogs are color blind."
 
"Oi! My human blood makes my vision just fine wench! And because of my youkai blood, it's better than yours!"
 
Kagome scoffed as she dried her hair. "Hardly, InuYasha. Remember Yura of the Hair?"
 
"Keh! That's a different story, and you know it."
 
Kagome didn't comment as she stood up, leaning over to dry off her legs, she tossed her hair over her shoulder, rubbing the clothe around the lean limbs as much as she could before her back and head started aching. She heard the soft whine behind her, and looking, she watched as InuYasha walked to the far corner of the cave. "InuYasha?"
 
He snorted rudely, smashed his ears against his head, and she could see he was blushing when he dared to peek at her. Shrugging offhandedly, she began drying off the rest of her body, frowning at the bag sitting next to her. "Did you pack me more than three pairs of clothes?"
 
InuYasha blanched. "No---"
 
"InuYasha!"
 
"I didn't plan to go to Sesshomaru's! I planned to take you home!"
 
"Why didn't you say anything?"
 
"I didn't think about it!"
 
She clucked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, digging through the bag anxiously. "Great! I have nothing clean. I have to go home---" She smacked her hand against the back of her mouth, eliciting a smothered gasp when she quickly turned away from InuYasha.
 
Still dressed in nothing but her bikini, it became oddly cold, her mouth was hazy and she felt a little dizzy; light-headed. She felt InuYasha drape something over her shoulders, and giving her shoulders a tight squeeze, he sighed. "We'll talk," He whispered softly. "After you change your clothes."

8:88:888:88:8

Sango darted out of the hut as Shippou flew into Kagome's arms. Hugging them both as much as she possibly could, she didn't miss the bored look InuYasha gave her as he slipped past and into the hut. "Are you okay?"
 
Kagome nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Just still a little tired, that's all. InuYasha thought I should come back, make sure everything was alright. If I just rest for another day or so, I'll be alright."
 
Shippou squealed and hugged her again. Sango smiled as she blinked back tears. "Well, did anything do wrong while I was gone?"
 
"Nothing much. Miroku and I had to exterminate youkai outside of the village twice, and Old Keiko has finally passed, but nothing out of the ordinary."
 
Kagome sighed and closed her eyes, mumbling a prayer for the old woman that had died. From what Kagome had heard, she was over a hundred years old, but very well a human. She was very wise, and had a gift that she only used when she saw something special in the person. Her and Kaede were very good friends indeed. "How's Kaede?"
 
Sango nodded. "She was a little shaken at first, and she is still mourning. She is at the grave now. Come; let's get you something to eat. I assume InuYasha has taken good care of you?"
 
Kagome blushed and nodded. "Yes, and about InuYasha . . . Sango, can you teach me to make a pair of really short hakamas?"
 
Sango blinked. "What?"
 
"I want to make InuYasha some swimming shorts, and I want you to teach me how to do it."
 
"Oi!" InuYasha called from inside the hut over Miroku's laughter. "Tell the whole village why you don't!"
 
Sango led Kagome into the hut, and they both talked about things that had been happening when Kagome was gone. The feeling of being with the ones she loved the total acceptance of being with her true home, where fate had led her to be; it was something that overwhelmed her, swallowed her, and made her quake and quiver.
 
But why did it hurt to be here? Why did it hurt to know that she had the duty to fill the void of a soul that had passed on? Where was the feeling of total security, the feeling that she had someone to run too, even when she knew that she was going to stay here when she had the choice anyway? Her dreams, her goals, her hopes; had they all been destroyed along with the well? She glanced at InuYasha quickly. He was looking, more like staring, at her across the room with interest, even when Miroku was casually talking away. They made eye contact for a few moments, and he smiled at her. When she tried to smile back though . . . "Kagome? Kagome are you alright?"
 
Kagome blinked and averted her gaze back to the youkai exterminator. "Wha---Oh, I'm alright. Really, I'm fine. I think . . . I think I'm going to get some sleep, early for once. I don't feel so good."
 
Kagome crawled away to the futon that hadn't been touched since when she left. Laying her head down, sighing as she pressed her hand to her heart and tried to balance her breathing, she fell into a deep slumber . . .
 
Kagome smiled as she kissed the top of Kikyou's flower that was placed on top of her grave. InuYasha stood nearby in silence as Kaede said a prayer and sighed. Turning, the old lady walked away in silence. Kagome looked up to InuYasha.
 
"What will you do now?" He simply asked. She was confused by the question, so she simply did answer. "Naraku is gone. Kikyou has been laid to rest. What will you do now?"
 
Kagome shrugged. “I really don't know what to do. I have two homes. They are both calling to me. Which one do I answer InuYasha?" InuYasha didn't answer the question directed at him as he stared at the young miko. Turning on his heels, he began walking away.
 
"We should get going. The runt probably woke up." He said simply. He didn't stop walking. Rolling her eyes, Kagome stood up and hurried and fell in step beside him.
 
"You never answered my question."
 
"I know."
 
"What do you want me to do?"
 
"Should I care?" Kagome fumed. That wasn't the answer she was expecting, but she digested that in silence as the village came into view. Walking a little slower, she grasped her hands behind her back and stared at the ground.
 
Stubborn pride held the hanyou from asking what was wrong with her. "C'mon on."
 
"I'm coming." She grumbled slightly. InuYasha whirled around and placed his hands on her shoulders, pulling her close into his embrace, smashing his face onto the top of his head and whining softly.
 
"Don't leave me, Kagome," He pleaded softly. "Please . . . if you'd left, I'd have
nothing left."
 
"Inu---"
 
He pulled her back, his honey golden eyes sparkling over, his warmth breath fanning over her lips when he leaned down slowly, his eyes fluttering close as hers widened. She forgot to breath, couldn't remember how to use her lungs as his mouth dropped over hers, seizing her soul and claiming him as hers forever. He moved his lips softly, whining against her as her eyes, still wide with wonder, finally drifted close. She grabbed his haori, tried to become nearer to him as she stood on her toes, deepening the already passionate kiss.
 
His ears smashed against his head as he slowly nibbled her lower lip with his fangs, causing her to shudder and sigh. Grazing them against her lips, growling deep in his throat as her head rolled back, he assaulted her neck, shoulder and collar bone, causing her to whimper and push closer to him. Cradling his arms around her waist, slamming her hips on his, he took total control, goading her like she was a small child. He gently took her hand, placed in his haori, hissed when t he heat of her palm singed his skin.
 
She gasped softly as she felt his fangs braced against her shoulder and collar bone, running them over her shoulder repeatedly. This time her knees buckled, but he caught her, held her tight as he continued to assault her senses. "Inu---InuYasha?" Someone whispered.
 
Looking behind her, she could see the small frail woman that stood there, her already sad eyes now glittering with melancholy. Her clothes and hair drifted behind her as she slapped her hand against her chest, the Shikon No Tama bouncing angrily against her hand. Kagome could see her aura crackling threateningly, and with a gasp, InuYasha pushed her away gently. "K-K-Kikyou?"
 
The undead miko stared at him, the wind blowing her hair in her face as she smiled warmly, regarding InuYasha for a moment. "I have come to say farewell to you, one last time, InuYasha."
 
Kagome bit back tears as InuYasha rushed to her, Kikyou taking him in a warm embrace. Unshed tears streaming down her face, the knowledge that the one being she loved was taken forcefully away from her. In an act of kindness, she allowed him to live with her reincarnation, not because she wanted to, but because fate demanded she did. She hugged him tighter. He had grown into a man known. No more was he the immature little hanyou that used to jab people's heart with his harsh words. He was now a man, something she had wished she had been able to make and shape the young man that he was today, to be able to heal and mend the scars in his heart.
 
Finally she let him go, and he took hold of her hand, holding it tight as she kissed the Shikon No Tama. "Now you finally realize InuYasha that fate had left you too together."
 
InuYasha watched, with an unnamable expression on his face as Kikyou turned to ash and faded away with the wind, the Shikon No Tama making a soft ringing noise in the distance as her presence, her aura, her scent disappeared. InuYasha turned to Kagome, hurt evident in his gaze. "You . . . you have to take her place now. You are her reincarnation. You must fulfill the duties she never finished."
 
Kagome choked softly. "Is that what you really feel? That I'm just a replacement? Are you trying to make me Kikyou?"
 
InuYasha snorted and rested his hands on Tetsusaiga. "If it could be done, I think would have tried. But you'll never be half as respectable as Kikyou was."

8:88:888:88:8

Running through the soft forest, sweat streaming down her face as tears of absolute fright blurred her vision, the young maiden ran for her life. The flowers highlighted her path, seeming to promise a sanctuary if she'd just follow them. If she didn't stop running, she'd be alright . . .
 
She looked up towards the sky. Dawn would be arriving soon, and she was being followed by this young girl that had popped out of nowhere and trying to kill her. Gasping as a tree snagged the soft skin of her knee, she ran on, despite the stinging and aching that threatened to have her plummeting to the ground. Breathing became painful; every inhale was like a breath of fire. She didn't know how long she could go on . . .
 
She tripped over a branch, and right into the middle of the road the girl appeared to her. Holding her hand out, the girl seemed to be harmless, a warm smile, the pale soft skin of a helping hand, a friend . . . the girl hurriedly stood up and backed away from the young girl, dressed in pure silver kimonos. The young girl frowned, taking two strides towards the girl and running her fingers through her hair. "I wanted to help you . . . you seemed so sad when you were being prepared for the wedding---"
 
"What do you want with me?" The girl screamed quite loudly, still trying to back away from the mysterious young woman.
 
"I only want to take you to a place where you don't have to hurt anymore. Where men can't hurt you . . . Dear Kimiko, do you wish for your husband to hurt you? They don't care about us. . "
 
Kimiko screamed as branches wrapped around her legs, chest, stomach, arms and chest. Squeezing her eyes as tight as she could, awaiting the dread of death, she only felt the deathly cold caress of shaking hands, could hear the sniffles of mourning tears. "Give me your heart, Kimiko . . . give me your heart, and they could never hurt you again . . .”
 
"My . . . My heart?" Kimiko gasped, trying desperately to pull the branches apart.
 
The young woman held her hands out in front of her chest, a white flower appeared in front of her, and she held it out to Kimiko's face with shaking hands. "See? This beautiful, pure flower . . . this is what you are to me. This is what I want you to be, forever. Give me your heart . . .”
 
Kimiko began crying. "I have a family . . . I have a family waiting for me back home . . .”
 
The young woman smiled as she kissed one of the petals. "Oh, don't worry. I'll leave them a special parting gift for them to remember. Do you wish . . . do you wish to come with me?"
 
Kimiko choked on her tears, biting her lip. "I . . . Please, allow me to go home . . . I . . . I'm so scared . . .”
 
Placing her fingertips of the eyelids of Kimiko, the young girl sighed as Kimiko's eyes drifted close, her breathing labored and shallow. "Sleep, sleep my dear sister," She coaxed. "You're pure, beautiful heart . . . full of so much sadness, and grief . . . I shall allow you to live, but you shall never leave me. This won't hurt . . . not a bit . . .”
 
Digging her hands into Kimiko's chest, the area around her arm glowed as she pulled out a misty form, the human soul. Holding it in a ball above her two fingertips and studied it with interest. "Interesting. . . . Was my soul so weak and fragile, so scared and lonely?"
 
Eyes flashing with unshed tears, the young girl allowed the flower to absorb the soul in which she had taken from Kimiko, and in the same instance, leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on the forehead of the young girl.
 
"You are now reborn, and must help me in my quest. You heart sought what I have given you. You are now my sister. Awaken in the morning, and head back home, nothing happened as far as you remember. When you see the mark of the flower, I need your assistance.
 
A bright light shone on the forehead of Kimiko. Her forehead began bleeding slightly when the mark turned into a certain form, one that everyone had seen before, one that no one would suspect would be deadly.
 
It was the mark of the sakura blossom.

8:88:888:88:8

A/N
 
Sorry for the long wait. Enjoy!
 
If you would like to see an image of the sakura blossom that was on Kimiko's forehead, here's the link.
 
http://www.benher.org/images/tutorials/sakura_blossom_f inal.gif