InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 10

~oOo~

“Inuyasha's group approaches, Naraku.  What do you want me to do?”  asked Byakuya, his eyes opaque as he watched his master playing idly with the jewel he held.

The spider was silent for some time, simply staring into the jewel to the exclusion of all else.  He didn't even register when his incarnation shifted with a bit of impatience.

Finally, after ten minutes of silence, Naraku spoke.  “I think it is time for a new illusion – one just for Inuyasha.  We will send him into an illusion of the jewel, making him think he has a chance of saving Kagome.  Come, Byakuya,”  he said, standing up and preparing to leave the cave he'd been in for days for the first time.  “My piece of the jewel is needed for this illusion, but I'm not about to give it to you.  We will go together.”

Byakuya of the dreams shrugged.  What Naraku wants, Naraku gets, after all.  He wasn't stupid enough to fight it.

Following his master from the cave, he floated behind him on his crane while Naraku simply flew.  He wondered if they would be confronting the hanyou, or doing what needed done from a distance, instead.

With Naraku, it could go either way, but for some reason, he thought they would be confronting the hanyou in person this time.

The spider would not miss a chance to gloat and cause Inuyasha as much pain as possible.

This situation had a great deal of potential in pain for him.

Converting /tmp/php5698yA to /dev/stdout