InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Ways ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(I've got a mode of inspiration! My friends like this story and so do other readers on this site!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six:

Kyoko sighed and was trekking around the clearing when she was almost plowed over by Kagome who was still stomping away from Inuyasha. "EEE-YAH!" She squealed when she was nearly pounced on by the angry hanyou. "Hey! What's yer big idea! I'm walkin' here!" She shouted, waving her fist.

"Shut up!" He snapped in return, landing gracefully on one foot with his hair landing lightly against his back. He and Kyoko both turned to watch Kagome tromp out of sight and he let out a few frustrated curses.

"Hey, what flew up `er nose?" The young woman asked the hanyou and she faced him, her mouth set in a straight line.

"I don't trust Sesshomaru at all. Kagome forgives and forgets way too easily. He's planning something, I know it," Inuyasha grumbled more to himself than to Kyoko. She scrunched her face in confusion; grabbing the thick section of hair that framed his face and yanking his attention back to her. He howled and grabbed her hand, screaming at her like normal.

"I don't get `yer meanin'. Whaddya mean Kagome fergives n' fergets too easy? I'm confused!" Kyoko screamed in his face. She released his hair and took a deep breath and raked a hand through her long, tangled raven hair. "Aw-right. Let's start over. What's all been happenin' with Sesshomaru? Did he wake up?"

"Yeah and these were his words. `I am amused by all of you and your habits. Even if I was angry to be healed by her before I see no point in holding a grudge. I will not harm her. Not now anyways when I am not in the prime of my health,'" Inuyasha recited, his voice attempting to match his brothers.

"Shit! How didja remember all that?" Kyoko said in amazement, her dark eyes brightening in recognition and awe. She looked like a happy little child and the freckles that dotted her cheeks helped to portray the image.

"I'm pissed that's how," The hanyou barked in response and crossed his arms in his haori sleeves. "And Kagome was taken in by that crap. She asked him if it were some sort of truce and he said yeah for the most part. He is up to something!" Inuyasha cringed and growled, stalking around, his head hung in his traditional sulk-like fashion.

"That's strange. He don't seem like the kinda youkai who'd just up `n ferget his prince-puls. He best be up to somethin' or somethin' ain't right in his head," Kyoko replied, her eyebrows knitting together in thought. "…'Er maybe somethin' happened to him when he got stabbed in the stomach…"

"That's crazy," Inuyasha snorted and then leaned back, cracking his back. "Nothin' will ever change Sesshomaru. And I've known him for a lot longer than Kagome has. He can't be trusted." He sighed but then groaned in irritation. "And for ONCE in my life when I know what I'm talking about, she doesn't listen to me. Stupid girl…"

"Aw, well `ya know, if she were so stupid, `ya wouldn't worry so much about `er, Inuyasha. You know she ain't stupid," Kyoko said softly, walking away before she turned to add something else. "I envy `ya. At least you got someone who cares about `ya so stop sulkin' and go say `yer sorry."

Inuyasha was left dumbfounded. Wait… How did we get on the subject of someone caring about someone else? Who did she mean? Did she mean Kagome? GREAT! Now I'm confused…

~*~

Kyoko sighed, the emptiness in her stomach that would sometimes erupt in her stomach consuming her. She had been alone ever since she could remember. She never had anyone to call family or friends. But, ever since she had met the Inu-tachi, that ache in her heart subsided a little bit. They can be my family… Even If I don't got one… She thought before her eyes widened at the shock of the youkai lord before her. She shrieked from surprise but then quickly composed herself.

"Is that the way you greet everyone, human?" Sesshomaru asked, amusement and arrogance enriching his deep baritone voice.

"What're you doin' outside the cave? I thought you was still too injured to move," Kyoko replied, her eyes fixated on his. He's got such pretty eyes… So clear… So gold…

"I am a youkai. I recover much quickly than human and hanyou alike," Was the quaint answer. He could still not move as quickly as he liked, not to mention his joints and midsection were a bit stiff, but his mode of transporting himself was efficient enough to get him out of the darkness of the cave and into the bright sunlight.

"Ah. So, I heard you formed a pact with Kagome `er whatever `ya did. Why? It just don't seem like what I've seen of `ya to do somethin' like that. I thought `ya hated humans and `yer brother," Kyoko felt nervous under his gaze so she averted her eyes to his bloody robes. "I kin clean them robes for `ya."

"It's not necessary," Sesshomaru returned, his voice now emotionless. "As for what you said about the truce, I've decided that while I am here I am a guest, an observer if you will."

"Why wouldja wanna observe a bunch `a humans, a kitsune kid and a hanyou? We ain't nothin' special," The young woman started to try and untangle the knots in her long unruly hair for lack of anything else to do. Sesshomaru made no reply to her question. He felt it did not require one. "Hey, I'm talkin' to `ya! Ain't you gonna answer my question?"

The taiyoukai was amused and somewhat irritated with the way she addressed him. She was defiant and she had a mind of her own. She also seemed to have a fiery and short-fused temper buried beneath her exterior. "Why do you speak in such a manner?"

Kyoko stopped and her eyes narrowed as she looked up at him in bewilderment. "Huh? What're `ya talkin' about?"

"Your speech, your accent. I've never heard such a thing before," He answer her, wonder slightly weaving into his voice but it just could not make the cut past the rude and haughty manner that he asked his question in.

"I'm a slave. Whaddya expect? I ain't civilized, dainty or ed-jacated. I can't read `er write. All I kin do is cook, wash `n watch kids and if I'm told to, lay with the master. I ain't never done it though. He's too old for my likin'…" She cringed when she spoke those words.

Sesshomaru eyed her skeptically. A slave, eh? "Tell me, am I not correct in being informed that people who are born into being a slave to another die that way? How is it that you are here?" His voice barely sounded like a question. It was more like a rough order.

"Well, I run away from him." Was her blunt but silent reply.

The taiyoukai nodded. "I see."

"But I don't care. My master, he beat me `cuz I tried to run when he threw me on his bed. But I didn't want none of that. I run and I run far. I `scaped and was lost in this forest but then this youkai started chasin' me. Said somethin' about me smelling appetizin' and appealin'. Don't know what he's talkin' about…" Kyoko rambled, saying things that were just coming to mind because she didn't know what else to say.

She was in heat. That is why the youkai with the two jewel shards followed her, and that is also why I smelled something pleasing when I was battling. Inuyasha must have also, Sesshomaru thought as she kept talking. "Silence, you mindless babble annoys me," He snapped curtly. The young woman's mouth snapped closed but she glared daggers at him.

"Hey, you're the one who asked! You're almost worse than `yer-" She started to yell but was cut off was a young voice proclaimed,

"LORD SESSHOMARU!"