InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ Sesshou's wondering mind ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

So here it is.. . the next chappie. Plus some one wanted me to fill the gap in the two years I skipped at the beginning. so I'm throwing in some flashbacks even though i don't really care for them. so this one for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshoumaru watched Rin and the Kit. He had kept him here because he did not wish to let go of the one thing left of Kagome. He told himself he kept him because he didn't want him to be with Kagome and tell her all the business of the castle but he was lying.

***Flashback***

Kagome had been here but a few months and already things where changing.

Yesterday he caught one of the maids Humming. HUMMING!

When questioned why she was not silent, as servants should be, she replied, "the Lady Kagome said it was unnerving for us to be so quiet so I asked permission to hum. I didn't mean to do so in you rpesence My Lord! Please forgive me!"

Now he was sitting in his study and he noticed that something was amiss.

"What is that STENCH!"

He went in search of the origins. He stopped in front of Kagomes apartments. He thought for a second if he should enter her rooms.

"what am I saying. This is my house."

Inside Sesshoumaru found the offensive smell. Along one wall an array of different spices, plants, flowers and weeds had been hung to dry.

"What is the meaning of this." Sesshoumaru grabbed a handfull of drying plants and held them up. Kagome and Rin looked at him.

"Kagome-sama was showing Rin how to dry plants for medicine! And now you ruined it!"

Rin ran off in tears and Sesshoumaru remained stone faced.

"That was a horrible thing to do! You brought me here to teach her then coming in a ruining it! Not to mention the fact that Rin is a very sensitive girl who adores you, and you . . . you . . . well you might as well have slapped her in the face! This meant alot to her! You should be ashamed of your self!"

She turned and ran after Rin. And the suprising thing was, he was ashamed.

(AN: Awe Sesshou's first feeling)

***End Flashback***

Now the castle smelled like it alway had and he had to admit he missed the smell of drying flowers. He went to his study where he had hung samples of lavander and roses.

The kit was much like Kagome and he liked him. He would never say so but he secretly hoped it would work out between Rin and him.

***Flash***

Kagome was going throught the motions of swordplay. She had a basic knowleadge and wasn't half bad for a begginner. But she over extended herself and tumbled to the floor. She let out a string of curses that would make a sailor blush.

"I hope you do not use that type of language around Rin."

"oh Shut up! I'm not in the mood."

"and that is your excuse for such horrid swordsmanship?"

"you know what? Bite Me!"

He was confused by her choice of words but intrigued at the request.

"I must decline your tempting offer."

Kagome was on her feet and picking up the sword.

"If you keep your weight back a little more you will have more stable footing"

"thank you for the advice now if you don't mind. . . "

"but I do mind. You don't plan to continue teaching swordplay when you know so little."

"well I don't see you doing any of the teaching!"

"Well I simply so not have the patience for teaching, especially when it's Rin."

She gritted her teeth and growled. It was an amusing sound and I almost smirked. Almost.

"Don't you think I know how hard it is to teach a hyperactive child! I'd give my right arm for some ridilin!"

Again with the strange word choices.

"I will teach you then you can teach her."

I was just suprised as she at the offer. But it worked out. when Rin grew a little older she calmed down enough that I began teaching along side Kagome.

***Back***

He missed Kagome but couldn't imagine looking for her or asking her to come back.

***Flash back***

I sat in my office and a knock at the door was closely followed by Kagome.

She was wearing one of those strange outfits she brought with her. Indecent if you ask me. She calles them shorts. That pretty much discribes them. And the called the top a tank top. Indecent.

She strolled up to my desk. This is the first time she has been in my study. When she reached my desk she suddenly smiled and hopped up it sit on the corner. she crossed her legs and said "morning Mr. Sesshoumaru."

"There are other seats in the room Kagome."

"I know but ever since I saw "The Nanny" I've always wanted to do this. Julia Roberts also did it in "Pretty Woman" It just looks like fun."

"Where ever did my brother find such a strage woman?" I said to my self mostly but was slightly shock by her answer.

"Oh he didn't find me. I found him. I was chased by some giant centipede demon throught the Bone Eaters Well in my familys shrine. When I came out I was in the Fedual Era. Thats when I found Inuyasha pinned to the God Tree."

"What?"

"Oh. I thought you knew I was from the future."

"You. From the future?"

"Yeah. I guess you didn't know." She slid of the desk and started to walk away.

"Come back." She froze like a dear caught in the head lights. At least thats one of the expressions she later taught me. Head lights were part of this thing called a car and . . . well that isn't important.

"I want to hear more about this."

She came back and sat back on the desk. The servants brought us dinner as she explained everything she knew about the world in the future.

***flash forward***

It was too late to save them now. He should have went back when Inuyasha came during the winter. that was two months ago. Four since Kagome left. four since he became mates with her. Four since she had returned to him. was it really too late?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome walked freely in the Garden of the dream. Here she wore a lose white gown drapped over her small form. She wondered how long it would remain small.

Bree reassured her that by having a child she would not compromise her mission. I still had a while to wait for events to unfold.

Often I would walk here with Bree. She would share with me the forgotten lore of the ages past. I spent the nights expanding my powers.

'Because you are Miko born and have been endowed with the title of Lady of the Westernlands there was a transfer of powers. You already know what your marks mean but you have not been fully informed.

'When Sesshoumaru bit you he infused you with his blood as well as taking yours. You are immune to his poison and he is immune to your miko purifying energies. He also gave you his strenghth and it manifested itself as your white hair.'

"but if I received his strenth waht did he recieve?"

'The ability to cope with emotions even while in combat. It makes him stronger.'

I went to see Leigh afterward. I spent much time here with her. we seldom speak. Mostly I meditate with her calming aura near.

"Leigh"

'yes?'

"Can you show me Sesshoumaru?"

'Are you willing to pay the price?'

"Is it the same?"

'Yes. As long as you do not interfere. You have gained power here and you have begun to effect hings here. You may enter his dreams or be seen as a shadow in his waking world. you will effect things now. but you must not say or do anything he doesn't compel you to. Understood?'

"I understand."

'he dreams'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshoumaru walked on the courtyard.

I am standing the same place as I did awaiting Kagomes return. But now it ws the spring. Mid spring. I was once again wating for her. I waited every night but she never comes.

A golden yellow leaf flew through the air and was carried south.

'But its' not fall?"

I followed the leaf and it fell at the feet of a girl in white. A flowing white gown and her hair matched almost perfectly. It was a purer white. Red marked her cheek bones and the cresent moon adorned her forehead.

"Kagome?"

she was compelled forward. She took steps not her own choice.

"I have wished for your return."

"And I have"

"I missed you."

"I miss you as well Sesshoumaru."

"I am glad to hear my name on your lips.''

Kagome wanted to cry but it was not Sesshoumaru's will for her to do so.

"Kagome. I love you. Will you return?"

"Yes, because I still Love you."

"and you will never again leave me?"

I was supposed to answer 'never' but i din't want to lie to him. I couldn't

"Sesshoumaru. I will return but I will not make a promise we will live to regret."

'What are you doing? You do not understand the price you will have to pay'

I left Sesshoumaru's dream and stepped back into the garden.

"I'm sorry Leigh. I couldn't lie."

'Yes, and you will have to pay the price."

"what price?"

'You have changed it from a simple dream to a prophesy. you will now have to return to him at midspring.'

''But how is that a terrible price?"

'It may not be, but it could be. You have taken things out of time. you will return earlier than fate had planned this may change the way your reunion will play out.'

"Do you think it will turn out badly?"

'I hope not child but now it is time for you to sleep alone. In the morning you will return to Sesshoumaru and you will not be here again until you do meet.'

"I'm afraid"

'be brave for we are with you Kagome. Kikyo, Bree and I. We will be your support when you have none.

Sleep child'

She came near and kissed my forehead with those blood red lips.

and I slept