InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ dreams and tears ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't remember anything for the longest time. I remember the day it began to snow. The winter had been mild until then.

In my time we would be celebrating Christmas soon. But I didn't think on it too much. Some how I found my self heading south.

I don't remember how long it was since I last ate. I don't know how long it was since I was last warm. I only knew, that as I finally fell from exhaustion and hypothermia my rescue came.

White hair and golden eyes.

"Sesshoumaru."

He picked me up and carried me away.

______________________

"Hello Inuyasha. . . Is that. . . "

"Kagome."

"What?"

"I found her on my way. She had collapsed in the snow."

He laid her gently near the blazing fire.

In the years since they met Kagome they had celebrated a holiday called Christmas. They had invited Kagome but didn't understand why she had come this way.

Sango wrapped her in all the spare blankets and tipped a cup of warm honey water to her lips

"Inuyasha, what do thes markings mean, and what's with the white hair?" she indicated the bite scar and the red strips.

"The first means she has been taken as Sesshoumarus mate, the red means he made her Lady of the Western Lands. I'm not sure about the white hair. Might be a weird side effect of her being a miko."

"Where is Sesshoumaru."

"We will have to wait for her to wake, and ask."

_________________________

I dremt.

There was a woman there.

One of the four spirits

'Kagome.'

"yes?"

'you must be strong now.'

"What if I don't want to?"

'you have not been givin a choice! I wish you to know that Kikyo has found peace. she has been returned to the jewel. her soul and your soul are one in the same only because it is connected to the shikon jewel.'

"what do you mean"

'you know me as the soul of the jewel, but there are four of us. you have forgotten. forgotten much since you were born to this world. but all is forgivin.'

"Since I was born to this world?"

'the shikon jewel must always be in the world. and as long as it is in the world one of the four soul must be there as well. Kikyo's time was over but she did not accept it. now she is returned and at peace. in time she will come to you in your dreams as well but she must first accept her place among us once again.'

"If you are one soul and I another and Kikyou the third. Who is the fourth."

'You have not yet needed her. she has sent you her gifts thought you did not know it was her. she sent you the dream of Kikyo. she will send you others in her time. she will give you access to dreams not your own. but now is not the time. you must now go back to your world. you are saddened much but your destiny awaits.'

_________________________

Inuyasha awoke to the sounds of Kagome's Hystarics.

"It's all my fault. . . *SOB*. . . He. . . He wouldn't let me. . . me back. . .*SOB*. . . But I . . . I had to . . . to . . Go . . *SOB*. . .I shouldn't have broken my promise"

Sango held her. "what Promise."

"I . . . I said. . . I wouldn't . . . Leave!"

"Leave what?"

"Sesshoumaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

Kagome was now beyond words and just sobbed.

"you must have had a good reason, he would understand."

"Kikyo was. . . mad. . . crazy. . . she . . .she was going . . . to . . .bring him. . . back."

"Bring who back?" Inuyasha moved in close and Kagome was calming down some.

"Naraku."

"WHAT!"

"WHAT!"

"WHAT!"

Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha were shocked like her was going to appear any moment.

"Don't worry. I stopped her. I put the artifact on an Island that will become a volcano in a hundred years. and I put a spell on it to protect it until then."

The tension went out of the room as quickly as it came.

"Then you went home?"

"I tried but he had locked me out of his grounds."

Kagome buried her head in her hands and cried.

Quietly Inuyasha left. He was going to find Sesshoumaru.