InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Didn't Know I Was Waiting For You ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This chapter is also rather short and mostly dialogue between Hojo and Kagome about a certain handsome Inu-youkai. Again, I don't own Inuyasha and gang I just torment them and play with their emotions.

Chapter 7 Revelations

Kagome and Hojo left archery club. As they walked side by side to a café for lunch Kagome thought about Isawa Sesshoumaru's taunt. *Why did I let that jerk successfully bait me like that?*

Hojo reflected her thoughts, "Kagome-chan why did you rise to Isawa's taunt?"

"I don't know. Something in his eyes, his tone of voice, made me want to prove I wasn't what he accused. I don't get it." She sighed and smirked sardonically, "Actually it kind of reminded me of the way Sesshoumaru used to bait Inuyasha sometimes, just to get him to do what he wanted anyway."

"Really, and you're sure that Isawa guy isn't Inuyasha's brother?"

"Definitely." /Stop lying to yourself/ "The guy has the same kind of emotionless mask as Inuyasha's brother. But that Sesshoumaru was much cuter and would never be found going to a human university." Her voice was laced with false conviction.

"If you say so, but he certainly knew what to say to rile you up." He laughed, "So what did oh so cute Sesshoumaru look like. I saw the Polaroid of the others but I have no clue what Sesshoumaru, Ayame, Rin, and Kouga looked like."

She blushed as gorgeous golden eyes came to mind and said softly, "Sesshoumaru was eye candy."

Hojo nearly tripped as he gagged, "What?"

"The only word that comes close to describing him is beautiful."

"But wasn't he always trying to kill you guys right before the last battle?"

"In the beginning yes, but when he started to change after resurrecting Rin you actually got to look past the cold exterior and see just how phenomenal he was. Although in all honesty the first time I saw him I thought he was a girl." She laughed.

"You're joking?"

"Nope. I mean he had long stunning white hair that looked like spun silver and his tail was draped over him looking like a boa. It was so fluffy."

"Fluffy?" He gagged again astonished.

As if she hadn't heard him she continued, "He had the face of an angel. Perfect high cheek bones and soft wonderful lips looked chiseled out of flawless marble. His eyes were two vibrant suns glaring down at the unworthy earth. The crescent moon on his forehead seemed like a focus for his third eye. And the two stripes on each cheek wrapped him in an air of mystery as well as beauty. On top of that he had the body of a god. It was perfectly sculpted in every way, as though a master carver had been given flesh and told to sculpt a masterpiece. And his hands, once you looked past the poisoned claws, were long and elegant like an artist's." She sighed at the memories aching to feel his arm around her again.

"You had a crush on him," exclaimed a no longer stunned Hojo.

"I did not." She flared while turning beet red.

"Yes you did. You only turn that red when you're embarrassed about the truth. You had a crush on your boyfriend's older brother." Hojo gave her a quick hug, "Suddenly I'm jealous of a demon lord who lived like five hundred years ago."

"Hojo-kun, it's not like anything happened or ever would have. If anything you should be jealous of Inuyasha. I loved him, not his older brother." /liar/

"Maybe. But Inuyasha has moved on from this world; his brother may still be competition for the heart of my Kagome-chan."

"Hojo-kun, you are my best friend and no one will ever be competition for that place in my heart. Besides Sesshoumaru was a powerful demon lord and we were only friends at the end. I don't even know if he considered me a friend by the end. Sure we were comfortable around each other and he taught me how to use a sword, but he never said he was my friend." There was moisture in her eyes, not enough for an actual tear, but with her face turned from him Hojo did not notice. "There is no chance he'd ever allow himself to be with a human like that."

"How can you be so sure? Not all guys come out and say how they feel. If you need an example I'll point to the demon's half brother."

"I know because he hated humans. He hated the human part of Inuyasha and was ashamed of his father's weakness for loving a human woman. All his pain stemmed from human hands and he'd never be able to love a human in that way."

"What about Rin?"

"She was like a daughter and she had a soul that could make a youkai proud. Caring for your human pup is different than loving a human woman as your mate."

"You've definitely thought about it." She blushed at his comment. "But people, even youkai, can change in five centuries."

"If he is still alive." /I told you to stop lying to yourself, why do you never listen to me when you need to?/ "I just can't see Sesshoumaru-sama being alive in today's society, not with so much power residing in human hands."

"How do we know that demons don't run everything from the shadows?" Hojo asked shrewdly.

She sighed, "I guess we don't." *That is an interesting idea.* /Yes isn't it?/ "But that is not our concern right now. You and I both have classes we need to get to in like fifteen minutes or we'll be late." They smiled at each other and hugged before speeding off in opposite directions.

Sesshoumaru stood stunned, looking for all the world like a deer trapped in headlights, as his mind tried to process the information he'd just received. He'd followed them with the intent on assuring himself this was the Kagome he knew from long ago and then confronting her about how that was possible. Instead he had heard her words and read her aura. All doubt was washed from his mind as she described him to her friend. This was Inuyasha's Kagome, his friend. He stood in the shadows unmoving as his mind worked.

*Eye candy, beautiful, and she thought I looked like a girl the first time she saw me!* His mind began to growl at the perceived insult until the other words washed it away. *Then she said I had the body of a god and the face of an angel. Did she really mean that? It hurt her friend and she never hurts those she cares about intentionally. Combine that with her aura and I know she meant those words.*

*Considering her aura.. aside from the loving kindness that makes up her core self I saw longing and desire as she spoke about me. And her sadness as she spoke of Rin and Inuyasha has woken emotion I thought died with my daughter. Why the bitterness though? Is the thought that I may be dead really so distasteful to you? Do you really miss me? Damn you, you still infuriate me human! The only way to get my answers is to Dreamwalk you and find out what is in your heart, Kagome-chan."

The thought of Dreamwalking frightened him a bit. He hadn't done it since just before his mother died. He'd been all of sixteen and she had become listless and depressed. Sesshoumaru had wanted to know why and walked among her dreams. In doing so he learned how heartbroken his mother was due to his father choosing a human as his second wife and setting aside his demon bride of nearly a century. He'd learned of her pain and vowed he'd never fall victim to such things after she died. If her son's love wasn't enough to keep her in the world with him, than what good was the pitiful excuse for an emotion. He hadn't Dreamwalked since because it was too much emotional involvement to experience that type of intimacy with another's soul. He wondered why he was going to do it after all this time.

--------------------------

The little voice in Kagome's head isn't hers, just to let you know……… Bwah-ha-ha………coughs. Excuse me, evil frog demon in my throat. ;)

Comments to my reviewers:

First, thank you all very much for the kind comments.

Next I apologize profusely for misspelling Fluffy-sama's name in my earlier edition. I've fixed the name discrepancies and tried to review the language and spelling a bit better.

To Mistress Fluffy, no I don't think the romance is taking too long after all a love like theirs doesn't come around everyday and must be experienced to its fullest. Also don't forget until this chapter Fluffy still wasn't entirely sure she was the same Kagome. Once the romance begins in earnest there'll be no stopping it.