InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I am His ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I am His Chapter Three   The demon lord wandered back to his castle, his mind not really on where he was actually going until he was brought out of his stupor with a high pitched, “Sesshou!”   Rin, she had wrapped her arms around his waist. She was growing quickly, being about 16 in human age, “How was your travels milord? How is lady Kagome?”   Kagome, just thinking her name made the ice melt that was around his heart. His lips slipped into a bit of a smile.   “Sesshou-papa?”   He was caught off guard with that name, ‘papa?’ He thought to him self. Something stirred in him and he kneeled down taking his Rins hands into his own and looked into Rin’s chocolate eyes, “It’s time, you found yourself a mate, Rin.”   Rin blushed, “um…” Could he actually smell Kohaku that strongly on her?   “The taijiya boy, would be adequate,” he smiled and brought the girl into his arms. “He will protect you well.”   Rin smiled, “thank you papa.” She hugged him tightly then smirked, “will Kagome-sama become my new mother?”   He also smirked at the thought, “hopefully, in time.”   Rind smiled, “that sound wonderful.”   Sesshoumaru smiled and did something that he would never think of doing in his entire lifetime; he placed a warm kiss the Rin’s forehead.   Rin stared, “has Kagome-sama affected you this much?” she giggled.   Sesshou smiled back at his daughter – his daughter – that sounded nice. He stood, “we shall leave in twenty minutes for Inu-Yasha’s village.”   “Kay!” Rin’s childlike behavior had returned and she ran off to find Jaken, with out instruction.   Sesshoumaru smiled wearily. This was a start to a new life. A life without danger standing at his doorstep, a life in which he could relax and enjoy the better things and find himself a mate and Rin, a mother. Kagome would be sufficient, even if she was human… but she was a strong human. She reminded him of himself: strong-headed. He smiled at the thought, ‘no one will take her away from me… not even my own half-brother; I will make sure of it. And I will keep him from marking her…’ He suddenly growled at the thought of that infidel touching her in such ways, “Disgusting!”   ‘Once a Youkai always a Youkai.’   “Worthless half-breed…” Sesshoumaru snickered and an evil smile graced his lips, “she shall be mine. And only mine.”   Rin came back dragging Staff-of-Heads behind her and Jaken nagging her about treating such an artifact without care. “Rin and Jaken are ready for departure!”   Sesshoumaru smiled at her, “Iku zo!” He summoned Ah-Un and watched Rin and Jaken climb onto the Dragon.   ‘Wait for me, my precious diamond.’