InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ spying and fighting ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I slept fitfully the next couple of days. The woman from the jewel seemed a constant presence in the waking world and my conversations with her I my dreams were not reassuring.

'Please call me Bree. That name will suffice for now'

"Bree why do you speak to me now?"

'things are coming. Events set in motion we cannot yet stop. But soon a time will come when it will be possible.'

"Bree?''

'Yes?'

"the first time you spoke to me you said the fourth soul. She could let me view things."

'Yes, I did.'

"Could I see Sesshoumaru."

'You will have to speak to her'

She lead me to a wall of weeping willows. They drew their branches back and I could follow the path. Bree would not follow. She said this was something I had to do alone.

At the end their was an impossibly large weeping willow. the branches pulling back and making a clearing. from the shadows of the trunk stepped a woman.

Black flowing dress under the black cloak. The hood covering milky white skin and all you could see of her face was a red rose bud mouth.

'Daughter. It is not yet time for you to know my true name but please call me Leigh for now. You wish to ask me something?'

"I want to see my mate, Sesshoumaru."

'This I can do but it is not a gift. it comes with a price.'

"what price."

'Many would say they would give anything. Your's is the intelligent answer. The price is small for one who is one with my soul. Energy. You will not have the energy to enter The Garden of the Dream for a fortnight. You will experience the emotions, pain and glory of all. and you will not have the comfort of this dream. Do you accept this price?'

"I will pay this price."

'Then the price is set. take my hand.'

*Sesshoumarus dojo*

I watched as he went through the motions of his practice. His fine chiseled body moving with more grace then a ballet dancer. I loved to watch him practice. He would pretend not to notice.

Suddenly he stopped and instead of sheathing the practice sword he flung it as the far wall. there I could see the evidence of other swords pulled from the wall.

He has never let his anger get out of control but now he was shaking.

I moved to comfort him. My hand rested on his shoulder.

"Kagome"

"I'm here, Sesshoumaru."

It was foolish. He could not hear me. I'm not even a shadow here.

"why did you leave? I would give anything to see you again."

"I'm here Sesshoumaru! I'm here!"

"Damn what am I saying. How could I, Sesshoumaru, fall for some weak, deceitful, pitiful, betraying human wench!"

I jerked back. His sadness, smelling of salt and violets, melted away and was replaced with anger, scented with fire, sulfur and death.

He hated me and it was all my fault.

"I've had enough. I want to leave." as I faded away I yelled, " I love you Sesshoumaru. I will always love you my mate."

*******************

Sesshoumaru turned and for a moment he thought he saw Kagome, almost thought he heard her say she loved him. His anger disappeared to leave only a gnawing hole. He missed her. But he will remain under control of his feelings.

To distract him he decided to respond to the yelling outside.

"Sesshoumaru! You fucking coward. Get your ass out here you low life arrogant jerk!"

"IF you are quite done Inuyasha, May I ask what you want?"

"Damn you Sesshoumaru I should kill you now."

"Why ever for?" Sesshoumaru was in complete control of his feelings.

"Kagome almost died because of you. Because you were to prideful to let her come back and explain!"

"this is of no concern to you."

"Like hell it isn't! I didn't let her go just so she can die of a broken heart! She needs you, Kami only knows why!"

"She is the one who betrayed me! She was the one who left!''

"finally some emotion! you should know her better! she has matters to deal with!"

"I would have handled them for her!"

"You can't do everything for her! She has her own responsibilities!"

"She's my mate! Her responsibilities are mine!"

"Kagome has a mission here, or else I don't think the fate would let her be here. And if she was only here to destroy Naraku then she would have been back in her time by now. Some thing is coming and she may not always be able to ask for help. She needs to be independent.

"Then she can do it on her own! With out me!"

"Feh. You don't deserve her anyway!"

Sesshoumaru watched as Inuyasha left. He was about to say some thing but then he just walked way. what was he going to day?

**********************

Inuyasha stomped off.

'If you doesn't want Kagome then he doesn't deserve the pup either. She doesn't even know yet but then again how could she when she is still so upset about Sesshoumaru rejecting her.'