InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 29

~oOo~

Beside him, the Shikon no Tama began to glow, brighter and brighter, until it glowed with the light of a billion billion stars.  

Inuyasha, lost in his grief-stricken darkness, didn't see as the light began to grow, suddenly seeming to form into something that looked a great deal like Kagome...

But when her aura and scent burst into glorious life around him, Inuyasha opened his eyes, at first thinking he'd managed to will himself to death, to follow her.

Until he realized where he was – and that she was still glowing even as she solidified before him.  He could feel her – but he could also feel the Shikon, though it was a Shikon so pure it didn't call out as it had before.

It seemed... content with what it was now.  It was no longer a creation of strife, but one of peace.

He stared at the gently smiling, glowing girl in front of him, almost afraid to believe that she was there...

“Are you going to disappear again?”  he asked, his voice barely above a whisper in its hopelessness.

Her smile widened, seeming brighter than the noonday sun.  “No, Inuyasha... I'm with you.  And now, I'll always be with you.  I will carry you through whatever happens... you will never be alone again.”

“Kagome,”  he choked, more tears pouring from his eyes, though he couldn't care, and reached for her with desperate arms.  As he felt her, actually felt her again, he sobbed, pulling her to him as though he would never let her go.   

As he held her, the glow within her flesh began to dim, though it didn't fade all the way.  Things would never be quite the same as they once had been...

Neither one noticed as that slightly dimmer glow began to infuse Inuyasha's flesh as well, just so content to be right where they were that neither bothered to open their eyes to the world around them.

They were lost within each other – they were each others world in that moment.

The rest of reality could wait.

Converting /tmp/phproYO6o to /dev/stdout