InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Didn't Know I Was Waiting For You ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This isn't a very long chapter but for some reason the next part felt appropriate to separate it from this one.

Thank you to those who are reviewing, I greatly appreciate the feed back.

Again I don't own Inuyasha and company.

Chapter 5: Secrets

Kagome woke disoriented; she looked at her alarm clock. It would start buzzing in five minutes. For Kagome the hour was ungodly, she didn't even have classes until the afternoon, but archery and kendo clubs were meeting today and she'd signed up for both. She sighed and sat up. Turning off the alarm before it went off she thought *I hate mornings.* She gathered her clothes for the day and headed out her door.

On her way to the bathroom she saw Hojo still asleep on the sofa. She'd left him there late last night with a blanket and he was curled on his side clutching the blanket like a child. She felt a sweet tender smile on her lips and remembered the night before.

She remembered how he had taken her home. Once back in the apartment he had held her gently and let her cry on his shoulder. She had released the guilt over hurting Rieko so badly. Hojo had simply held her and supported her. He had then put in a bunch of old cheesy sci-fi movies. She'd fallen asleep in his arms and when she woke around 2:30am got up and covered him with a blanket. She then turned off the TV and went to sleep in her room, leaving a soft kiss on his brow.

Kagome undressed and stepped into the shower. She replayed the fight in her mind. She was amazed as she assessed her fighting style. *Rieko was good, yet she didn't even land one blow. She's clearly been training for many years, so how come I was able to beat her. That fight played out like Inuyasha's and Sesshoumaru's fights. I fought like Sesshou-san used to. Evading each attack and coming back with a devastating blow. My combat prowess couldn't have actually improved that much since I left the past.* She sighed and shampooed her hair.

*Why am I thinking about him so much lately? If anything I should be thinking about Inuyasha, not his brother. After all I loved Inuyasha. So why is Sesshoumaru on my mind and in my dreams so much?* She didn't hear the door open as Hojo entered the bathroom.

"Kagome I'm using the toilet."

"I won't peek if you don't," she laughed in response. They had agreed that one could use the toilet while the other showered so long as neither peeked. So far the arrangement worked great. The toilet user than put the seat down and the shower user flushed when they got out.

"Are you feeling better today?"

"Yes thank you very much Hojo-kun."

"That's what friends are for. The seats down so you can flush it when you're done."

"I will."

"Okay, I'll go start breakfast." Kagome heard the soft click as the door closed.

She leaned her head back and started to rinse her hair. She'd let it grow out during her time in the past and after she came back. Inuyasha had said it was prettier when long. Now her hair came down to just above her butt and she kept it braided or in a bun most of the time.

As she closed her eyes an image of tender golden amber eyes looked upon her. She wasn't sure which brother they belonged to. Then with her mind still wondering she felt gentle strong arms wrap around her. She could see the stripes on them and see the face they belonged to. His mask was gone, revealing a soft sweet smile that made him truly breath taking to behold. *Gods, he was beautiful, wasn't he.* She felt herself blush at the image and thoughts surrounding her beloved's brother.

She yanked herself out of the fantasy and sternly thought to herself, *we were friends at the end, nothing more.* The smile flashed through her mind again. *Why am I thinking about him this way?* she mentally wailed to herself. She sighed in confusion and lathered conditioner into her hair. Lavender shampoo and conditioner she'd always used this brand and wondered how it had affected her scent back when she knew him. *Its not like he would have ever looked at a human in that way.* "Kagome you will stop thinking about Sesshoumaru," she commanded herself sternly. She rinsed her hair a final time before stepping out. As she dried off she remembered how soft his tail had been. It had been softer than fur had any right to be, it had felt like the finest silk. She remembered that was why she'd called him Fluffy that day and others when they were alone together. Those days had been perfect and sweet and sad all at once. She remembered how the days when sitting beside him watching Rin play in the flowers had felt like family. She'd never been more content in her entire life as she had been back then. *I miss them so much.*

She wiped the stray tears from her eyes as she dressed in loose jeans and a tee shirt. She wrapped her hair in a towel and headed into the kitchen. Hojo was just finishing cutting fresh fruit into two bowls. She smiled at him, "Those look delicious Hojo-kun."

He looked up at her, "Thanks." There was something in his eyes which gave her pause. She knew that look from somewhere else and it disturbed her.

"Is something wrong Hojo-kun?" Kagome asked while concern swirled in her sapphire depths.

His response was slow and halting, "Who're Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kouga, Rin and Sesshoumaru? I don't think Sesshoumaru is that Isawa guy from class yesterday is he?"

Her heart paused. "Where'd you hear those names?" *What happened? What's wrong? What's going on? How could he know those names?*

He looked down, "Last night as you were starting to sleep you spoke to each of them. You had a strange accent that sounded old, outdated. I could barely make out an apology and farewell spoken to each. You also spoke to Inuyasha in your dreams in the same way. You were crying when you spoke to him." He looked back up into her eyes, his pleading with her. "Please tell me who they are. I feel as though there is a part of your life that I know nothing about. Please let me in Kagome-chan?"

Kagome couldn't believe the words that passed her lips, "There is a part of my life you do not know." *Am I going to tell him? Can I really bring him into the circle that knows the truth? Will he believe me?* "But before I tell you about it I need to show you something. Please follow me." She turned and headed to her room before she lost her nerve.

She reached for the sheathed blade on the stand on her dresser. Tetsusaiga vibrated warmly in her hand. She asked it to transform. "This is Inuyasha's sword, given to him by his father post mortem." Hojo nodded clearly not understanding. She carefully began to draw the sword, asking it every centimeter of the way to transform. In the years she'd had it, it only transformed once and that was in response to a very small demon that attacked the shrine for the Shikon no Tama. As it slowly left its sheath the blade glowed slightly. She drew it out and the huge fang Inuyasha wielded was in her hand. She let its tip fall to the floor. Hojo jumped back from the blade that was nearly as big as he was.

"This is Tetsusaiga, the steel cleaving fang. A sword of devastation forged from the fang of Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's father. Created to protect Inuyasha's human mother and contain his demon blood." Kagome watched as shock turned to confusion and then to curious fear.

"Did you say demon, as in evil Youkai?"

Kagome thanked the spirit of Tetsusaiga and allowed her Miko powers to flare. Soft orchid light flared about her hand and the blade causing the fang to return to its untransformed state. Hojo jumped away again and asked with fear, "What'd you do?"

"I untransformed it," she said calmly as she sheathed the blade and returned it to its stand. "For the longest time that was the most impressive power I had." She smirked. "Not that it didn't shock the heck out of Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru the first time it happened." She laughed quietly at the memory.

"Are.. you.." Fear and uncertainty laced his halting voice. He was unable to finish his question.

"I'm a Miko in the truest sense," she stated and stepped over to him. "I won't hurt you, I'm not a demon." She saw the tension in him and knew he was ready to bolt out the door. She wrapped her arms around him as she gave him her kindest smile. "You're my best friend and if you'll listen I'll tell you everything." His arms slowly encircled her and his tension and fear slowly ebbed away.

"I'd like to hear it," he said softly. She released him and took his hand. She nodded toward the living room and headed out. He followed.

Out in the living room Kagome set the alarm on the table to go off it a little over two hours. "This way we won't miss archery club. I can skip Kendo," was her explanation. Hojo nodded and sat on the couch.

Kagome joined him and softly mused, "Where to begin?"

"At the beginning."

"Hai.. It all started on my fifteenth birthday.." and proceeded to tell him a brief history about the well, the past, the Shikon, her friends and enemies. She even got the Polaroid of the gang and Kaede out of her diary. She told him her final wish on the jewel. She choked with emotion as she concluded, "And I was home, a nearly worthless gem and a legendary sword in my hands." She waited with baited breath for him to respond.

"Well that certainly explains you absences a lot better than your grandfather's list of constant illnesses. Especially considering how healthy you are now."

Kagome looked into loving understanding eyes filled with gentle laughter. "You believe me?" she whispered with tears glistening unshed in her blue depths.

"Of course I believe you Kagome-chan. How could I not after seeing Tetsusaiga and that Polaroid with my own eyes?" She smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Hojo-chan."

"Thank you for trusting me." And the sweet touching moment was broken by the buzzing of an alarm clock. They both laughed. "Come on Kagome-chan.. you promised to teach me archery during the club meeting today." He pulled her up and they hurried out with laughter in their eyes and hearts.

----------
Yea Hojo knows the truth. Kagome finally has someone she can confide in who's not family. I know this was a bit sugary but hey they are best friends and they do love each other as such. Don't worry next chapter has more Fluffy-san.

Again thank you for all the great reviews.