InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Didn't Know I Was Waiting For You ❯ The Great Idea ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I know I have been very lazy when it comes to getting this out, but I'm having typer's block. I don't like typing and I'm stuck while trying to type chapter 14, I mean it's been written by hand for almost a month, but every time I sit to type it I become distracted by the pretty colors on my computer and get drawn into other people's worlds.

I'm posting this today because of how many people want me to update, I really wanted to put 12/13/14 up together but I'll just put 13 & 14 up together and post this now. 13 is PURE LEMON and chapter 14 has the toned down version starting it off for the people who don't read lemons.

For those who have read "City of Tomorrow's Memories" by Cappi either here or on A Single Spark the following exchange between Kagome and Sesshoumaru may seem very familiar because I was highly inspired by what she did. If you haven't read this excellent AU fan-fiction I highly recommend you go to my favorite authors' page and enjoy her wonderful story telling. If Cappi is reading this I hope you do not feel I'm stealing your idea because I truly only wish to honor your fantastic vision and imagination; also I have taken the exchange one step further as the katanas will prove.

Chapter 12:

Kagome still hated Mondays, but the fact that Sesshoumaru would be in two of her classes brightened her morning. She remembered how much Hojo had questioned her Sunday afternoon when she got home and smiled. He had become her older brother and she loved him very much as such and knew he loved her the same way. She showered and dressed as he made breakfast. Her mind wandered back to the past weekend and she sighed with contentment.

*I never would have thought that Mom would agree to my being with Sesshoumaru, but I'm glad she did.* She washed her hair and thought about how handsome he looked wrapped in a towel yesterday morning. ~~~ Kagome had dressed while Sesshoumaru showered and turned on the TV in the sitting room while waiting. She noticed the bathroom door open and looked that way. Stepping out of the bathroom was Sesshoumaru, skin glistening with moisture. His torso was nude and a fluffy beige towel covered from his waist to mid thigh. His long silver hair dripped on the floor in a rather undignified manner and Kagome giggled slightly to cover her desire. He had simply smirked and went in to change in the bedroom. She knew he left the door open on purpose and had to control herself to not turn and peek. After breakfast they had gone to his apartment in Tokyo and he had a key made for her. Sesshoumaru had told her he'd see her at school and made her promise to meet him at the sand garden after classes. ~~~

Kagome got out of the shower and dressed. She and Hojo ate in silence. They then caught the bus and headed to campus. In her first class she sat next to Sesshoumaru and was once again able to pet his tail through out the class period. She leaned into his side while his arm was around her shoulder as they walked. Then in the second class she again sat between Hojo and Sesshoumaru. She didn't pry about meeting at the sand garden but was anxiously wondering what he wanted to do there.

Kagome made her way to the sand garden around five. She had told Sesshoumaru at lunch that she had a few things to do at the campus shrine before they met and he said he'd wait. She arrived a little after five and entered the garden. She saw him. He was wearing a black karate gi and was dancing through a set of kattas with a katana. She couldn't stop the desire rising in her for the silver haired god before her.

Sesshoumaru caught her sweet intoxicating scent before he saw her. Her scent became laced with arousal as she waited by the entrance. Sesshoumaru studied her out of the corner of his eye. She was wearing loose jeans and a dark tee shirt, yet to him she was the most elegant and beautiful woman alive. He was nearly distracted by the little strands of hair that escaped the confines of her braid. He wove through a few more forms and then turned to his beloved.

"Hello beautiful," he said as he let the katana fall to his side. He watched her smile ruefully and shake her head slightly.

"Considering who I'm looking at I believe that is my line," she replied with laughter in her voice. She walked over to him and gazed lovingly up into his eyes. He put an arm around her and drew her into a soft kiss.

As the kiss ended he stared down into her eyes and smiled, "No, that line is definitely mine. You are beautiful." Kagome blushed at the compliment and Sesshoumaru stepped away to a boulder with another katana, a bow, and a quiver of arrows. Sesshoumaru picked up the bow; Kagome looked at him with questioning eyes as she stepped closer. "I want to see how good your skills still are," he said and tossed her the bow. She caught the bow with practiced deftness and tested the cordage.

He picked up the katana and quiver. He walked over to Kagome and she couldn't help but wonder just what he was planning. He stopped a foot from her and held out the quiver which she shouldered in one swift motion. He smirked and then leaned down to tie the katana around Kagome's waist. Her face lit up and her scent nearly drove him mad. As he released the belt he pulled her into a passionate kiss.

He let her go gently and looked deeply into her sapphire depths. "I expect you to defend yourself as you would against a real enemy." His voice was low and commanding.

Kagome understood what he wanted and mischievously asked, "Including Miko powers?"

"Only if you want a crispy fried Inu-Youkai," he joked back with twinkling laughter in his eyes. *I love you so much. Only you would make a joke like that.* She smiled and stepped away. He smiled back and then bowed before walking to the far side of the sand garden. He drew his katana, finely made but not supernatural, and stepped into an offensive stance. "Defend yourself!" he commanded as he leapt at her.

Kagome had drawn her arrow back in preparation while he walked to the other side. She sighted as he leapt into the air. She jumped back as she fired her arrow at him, making sure not to lace her purifying power into the tip. He sliced through the cheap aluminum shaft with his razor sharp blade. The severed bolt fell to the sand. Kagome took a retreating defensive position as she fired two more arrows in quick succession. She ducked behind a boulder and mystically masked her scent. Sesshoumaru dealt with both arrows and took note of her hiding place. *Foolish* He darted toward her hiding place and noticed she wasn't there when he landed.

While Sesshoumaru's attention was on the arrows, Kagome ducked behind a different boulder. She'd used a bit of magic to be somewhat invisible as she moved. She watched him assault her former hiding place and smirked. *Who always told me `never take your eyes from your enemy'?* She stood up and took careful aim over his shoulder not wanting to hit him accidentally.

The arrow zipped through his hair as he whirled; it shattered against the boulder behind him with deadly force. Sesshoumaru internally smiled *well done* as he noticed the glint in her eyes. She was already releasing another bolt and he moved to slice it in half. His movement carried through into an attacking lunge. She dodged to the side and jumped on top of a boulder. As he glided at her she released another arrow, he swatted that one as well but the pause gave her time to artfully leap to another perch.

Kagome had drawn another arrow as she leapt and took aim at the Inu-youkai hunting her when she landed. She released as she bounded away from her newest perch. Sesshoumaru simply dodged the projectile and landed within reach of her. Surprise danced in her eyes as he swiped his katana through the wooden bow in her hand.

Sesshoumaru was pleased when she released the bow, causing the wood and cord to momentarily tangle on his katana. He watched her gracefully dance away from him and tumble behind a tree. He shook the tangled mess from his blade and stalked her. His senses were alive with the hunt and he felt more like himself than he had in centuries. He caught the soft sound of a blade leaving it's sheath and felt the subtle currents to let him feel his opponent. As he rounded a tree he brought his blade up to block her sword.

Kagome quickly attacked again and was parried. They moved in a graceful deadly dance back into the open. The rhythm was attack, parry, counter attack, and block. Their movements were just slightly faster than human but not youkai speed. This went on for about a dozen exchanges and than Sesshoumaru finally saw his chance. He slid his blade under her guard and snagged the hand guard of her katana. He flicked his blade up disarming her. She let the blade go and darted in the opposite direction. The thrill of the chase burned through his veins and he cut her off. His blade stopped mere inches from her throat as he looked into her wild sparkling eyes.

"You loose," he said calmly.

Kagome smiled at him and lifted a hand to his blade. She gently pushed it away as she stepped closer to him. "No, I win," she whispered as she kissed him. The katana fell from limp fingers and he lost himself for a moment in her flavor. The tender moment was broken by clapping. Kagome and Sesshoumaru turned surprised eyes on the presidents of the kendo and archery clubs.

The two young men had been discussing ideas for this year's annual fundraising at the Autumn Festival. They heard the screech of metal slicing through metal coming from the sand garden and went to investigate. They had arrived just before the last two arrows were shot and witnessed the entire sword fight. Both had little light bulbs illuminate their minds as a fundraising idea formed. With these two giving a performance, this year would draw a huge crowd to the archery and kendo demonstration.

Togashi, the kendo president spoke as Sesshoumaru glared at them. "Sesshoumaru-san, Kagome-san, Benshiro and I were just discussing ideas for this year's club fundraising activities at the Autumn Festival and heard you sparing. Seeing your skill has inspired an idea. We would be honored if you would give this year's demonstration on behalf of both clubs." He smiled at the brilliance of his idea.

Sesshoumaru felt anger well in him at the thought of being on display for worthless niggens at a fair. Sesshoumaru's aura bristled as he envisioned being a show dog on display for plump disgusting humans. Kagome on the other hand thought it sounded fun. She came up with a theme that would turn it into an almost play-like atmosphere. She became aware of a sub-vocal growl of anger rising in Sesshoumaru and spoke before he could become murderously angry. "I think it sounds fun."

He was stunned out of his anger by the almost childlike enthusiasm in her voice. *She wants to be on display in front of others. Why?* Sesshoumaru looked down into eyes which glittered in a mixture of anticipation and hope. He knew he was powerless against that look. Her expression was so like Rin's used to be when she wanted something that Sesshoumaru gave a small almost imperceptible smile to her. "If you really want to Kagome-chan." He whispered quietly.

Togashi and Benshiro weren't sure what Sesshoumaru said but when Kagome's face lit up in a smile at him they guessed he had said yes. They were not disappointed when Kagome turned toward them and said, "We'll do the performance. You just need to get us something similar to the sand gardens to perform in and make it look somewhat feudal and wild. Let the title be The Shikon Miko vs. The Inu-Youkai Lord and leave the rest to us." She smiled happily at them.

Sesshoumaru was surprised by her title but remained silent. Togashi said, "No problem, sounds like a fantastic idea. We'll leave you two to practice for what I'm sure will be the best show our clubs have ever done."

Kagome nodded and said, "Okay then we'll see you at the meets tomorrow." She then made a shooing motion and they left smiling with satisfaction. Kagome turned to Sesshoumaru after they left and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him into a passionate kiss and as it ended said, "Thank you."

He looked down into her eyes and said, "Why did you want to be on display in front of everyone?"

She smiled and shook her head before replying. "When I was little, actually when most people are little they dream about being famous or well known. Before Inuyasha and the well came into my life I had wanted to join drama club at school, but fate saw otherwise. Since I never took drama or acting classes the closest I'll ever get to my ten minutes of fame is doing something I am good at. It's why I compete in archery and kendo. I enjoy the glow of recognition and appreciation from the audience. I know craving that is selfish but I'm human and we all feel selfish once in a while." She ended with her head bowed.

"I don't think that is selfish at all. I remember a time when all I craved was my father's recognition in my accomplishments. I think the desire for another's approval or admiration is simply apart of being alive." Sesshoumaru spoke quietly with tender love and conviction. Kagome raised her head and smiled her love and thanks. Sesshoumaru decided to tease her then and jokingly said, "Although I have no idea how we're going to make me look like a miko."

Kagome giggled and replied, "Well we have pretty make-up and we'll get a stuffed bra and ………" He silenced her joke with a kiss. As he released her lips she laughed and asked, "What you don't think you'd look good in drag?"

He growled quietly, "No I would not."

"Well I'm glad you agree with me, because you are the Inu-Youkai Lord and I am the Shikon Miko." Kagome said, pointing a finger at each of them in turn. "And I was thinking that for the `costumes' we could simply have no illusions in place, or get some elf ears from the store for you and have you dress something similar to what you used to wear. I'll wear a traditional red miko outfit."

He pulled her closer and as he nibbled her ear said, "I like the idea of not wearing illusions, that way I have no props getting in my way." He smiled against her throat as he kissed it. He was starting to like the idea of showing off his skill.

Kagome and Sesshoumaru practiced every opportunity they got. In order to ensure the he got more time with Kagome, Sesshoumaru paid the rent on her and Hojo's apartment for the rest of the school year. Both Kagome and Hojo had protested but in the end the Youkai Lord got his way. Kagome reduced her time at the campus shrine to one hour a day which gave her much more time to spend with Sesshoumaru. During their time together he helped her study for the classes she wasn't very good in; they practiced for the festival, and just spent time together. Kagome had been shocked to learn just how much Sesshoumaru enjoyed shopping, especially when he got to see her in everything she tried on. In the six weeks since their first date, Sesshoumaru had bought Kagome two wardrobes of clothing. She now had clothing at her apartment, his apartment and his estate. They spent every weekend at the estate because they could practice for a very long time without interruption while there.

The festival was two weeks away during the Halloween weekend. They were at Sesshoumaru's estate practicing. They had agreed to a random fair way of deciding the winner of each sparing demonstration. They would have three white and three blue pebbles in a bag and someone would draw a pebble out before the performance. If the pebble was blue, Kagome would win; if the pebble was white, Sesshoumaru would win. The end would be with the `winner' holding their sword at the `loser's' throat as the lights went out. Because of how much Kagome was looking forward to doing the performance, Sesshoumaru secretly took over the construction of their stage area. He would have nothing less than the best for his Kagome.

They constantly practiced because the fight would not be choreographed. The only part choreographed would be the opening. Kagome would fire an arrow at his back while tapping her foot to let him know she was releasing and he would turn, cutting the arrow in half before it hit him. Then the first part of the performance would be the arrow fight-chase and somehow or other he would get close enough to cut her bow in half and then the sword fight would begin.

That was why they practiced so intensely, neither wanted to accidentally hurt the other. They needed to be able to read one another's subtlest movement and subconscious signal.

Today's practice was like so many before it yet different. It had started in the typical manner but there was a subtle shift in the ambiance of the moment. Kagome had been getting aroused as the arrow fight-chase started. She was being subconsciously distracted by images of Sesshoumaru dripping wet wearing only a towel. Her arousal in turn made Sesshoumaru aroused and he allowed the chase to go longer than usual, in fact Kagome had fired over a dozen arrows and was on her last bolt. He pulled himself out of the heady enjoyment of her scent as she raised her last arrow and prepared to fire.

Sesshoumaru sprung to the offensive and as her arrow sped toward him he deftly caught it in his claw and snapped it in two. He landed in front of her swiping his blade through the wood as she brandished it against him. She dove under his outstretched arm as his katana tangled in the bow's string. She drew her own katana as she rolled from her tumble to face him. He had caught the scent of her desire and adrenaline as she brushed past him.

Kagome's eyes were wild, glistening with her pent up passions. She took a defensive stance reading every possible move his fluid muscles would make. Her awareness had become hyper-sensitive during these practices. Her own power had begun to modify her awareness and abilities because Sesshoumaru had still scratched her a few times in spite of his control. Her body didn't enjoy the miniscule pain and her magic had responded by granting her supra-natural strength, speed, endurance and awareness. Kagome read his body and eyes; she stepped to the right to block his blade which appeared there almost out of nowhere.

Sesshoumaru had noticed her hyper-senses and supra-human abilities. Her speed, strength and stamina started to almost be on par with a Hanyou's. His love and desire for her only increased each time they sparred. He was very proud of her strength and knew he'd found his perfect mate. Today his desire and need for her was so intense that he had trouble controlling himself. Her precise block pleased him and he pulled back to parry her counter attack. He knew exactly where the counter strike was coming because of how he read her subtle shoulder movements.

Kagome's counter strike was deflected skillfully and her need only strengthened. The desire that sang in her ears with each enflamed heartbeat was almost more than she could bear. She knew that the fighting, the bloodless deadly dance of steel was awakening a sexual hunger that would not quiet until it was satisfied. It roared in her head like an enraged beast demanding it be fed. Strangely the passion didn't frighten her; rather it invigorated her.

Sesshoumaru attacked, parried, blocked, and counter attacked about five more times. He read her every movement and was in turn read by her. Finally he saw the opening he needed and feigned to the left. Somehow Kagome did not see his ploy. The reason she didn't realize it was a fake was because his `attack' was actually with his bare claw. As the katanas clashed his off hand gripped her sword wrist. The sudden contact surprised her and her grip wavered.

Kagome's body was on fire at his touch. She was helpless as the clawed hand deftly removed her sword from her hand. She tumbled back away from him the moment his hand left her flesh. Then for some instinctual reason she ran. She was vaguely aware of the sound of blades hitting the dirt. Her primary senses were rather focused on the youkai who had gleefully taken to the chase.

Sesshoumaru felt the chase sing in his very soul as he launched himself after her. Kagome was running deeper into his private woods and he followed swiftly without sound. Her arousal flooded over his senses. There was no fear in her scent and suddenly he put in an extra burst of speed. She wanted him and he would have her. This day's practice had turned into the Mating Challenge and the end chase was upon them. Kagome was initiating the Chase without consciously realizing it. *Today I claim my mate.*

Kagome ran not fully knowing why. She only knew that he would catch her and she would have him. She subconsciously knew that this would end with their first time together. She knew that when it was over he would be hers for the rest of her life and she would be his. She felt him close the distance and whirled around in the clearing. As she spotted him her miko shield surrounded her. He flew through her shield as if it wasn't there and pounced her to the ground.

**********************************************

The next chapter is the LEMON.

Thank you all so much for your reviews and encouragement.

Kirara, as you can see the college theme is still there. Sesshoumaru has his estate, still in the Western Lands and an apartment for him to stay at by the school. As to whether Kagome will be able to stay with Sesshoumaru forever……… you'll see.

Angel of the Night--- you'll learn what happened to Jakken in a few chapters, but to let you know he isn't in this fic.

Shichan2- I don't know if you got my e-mail, but I would be honored to be archived at your site, thank you very much.

Thank you all again so very much.

Hopefully I'll finish typing chapter 14 in a few days and get 13 & 14 posted within a week, that's my goal at least. I hope you enjoyed this.