InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Have Lemonade, Please ❯ Little Known Facts About Dog Demons ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'll have Lemonade, Please

By Fujifunmum

Chapter 2: Little Known Facts About Dog Demons

Kagome was usually an early riser, and this morning was no exception. She exhaled and turned over, immediately realizing that she was not in her own bed. She took a deep breath and recognized the unmistakable smell of the ocean. She opened her eyes and saw that the French doors to the deck were open. She couldn't see the beach or the ocean, too much smog and fog at this early hour, but there was no doubt she was at Inu Yasha's beach house.

"I really do have shit for brains," she murmured to herself as she got up to go to the bathroom. As she stepped on the floor, she saw the remains of her clothing, shredded in last night's festivities. "And he's not a cheap date, either. That dress set me back 3 bills. Him and his fucking Armani. He doesn't get that I'm not made of money." She spotted Inu Yasha's silk robe hanging in the bathroom and put it on. She was about to go find some coffee when she heard him coming up the steps on the deck.

"Back from your jog so soon?" She was picking her clothes up from the floor and scowling as she said it. "What the hell am I supposed to wear home? I can't get in a cab dressed like this!"

He came around behind her and caught her up in his arms. "I'm gonna take a quick shower, wanna come? Keh, this silk feels good on you…" Her anger dissolved in his tender kisses, but the practical considerations took precedence in the cold light of day.

"No time, you should have thought of that before you toasted my clothes. Now I have to go back home before I can go into the precinct."

"Not a problem, I want you here, Kagome. Move in. I've already made room for you in my closet, see?" And he took her by the hand and walked her over to the huge walk-in closet. It was normally full to bursting with his extensive wardrobe, but now it stood nearly half-empty. His side was immaculately arranged with his suits, shirts, etc. Her side was mostly empty, but had three dresses and two suits with matching blouses; accessories, etc. ready for her to choose from. She was stunned into silence, and walked over to look at her choices. The designer labels said it all. She could not have afforded any of these on her detective grade pay.

"You're serious?" She was totally unprepared for this turn of events. She paused as he nodded, then she added, "And exactly what am I supposed to wear underneath?"

He grinned broadly and pointed to the top built-in drawer on "her side" of the closet. She opened it with some trepidation. He was grinning too broadly for her to be anything but very suspicious. She looked into the drawer and turned a very deep shade of pink. "Where did you get this stuff, Bimbos-R-Us?" She pulled out a black lace thong and matching bra, which was little better than nipple tape. "What, exactly, do you call this?"

"Edible." He said, smiling even more broadly as he watched her reactions. He was blocking her exit, with his arms crossed across his chest, enjoying this immensely. He gave her about 2 minutes to fume and blush an even deeper red. Then he burst out laughing and pointed to the second drawer.

Kagome threw the black items back in the top drawer, wiping her hands off on his robe like they'd been covered in slime. Then she opened the second drawer and saw several pairs of her usual brand of bikini underwear and bras, in the nude and blush colors she preferred.

"You ARE serious?" She stared at him quizzically. She really didn't know what to say to him, the whole idea of living with him seemed so outlandish.

He picked her up under the arms and dragged her back to the bedroom. "Of course, I'm serious. We're mated, we should live together. Think it over. But for now, we have time for a shower, ne? Wanna watch? Wanna come? Both?" He said, kissing her between questions as he walked them over to the bathroom door.

"Live here? You're such a Neanderthal! You'd like nothing better than keeping me barefoot and pregnant down here at the beach. No fucking way. I have my own life, Inu Yasha, and I'm not at all certain it includes you. As for the shower, I still don't have much time, you know. The Mayor's office will be after me for an update on this murder investigation first thing this morning." She glanced at the clock in his bedroom. "I have to be out of this door in fifteen minutes."

"Did I ever tell you that Dog Demons invented the quickie?"

Kagome giggled as he set her down on her feet just inside the bathroom door. He turned her around and swatted her on the bottom to scoot her into the room. "Start the shower, but don't get in - I'll be right back, bitch."

It took him about 30 seconds to peel out of his running clothes, everything but his sports watch was left in a heap on the bedroom floor. He started to remove the watch, but then stopped. His eyes took on an evil twinkle; he was a dog with a plan.

Kagome had removed his robe, and was reaching into the shower to adjust the water temperature when he leaped behind her and reached around her. "First Rule of Dog Demon Quickies," he announced, as he reached his arms around to encircle her, touching her as little as possible. He leaned his head down to whisper his warm breath into her ear, "Arousal." And he moved his forearms to brush lightly against her nipples, enjoying her immediate response to his touch.

He took her wrists in his hands and brought her right hand to his mouth. He turned her right palm up and lightly kissed the center, nipping at each of her fingers before using both of their right arms to bring her closer to him, holding her under her breasts. Then he brought up her left hand, and sensuously licked the center of her palm, taking each of her fingers one at a time and briefly sucking on them.

Kagome began to quiver as she sighed and leaned back to rest on his chest. At this, Inu Yasha intertwined his right hand with hers and began to lightly play their fingers over her stomach. She was used to his claws, and the intense reactions they evoked within her, but she was amazed at the gentleness of his fingertips against her. She was having difficulty discerning where his touch ended and her own began. Her breathing quickened as Inu Yasha brought their fingers lower and lower.

Her head was starting to swim. His warm breath in her ear and on the nape of her neck was making her shiver. The rumblings of a growl in his chest behind her made her own chest vibrate and she started to feel that familiar feeling of losing herself in his touch. By the time his fingers found her folds and reached within them she was aching for his touch. He used both of their fingers to rub her clitoris while he reached further to massage gently at her entrance.

She was barely able to stand now. And she hardly noticed when he lifted her slightly to move them so he could lean against the bathroom wall. He could balance her better with his back supported, so now he had another hand free to tug at her nipples, using the same rhythm they were using below to leave her breathless. He didn't enter her with his other fingers, but he began to spread her exterior muscles. Her response was immediate. She began to pant and he could feel her interior muscles reaching, attempting to cling to something, twitching in their emptiness. She was nearing her climax, when he withdrew their hands and turned both of them, putting her back to the wall.

He bent his head to take one breast in his mouth while he guided himself to her entrance. She was trembling under his touch, eager to feel him within her, and urging him on with her arms wrapped around his neck.

He took her in one swift motion, and began to thrust immediately within her. It only took a few deep thrusts to bring her back to the brink of her orgasm. He took her mouth in his and moved his tongue in sync to the music of their moving bodies. She was clasping him inside her and sucking on his tongue fervently as she tumbled over the brink. Her passionate response brought Inu Yasha with her in the next moment. As they recovered together, Inu Yasha glanced at his watch and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "8 minutes."

Kagome reached up with both hands to grab bunches of Inu Yasha's hair on either side of his face and draw him down so she could look directly into his eyes. "Then fuck me again, asshole."

"See, you are my mate. You already know the Second Rule of Dog Demon Quickies: Talk dirty to me, babe."

She moved her hands up to rub both of his ears as she smiled sweetly and said, "Do it now bastard, or you're under arrest."

"What are the charges, ma'am?" Inu Yasha's eyes were closed and she could feel him hardening with each caress to his sensitive ears. The rumbling in his chest was starting again, too.

"Indecent exposure, damn it! Breach of fucking contract isn't a criminal offense. But I could sue you for damages…Don't make me get my gun."

"Well, I better cover it up then, bitch. Wouldn't want to risk a citation right here in the bathroom." If Kagome had any answer, it was going to have to wait. Inu Yasha concealed his weapon and reached down to pull her trigger while he was at it. She felt him smiling against her lips, but then it was all sweat and steam as her feelings overwhelmed her again. By the time she felt him coming to a rousing conclusion, she was calling his name with the joy and satisfaction of her own climax.

As they were recovering in each other's arms, Inu Yasha's watch alarm sounded. He withdrew and walked into the shower, leaving a stunned Kagome looking a little shell-shocked at his abrupt departure.

He reached out and dragged her in with one arm. "Come on, bitch. I'll wash your back."

True to his word, Kagome was out the bathroom door in 15 minutes, cleaner and happier than usual. Yash got her a cup of decaf coffee as she dressed in one of the Armani suits he had gotten for her. It looked terrific on her, and her slides matched it well enough.

"Decaf? You know I hate Decaf coffee. If there's no caffeine, why drink it? And you didn't buy me shoes?" She inquired.

"Decaf's better for you. Someone has to watch out for your health. As for the shoes, would I deny a woman the pleasure of shoe shopping? How much of an idiot do you take me for?"

"You don't want to know." She said, but softened her words with a brief kiss on his forehead. She turned and reached for her coffee as he took advantage of her closeness to inhale more deeply of her scent. He confirmed his earlier conclusions. It was just slightly altered. Just enough to make him believe that he had been successful. Soon, he thought, smiling at her. Soon you will be right here where I want you.

Kagome was not in so much of a rush to get to her office that she forgot his promise of the previous evening. On her way out to the front door to watch for the cab he had called, she turned, put her hands on her hips and demanded, "So?"

"'So' what?" He replied, trying to plaster an innocent look on his face.

"So, what's the information you promised me if I had dinner with you last night? Seems like I should get the benefit of all your thoughts on this case after what we had for dessert." She was insistent, but smiling.

"I was going to tell you about the porno mags. Remember them?" When she shook her head in agreement he continued. "It wasn't a collection. All those mags had his picture in them. He was a model, we just didn't realize that his face wasn't his most marketable feature. As to what else, I haven't had too much time to think about this case yet, I have been a little preoccupied with other things," he said, reaching over to pinch her bottom before continuing, "but I have a gut feeling that there is more danger lurking out there. There's something that just doesn't add up."

He walked her out to her cab. Then he grabbed her arm and kissed her cheek. Just before he helped her in, he whispered in her ear, "Be careful, bitch." She rolled her eyes at him and gave him a backhanded wave as the cab drove away.

Yash went back into the house and got on-line. Sango would be in by now, and he wanted to get her to find out more about the family. It would be easier for the insurance company to get that information without suspicion. Her IM icon was a chibbie Kenshin. What a softhearted chick she was underneath.

"Salamander's is all set for next Friday at 8."

"Excellent!"

"Special occasion? You and Miroku doin' it yet?"

"None of your damn business, perv. You been working or wonking off?"

"Neither, babe. The stars were in perfect alignment last night."

"Film at 11?"

"You wish. Can we do lunch?"

"What do you want, perv?"

"So suspicious…more info on family…can you get it by noon?"

"Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear shit in the woods? Are Dog Demons Assholes?"

"Nice. You eat with that mouth?"

"Later, prick. Pick me up at 11:30."

He spent the rest of the morning finding out everything he could about the deceased's father, one Weldon Naguashi. Second generation. Up from the trenches and richer than shit. Cutting edge computer geek. Worked 45 hours a day. Arranged marriage with victim's mother - who killed herself when the boy was 2. Nice family. Money can't buy you love, indeed. Kid left home at 14. Dad noticed 6 months later. Reports said they were estranged. Geez, ya think?

Enough about the grieving father. Time to get the scoop on the deceased, Weldon Jr. He pulled up a number of porn sites, looking for Weldon's pictures. If Kagome did consent to move in, he was gonna have to clean out his bookmarks. Weldon was a prominent feature on a couple of seedier sites, graphic but no kids. Maybe the guy had some standards. Then he found his body parts plastered all over a few of the grungier gay porno sites. Maybe not. The guy might have been AC/DC, but he was still whacked and Yash was no closer to finding any reason. Time to call a few of his seedier contacts.

Yash had numerous contacts in the "modeling" biz. It was a prime place to look for runaways and had paid a lot of bills in his first few years as a private dick. He kept his contacts well fed and watered, and they returned the favor with generous doses of information, speculation and gratuitous offers. The information and speculation were valuable; he refused all offers that didn't wear an LAPD detective badge and pack heat.

He had lots of info, but still no real motive for murder, as he walked back down the beach to pick up the Jag. Lunch with Sango should help.

Kagome had her own version of an interesting morning. She grabbed a danish from the staff room, ate it and promptly threw up. What was up with her stomach? She felt a little light-headed, but chalked it up to lack of sleep and called Shippo in to report on the porno stash. He'd reviewed all of the items in the deceased's condo and was the best one to check on Yash's theory.

Shippo noticed a slight change in Kagome's scent as soon as he entered her office. "You feeling all right, Detective Higurashi?" He checked her ring finger, but no evidence of an engagement. He could be mistaken, but he was pretty sure she was pregnant. He wondered if she knew.

"I'm fine, Shippo. How are you?"

"Fine, detective."

"Great, if we're both fucking fine this morning do you think we could possibly go over this Naguashi file? The Mayor's Office is giving me heartburn over it already and hasn't even been 24 hours. Has the coroner's report come in?"

"Not yet." Oh man, if her pregnancy was anything like her PMS, the whole office was in for a brutal nine months. Or maybe not. What was the gestation period for a Hanyou/Human mating? He didn't think this was a prudent time to ask her.

"Then call them and put a rush on it. The victim's father is going to hold a news conference this afternoon and we don't want to be the lead item on the 5 o'clock news, do we? No LAPD black eyes on my watch, Shippo."

"Yes, Ma'am. Anything else?"

"Yes. Check out those porno mags and flicks for the victim's likeness. Maybe he was a performer, not a collector."

"Can I get you something, Kagome? Maybe some crackers and gingerale? You look a little green around the gills."

Her face softened a little. "Yeah, that would be great. My stomach is a little grumbly this morning. Thanks."

Shippo had just come to this precinct from the academy and was smitten with Kagome. She had made Detective in only 5 years on the force and even the good old boys liked her. She was one terrific cop and defensive as hell about anyone on her staff. She demanded excellence and accepted no less, but she gave just as much herself. She had taken a real liking to Shippo and was acting as his mentor. He was suffering from a severe case of heroine worship, and felt very protective of her. He was under no delusions about Yash's interest. All he had to do was see them together one time. Besides, his scent said it all. Yash considered Kagome his mate. But Kagome seemed to be totally clueless about what that meant to a dog demon. She had to know he was a hanyou if she had slept with him, didn't she? And now she was pregnant? What was she thinking?

Well, the entire staff knew about their relationship. If it wasn't apparent from their body language when he came to the precinct, he made it crystal clear at Badgers. Shippo had been there once when one of the newbies made a crack about her, insinuating he'd like to help her work out her PMS aggression in a non-violent manner. Perhaps a little exercise between the sheets would improve her outlook? The rest of the guys had worked hard to restrain Yash, but the newbie still needed stitches and a transfer to recover. Gee, a dog demon marking his territory. Imagine that. Shippo, as a fox demon, had only needed 30 seconds to sniff out the situation. He couldn't imagine his Kagome with that asshole, but the choice had already been made.

Yash went to pick up Sango at 11:30 and was a little surprised that she wasn't alone.

"Park the Jag, Yash. We'll meet you at Sushi.com. It's 2 blocks down on the left."

Sango slammed the door to his car and started walking, chatting with the other young woman with her as they left.

He joined them at the sushi bar a few minutes later.

"Krista, this is my dear friend Yash. Yash, this is Krista Allouva. She's got some info on the Naguashi case I think you will be interested in. Krista, you can trust Yash. He's working for the company on this matter so it's OK to tell him everything you told me. Don't worry, no one can overhear us in this joint. Just tell him."

"Hey, Yash. Nice to meet you. I used to work for the agent who brokered this policy. He was a real jerk, not to mention a pervert. I transferred to home office as soon as I could, and now I work in claims with Sango."

"Nice to meet you, too, Krista. What can you tell me about the Naguashi family?"

"Freaks. Both father and son. The father was a buddy of my former boss. Guy was such a freakin' geek he relied on his friends to set him up with women. The agent took me to lunch one day and this guy shows up. I think it's a business lunch, but Weldon Sr. has another impression. Well, I don't do nooners for assholes, so I told the guy I had to go back to work, got his signature on the insurance application I thought we were going to discuss, and gave my former boss a very large piece of my mind. I threatened him with a sexual harassment suit if he didn't recommend me for this job at home office and I started working with Sango the next week."

"Can you tell me about the application? And what about the son?"

"Well, the insurance policy is supposed to be on the son, right? But the son thinks it's on the father, that's the only way he agreed to sign it. No one has a fucking clue what insurance documents say, so the agent just assured him it was coverage on dad, payable to him and pointed out where to sign. The idiot didn't even question the fact that he had to see our guy for a blood & urine sample. He was a total spaceball. I figured the tests would show drugs, but he came up clean and I mailed the policy and documents to daddy myself."

"So how much did daddy offer you, Krista?"

"Fuck off, Yash," Sango interjected. "Forget what I said about Yash being trustworthy, Krista. He's really a prick."

"Sango, I think I'll go back to the office, if we're finished here. Sushi is really not my thing. Frankly, if you eat any more of those in front of me I'm gonna blow chuncks. Later. Nice to meet you, Yash. Hope things work out with Kagome." As Krista left the table, Yash gave Sango a very dark look indeed.

"What exactly do I need luck with Kagome for? And how does Krista know about her?"

"You're a guy. You're pitiful. Opps, that's redundant. Of course she knows about Kagome, idiot. You think I'm bringing some little secretary looking for love to meet you in your Armani and Jag combo without warning her that you are well and truly taken? No fucking way. Girls code. Besides, has Kagome agreed to be your mate? You guys got it together yet?"

"Well, I think things are going just fine, thank you for your concern."

"Yeah, right. You need all the help you can get, including best wishes from strangers. Why don't you get some advice from my Miroku? He knows how to make a girl happy." She smiled sweetly at Yash and flashed her brightest smile while waving her engagement ring at him.

"Great idea. If I groped Kagome in public the way Miroku gropes you, Kagome would sever some very tender arteries in very sensitive places. I have my own plans at the moment."

It was Sango's turn to give Yash a questioning look. "Your plans have really sucked so far. Maybe you'd better tell Dr. Sango what you are thinking of so I can give you a little preventative advice."

"No chance. Guys code."

"Your loss, Yash. Kagome is not gonna go for your lame ass stuff, so plan accordingly. What else can I get you on this case?"

"That's it for now. I gotta give this some thought. I'm missing something, I can feel it."

"Well, as usual, you owe me. Miroku loves basketball, think you can score us some tickets? I'd like to see some of those stars who sit behind the bench, so make them GOOD seats, OK?"

"You're a cruel woman, Sango. I'll see what I can do. And if you talk to Kagome, don't mention anything about my plans. I want them to be a surprise."

"Shit. Why would I mention you to Kagome? It's not like you're her mate or anything…Later, Yash."

"As I said, a cruel woman. See ya, babe."

Kagome wasn't feeling any better after lunch. She sipped some gingerale and nibbled on crackers, but her insides were still churning. Looking at the coroner's report didn't help, but it was a very necessary part of the job. Naguashi Jr. was whacked by someone with a very strong piece of shit in his or her hands. His head was bashed in, but he fell backwards, into the copy machine. The coroner felt he had died instantly. He speculated that the heavy object might be an ax handle, a rifle butt, the leg of a table, or another similarly shaped object. Nothing of that nature had been found at the scene. Her staff believed he must have known the perp, since the blow had to be delivered at close quarters. They had interviewed everyone in the company and no one had heard so much as a pin drop. And Kagome knew why. She'd noticed immediately that all of the employees were geeks in their own little world. Each one had a cube, each had a computer, and each had their headphones on. She'd be surprised if this group noticed there was a world, let alone anything that took place outside of their own little cube. Shippo confirmed it. She asked him to find out about any friendships with the deceased among his co-workers.

"Friendships! These jerks didn't know his name or where he worked. I probed a little deeper and discovered they didn't know each other, either. I introduced their lame asses to each other. How did you know, Detective?"

"Headphones, glazed eyes, highly decorated cubes, but no pictures of anyone who actually breathes air - just droids and guys with swords. Dead giveaway. Excuse me, Shippo." And Kagome bolted for the ladies room.

Shippo shook his head. "This is not good. I've got to figure out if she knows."

But Kagome felt much better after work, and headed for Badgers with the guys. She was about to order a beer, but Shippo suggested she stick with coke since her stomach had been "grumbly" earlier. She gave him a look, but agreed that it was probably a good idea not to push it. She told him to knock it off when he started suggesting salad was a better choice than the burger she was about to order. He looked innocent enough, but what was up with his sudden interest in her eating habits?

She and Shippo were discussing the case, trying to rule out all the potentials they'd considered during the day, when Yash came in. He waved at her, but she gave him a thumbs down sign, she wanted to go over the case with Shippo, not deal with him tonight. He smiled and joined another table, but gave Shippo quite a glare as soon as her back was turned. Shippo was no fool. He and Kagome exhausted their ideas about what to do next - e.g. Shippo was going to learn more about the local porn magazines than he could possibly stand. Then he suggested that he needed to get home, and got up to leave, motioning Yash to come over with his head as he stood. He might hate the guy, but Kagome didn't.

But wait? Was Yash even the dad? Shippo had a sudden urge to find out just what was going on, so as Yash came up to the table, he said, "I was just going to get Kagome and myself another drink, Yash. Can I get you something?"

Kagome turned a confused look on him, but figured he might have had another idea about the case. Yash sat down on her right and said, "How ya feeling, Kagome? Everything OK?" He tried to be discrete in his sniffing. Kagome was so used to him constantly inhaling around her, she barely noticed. But Shippo noticed, as he carried their drinks back to the table. He and Yash had a beer, but Kagome had another coke.

"No beer, Kagome? That's a good idea. You know women really shouldn't drink, especially in bars. Gives some guys the wrong impression. Glad to see you're taking good care of yourself."

"What drugs are you on, asshole? And since when do you care what I drink? You're usually buying for me if I remember correctly. First decaf, and now this. Did you join a cult or what?"

Shippo was really glad he'd stayed for the entertainment. Yash knew. And it had to be his or he'd be insane by now. But Shippo had a feeling that Kagome was not at all aware of what he and Yash knew. He couldn't have planned it better himself when Kagome asked him to give her a ride home. She went off to say goodnight to the rest of the guys and Yash turned to have a word with Shippo.

"What's on your mind, little fox?"

"She doesn't know, does she? You are such a fucking idiot."

"If you tell her, I'll hunt you down for sport."

"No need, Yash. I've got a front row seat at the best show in town. Dying will seem like fun to you after she finds out. You have to be the biggest asshole on the planet. What makes you think she'll go along with this charade? She has a choice you know."

The look on Yash's face told Shippo all he needed to know. Yash had never considered for one moment that Kagome might do anything but become his mate. It would drive him totally nuts thinking that she had any other choice. And that made Shippo a very happy fox. He didn't think for a second that Kagome would choose another path, but let Inu Yasha stew about it until she found out. Then there would be hell to pay. And he was going to be in the front row. With popcorn.