InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ I have to go alone & Kill the walking clay pot ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I ran across the western lands. I never knew I could be so fast. A new energy in me was pulling me forward. I ran and Didn't look back to my home fading in the background.

~~~~~~~~~~


Sesshoumaru left Kagome to her rest. He was in search of Rin then he was going to find that Fox Demon.

He found them both in the Garden. He stood in the background unnoticed by the two.

"Rin? Have you seen Kagome?"

"Not since we came here but she is most likely with Sesshoumaru?

Rin sat on the swing Sesshoumaru had built for her. Well had his servents build for her. Shippou stood behind her and pushed her gently. I'll be right back"

"where are you going Shippou?"

A minute later he was back behind her pushing her.

"Where did you go?"

"To get you this." He held a daisy in front of her.

"Oh! How Sweet! Thanks Shippo!"

She turned and threw her arms around him.

'Humans and their silly ideas. It's just a flower. No big deal. . . Maybe Kagome would like a flower.'

Sesshoumaru went to another part of the Garden an found a deep red rose in full bloom. 'She would like this I think. Silly humans'

He walked back to the room but Kagome wasn't there. He was the black ink drying on the mirror.

"i promised. . . Have to go. . . Alone. . . Love you. . ."

"GRRRRRRRRRR! Sesshoumaru punched the mirror and the glass shattered.

"She promised to stay!"

He paced the room they had shared last night.

"Fine, if she wants to leave I'm not going after her!"

The smell of her sweet sent in the room was making him even angrier.

"NEVER AGAIN!"

He stormed out and left the westernlands. Not to go after her but to get away completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gently touched the mark where Sesshoumaru laided claim to me. I summoned a picture of him in my head but I felt abanndoned. He was angry. I knew. I had been running for a week. I seldom stopped. I could only think my new found strength came form Sesshoumaru.

I paused at a stream to drink and I saw my reflection. the Cresent on my fore head and the stripes on my cheeks. My hair had gone completely white.

Once more I pictured him in my mind and whispered "I'll come back to you. I swear. I love you Sesshoumaru."

I slept all that night. Tomarrow I would face Kikyou.

kill the clay pot

Kikyo was working her spell. The sun had set. The new moon had dawned. The moon of death and distruction, and of secret evil doings.

She was giggling madly. After exhisting years without a soul of her own she had finally sunk into insanity.

"Tonight Naraku will return! And he will give me back my soul."

I stepped into the clearing

"Something a little wrong with that logic Kikyo."

She hissed like she was being burned.

"YOU!"

"I've come here to stop you Kikyo."

"you have my Soul! IT'S MINE! GIVE IT! to me."

She streached her hand out as if I could just place it in her hand. The firelight flickered in her eyes. Something was burning within the fire and I could see a face reflected in those eyes.

"Naraku"

"He's coming to me."

She laughed and stared to the fire.

"Can't you see it."

"NO!"

I pulled my bow and grabbed an arrow tossing the rest to the ground.

"I won't allow it!"

My miko energies poured into the arrow

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Kikyo plowed into me and the arrow plunged into the ground a foot from the fire. It started to dwindle like a flood coming ever near.

"You! YOU KILLED him!"

"He was already dead Kikyo. Just like you! That's why I won't feel bad when I send you back to HELL!"

I pushed away from her and back to where I dropped my quiver. I reached for the sword I had hidden there. I faced the maddened miko. She saught for a release. As my blade shown pink and I sliced at her neck I wished she would find peace in the afterlife.

Fire was now raging all around me and Kikyo melted to ash and powdered clay.

The fire had spread, running from the arrow in the ground. It was reaching for the clay statue lying in the mud.

I sliced at the ground where the fire was creeping, my sword left traces of purifying energies. I boxed in the fire where it had originated. I watched as it sputtered and died and with it the image of Naraku.

Sifting through the ashes I found the Symbol of a spider. Try as I may, my miko energy could not touch it.

"this is how she ment to bring him back. I must take it away."

______________________________

Inuyasha's forest is right outside where Tokyo would one day be. I headed north and took a boat to an island there. It was tiny and uninhabited. Many feared this island as a place of death. No one would ever come here. Not for hundreds of years. They will not find the symbol of Naraku. I found a cave that lead deep under ground. A pile of rocks to mark a grave. Then lastly I shot an arrow into the pile sealing it for generations.

I had been gone well over a month And I was returning to Sesshoumaru.

I was exhausted. I had ran my shoes to nothing. My clothes would be fitting on a beggar woman, not a great miko married to the Lord of the Western lands. I could see the castle in the distance and I was reaching the boarder of his personal grounds.

I reached out to feel the solid invisible wall of magic. I pushed at it expecting it to fall before me. But it remained solid.

Sesshoumaru had rejected me.